You were Beautiful

By hailthegoddessjihyo

This is a story of an alternate universe where Twice members were just ordinary girls. Far from stardom but s... More

CH1. Broken
CH3. Wake up
CH4. All is Well
CH5. Stay
CH6. Drifting Memories
CH7. Leaving
nothing but notes
CH8. Encounter
CH9. Calling
CH10. Unchanged
CH11. Remember
CH12. Screwed
CH13. Lean on me
nothing but notess
nothing but notesss
CH14. Unnoticed
nothing but notessss
CH15. A Reminder
nothing but notesssss
nothing but notessssss
CH16. Same but not
CH17. Harrowing
CH18. Breakthrough
CH19. Let's End This!
CH20. Going Back
CH21. Not Moving.
CH22. Fail to Remember
CH23. Beaming
CH24. Coda
The End.
Thank you...
Annyeong People of World!

CH2. Music

175 13 0
By hailthegoddessjihyo

🎵It's just that I keep thinking about all the melodies, you made asleep at night...🎵

3rd Person POV

It's an ordinary night here at Myeongdong, people getting drunk and singing their hearts out. After we heard a trot song from one of the waitresses, this young man grabbed the microphone and we really are worried since the man is already slurring.

"Anyeonghaseyo, sorry if I need to sing my stress out. Please don't mind me." Then he started to sing acapella :

jo-geum deo bol-lyu-meul no-pyeo-jwo

bi-teu-e nal ssum-gi-ge

o-neu-reun mo-reun cheok hae-jwo

hok-ssi nae-ga u-reo-do

chin-gu-yeo geu-reo-ke bo-ji-ma

mam-kkeot chwi-ha-go si-peo

bam sae-do-rok no-rael bu-reu-ja

i ba-mi ji-na-myeon i-jeul-kke

neo-ui mal-cheo-reom jal jji-nael-ge

ga-kkeum deul-li-neun an-bu-e

mo-jin ga-seum doel su it-kkil

eo-tteon a-peum-do gyeon-dil su it-kke

He's singing a familiar song, and we realized, it was Passionate Goodbye but this version was really slow, and sad. We pity him as tears escape from his beautiful eyes. The waitress grabbed another microphone and sang with him on the chorus part

so-jung-haet-tteon nae sa-ra-ma i-jen

an-nyeong

chal-lan-ha-ge ban-jja-gi-deon nun-ttong-ja-yeo

sa-rang-haet-tteon nal-tteu-ri-yeo i-jen

an-nyeong

dal-ppit a-rae ta-o-reu-deon bul-geun ip-ssul

tteo-nan-da-myeon bo-nae-deu-ri-ri

tteu-geop-kke tteu-geop-kke

annyeong

Other customers were singing and humming with him and there's one taking video of this drunk singer.

"Daebak, now that's music!"

"Yah you sound so good together!"

"Ms. Waitress sounds like a professional singer"

"Encooore Encooore!!!"

We clapped at them but the guy came back to drinking ignoring the crowd.

"Thank you, Thank you guys! Ahjumma, soju please! Puweeeeaseee!"

A middle-aged woman yelled at him, "Yah it's your 12th bottle, stop now young man!" then she smacked his head.

The guy seemed to be pissed "Ahjumma!!! Yah ahjumma... d-did you just... hit me?"

This smells trouble but we were shocked as he knelt and ask for more. "Ahjumma, again please! Ahjumma... jebal... hit me jebal"

That kid looks really wasted, he's crying and he'd like someone to hit him. He's bothering other customers and the waitresses are having a hard time apologizing to us and making him sit on one place.

On the other hand, a girl from the corner stood up and confronted him. Her eyes were squinting, observing the guy and shit, she looked angry too. This drunk girl is cracking her fists, fuck he's doomed. "Yah, you piece of trash! You noisy faggot, you want me to hit you?"

We are closely looking at them, hoping nothing will happen bad between these drunkards

Then the guy, spoke "Yy-es please hit me, ahjumma! I beg y-you"

She clenched her fist as she did an unusual fighting stance and yelled "Shining Fist of the Penguin!"

She swung a powerful left but the drunk man stumbled right before the girl's fist meets his face. The drunk girl lost her balance and fall on top of the drunk man. Omo, they look cute and we laughed at them as they struggle to get out of their position.

"Auntie, help!" the beautiful tall waitress yelled as she saw the scene
"Aigoo these kids! Jeongyeon, Jihyo! Get these rats out of my place!" The middle-aged woman gave an apologetic bow to her customers.

"Nae, imo"

"Jeong, let's get their phones and contact their families"

"You got it. Hey, Yoda can you clean the tables? I'll help you as soon as we're done calling" the tall waitress nodded.

In just a few minutes, they successfully found the contacts. The blonde short haired girl, or Jeongyeon called the penguin's friend with a soft voice "Yobeoseo..."

(WHERE THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU FUCKING PENGUIN!? GET YOUR FUCKING ASS HOME OR I'M GONNA SHOVE THIS FUCKING PAN INTO YOU, ARASEO?!)

They were startled by the loud voice. She was taken aback but remain composed. She tucked the stray strands of her hair back to her ears and spoke softly once again. "Please stay calm, miss. She's safe and she's here at Myeongdong at our food stall. She's drunk, please come and help your friend here. Gomabseubnida"

She overheard the conversations (Satang, Minari is wasted at Myeongdong) then she came back to her (sorry, we'll come now and fetch our friend. Gamsahamnida -- End call)

"Yah, Jeongyeon, daebak! that was really smooth."

Jeongyeon scoffed and gave a proud smile "Jihyo, I told you I can control my anger."

The tall waitress passed them and muttered something, "Unnie, true calmness needs to be partnered by white dress and a beautiful flower in your ears"

"YAH TZUYU, DO YOU THINK DRESS FITS MY TASTE? JIHYO CAN I SLAP THIS BITCH, JUST ONCE?"

Jihyo sighed in defeat, "Yep a perfect temper control"

On the other line...

(Y/N Oppa?...)

"Ji! Someone's on the line for the singing drunkard..." Jeongyeon noticed the blinking phone on Jihyo's hands.

"Annyeong, this is Jihyo! The owner of this phone is here at Myeongdong at our food stall. Can you please pick your friend here?"

(Thank you so much! We'll come now Jihyo-ssi)

Jihyo placed Y/Ns phone back to his jacket but she was shocked when the guy suddenly hugged her

"Yah, ahjussi... ahjussi?" she felt her shoulder was wet and when she checked the guy, she saw a man with full of sadness.

"Wae?! wae?!"

The tall waitress saw the pain on the man's closed eyes as tears overflowed, "Unnie..."

Jihyo nodded and he let him rest on his shoulder,

"We as normal human beings encounter hardships but these trials can be overcome by the help of our loved ones" She brushed the guy's cheeks wiping his tears "Don't cry ajhussi, you still have your family and friends, I'm sure of it."

Jeongyeon and the tall waitress smiled at Jihyo, they believe Jihyo's words are fitting to the guy's situation. Experience is a great teacher, right?

Jeongyeon's POV

After 10 mins a car came and 2 girls in their pyjamas were looking on our way. They look great but they don't look Koreans.

"Minari!!!"

I bowed at them "Annyeonghaseyo"

"Oh annyeong! We are here for Minari, she's our friend"

I carried this Minari girl to the car's back seat and the silver haired girl bowed. She went to the driver's seat and put her seat belt. The other girl bowed at me 90° as a sign of her apology.

"Please forgive me for my phone manners a while ago"

I smiled and patted her shoulder, "No don't mention it, it's really fine."

While she's in that position she offered her hands and started the proper introduction, "I am Momo, Hirai Momo and I am really sorry ahjussi."

I reached out for it and chuckled, "I'm a girl, Momo-ssi, please call me Jeongyeon."

"Eh?" her funny reply, "I'm sorry Jeongyeon-ssi" she bowed once more.

"Imo, asked me to give this to you and please remind your friend not to use the 'Shining Fist of the Penguin' " I handed over the soup prepared by auntie and smiled as I remember Minari.

Momo facepalmed at me, "Oh hospital bills again?! In what hospital, did they bring Minari's victim?"

"Victim? Ahh there are no casualties, Momo-ssi. You see the crying namja there? He is supposed to receive the blow but he falls before her fist reach him."

Momo was shocked, "Jinjja? Then, he's the first..."

"First?" I asked her

She nodded, "Mina has this dangerous habit of punching people when she's heavily drunk. She never misses a target. Accurate as fuck Jeongyeon-ssi. We went to serious settlements for the injured ones but this is the first time I heard someone dodged"

"Then that man might be special... anyways some people took videos of them so Minari might found herself famous the moment she woke up." I jokingly added to our conversation she chortled cutely.

"Thank you, Jeongyeon-ssi for taking care of our friend. Please tell the stall owner our thanks and we'll be back to say our formal apologies with this kid"

I watched them got out of the place, then this Yoda came to tease me, "Unnie, you like Momo-ssi?"

"Yah, Tzuyu, what are you talking about?"

"She call you ahjus-" Before she finished the word I hit her.

"I'm not a man, Yoda!"

"Then why are you smiling when Momo-ssi mentioned that word! You're so unfair coconut-unnie!"

"Aigoo, are you now disrespecting your unnie?" I shouted at her and she walked back to the stall and cleaned the tables. I thought to myself, that Momo girl is unique and I should get her number when they visit us again.

I darted my eyes to the other direction and now I am looking Jihyo, she's staring and caressing the drunk man's face so I walked closer to them.

"You think he's better than Dan?" I asked her

"Jeong, let's not bring him up"

I cut her off "Be honest, do you still love that jerk? You just dated for 7 months and now it's been 2 years yet you still can't move on?"

"It's not that easy Jeong, he's part of my past and..."

"And what? What's so complicated about that man? He didn't even visit Jungkook's funeral what kind of friend is that?"
"Yah! You might woke him up!"
She put a finger on my lips to silence me then she looked again to the guy and said "He looks brokenhearted."

Then Tzuyu came, "I think I saw him a few times in the University and in the market near Seoul.
"Ohhh he's a professor?"
"I am not sure, we never meet in classrooms though." She looked at the guy again "But this is the first time I saw him here in Myeongdong alone." Tzuyu added.
"Alone?"

"Yeah, he's always with a girl, this tall and with bunny teeth. Thick but Jihyo unnie is thicker"
"YAAAAAH. Are you saying I'm fat?" JIhyo slapped her shoulders.

"Park Jihyo, that means voluptuous in Tzuyu's modern dictionary!" I heard that multiple times from Tzuyu, until one day she explained this 'thick' word.

Ok that's Tzuyu, she's a very observant girl, pretty and she's taller than Jihyo and I. In addition to her visuals and exceptional skills on seeing people's lives, she's like a walking map as she knows almost all streets and passages here in Myeongdong. The 3 of us are siblings bound by papers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.7K 2.1K 33
There's a saying before that "Life is as ever precious as gold," but you never fathomed to that belief. Ever since you became an orphan at a very you...
154K 3.3K 50
Twice x Reader fanfic (More like Me x Twice but I tried) Reader gender: Male The beginning explains everything you need to know This is my first stor...
52.2K 3.1K 42
******************** "You won't believe me, I dreamt about you last night." "So, how was the nightmare?" "Yah, it was not a nightmare. It was the bea...