Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

xxviii

3.1K 154 54
By nojambrostan

Nayeon's POV

I know I suck because I rejected Jeongyeon this afternoon. But just a little bit of information, I wanted to do it on my terms. It may seem selfish to hear, but I want things to be in perfect sync with her. Jeongyeon deserves better.

Luckily, she didn't come with us to dinner. So I took the chance to ask help from Sana and Tzuyu about my plan. However, I'm aware it'll surprise them about knowing it since I haven't told them Jeongyeon and I have a thing now.

Also, about the incident with Jeongyeon liking someone else that caused her to break up with Mina, they haven't known it yet. I internally gathered myself first to take the courage and tell them that I am that 'someone else'. But maybe later.

We three decided to have dinner at that one restaurant we usually eat and dine. As we three walked to the location, Sana initiated a convo.

"How are you, Nayeonie? Your schedules are pretty tight that we didn't get to hang out more often." She asked. And it's true that we don't hang out like we used to.

Usually, I stay in their room and watch a lot of series then have a little chat and gossip about our lives and other people's. But these days, I'm pretty hooked up with my studies very much.

"I've been well. And just bummed with the examinations. You? Don't you have a recital to prepare?"

"I do. But you know me, I'm not that much of a practice person." She giggled while Tzuyu was glaring at her. They looked cute together.

"Anyways, you two seemed to get along more. Something happening between you two?" I asked noticing how comfortable Tzuyu showed as Sana kept on clinging to her.

"This girl," Sana opened while glancing at Tzuyu with an aegyo look, "is already mine."

"What? Jinjja?" I exclaimed as I heard a piece of good news.

"Aish, unnie. It's embarrassing." Tzuyu blurted as her cheeks turn red.

"Daebak! I can't believe it." I added.

"I know, right?" Sana said in her glee tone.

"No, I mean I can't believe Tzuyu was able to tolerate your flirtatious and touchy self, Sana. Congrats to you," I pointed at Sana. "And good luck to you," I pointed at Tzuyu.

"Yah! I'm not a flirt anymore ever since Tzuyu became my roommate, and you know that!" Sana started arguing with her high pitched voice.

Then for a long period I've been with these two, it's the first time I saw Tzuyu smiled genuinely like she was indeed happy with Sana. Tzuyu gave Sana a pat on the head like a dog while she was pouting.

"Well, at least we both had the guts to tell what we really feel. How about you? Still stuck to your best friend?" Sana made of fun of me not knowing I came to them because of it. Sana stuck her tongue out playing like a child.

"That's why I'm with you tonight." I rolled my eyes playfully. We chose one seat as we get in the restaurant and ordered right away.

"What do you mean?" Sana was curious. Then we all three sat down and settled ourselves.

"I was wondering if you two could help me," I sheepishly started. "Well," I stared at them first as I was looking for my next word.

"Well?" Sana asked impatiently.

"You see," Still I was lost with words.

"You and Jeongyeon unnie are together, aren't you?" Tzuyu asked out of nowhere. Like damn, how did she know?

"Seriously?" Sana hit the table as she was convinced when I didn't say something with Tzuyu's assumption.

"Well, not technically. I haven't made things official with her yet." I told them, "And yes, I am that someone else who caused her to break up with Mina months ago. If you are asking." I said it advance.

"I'm not surprised though," Tzuyu said with her usual face. "Of course, you wouldn't." Sana mocked Tzuyu but later on stopped when Tzuyu glared at her like she was about to be eaten.

"Yah!" I caught their attention. "The reason why I'm here is that I'm asking for your help in proposing to Jeongyeon," I informed.

"Propose? Are you gonna marry her?" Sana laughed after but stopped again as Tzuyu rolled her eyes feeling annoyed.

"You know, I love how Tzuyu dominates you Sana." I laughed at her. "Now, can you please focus? I just want to ask Jeongyeon to be my girlfriend perfectly." I told them while my smile widened as I imagine all the things I wanted to do for her.

"Damn, Im Nayeon is a top," Sana blurted out and some of the customers inside the restaurant eyed us weirdly and probably judging us. "Anyways, I'm in." She said.

"Me too, unnie. I want to help." Tzuyu showed a light smile that made me excited.

"Yey! Thank you!" I cried in happiness and hugged them both.

"So, what's the plan?" They both asked.

Jeongyeon's POV

Mina and I walked quietly to her room as she wished me to have a spare of my time and tell me something. I didn't bother asking her what is it about and just go along with it.

Knowing Nayeon and Sana together, I assumed already that they'll be out late so I took the chance already to gave Mina the opportunity to have me for the night. Of course, I'm still guilty that's why I agreed to her request.

There was a sudden strange feeling I had when I entered their room. I glanced at Momo's bed making me shiver a little after remembering that time she slapped the shit out of me and felt like my soul just left because of the impact.

I sighed silently and waited for Mina to start her talk. I sat on one chair located across her to where she was sitting.

Mina's head was hanging down and looking nervous maybe because I'm inside her room, and we're both alone.

"Jeongyeon," Mina finally spoke but still avoiding my gaze.

"Yeah?"

"I just want to tell you I'm sorry if I did something wrong to you before." She said. Her sudden apologizing made me stunned. It was all my fault that we end up that way but instead, she was the one who is apologizing now.

"I know I had my lapses before as a girlfriend maybe that's why it was easy for you to leave me like that." Her words hit me so hard that I could actually be killed if it was a real gun she shoots.

"Mina," I cut her off. "You did nothing wrong to me and to our relationship. You are a perfect definition of a girlfriend type. However, I messed up. I was in a rush of having you and careless enough not to save us." I went closer to her and kneel in front of her to see her face who was still facing down.

"Mianhae, Mina. I am really sorry for causing you heartbreak and trouble." I uttered.

"And I'm sorry for my cousin too, Jeongyeon. I already know what Momo unnie did to you." She tilted her head enough to let me see her face. "I heard her and Chaeyoung talked about what she did. That's why I got furious about it. But she hasn't known that I already knew yet."

"It's okay, I deserve it anyway." I transferred on her side and sat closer to her.

"But still, she didn't need to butt in with our problem and physically hurt you like that." Mina sweetly exclaimed. She sounded so fierce yet so calm and innocent like.

I laughed and tried hushing myself at her attitude that made her furrowed her brows.

"What are you laughing at?" She asked.

"You still have that trait being so harsh inside but fails to be one as your innocence appears on the outside," I told her.

"Typical Jeongyeon being a mockery one," She fought back.

We both got quiet after that small laughter we had for a short time. I saw Mina fiddle with her fingers again while looking at it noticing that she wanted to tell me something more.

"Jeongyeon,"

I hummed in response as I looked at her.

"There's a big reason behind Momo unnie's rage over you," she looked up to see me again. "I was broken a few years back in Japan. I happened to be stupid in love back then. Maybe that's why unnie was furious knowing you like someone else while you were still with me."

I didn't bother to cut off her story as I felt like I just needed to listen. I waited for her to talk and gave her my ears.

"I used to have a girlfriend in Japan. But never did I know she did it over a bet with her friends. She was my senpai in my dance class. They all noticed me when I entered the class with the upperclassmen at a young age. All of my classmates were 2 to 3 older than me. So I was naive when it comes to them," She suddenly and looked up as if she reminiscing with her memories.

"Just to make the story short, I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and had my therapy after when she broke up with me. The bet was to be with me within half a year straight. If senpai was able to surpass that, then she wins. And she did." She shook her head. Now, I feel really sorry. "She was good at it though. I had no single clue that it was all pretend and I had to make myself fall for her hard." Her expression became duller.

"I hated her. And I hated myself for falling in love with her." Mina sighed and threw her arms up. "So that's why I was a mess when you broke up with me. I know it was a different situation but the thought that I was left behind easily made me mad. But now, I'm all good." She said showing me a weak smile.

"That's why Momo unnie begged my parents to let me study here in Korea to be with her and possibly move on. But then you came," Her last words made me shittier than ever and I avoided her eyes. "I didn't mean that way, Jeongyeon." She continuously waved her hand telling me the opposite thing.

"I mean you came to make me realize that I can still be loved even for a temporary moment. But no worries now, I have Chaeyoung with me." I smiled weakly after hearing Chaeyoung's name and gave me a glimpse of hope that Mina can still be happy regardless of what I've done.

"You two together now?" I asked. I finally said something.

Mina just nodded and pursed her lips with a smile. I guess she was really happy about them.

"And I'm sorry if Chaeyoung acted that way. I meant on the bus. She gets childish and immature at times. I told her to stop bothering you and Nayeon unnie but she won't let it go easily." Mina's expression changed again and feeling ashamed because of Chaeyoung's attitude toward us.

"I was glad when Nayeon unnie yelled at her after. It was like she turned into a mother figure scolding her child for being rude. I like Nayeon unnie," she whispered the last part of her statement.

"Me too," I whispered under my breath.

"Of course, it's her. Am I right?" Mina playfully smiled as she asked.

"Well, yeah." I rubbed my nape feeling shy about telling Mina I like Nayeon.

"I'm glad you're being true to yourself now, Jeongyeon. And thank you for having this talk with me. Now, I feel good and free. And I hope you do too." Mina stretched out her arms inviting me for a hug.

I didn't hesitate and accepted her hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Mina. For this." I uttered.

She pulled away and I can see eyes were getting teary all of the sudden. "Aigoo, uljima, Mina." I chuckled and wiped the first tear ran down.

"I'm just glad we were able to have this closure, Jeongyeon." She said.

I slowly held her forehead and leaned for a quick kiss. Well, it was a friendly gesture I did and there's nothing malice about it.

However, I notice the door was widely opened and saw a familiar figure standing with a phone on her hand, watching me kissing her girl's forehead.

Fucking hell! I should really learn how to lock doors next time.

"You bitch!" Then Chaeyoung shouted and came over to beat my poor ass.

Oh, boy...

Little cub on the loose 🐯

Please, don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you and love lotsss :*
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 203 21
Jeongyeon, a girl full of a thousand problems, finally meets her soulmate. But confessing won't be so easy, especially since it's her straight best f...
23.9K 1K 44
Chaeyoung sadly looks down. "When I left for Europe five years ago... I think my heart wasn't with me. I think I left my heart here in Korea. And it...
46.3K 1.6K 62
Y/n is a normal school girl, who adores TWICE so much, they are her happiness, her cure. Thinking how can she get a better life. What will happen if...
5.1K 102 42
A fiction about two friends mina and chaeyoung who fell in love with each other during their school phase. undergoing through all the hardships toget...