Sold! To the Rebellion [SECON...

By ambiance101

***[EXPLICIT CONTENT: violence, brimming with swear words, sèx and more, more sex! Advisable age: 18 and abov... More

Sold! To the Rebellion
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning of Another
Chapter 2: The Accidental Meeting
Chapter 3: Rearing in the Beast
Chapter 4: Strong Bonds Don't Break
Chapter 6: Intensity
Chapter 7: Straightening Creases
Chapter 8: A Mix up in Mexico
Chapter 9: Dates and Kidnaps
Chapter 10: From the Mouth of the Murderer
Chapter 11: Seeing an Old Friend
Chapter 12: More Than What it Meant
Chapter 13: A Christmas to Remember
Chapter 14: The Heart Wants What the Heart Wants
Chapter 15: Traps and Betrayal
Chapter 16: The Truth Behind
Chapter 17: Into the Floating Metal
Chapter 18: Out Cold
Chapter 19: Surprise!
Epilogue
In Which the Author Closes a Book...again
Writing Tips from Ariel Carrera: how to get MORE!
Sold! To the Vampire King

Chapter 5: To Fight for Freedom

11.5K 406 111
By ambiance101

Please read author's notes below. Thanks.

The Rebellion Training Grounds,
November 2014
|HOLLY|

Awkward.

Totally awkward.

I'm standing across the field, trying hard to focus on Iris' fight. I tried my best to focus on her left hooks and jabs, trying hard to even watch her opponent. Don't you dare slide your gaze to his...don't you dare... I tried reminding myself as I I pursed my lips and glared at her roundhouse kicks. When her opponent managed to land a punch at Iris' face, the crowd immediately snort wild and I did, too, scowling at her opponent. That moment, my gaze landed on the dark figure standing before me.

Harley Bracken tired his best to loo bored as he tried to watch the fight going on but his gaze always shifted back to mine. Once our eyes met, he held his gaze while I snapped my head away.

I'm still pissed at him.

After he said those words in the jet, we fell into an uncomfortable silence. He excused himself and left me for the bathroom while I stood there, shocked to my bones. Did he really just say that? Did he?! I screamed in frustration and decided to take the anger on a broom closet in the jet. When my hand is throbbing with pain and the wood flying into splinters in the floor did I stop and rest back in my seat. Harley appeared five minutes later, looking refreshed while I sat there, glaring daggers at him, still very naked. The guy had the audacity of blushing and feeling guilty that he threw his shirt on me which seemed like a nightgown in my frame. Not wanting to exit the jet naked, I slipped it on, grumbling curses along the way.

The drive back to the training grounds and the walk up the mountain was even more awkward. None of us spoke, the huge wall between us crushing us into torment. And so, it landed both of us here.

There days of no contact with each other, whatsoever.

Three freaking days of me avoiding him.

Three days since he kissed me.

The memory burned into my brain like a brand as I blushed. I didn't like the kiss but I wasn't repulsed by it either. I know in my heart that Calvin is the one I seek but I need to face facts: he would never like me back. Harley...he's probably just fooling around, trying to bed me or make me believe he cared. Women fall in their knees just for a night with him, why would he want me? Plain, old Holly who sucks at fighting and probably has no special physical attributes that they want.

I sighed and focused on the fight before me. Dust swirled around the ground as Iris' opponent fell with a thud and the deafening shouts and screams of victory erupted in the air. I saw Emile opposite me, grinning at her friend like a fool while she threw a bucket of water to Iris who received the ice cold liquid that splashed against her.

I caught Harley staring at me again before his attention is averted back to the victorious who decided to approach him now. Oh, I forgot to mention, the fight Iris is fighting is a promotion game; it's a type of game-- a death match as I named-- where the top fighters vying for the spot of battalion commander get to face each other for a fight and whoever wins it will be promoted immediately.

I see Harley shake Iris' hand and raised it up as a sign of triumph. The crowd roared again and I see Iris beam at me and Emile, probably screaming her heart out in victory. "Vampires and werewolves," Harley Bracken started as he scanned the area ", I give you, our new battalion commander, Iris!"

I cheered and clapped my hand at my friend's achievement and tried hard to ignore the eyes of the alpha werewolf before me. When the crowd dispersed, I stood under the shadow of the tree and watched everyone congratulate Iris. My friend just shook their hands and clapped them; soon enough, I was left in the field with Iris, Emile and Harley.

The tension between Harley and I is palpable but none of my friends noticed the change. I jogged to where the three is and put on my best smile to offer to my friend. When I reached them, Iris and Emile were basically bickering again probably from a move she pulled in the fight. "Iris!" I said cheerfully when I reached them, aware of the alpha werewolf's eyes into me again ", congrats! How should we celebrate?"

Emile perked up upon hearing the word 'celebrate' and started gushing about a newly opened club on just thirty minutes drive from here. Now, don't get me wrong, we are normally not allowed to go out of the training area but seeing that Iris has a new found position among the higher ups, sneaking out is much easier.

Iris turned her gaze at Harley who just shrugged at her. "You dig your own hole. If you want to sneak out, then make it inconspicuous. We wouldn't want unfairness in the team now, would we?" He said smiling at the two who giggled like high school girls in mischief. Emile shook me by the arm and gushed out about her plans when I felt warm hands encircle my wrists.

I pulled back but his grip on me was strong. "Can we talk, Holly?" He said in a hushed voice. He sounded to be in pain, emotionally or physically, that I do not know. I tried to pull my hand away from him again but to no avail. Finally, I sighed. "I don't think I want to talk to you now, Harley. Please leave me alone."

"I...I just want to apologize, Holly. Please."

"You've done enough!" I snapped at him but his didn't back down. He stared at my eyes while I stared at his, the battle for dominance is hot in the air. I think we may have been staring at each other long because Emile cleared her throat and we snapped our gazes away.

"Wow. That was intense. I think you guys forgot about us for a minute there," Iris said trying to sound amused but failed considerably, instead, she ended up sounding nervous and confused. Emile shuffled beside her and nudged her in the arm before saying ", go and take your time. We'll just be around. I'll save you a seat in the dining area!"

Emile squealed as she pranced away, pulling Iris behind her while telling her her favorite human food. The trees bristled as a cold gust of wind blew in the area, making me shiver for a bit though his warm fingers kept my extremities hot, as if making a statement of his hold in me. Face him now, Holly. You need to face him now, the little voice inside my head nudged me. Finally giving in to the fact that he won't let go of me until I did, I blew a sigh and turned to him.

"What do you need, Harley?" I asked bitterly.

He chewed on his lip for a while before answering me. "I'm sorry, Holly. It was wrong of me and...my pride as alpha forbade me to back down. I didn't meant to call you a...umm...that."

"You kissed me, too."

His eyes darkened as the sides of his lips twitched into a small smile. "I'm not sorry about that. It was actually hot."

"You're disgusting," I snapped at him as I shook his hand away from my wrist. I only took three steps ahead before he gently grabbed me by the arm and whipped me around to face him again. "I'm not sorry about the kiss. Yes, Holly, I am not. For once I want to protect you from him. He doesn't deserve you. You're an amazing person. I see you everyday and I could see glimpse of who you really are. You are amazing, Holly. And if he can't see that, then the fùck with him."

I crossed my arms at him and raised an eyebrow. "I don't need protecting from you. I can take care of myself and it's my own free will to choose who I want to be with. I can take care of my own. Don't worry about me, Harley." I emphasized his name as I stormed out of his grasp. How dare he?! How dare he just say that!

"Holly, please wait!"

"No, Harley!" I turned to him again and put on my big girl panties ", I am not your mate. You don't have to do things like these to me. I can take care of my self!" He opened his mouth to speak when I cut him to it ", and I want you to be sorry for the kiss! God, are you crazy?! Who just ups and kiss somebody you barely know? What do you think of me? A stupid bimbo who you could just go for a kiss without permission? I am a woman and I have the right to be respected! Now stay away from me or I'll cut your balls!"

" You don't understand, Holly. It's a hormonal thing. It's what alphas do!" He said exasperated.

"No! That's what greedy men do! Alphas are supposed to to considerate beings! You're just being a spoiled, rotten man who throw tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants!"

He shut up, his eyes turning a light shade of brown indicating that I pissed him off. Giving him one final glare, I walked out of the meadow and headed to the dining area just a two minutes of walk from here. Since it is lunch, a lot of people are already seated in the wooden benches and the constant chatter is in its peak. Sighing in relief, I turned around, satisfied that Harley isn't following me. He deserved it, I thought bitterly as I walked to our table. Emile and Iris are seated on our usual seats, both are arguing again probably about something irrelevant. When they saw me, they immediately stopped speaking.

"Hi guys," I muttered as I sat beside Emile who pushed me a tray of sandwich, apple and juice. I saw both of them glance at each other before springing up their seats and seating themselves beside me. It suddenly became too crowded to eat.

"Oh my gosh. What did Harley do to apologize to you?" Emile started in a hushed tone.
"Harley freaking Bracken just apologized to you, Holly! Harley never apologizes to anyone!" Iris said, this time, with a hint of disbelief in her voice.

And so, the glorious tales of our last night adventure is retold to my friends who gasped and almost had a heart attack. Of course, I left out the details about Calvin and I being acquainted to each other. Although, I did finally reveal to them that I was once a slave to the vampire lord of Winchester.

"Holy fùcking shít, Holly," Iris finally said after my improved and summarized version of last night's events. Emile nodded enthusiastically at me and at Iris as she bit on her lip, her fangs grazing at the skin there. "He fùcking kissed you," Emile said in wonder and covered her mouth. Emile never swears, so hearing her swear for the first time made me realize that I am indeed in deep shit.

I nodded and tried to eat my sandwich. "Yeah. I was so pissed at him. Even though he's an alpha, he shouldn't do something rude as that. I mean...in a pack, maybe, but here, out in the open where I am plainly a rogue? Not so much. Totally not cool."

"Not to mention unromantic," Emile said scrunching her nose.

"This is bigger shít than romance, Emile," Iris said rolling her eyes at her. Emile pouted at her and bared her fangs at Iris whose eyes turned amber to warn her off. Not thinking about my two friends, I just stared out the distance and tried to figure out why Harley kissed me. Why did he really? Is it payback for The Lord of Winchester? Is this some kind of a sick joke he's playing and that I am only a pawn to him?

...I will make sure you forget about him...

...I will make sure you will want nothing more...

...You will belong to me in due time, best remember that...

Suddenly, heat crept up in my face as I thought of his last sentence. What does he mean by that?! The urge to suddenly look for him and throttle him passed my mind and I contemplated on its execution when I felt an elbow dig in my ribs. I turned and saw Iris grinning at me.

"Hey, make yourself free tonight okay? Party at ten! No playing in the woods naked, hmm?" She said winking at me, probably talking about the time Harley emerged from the forest naked holding me who's also naked.

I blushed again and gave a curt nod at her. Emile clapped me in the back and checked her watch before groaning and muttering about her joining some training. I chuckled at her luck only to find out from Iris that I also have remedial trainings for sucking so bad in fist fights. Even though Iris would be the one teaching us losers, I still groaned, knowing that I'd be beaten to a pulp like last time.

After eating everything, Emile and Iris asked to walk me to my training ground which I am too happy for. Last time, I saw Lady and her friends loitering around the area, probably looking for someone to bully so I changed route and went through the forest, getting lost for a few minutes, before arriving at the destination. The cold breeze blew against me once again and I cursed the weather for its harshness. I am totally not made for the cold.

And so, Iris, Emile, and I walked towards the left training ground, or also known as the beta ground. While the three off us are chatting about nightclubs, alcohol and sex, we heard a thud followed by groaning and slight cheering. What the hell? Am I late? I checked Emile's watch and saw that it was only two minutes after one. They can't be starting now, Iris isn't even in there yet! The three of us exchanged glances before dashing to where the sounds are.

We heard another sickening crunch followed by a thud and cheers. My eyes went wide as I saw Harley in one of the bleachers, while staring at the ones fighting before him. Shock and anger laced my face as I saw an omega being beaten on the ground by a warrior werewolf who should be training at the alpha grounds. All fights--professional fights made to determine the strength of an individual or for promotional purposes like Iris' fight-- happens in the alpha grounds it is a large patch of land where warrior wolves train so it was such a surprise to see a warrior wolf here in the beta grounds, beating up a boy around fifteen. My heart thrummed at the thought as I watched a boy, barely a man, being beaten up by a wolf in steroids...

And Harley is just seated there, waiting for everything to finish up.

"Bracken!" Iris' voice snapped me out of my trance as she bellowed at Harley who didn't look in our direction.

"Bracken!" She said again, angrily storming towards Harley who still seemed pissed from our earlier banter ",what are you doing in my training ground? Jesus Christ! You're letting an class A warrior fight a boy?! What are you thinking?!"

"Back away, Iris," he said lowly that we almost didn't hear him. The people, the weak people who lost the same fights as I did, backed away immediately from the brooding werewolves who are about to clash. Instead of turning away though, Iris gave a low growl at him, warning him as well.

To say that my respect to the girl went overdrive is an understatement.
"You have no business here, Harley," Iris said, her eyes turning a shade lighter and before anyone of us knew it, he had her pinned to a nearby tree, not even giving her a chance to shift. A loud cracking sound-- from the tree or from Iris, we don't know-- resounded through the walls of the trees that swayed against the wind. Though the sun is high up the heavens, the atmosphere is chilly; it blew goosebumps in my arms but not the way Harley did at the moment. Iris is raised in the tree, Harley's hands around her neck; she struggled for air as she was lifted off the ground and Emile chose that moment to intervene.

"Please no! She didn't mean what she said! Please!" She screamed as she dashed to where her friend is pinned on. I jogged towards them too, noticing now that the fight has stopped and now all eyes are with us. Harley turned to her and she froze in her spot, knowing that she can't save her friend from the monster he'd become. My heart jumped frantically at my chest, as I sought for a way out. Iris is slowly turning into a purple mess as oxygen is deprived off her lungs.

He's mad at you, Holly. Not at anybody. You. Holly Greener. Now, what will you do? I racked my brain for anything that I could to help my friend when he dropped Iris who coughed and gasped for air. Emile immediately rushed to her and helped her breath, her neon pink skirt flaring as she sat on the grass. For a second, our eyes met and it clashed in different emotions: disappointment, fear and lots and lots of anger.

Mine flared particularly in anger.

That...that arrogant pup!

He glared at me and turned to the cowering people who read Harley's expression. He glanced at one of the warrior wolf who grew rigid in his penetrating gaze. The warrior in description is a tall, muscular man about the age of Gustav in human years. He has a cropped blond hair and tanned skin which made him very attractive in a rugged way but intimidating, nevertheless. He jerked his head at the man who walked in the middle of the arena.

"Who's next?" He growled at no one in particular and everyone cowered at his gaze once again. Iris is looking at him, surprise and disbelief lacing her face in a mask that you would never see her wear as Emile's lower lip trembled. All of them stared down, not wanting to answer his question, except for me. My eyes never left his face as I contemplated what to do to him to stop him off this stupidity.

"I ASKED YOU ALL A QUESTION!" He bellowed that even the three warrior werewolves cringed at his tone. Suddenly, I see his gaze land at a small girl, about the age of sixteen who trembled and shook her head at him. This has go to stop before he would do something he'd regret, I thought as I put on again my big girl panties before stepping out. "I-I'll fight!" My voice, which I wanted to sound confident, stumbled out my mouth sounding like a squeaky toy. All heads snapped to my direction and I continued glaring him who slowly turned towards me.

"You'd lose immediately, " he hissed at me, his eyes now in a light brown shade. He really is pissed and I think I pissed him even more.

I sighed. "That's the point of this, right?"

"No, the point here is you should win. Not lose. You will not fight because you have less chance of standing in the arena alive."

Ouch. "I can stand there as much as anybody can in this ground right now," I snarled at him which made the warrior weres gasp and Iris whip her head to my direction.
Harley chuckled darkly at that. "Now who's acting all spoiled and rotten? Get back to the bench and watch."

So this is about that! Unprofessional bastard. "In fact, since you insinuated it, how about I fight you?"

The words shot out of my mouth before I could even clam it shut. The warrior weres gaped at me while the rest gasped and began whispering to their seat mates. "S-Stop, Holly!" Iris rasped as she tried to stand up but stumbled down the moment she took one step forward, clutching her chest. Emile's squealed again and dropped beside Iris who gave me a worried look. I dug my own grave, now I'm going to lie on it.

A flash of an uncertain emotion flashed through Harley's eyes and I realized that he be hesitant about the idea as well. Ah, what's done is done. Besides, if he should want to hurt somebody, it should be me; I was the one he's angry with so it should be me receiving his tantrums. Stupid Holly, she's going to die now, the evil subconscious told me.

I probably will.

"No. You go back to the bench--"

"Come on, Harley Bracken. Scared of a girl who's unable to stand in the arena for long?"

Anger passed through his face and he growled at me. Pissing an alpha werewolf is one thing that I should emphasize never to do to my children one day. That is, if I get to live long enough to see my children after he mauls me over.

"You better back away as told now, Holly," he growled at me and I growled back at him. Seeing that I wasn't near backing down, he stalked towards the arena and took off his shirt.

Oh man, the guy is ripped. Why does he need to take off his shirt?! Should I take off mine too?! The sonofabitch is actually trying to divert my attention!

I swallowed hard as I put myself in a fighting stance, the only stance I have learned so far. Harley's steps were agonizingly slow as he approached me that I was getting scared in each thud of his boots against the ground. Oh my god, what have I brought upon myself this time? Stupid Holly! Still, I refuse to back down. This is my choice and if I shall die today, then so be it. He stopped three meters away from my trembling frame and assessed me, his light brown eyes roaming my frame.

"If you have shít to pick on, it should be with me. Not being a coward and take it out on the people around you," I said in a low voice so that not to be heard by those who aren't concentrating enough. He narrowed his eyes at me, his chiseled jaw ticking at my words.

"You're going to feel sorry for this stupidity, Holly."

"I probably will but at least I addressed what's needed to be said. You are a spoiled, rotten alpha."

He gave a dark smirk before lunging at me, arms out stretched in a tackle. I scampered away, missing me by an inch which I think is no accident. The bastard has the audacity to play me! I immediately tried to kick him in the area where the sun doesn't shine when he stepped away almost effortlessly around me before putting his arms around my armpits and shoulders, securing me in a head lock. I squealed as he spun me around, my feet leaving the ground at the force. For a second, I thought he was going to throw me only for him to put me back down to the ground gently. Since he spun me many times, I felt dizzy and immediately fell on the ground the moment my shoes touched the dirt.

"That's for trying to kick me in the balls. Now, what is it you're saying about lasting long in the arena?" His angry façade has been washed away by amusement as his dark eyes twinkled upon watching my embarrassment. I burned red as I heard a few warrior wolves smirk at me. Oh, you're totally getting this.

Still seated and seeing that he looked laid back, I kicked him in the thigh, resulting for him to jump back. I smirked as I saw my footprint in his dark jeans, the sign that I have landed at least one shot to him. He grimaced at the footprint and at me before I could lunge at him, this time, in an attempt to punch him in the stomach. He swerved right, missing my shot where I countered an uppercut but missed again.

I tired kicking him again but he always managed to move out of the way until I could feel my muscles protesting from everything. My thighs were slowly weakening; so far, the kick to his thigh is the only thing I scored against him and damn it if that's the only thing I could score against the bastard. I lunged again at him, this time, catching him by the stomach and, before I knew it, we were falling down. Harley might have been taken in a surprise because he quickly rolled on top of me, making me miss my supposedly first punch at his face.

It frustrated me to no end.

I cursed him before trying to knee him in the groin but he pinned my knees with his and I immediately became immobile. His dark eyes swept to my sweaty face, his dark hair glistening against the sun like a stones of black marbles, reflecting sun rays. I felt his arms stiffen as he held me beneath him, probably contemplating whether he should snap my neck or run me over.

"Don't be a prude now," I wheezed through breaths as my body screamed for me to rest ", you want to hurt me, here I am, just don't be a bítch about it. If it will stop your tantrums then hit me, Harley. Hit me."

He sated at me, his dark eyes boring holes in my soul. "I would never hurt you, Holly. You of all people should know that. You're good for me," his soft voice shocked me as I stared at him funny ", and you suck at fighting by the way. I was getting bored."
I frowned at him. "Just so you know, I'm still not happy with you."

"I know. I'm sorry for that. I still want to be friends with you. It's just the alpha blood, you know. It drives an alpha nuts."

"You think we could still be friends after what you did to me?"

He scoffed and stood up, offering his hand to me. I didn't take it as I stood on my own, my thighs hurting like a bítch. "Of course. I'm a positive thinker," he said winking at me. The tension around the air cleared as we brushed dirt off only to realize that none of the spectators are around anymore. Harley and I stopped as we scanned the wooden bleachers only to see Iris glaring at both of us and Emile looking love stricken. She sighed and swooned at both of us that I think I already know what she's thinking.

Harley gaped as he smiled sheepishly at Iris who continued glaring at him. I blushed at the thought that we didn't even realize that we were the only ones left in the field until we were done making up. "You guys would have given us a bigger show if you stripped off your clothes and hump each other in the field. You guys were like characters in a fùcking chick flick for fùck's sake!"

"Ah, stop it, Iris. You're just jealous because it was so romantic!" Emile squealed as she sighed dreamily at us again. Okay, I got to burst their bubble now.

"Nah, we just...set aside our differences," I said shifting at my shoes and rolling my eyes at my two friends who just looked like I was joking.

"It's the longer way of saying that we made up," Harley said raising his eyebrows at them. I elbowed him in the ribs. "I get to decide that," I snapped at him which made him chuckle. Emile just pouted at me before grabbing her little bag and rummaged through it; she pulled out a green neon shirt before throwing it to me. I caught the shirt in my hands and muttered a small thanks.

"I sent the spectators away the moment you were all too busy minding your own business. I knew it would get emotional," Iris said shrugging as I moved to a nearby tree to change. I removed my shirt, a navy blue shirt that said 'I love Chicago', and slipped on the neon green shirt that Emile gave me. I heard Harley chuckle, a low melodious sound echoing through the dense forest.

Silence.

"Iris," the alpha werewolf started ", I'm sorry. I lost my cool and it wasn't supposed to happen. You know me, right? It just so--"

"Clam it big guy," I heard Iris say and I saw her roll her eyes when I emerged from the tree ", it's no big deal. Besides, it's good training for my body in case you decided to attack me again. At least I know when to poke you in the eyes when you started to go bítch mode in me. "

"Again, I'm sorry," Harley said, embarrassment etched in his face. He turned to me and raised his eyebrows ", wow, you look like a stop light in green," he said with a whistle where Iris scoffed at that and shouted something like 'I told you so!' to Emile who just pouted at her.

Soon, Harley let us saying that he's needed somewhere while Emile and Iris began gushing about our incredible foreplay duel in which I gasped and blushed at their description.

Little did I know that it was the last time I was going to see them like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, my roommates, in one measly tent with two bunk beds, named Iris and Emile decided to prep me up for the celebration event we all planned. While both of them fussed over the tiniest details they could have put in he heir faces, I sat in their bed and stared at my reflection for the fifteenth time. Getting ready for their planned escapade took me thirty minutes to include putting makeup and rummaging from Emile's box of clothes under her bed. My companions are stunning: Emile in her neon pink tube dress, which seemed like a towel, hugged her curves well, exposing all her asserts to see. Iris wore a black strapless dress that fell two inches from her knee.

And, well, I suck.

All of Emile's clothes were either too baggy or not to my taste that I almost gave up and decided to just wear jeans when I finally saw a lavender lace sleeveless dress that fell to my knees. It might not be as daring and intimidating as my companions' dresses but it sure suit my style and it's the only thing that actually fit me well. I rummaged for flats as well because trekking to the safe hiding spot is no fun when you have sprained ankle for wearing high heels. I pulled my hair in a high ponytail and decided that I was done after applying a red lipstick and mascara.

I rolled my eyes when Iris and Emile began bickering about the colors of their dress again. Seriously. These two needed to settle their tastes in colors; their usual banters consist of the topic. When they finally decided that they are done, we commenced the escaping plan which includes a lot of dragging and hiding.

The three of us giggled as we pushed into each other and weaved against the throng of tents around the area. Iris knows the patrolling routes of the guards so we managed to avoid them all. The night wind is chilly against my skin but the excitement is thrumming in my veins like a drug; finally, we managed to enter the lush forest, out of the patrolling guards and walk to the spot where a car is supposed to be parked. The moon light shone our paths as we walked-- in dresses and heels-- through the uneven ground which is the forest floor. Dead grass crunched under our feet but the three of us are too excited to even care. When we reached the spot, Emile immediately started the car while Iris and I removed any leaves camouflaging the vehicle.

The get away car is Harley's idea. He mentioned earlier that it is an emergency vehicle just incase of an attack for the higher officials of the place. Since no one is using it as of the moment, might as well borrow it.

When the car is clean as the day it was made, Iris jumped shot gun while I sat on the backseat, frantically praying that the ride is over. We spotted the pavement soon and the car zoomed out of sight making the three of us release a sigh of relief. Since it is considered safe, Iris turned on the radio to the sound of Jessie J and Nickie Minaj' s Bang Bang; the two of them bopped their heads while I sung a few lines I remember from Emile's iPod, my eyes never leaving the window.

Soon, the towering building enveloped us and the usual traffic busied the street of the town. High billboards dominated the skyline as flashing lights from certain establishment lured people around. Iris and Emile began talking animatedly about kissing and sex precaution while we drove further up town; the marvelous skyscrapers still swallowed the area and I immediately feel so small. The smell of the car exhaust and fried food assaulted my nostrils and I immediately felt... I don't know, inconspicuous, I guess. I see a lot of humans loitering around the area with different articles in the crooks of their arms: little children, shopping bags, regular bags, and so on. Sometimes, I envy their mundane living and their innocent minds; none of them are involved in a coming war and none of them would suffer like we will from it.

The car drove deeper into the heart of the city and I immediately felt excitement like nothing before.

This is my first time to really party.

First real flashing lights and dancing!

Emile drove out of the main road and into a street, a few more minutes, we arrived at a bar called Disturbia. It's a building painted black with flashing green and pink lights, compelling people to come to the area. My eyes immediately darted to the long line standing and I immediately frowned; we couldn't get through that line without taking hours! My hope faltered a bit but was later restored when we exited the car and strode straight to the door with Emile just flashing a megawatt smile and a quick glance at and ID god knows where she brought. The tall, muscular man just smiled at her after seeing the piece of plastic and nodded at us to enter and enter we did.

The cold air drifted off my skin as the heater of feed its warmth in me. Music loud enough to burst eardrums is playing through the speakers, orchestrated by the man, the DJ, behind the table in the stage. Emile's hand slipped into mine and her excited eyes glimmered at mine for a minute before she could pull me to the crowd of grinding bodies. Elbows and hands made its way to my face and ass as we fought against the crowd who looked either drunk end or drugged to be able to dance like that. The flashing red and green lights scoured the dark area, like vulture in their prey; the smell of sweat, sex and alcohol wafted around, making me wrinkle my nose in disgust. People after people crowded the area, unaware of the three paranormal creatures walking amongst them. My eyes darted to the dark corner do the bar where couples are making out, with some hands disappearing through their clothes.

Suddenly, I remembered lord Calvin's hands in me. The way he could make me scream in delight. My envy doubled over to the couples as I missed him tenfold. How is he? Is he looking for me? Does he still want me? But he's with Erica! I'm sure she's keeping him satisfied...

Okay, so thinking about that bítch makes me angry and scared at the same time. Anger for her trying to take Calvin's attention from me and scared that she might actually succeed.

Soon, we managed to pass the throng of people with sweat clinging in our faces and, at last, we found a good seat for four! The three of us plopped in a corner seat and began catching our breaths before looking around the crowd. The club sure is full tonight, maybe we could have fun!

"God, that was disgusting!" Emile's whined as she dropped her head on the table. "I think half of the male population groped me in the way here."

"That's because you came here looking like you were wrapped in pink tissue, " Iris muttered as she wiped sweat off her face. Emile just glared at her but said nothing and decided to just call a roaming waiter. She ordered vodka and tequila shots and I gaped at her. "We can't get drunk, you know," I said raising my eyebrows at her when the waiter left the table, shamelessly eyes my two companions.

"Duh, Holly, of course we can't," she said playfully as she pulled on her compact powder and dabbed it on her face a few times before snapping it close " , that is why I brought this!"

Iris and I leaned forward suns she drew out a vial from between her breast. The colorless liquid danced with the lights as I stared at it quizzically.

Finally realizing what it is, I gasped at her. "Is that..."

"Wolfsbane and...well, something else, " she said winking at me.

I was to ask her what she meant when the waiter came over again, this time, almost as if whew as in a hurry to go back to our tables. He gave Iris a small smile, probably checking my friend out, as he dropped the tequila to our table and, finally, taking his leave but not without winking at her. Iris grimaced in disgust as she eyed the glasses in front of us.

"That guy is creepy, are you sure he didn't put some kind of disgusting love potion on it using his spit," Iris said picking out up and checking it thoroughly. Emile laughed slightly and began pouring the contents of the vial on the glasses. At first, I was hesitant in taking one, mainly because it's supposed to be 'something else' but later shrugged it off.

Ah, Emile won't probably endanger me.

Big mistake.

One shot turned to two. Two multiplied to four until I barely kept count of my drinks. Tumbling the liquid inside my throat made me feel hot; it felt so hot that I knew regular wolfsbane doesn't have this effect at all. Under normal circumstances, I would have noticed the vast difference between the normal and this but my muddled brain is too drunk to even think right now. I slowly tugged my shirt down, touching my chest made me shiver on the intensified ingles it sent through my body, weakening me and exciting me at the same time. Emile and Iris were laughing about safe sex and the use of condoms that I definitely didn't understand but laughed with them; soon enough, the three of us were laughing at something I can't even remember.

This time, I realized that Iris, the new battalion commander, is a drinker. I hade four shots before and I almost wobbled over but she seemed calm until her eight shot. Emile is being Emile by being bubbly even when she's drunk to the bones, spouting nonsense about the werewolf society and the vampire race. I leaned on the soft padding of the couch band drunk more of the tequila shots that she ordered, my body overheating more.

God, it's so hot in here, I thought as I tugged on the collar of my dress lower, asking for air when Emile stopped speaking, her eyes roaming the area. I saw my friend stop at one in particular and saw her lick her lips, her fangs showing as she did. Her eyes turned a dark shade of red before fluctuating back to the normal color. "I'm going to have a quickie with this babe," she said to Iris and I who just nodded. She gleefully stood up and walked across the club to the leggy red haired woman wearing a scarlet dress that reached two inches up her knees. She began casual conversation and then it hit me.

Wait.

Wait a minute!

My jaw might have dropped off my face and rolled to Iris' feet as I stretched my neck to its limit by peeking at Emile, talking flirtatiously at a woman who giggled at her. I slowly turned to Iris who was looking amused at my new found discovery. "Wait," I slurred as I pointed a finger at Emile ",is... Is she..."

"Yes, she was talking about that woman," she said chuckling lightly as she raised her glass to Emile who just winked at her and turned back to her friend. I forced myself to sit down, still gaping at her.

"B-but she's... I mean... She's so...girly."

"Judgmental Holly," Iris said clicking her tongue at me playfully ", just because she's the perfect embodiment of a little cheerleader doesn't mean that she can't be gay. She's been like this ever since I met her, she hits on all the girls, I tell you."

"B-but..." I continued to stammer as I volleyed my gaze over her and to Emile.

She sighed and grabbed another glass before drowning on it. "I get it, you think that I'm better suited to be a lesbian than her because I'm a bit of a tomboy, is that it?" She said, slightly smirking at the question. I nodded honestly as I grabbed another drink and tipped it all to my mouth. Goddamn it, what is in this drink that makes me feel so hot? Iris scrunched her nose at me and shook her head vigorously. "Oh damn, Holly. I'm fùcking straight. I like dícks, thank you very much."

We talked more about Emile's preferences and past girlfriends that got Iris fuming. Apparently, most of her girlfriends aren't much of Iris' fan even though she's her best friend. I laughed so hard when I heard about how Iris got rid of her girlfriends every time by pretending to be Emile's 'hidden' girlfriend. They'd have a huge fight over it every single time. Before I knew it, I was walking to the dance floor with Iris and we are both dancing to the music. We both closed our eyes and giggled every time we step on each other's shoes and do something ridiculous. Emile is no where to be seen so I guess she had the quickie she was talking about.

Not long, the alcohol began fùcking with my system and I think it did the same with Iris too because she drifted away until I couldn't see her anymore. I didn't care, though, I was happy just by dancing and wiggling my body against the others, anything to relieve the heat coursing through my veins. Whenever is top dancing, the heat returns tenfold, forcing me to move more and more until I could feel sweat roll down my spine and my forehead.

In a middle of a sexy song, I felt hands in my waist. Male hands by the size of it. I didn't stop dancing and he didn't remove his hands off me; surprisingly so, the heat lessened as he placed it on my waist as if it's seeking a man' s touch. By this time, the heat is consuming my body whole, making me forget everything and making me push my body closer to the man who shamelessly roamed his hands around my stomach. I could feel his lips encircle my earlobe and gently bit on it, making me giggle and squirm under his touch.

"Do you want to take it somewhere private, baby?" His husky voice drawled on and I almost agreed.

Almost.

Without any warning, he was pulled off me so fast I think the air between us turned static; loud growling pierced my ears through the deafening music, making me spin around and open my eyes to the sight of Harley Bracken, with a college boy in his fingers. His eyes were a bright shade of yellow as he glared at the frightened guy, squirming against his grip. "Don't you dare touch her," he seethed, the alpha tone unconsciously making me hot and needy. "If I see you near her again, you would need a face transplant. Understood?"

His tone is authoritative, making anyone within the perimeter back away from him. The man just nodded, petrified of him, even; Harley gave him one final glare and released him, making him fall back to the ground and set him scampering away. The people, upon seeing the problem resolved just shrugged and continued dancing, leaving me staring at Harley's beautiful dark orbs.

He glared at me first before a look of worry crossed his features. He took a step towards me and spoke. "I need to talk to you, Holly. It's kind of important so I suggest--"

"Damn Harley, you look hot," I slurred as I took in his appearance: he wore a dark navy v-shirt and washed jeans that made him look roguish; the bad boy effect was added when he decided to top the ensemble with a leather jacket. Totally hot.

He paused for a while, gauging me carefully before taking a cautious step forward. "What have you been drinking, Holly?"

His tone was curious with a tinge of fear that I can't understand why. I looked at him confused before taking a step towards him, swaying at the process. "Something Emile brought. I think she said it's wolfsbane and ' something else'."

He sniffed to me for a bit before frowning deeply. "That something is Wolf's poison. It's a smart mix of wolfsbane, curare and ecstasy. It's supposed to be a drug that would make anyone horny."

Horny? Ecstasy?! That Emile! I'm going to throttle her!

I just shrugged at the information and crossed my arms. "So, what did you came here for?" I asked, trying to sound professional but his pink lips kept on distracting me I couldn't even think straight!

He opened those lips open for an answer but shut them close, all the while making me imagine what it would feel like to have those lips around mine in a heated kiss that would... "You're not going to listen to me, will you?"

I just stared at his lips and said ", no."

He frowned again. "Holly, I can't tell you what I'm going to say if you stare at me like you want to take me to the nearest bathroom and fùck me senseless."

Bathroom sex. Totally hot. "No I'm not." Yes, I totally am.

He pulled his lips in a straight line and I couldn't help but feel more needy. "Holly..."

"Harley."

He took a step towards me and I did the same. "Don't do this to me, please. I can't stop myself I you continue."

"Continue what?" My throat felt parched as I stared at his lips, wanting to taste them.

"You know," he said feeling uncomfortable under my gaze ", that you wanted to kiss me like--"

"Shut up, Harley," I said as I grabbed him by the chest and pushed him off the crowd of bodies before pinning him in the nearby wall and pulling him down for a hot kiss. My fingers automatically wrapped around his neck and treated his hair before pulling his mouth down into mine.

Exotic. That's what he tasted like. He tasted like the forest after a good drizzle, the leaves underneath the paws of a lycan, and the fresh night wind that welcomed everyone. He tasted Harley. His lips were that of an alpha male that asked for dominance, something only he can accomplish and everyone can give. Our tongues sparred for dominance as he slipped it in my mouth; his hands immediately grabbed my waist and I could feel that it would bruise in the morning but I didn't care. Finally deciding that we both needed air, we separated, breathless and needy.

And then, I said the biggest blow to his ego yet:

"You don't taste like Calvin at all."

An awkward silence engulfed both of us almost immediately. Finally assessing my words, I couldn't help but to face palm myself. Stupid Holly! I peeked at him and saw him staring at me incredulously before doing something I didn't expect.

He laughed.

A real full hearted laugh that he needed to throw his head back and clutch his stomach to stop himself from bursting. I just stared at him and so did the others within the vicinity who dashed away, spooked by my companion's action. Finally calming down, he smirked at me and shook his head.

"Aren't...you mad?" My shaky voice sounded like a squeaky toy as I asked those three words. He chuckled again before rolling his eyes playfully at me. "Of course I am. Furious, even. Amusement just won over it," he replied while winking at me. I cracked a smile and felt blood rush to my face in embarrassment. What more can I do wrong tonight? Ugh.

Before I could ask him if he would like to have a drink of water or coffee, I felt him stiffen and his eyes immediately snapped to the crowd, scanning the area. I looked at him, confused of what he's doing; he muttered a small curse as he took my wrist and pulled me into the crowd once again, his fingers digging at my skin. His eyes sliced through the crowd as I could see him look for something I don't know.

"Harley," I started, now the alcohol evaporating against the panic at his tense stance. "Harley, what's wrong?"

Sweat and elbow engulfed me again as heat consumed my body whole once more, only this time, I didn't pay attention to it. My gaze scanned he crowd as well, looking for anything that might have disappointed Harley or sent him into alpha mode. "Holly, there is a reason why I came here to pick you up,"he said through the loud music ", and that's because someone is hunting for you."

Hunting? For me?

I was to ask him what he meant by that when I felt presence-- lurking presence-- around the area. My eyes snapped to the entrance and I saw three vampires, looking intimidating while also looking at the crowd. Their gaze met mine and they said something to each other before moving towards us.

Something tells me they're not here to party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I

Just

Love

Cliff

Hangers!

So, for the important author's notes, let me just tell you the story of my week. I have hospital duty at 11pm to 7am Monday through Wednesday and head nursing at Thursday. Imagine my exhaustion when I get back to my daughter who seems to be always in a sugar rush even if I feed her unsweetened things! And so, I have to ask of you guys to consider me useless this past week and I couldn't write. I want to skip next week updating schedule because I have to finish chapter 6 which I haven't finished typing yet and probably finish chapter 7 too so I could update next, next week. So sorry for the inconvenience. My hospital duty is making me feel crap.

I hope you guys understand? Yeah? Okay so expecting an update next, next week is a bit cruel after a cliffy but...(shrugs and hides)

Vote! Comment! And follow!

-Ariel:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 135K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
259K 10.7K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...
22.2M 586K 30
*BOOK TWO* (Can he read as standalone) **THIS BOOK IS FULLY PUBLISHED NOW ON AMAZON. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS FROM THE END OF THIS BOOK HAVE BEEN REMOVED!! *...
1.5M 13.9K 32
Until the door flies open and I cover myself as he stays there in shock. "Wow did I get u that work out " he says as he locks the door and comes towa...