Trying To Be Good

By LoveTheNerd

Zoe is the older sister of Dizzy and one of the original VK's. Zoe gets to go to Auradon with Mal, Jay, Evie... More

~TRYING TO BE GOOD~
Rotten To The Core
Our Time Has Come
Auradon Prep
The Magic Wand
Fitting In
Boys
Love Spell
Did I Mention
If Only
Villain Family Day
Auradon Family Day
Anti-Love Spell
Battle For The Wand
Set It Off
PART II
Ways To Be Wicked
Auradon Girls
Countdown To Cotillion
Take It Or Leave It
What's My Name
The Date
Back On The Isle
Chillin Like A Villain
Don't Quit Us
Rotten To The Core
Space Between
Hooked At Noon
It's Going Down
Girl Talk
No Time To Explain
The Barrier Comes Down
You And Me
Part III
Good To Be Bad
Welcoming The New Arrivals
He's Trying To Escape
How Do We Keep Evil Out Of Auradon?
Do What You Gotta Do
Sleeping Is Too Good For Auradon
Night Falls
One Kiss
We're Trapped
My Once Upon A Time
We're Stronger Together
Can You Wake Her?
You Didn't Think That Was The End Of The Story, Did You?
Happily Ever After
#Zen
My Stories
Author's Note

Break This Down

2K 29 0
By LoveTheNerd

CHAPTER 44

"There they are," Evie says as Ben and Zoe walk out while waving and bowing to people. Ben then leads Zoe up to the balcony.

"Lady Zoe and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen," Ben says as he looks at Zoe lovingly. "So... raise your glasses. To our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon!" Everyone cheers.

"Speech, Your Special-ness," Carlos calls as he raises his glass.

"Speech, Your Fancy One," Jay calls also raising his glass, causing everyone to laugh. Zoe looks at her sister, knowing that if she closed the Barrier then they would never be able to see their mother or grandmother again. She then looks at the Smee twins beside her and thinks about how they would never see their dad again. She thinks of how Celia and Felicity left because they couldn't be without their dad. Zoe then looks at Evie and Mal, while thinking about their dream to give everyone a second chance. Lastly she thinks about Uma and her father and how they helped save Auradon.

"I can't. I can't be Queen of Auradon," Zoe says causing everyone to gasp in shock.

"Zoe?" Ben asks her worriedly.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle," Zoe tells him before turning back to everyone else. "We made a decision to close the barrier forever." Dizzy and the Smee twins look at each other sadly. "And it was my idea. But it's wrong. I've learned that you can't live in fear because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades, my father..." The crowd gasps. "Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from." Zoe turns to Ben, who is looking at her lovingly, because this is the girl he fell in love with. "And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too. And it's time that we take the barrier down forever."

"We can't do that," Beast argues.

"It's up to us, Dad," Ben tells him. Ben wraps an arm around Zoe before looking out at everyone. "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!"

"Yes!" Carlos cheers causing everyone to laugh. Zoe looks over at Ben in happiness.

"Bring it down, Zoe," Ben tells her with a smile. Everyone starts clapping and cheering before Zoe motions for Evie, Mal, Jay, and Carlos to join her. Fairy Godmother hands the magic wand to Zoe.

"To make the world a better place..." Zoe starts.

"We have to do it face to face," The VK's say together. Zoe sends a spark with the magic wand making the barrier and the constant clouds disappear. A bridge appears connecting Auradon and the Isle.

"My plan. Yes!" Uma cheers as she and Harry walk out to see the bridge. Zoe gives the wand back to Fairy Godmother before going to stand at the edge of the balcony alone.

"It's time to bring it together

Time for a brand new start," Zoe sings as she looks out at the Isle.

"We're gonna put it in motion

Break down What keeps us apart," Uma sings as she looks out at Auradon from her balcony.

"No more no division we down

New team got the vision" Zoe sings as she snaps her fingers.

"Unite till we stand

Now we living marching

In the light, one, two

One, two like," Uma sings as she moves to the beat.

"I see you" Zoe sings.

"You see me," Uma sings.

"Imperfect" Zoe sings.

"Perfectly" Uma sings.

"Face to face we can see

Clearly our similarities like," Uma and Zoe sing together.

"Day and night," Uma sings as she is joined on the balcony by Felicity, Celia, Harry, and Gil.

"Wrong or right," Zoe sings as she is joined by Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos.

"We come together

For a good time

We're gonna break this down

We're gonna rock the town

Everyone all around

Let's be whoever like this

Stronger together like this," Everyone sings.

"Believing in second chances," Uma sings as she, Felicity, and Celia walk down the stairs.

"And we'll all starting today," Felicity and Celia sing.

"Marching on in a new land," Harry sings as he joins Uma, Felicity, Celia, and Gil in front of everyone.

"Our world's a better

A better place," Uma, Felicity, Celia, Harry, and Gil sing as they head for the bridge.

"Welcome the additional love" Evie and Mal sing.

"Unity new beginning for us," Carlos sings as he, Evie, Zoe, Mal, and Jay head for the bridge.

"Harmony that's the mission Marching," Jay sings.

"In the light, one, two,

One, two like

I see you, you see me

Imperfect, perfectly

Face to face we can see

Clearly our similarities like

Day and night

Wrong or right

We come together

For a good time," Everyone sings before they meet in the middle of the bridge. Everyone starts doing a dance.

"We're gonna break this down

We're gonna rock the town

Everyone all around

Just be whoever like this

Stronger together like this

We reunited like this," Everyone on the bridge sings as they dance and mingle together before they start heading for Auradon.

"Bringing it, bringing it

Bri-bri-bringing it down

Bringing it, bringing it

Bri-bri-bringing it down," The kids left in Auradon lead by Ben sing and dance.

"Bringing it, bringing it

Bri-bri-bringing it down

Bringing it, bringing it

Bri-bri-bringing it down," Everyone sings as they dance, before the Auradon kids go back with the others. The Isle kids look around shocked before Ben leads Auradon in bowing to them. Uma laughs before running over to Zoe and hugging her. Everyone then pairs off as they start dancing.

"We're gonna break this down

Break this down

We're gonna rock the town

Everyone all around

Just be whoever like this

Stronger together like this

We reunited like this

We're gonna break this down

Come on we're gonna break it down

We're gonna rock the town

Everybody on the Isle

Gonna rock

Everyone all around

Just be whoever like this

Stronger together like this

We reunited like this

Bringing it, bringing it

Bri-bri-bringing it down," Everyone sings as they dance before they all end looking out at the Isle. Celia and Dizzy come to stand on either side of Zoe before she hugs them both. The sons of the Huns come over with a paper dragon that looks like Zoe before circling around her causing her to laugh. Zoe then starts jumping around with the Isle kids. Celia and Felicity run over to Dr. Facilier, Dizzy runs over to Lady Tremaine, and the Smee twins run over to Mr. Smee.

"Carlos?" Jane says.

"Yeah?" Carlos asks.

"I'm actually really nervous to meet your mom," Jane tells him.

"You're nervous? His mom is Cruella De Vil! I'm petrified," Dude says as he walks over to them.

"Wait 'til she hears I want to be a vet," Carlos says as he looks at the Isle worriedly.

"What do you say you, Mal, and me go exploring? We'll do a gap year. Jungles or icebergs?" Jay asks Gil as Mal jumps up and down in excitement.

"Both?" Gil asks.

"Yeah!" Mal cheers.

"Chest bump!" Jay says before he and Gil chest bump. Jay then turns to Mal picking her up and spinning around before kissing her.

"Hey. Get it, girl," Uma says as she and Evie dance together. "You know what? Zoe came through."

"She always does," Evie says as they look at Zoe, who is still jumping around with the Isle kids.

"So, she's definitely taken?" Harry asks as he points at Zoe.

"Definitely," Evie answers him.

"So is Evie," Doug says as he stands next to her.

"What's my name?" Uma asks as she nudges Harry.

"Uma," Harry says before he goes to kiss her but she just shoved him away. Audrey then bumps into Harry. "Oh!"

"Hi," Audrey says as she bows to Harry.

"Hi," Harry says as he bows back before spinning her around. Audrey then drags him into the crowd with her.

Zoe rushes over and hugs Ben.

"Have I told you that I love you?" Zoe asks Ben. "Because I really do." Ben laughs as he smiles at Zoe lovingly.

"Am I invited to the wedding?" Hades asks causing them to turn to him shocked.

"Hi, Dad. Um..." Ben stumbles for words as Zoe walks over to Hades, hugging him. Zoe stands beside her dad as she smirks at Ben.

"I'm sure you two will be very happy together," Hades tells them before Zoe hugs Ben. Behind Zoe's back, Hades gives Ben the 'I'm watching you signal'. Zoe grabs Hades' hand and starts to lead him into Auradon.

"Welcome to Auradon," Ben says as he pats Hades on the back, earning a glare from Hades. Ben then fixes his suit nervously before following after Zoe and Hades, who are stopped by Mal.

"We're gonna break this down

Break this down

We're gonna rock the town

Oh, we're gonna rock

Everyone all around

Just be whoever like this

Stronger together like this

We reunited like this

We're gonna break this down

Come on, we're gonna break

We're gonna rock the town

Everybody on the Isle gonna rock

Everyone all around

Just be whoever like this

Stronger together like this

We reunited like this

Bringing it, bringing it

Bri-bri-bringing it down," Everyone starts singing again as Zoe, Carlos, Evie, Mal, and Jay meet back up hugging before leading the way into Auradon. They are followed by Chad, Audrey, Ben, Jane, and Doug, who are followed by Dizzy, Gil, Uma, Harry, Celia, and Felicity. Everyone else then follows into Auradon.

Jay, Mal, Zoe, Evie, and Carlos walk back out and look at the Isle.

"Do you ever miss them?" Evie asks as they all think about their parents.

"Yeah," Jay answers as Mal smiles.

"Do you think that they miss us?" Mal asks.

"Yeah. Of course," Carlos answers.

"Cause we're rotten..." Zoe starts as she puts her fist out.

"To the core," They finish as they add their fists.

"Hey, last one over the bridge..." Carlos starts.

"Is a rotten apple!" The others finish before they take off running across the bridge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.3K 12
You're parents are Maleficent and Hades, but when the villains were banished to the isle of the lost they forgot about you, for you had crawled you'r...
355K 5.3K 52
Madi has always been in Mal's shadow when it comes to Maleficent. When the VK's get to go to Auradon, will Madi finally come first? All rights to Di...
162K 2.4K 14
The Daughter of Hades, ruthless, dangerous and mean, just like you would assume. She's terrifying with her ever-burning hair and glare that could cra...
38.8K 480 28
Change was good. Change had started to happen. VK day was celebrated, the happy prospect of new Villain kids coming over to Auradon to have their ch...