A World of Differences [1DFF]

By _soontobebritish

Originally posted on onedirectionfanfiction.com in 2011. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte McDermott is moving to L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue

Chapter 7

59 1 0
By _soontobebritish

Liam's POV

I waved goodbye to Charlotte as she stepped into the elevator. After she was out of sight, I closed the door and flopped down on the couch. I let out a groan as I pulled my phone from my pocket.

I clicked on a new message and typed in the four boys' names.

I am so dead :/

I hoped the message didn't give them the wrong impression, and it didn't. They all texted me back within seconds.

Zayn had assumed that she was completely okay with the whole thing –which in a way she was.

Harry sent back, "*insert kissy face here*." Typical Harry.

Louis' response was a giant smartalic comment about how she was most likely too good for me and I needed to become one of those religious guys who vow a life of silence and is always praying.

Niall's response was dead on. "Let me guess. You fell for her hard didn't you?"

I only replied to Niall's.

Yep. This is gonna be a problem. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HER THAT WELL! Anyway, she's coming to movie night tomorrow.

I was surprised by Niall's quick response yet again. I hope Amalia didn't feel deprived. His answer told me to breathe and that it would be okay.

I slid my phone on the coffee table and picked up the TV remote. As I flipped through the tv channels, I hummed "Torn" to myself. It was only twenty-seven hours until I would see Charlotte again, and my heart, and mind couldn't wait that long.

Charlotte's POV

I took a cab to the university campus trying to keep my mind from overthinking. It proved hard to do. In just over twenty-four hours I would be hanging out with the five boys (plus Amalia) and I was kind of flipping out.

I distracted myself by reading over my check-in papers which had conveniently been stored in my laptop case. Once I was on campus, it took me fifteen minutes to find where I was supposed to be. I stood in line for what seemed like forever just to turn my paperwork in.

The people that stood around me were entertaining to watch and listen too. Lots of people knew each other – but even more, people were in the same boat as me. The accents varied too. Most were British. I caught some Americans. I even recognized a few Irish accents here and there thanks to Niall. Hearing the Irish accents though made me think of Niall which made me think of Liam which just took my brain back into overload.

Once I finally had all my papers turned in, I went to sign up for my classes. I signed up for all the basic classes. I filled the rest of my schedule with classes that stood out to me. I didn't have a set in a stone major yet, so that wasn't something that I was worried about.

After picking my classes, I had to wait in yet another line to get my dorm assignment. After over an hour of waiting in that line, I was finally handed a piece of paper with my dorm and room number. There was an envelope with a key and a three-page packet about what happens if you lose your key or lock yourself out. They also gave me a map so I could find the dorm. I was rather thankful for this. Last, I was given a piece of paper with my roommate's name and number on it. Her name was Marisa Walker. I was rather excited to meet her, but nervous, praying we'd get along.

I made my way through the confusing campus finally finding the dorm I would be living in for the next ten months. I pulled out my key and let myself into the building which was basically silent. A few voices echoed quietly through the hall, but other than that I was alone. I thudded up the stairs and made my way towards my room. I found it with ease and unlocked the door.

The room was bare. It felt cold even on this beautiful day. The tan walls had nothing on them and the two beds on either side of the room looked anything but appealing. There were two desks that took up one wall. There was a dresser and two closets. It was larger than I had expected but it needed some fixing up. I hoped Marisa was in a redecorating mood because our room was in desperate need of a makeover.

Catching a cab back to the hotel, I ordered room service because I was too exhausted to go out. It was 8 PM local time. This meant that it was 2 AM in Omaha. I sent my mom a quick text, knowing she'd get it in the morning. Then I texted Meghan and Sophia and told them I had to Skype with them ASAP. I didn't tell them what it was about though.

I got a text right back from my two best friends saying that they were a sleepover at Sophia's house and they wanted to Skype now.

This was perfectly okay with me. After a day filled with mostly strangers, I was desperate to talk to someone I knew.

I logged onto Skype and hit the video call button after selecting Meghan's name. It rang four times before my two best friends face appeared in front of me, smiles sprawled across their faces.

"HEEEY!" Meghan and Sophia screeched at the same time. "How's London?!?!" They sounded rehearsed.

"It's so so so amazing!" I giggled.

"Hot boys? Accents? Yes?" Meghan's eyes lit up.

I began twisting my hair between my fingers. "Funny story there..."

"YES?!" They pushed their faces closer toward the camera excitedly.

I took a deep breath before telling them the entire story. Their facial expressions were amusing to watch.

"Wait, wait, and wait." Meghan shook her hands in front of the camera. "They are famous? Like famous, famous?"

"I heard their song on the radio this morning. It was BBC Radio 1's moments most requested song."

Sophia chuckled a dark laugh. "I would have killed him."

"Same here." Meghan's voice was filled with disgust. "Did you chew him out?"

"NO!" I exclaimed. "I met with him this afternoon and he explained everything and..." I continued to reply the conversation I had had with Liam back to my friends.

"What's their bands' name?" Sophia was typing away on her computer.

"DON'T GOOGLE THEM!" I exclaimed. "Let me send you a good picture. The pictures that come up are from a year ago –they've changed drastically."

I pulled up the file I had saved from tumblr and sent it to Sophia's email. The picture was of the five boys was from a fan meet and greet. They all looked completely adorable.

"HOLY FUUUU...fudge!" Sophia's eyes popped out at the screen.

Meghan, who had been preoccupied, turned to face the screen. "I am moving to London. Now."

I chuckled at their reactions, "I know right?"

"So who is who?" Sophia asked bluntly.

"Left to right is Zayn, Harry, Louis, Liam, and Niall."

"WAIT! Repeat that please."

I repeated the order of the boys and they follow along.

"I want Niall," Meghan stated in an even voice. "His eyes are like the color of... well I don't even know because nothing is such a beautiful color."

"Sorry buddy –He has a girlfriend. I, well, I walked in on them making out early today."
"That's rather awkward.... So now when are you meeting with Liam again?"

I told them about the movie night that would be happening tomorrow and how excitedly nervous I was.

"Awe that should be fun..." Sophia stated flatly as her fingers typed away.

"Woah woah go back," Meghan pointed her finger at the screen. "Click on that one."

I heard the click of the mouse and then their mouths dropped open.

"Char, they were on x-factor! They got third on x-factor! Like oh my gosh they really are really famous." Meghan was in shock.

I shook my head, "I don't want you to tell me that. I want Liam to tell me that. Thanks guys..."

"You mean you haven't googled them?" Sophia shook her head at me. "That's the first thing I would have done."
"I did to see their fan base. That's it."

"I guess that's fair. But that doesn't stop us from stalking."
"Whatever," I laughed. "I miss you guys."

"Well we don't miss you." They stuck their tongue out at me. "You ditch us for London and we hate you. It's how it works."

"Well then I guess ill return the hot guys I got to bring home from you. They are hiding in the bathroom but I guess I can let them go...."
"NO!" they shouted in unison before tumbling on the floor in laughter.

My heart dropped as I watched them. I desperately missed them.

"Well guys I have to go. I'm still completely jet lag. I want to take a shower and go to bed!"

After saying goodbyes, I plugged my laptop into the outlet and went to take a hot shower to clear away the stress the day had caused.

I put my pajamas on and climbed into my bed. I flipped through TV channels until I found an old Disney movie to watch. About a half hour later I was about to fall asleep when I phone rang. It was a text from Liam.

Hey Charlotte, thanks again for giving me a chance to explain myself. I can't wait for tomorrow. Is six o'clock good with you?

My face lit up as I read the text. I sent a quick text back telling him it was perfect. Hey responded with a smiley face and said goodnight. I said goodnight back, and when I finally fell asleep I was flying high on cloud nine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 620 73
Paislee Martin Is an eighteen year old girl, who just finished high school. Every year, for one month during summertime, she goes to California to se...
43.4K 1.1K 26
❝Every once and a while, you've gotta grow up and take chances, London.❞
Canvas By Alli

Fanfiction

3.3K 150 41
Zayn Malik is a 21 year old art student at SCAD university in Savannah Georgia. When at an art festival, which he went to in order to escape a messy...
9.2K 179 72
Innocent 18 year old Charlie Valentine goes on a trip to New York to reconnect with family. The trip that triggers her journey with 19 year old assho...