Soccer and Swift ✔

By dragonhunterthirteen

{not your average cliche} {COMPLETED} Dan Swift Infamously known by many names. 'The swift ' is popularly us... More

Authors just like wasting time
Anathema
Beginnings
Clichés
Disguises
Figures
Goals
Hideouts
Ironically
Je ńe sais quoi
Kickoff
Lethal
Machismo
Nauseating
Oxymorons
Penalties
Quicksilver
Roses
Soccer and . . .
Swift p2
Teams
Unity
Versus
Winners
X-factors
Yikes!
Zirconium
Author's note
Epilogue
Also by the author

Enigma

1K 32 12
By dragonhunterthirteen

How's the story so far? Too much football? Yeah well I guess that's the idea hey. I actually wrote this on 7 December but only published it on the 31st. So happy new year !!! MMXX.

Chapter 5: Enigma

I am on top of the world !!!

Daniella Swift (that's me) am playing football as a boy for the Holdenbridge huskies. The is amayzing. Anyway today after school my friends and I went for pizza before crashing at my house where we currently are. I'm happy none of the twins play football otherwise they would of guessed Dan Swift is me. Ty and Becky are wrestling for the remote and when Tony teased them he got shoved of the couch.

"Still was funny," he says rubbing his back a mischievous grin plastered on his face.

"It's shocking that they have so much in common but still fight the most," Audrey tells me.

"True, why again are they fighting for the remote control ?" I ask grabbing the popcorn from Tony as he tries to prevent his brother from taking his place.

"Don't know, but I would of been in that war if game of thrones hadn't ended," Audrey states with a one shoulder shrug.

Right, they're fighting to see what to watch.

"You like GoT ?" I ask excited, "That's so cool I miss that series!"

Game of thrones was one of my favourite series. Before it ended. I remember at one point telling Peter that the first daughter I have when I'm married must be named Daenrys like Daenrys Targaryen from the story. It's so sad that they killed her. I really miss that series, can't wait for the next one about the song of fire and blood to be released.

"Becky please give the remote, Tottenham is playing Liverpool at Anfield stadium, I need to watch this game," Ty begged even going on his knees. My eyes went wide and I spat out my coke.

"That's today," I yell. "Becky remote, now"

The girl sighed and gave me the remote control before walking upstairs,"I'm using your computer to watch Riverdale"

I earned a high five from Ty and Audrey groaned clearly not wanting to watch a football game. Only the two boys and I actually watch football the girls can't be bothered. After a few minutes Becky runs down the stairs and we all turn to her to see what happened.

"Aud, Tony I found the episodes that Archie's father dies in," She squeals. Wait what's so joyful about that? Honestly that's just sad.

"What!" Audrey cries jumping off the couch. Becky waits for Tony to come. He thinks about it for a minute.

"I can't believe Danny rather watch football, I mean do you play it ?" Tony asks me with a look.

I take a second to reply not knowing whether to tell the truth or not. What if they think I'm weird for playing football? or that I'm on the team. They didn't really seem to like the other football players. Maybe they'll think I'm trying to get popular or some crap. I don't know. 

"Nah, I just watch football is more of a boy sport right?" I lie with a fake smile. The words poison to me.

Becky gives me a weird look and pulls me by my elbow into the kitchen saying we're going to get snacks. "Why didn't you tell them the truth?"

"Oh that's what this is about," I reply as she crosses her arms, "Becky listen, I will tell them eventually let me just see how this whole Dan Swift thing works out first after the first inter school game I'll tell them the real story okay?"

"Fine but don't worry so much about fitting in, I know you're new and this school is different but try to be yourself," The brunette says patting my shoulder with a soft smile before walking back into the lounge.

I nod gratefully, so glad she knows my secret.When the gang leaves I throw myself on my bed and get my laptop to watch stranger things. I need a break like 24/7.

- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Here's the new players," Coach announces. The team looks at me confused. I hear one boy whispering to another.

"I wonder why Coach Ceaser still says players when it's just one new kid"

The boy earns a glare from coach and his friend laughs. They look at me and most shrug others shake my hand. I've learnt so far that there a few cliques, one is the badboys all dressed in black, there's Archer Harrison and his gang. And then just random other guys that don't belong to any specific group.

"Captain, I want you to introduce Dan here and make sure he knows how we do things at Holdenbridge," Coach commands nodding towards Xavier.

The boy turns to me and raises an eyebrow, "I'm Xray as you should already know"

I look at him surprised by the Arrogance, "Pleasure to meet you," I reply politely. Why does he have to be blessed with such good looks and perfect teeth? Life is so unfair.

"Of course it's a pleasure to meet me, who wouldn't want to," Xavier scoffs shaking my hand. His grip firm.

So. Bloody. Egotistical.

"What did you say?" He snaps.

Oops I said that out loud.

"I said you're a egotistical narcissist," I reply challenging him. I'm not going to back down and let this dude bully me.

"Well listen here punk," He warns picking me off the ground by my collar, "I'm captain so don't mess with me"

And with that I'm dropped to the ground. Why I open my big mouth, I don't know. Coach walking over to us angrily, "Dan you are not to speak to the captain like that and Xray have some respect"

I nod and hear the boy walking away muttering a string of colourful words. I sit up and see a shadow hanging over me, turning to notice Archer holding out a hand to help me up, I politely decline and get up.

"Hey you're alright bro?" he asks  stuffing his hands in his pockets. 

"Yeah I'll be fine, just a bruised elbow," I shrug walking next to him as we go on the field. Coach separated us into attack vs defence. I'm on the former team. We warm up, and do some drills before playing a match. After practice I go to the parking lot and see Becky waiting for me.

"Hey how did it go ?" She asks.

"Tiring, but worth it," I answer getting into the car.

The brunette had a meeting with the school news club. That's why she waited for me to finish training four hours later. I actully was shocked this morning when she wore a blue formal shirt and white jeans. Yes formal. Becky never wears formal. Yesterday she was dressed in a yellow off- shoulder t-shirt and neon pink three quarter sweatpants.

Audrey drove us to school today but she couldn't make it to pick us up, she's the only one with a car (a white polo GTI with pink strioes) and her parents actually allow her to drive even if she's underage. Which reminds me of our conversation this morning.

"Girl, honestly whats up with you and being a boy ?" Audrey asked me playfully as we walked towards the school.

"What? I really behave like a boy ?" I replied a bit shocked.

"Well you tend to like boyish stuff like Football," She stated with a shrug. The others nodded in agreement. Ouch.

"And your use of language, dude," Ty added.

"Not to mention the way you eat," Tony said.

"Hey!" I punched his shoulder.

"And the way you act," Bec concludes motioning with her hand.

I couldn't believe what they said. I never thought about it like that. I'm not that boyish. So yeah I play football and love video games, wrestle with my brother have more guy - friends then girls and kind of violent.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hey people !!!

Just want to say that before you judge what Danny does remember it's a story and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know she has a flawed character but nobody's perfect. This chap was quite short sorry bout that XD

Remember to share your thoughts,  I'd love to hear.

Vote if it's worth it!

Comment if you love football!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 11.5K 44
"Daniel please-" He growled cutting me off mid sentence; making it obvious that he's pissed beyond belief. I never knew that telling him my past woul...
12.8K 677 29
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/615226 iTunes: http://my.w.tt/UiNb/jBhSUM5O6q ________________________________________ There's a fi...
84.6K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
335K 6.9K 37
Eleanor James; A shy, quiet, introverted, and sweet 18 years old girl with the weight of the world on her shoulders and secrets wrapped around her li...