Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

xxiii

3.4K 154 80
By nojambrostan

Jeongyeon's POV

Our reporting was a success. Luck was on our side that we didn't stutter or even got nervous while talking in front. Plus we were able to retrieve our file as we got Nayeon's laptop.

I went home after our class as I already felt exhausted with all that pressuring ourselves and thinking how to fucking get over with the reporting and stuff. Jihyo and I separated our ways as we reached outside of our building.

It was a mid-afternoon that I was able to rush back home in my free time. Luckily, there was a notice we won't be having my last class for the day. So meaning I get to go home earlier.

"What should I do today?" I asked myself while walking back to the dormitory. "Maybe I could ask Nayeon out?" I mentally smiled with the thought. I nodded in agreement and flashed a wide grin on my face despite walking alone with people walking around on the campus. Stop smiling, you look like an idiot. My other self protested.

When I reached the dormitory building, I rushed myself upstair feeling excited that Nayeon might be waiting for me. However, luck was no longer on my side when I bumped on Mina in the hallway.

There was anguish and grief in her eyes that I can almost drown in guilt the second I look at them. I can't feel my body the moment Momo came after her.

Momo's expression was plain and dull as she saw me. Because of that traumatic experience, I got from her, I can feel my chest getting heavier as well as my breathing. It got worse when I saw her hand that made my body uneasy.

They stopped and stared at me for like a few seconds and walked pass by me as if I was no one. Well, I am now though.

As the two Japanese was no longer in my sight, another Japanese woman came after them.

"Hey, Jeongyeon." Sana greeted. Her voice saved me from getting numb and scared from those two. I went back to reality that Sana literally waved her hand in front of me. "You okay?" She asked. "You look pale."

I coughed off the tension in my body and blinked a lot of times to get myself back to normal. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I was spacing out." I told her.

"Are you sure?" Sana placed her hand on my forehand. "You're not sick, are you?" She asked as she felt worried about my face.

"I'm okay, Sana. I have to go." I excused myself awkwardly and walked pass her to get into my room. My pace was bigger in order to get into my room faster so I can breathe.

I immediately opened the door widely and closed it shut. I dropped myself on the floor while trying to catch my breath. It felt like I had a panic attack as I can't go along with my breathing. It felt like I was choked to death that I desperately needed air.

My chest starting to get heavier and I started to get panic when I can no longer control my breath.

"Fuck!" I hissed as I held my chest. With all those catching of breaths, I suddenly felt tired that I got all sweaty. Since I was panicking, I can no longer think straight and do something about it.

Someone suddenly opened the front door, but because I was blocking the way, the door can't be fully open.

"Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon?" It was Nayeon's voice through the small opening. "What are you doing? You're blocking."

I moved a little to give her space and probably can help me right away. As she successfully went in, she was startled as she saw me having a panic attack.

"Jeongyeon! Are you okay? Are you having an attack?" She asked trying to calm herself while confronting me. I nodded forcefully in return.

She stood up and went over her stuff to find something. She found an inhaler from her medicine kit and went over our small pantry to get some paper bags.

"Breathe in this bag," she placed the opening of the bag on my mouth and I started to breathe in.

"Breathe slowly and don't be in a rush to regulate your breath. Relax." She said while rubbing my back.

I breathed through the bag trying to get the pace back. Breathe in, breathe out. That's all that I was thinking.

Minutes later, I finally got to breathe back normally and Nayeon handed me the inhaler. "Here, in case it gets back. Use this when you feel you are having one."

"Thanks, Nayeon." I thanked her. My legs were getting wobbly as I stood up. Nayeon quickly grabbed my arm and placed it around her neck to guide me.

She slowly walked me to my bed and supported me to lay down. I made myself comfortable and was able to breathe back normally.

"What happened? Why did you have an attack? It's been so long since you had one." She started to talk. And yes, I used to have a panic attack when I was a kid. Nayeon already witnessed my attack years ago and it's the first time I had one when I'm already an adult.

"I don't know. It just happened." I partially lied. I knew my attack was caused by Mina and Momo's meeting incident in the hallway.

"You're lying. I know something happened. Tell me." Her face seemed serious and wanted to know the real incident.

"I, uh, I-" I stopped with my words when I suddenly felt my chest getting tighter.

Then I felt Nayeon's hand on top of mine, "It's okay, Jeongyeon. You can tell me. You know I'm always here." She assured me with her weak smile.

I calmed myself first and squeezed her hand. "I bumped into Mina and Momo awhile ago in the hallway. I started to panic when I accidentally saw Momo's hand. The one she used to slap me." I looked at the ceiling blankly and feeling defeated remembering the time when that woman's hand landed on my face painfully.

Nayeon didn't say anything. But instead, she slowly placed herself beside me and laid down comfortably. Her arm wrapped around my body as well as her leg. She hugged me so tight that I can almost drown in her comfort. Nayeon grabbed my arm for her to lie on her head. So she was basically tugging herself in.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Shh, shut up and be quiet." She said and tucked herself tighter to me.

I smiled feeling a little bit satisfied with what she was doing. She was comforting me physically by giving me an assurance that I'm always safe beside her.

I looked down at her and her eyes were closed. It's not the first time I'm cuddling with her but this will be different because of our true feelings with each other. And probably this will be one of the best cuddles I could have with her.

- - -

4 months later

Nayeon and I had been very busy since our examinations were getting closer and the semester will end sooner than we thought. I have been preparing for my examinations very well and been distracted by my problems with Mina.

There are times that I get to see her with Momo and Chaeyoung but I always shake it off with thought since I have no time in dealing with them. What's the point if none of them haven't moved on?

Anyhow, if anyone's asking about my relationship with Nayeon; Well, we're still casually best friends and none of us initiated to step it up since it'll make things complicated.

Even though a huge part of me wants to but I'm just looking for the perfect timing. School has been hectic for both of us so that's one factor why I didn't bother in dating her like a real couple.

But my feelings towards her haven't changed at all. I mean we both do get along like we used to despite our confessions before. I know it sounds crazy but I'm just happy I get to spend more time with her.

"Jeongyeon, hurry up and pack already!" Nayeon yelled at me this time.

It's a Friday afternoon and we decided to go home to our houses for the weekend. I was still on my phone playing a video game that I was really hooked with.

"Wait, I'm just finishing up," I told her with my eyes on the screen.

Nayeon and I decided to destress ourselves for a short period before facing our final stage for the semester, our final exams. I was planning on having a late night camp outside of our house again as we had before. But this time, I'm planning to put up a bonfire since the weather's getting colder. And I can't bear the thought of what happened last time because of Nayeon's weak immune system.

Body heat. I blushed out of nowhere while I was in the middle of the game. I stopped my game and rushed inside the bathroom. My face looked so red as I looked in the mirror. Pervert. I mentally cursed my reflection. I washed my face to cool down the temperature a little bit.

I went out and saw Nayeon on her bed. "Yah! Hurry up and pack already. I can't wait to go home and eat real food again." She meant her mom's cooking.

"Yeah, yeah." I went over my closet and grabbed two pairs of hoodies, a pair of sweat pants and three pairs of socks. I don't need a lot of clothes like this woman in front of me.

"Okay, I'm done," I said.

"Yey! Let's go." She happily exclaimed.

We both exited our room and walked through the exit gate of the university. Since it was a Friday afternoon, a lot of students were still strolling around the university. Nayeon was clinging herself in my arm while I casually walked like she's not beside me. The longer she's been doing this, the easier I get used to.

The ride to our neighborhood was longer than we assumed. It was rush time, people were getting off from their workplace and students were having their dismissal time. The traffic jam was so stressful that I heard my stomach complaining.

"Hungry?" Nayeon asked.

"Yeah, I didn't eat that much during lunch."

Nayeon then gave me a boiled egg that was in her bag, "Here, I bought this at the cafeteria earlier. I forgot I had this."

I accepted the egg and thanked her. I started peeling and ate it as a whole.

"Slow down, you might choke yourself." She warned me. However, I'm good at eating so it's not a problem at all. I smiled widely as I swallow my food and drank my water.

"See? I didn't choke. I was hungry." I laughed. Then she just glared at me.

The traffic was so bad that it got us tired of waiting. I noticed Nayeon getting sleepy when her eyes started to fall down on its own.

I carefully held her head and put it on my shoulder, "I'll wake you up when we arrived." I whispered.

When the bus reached another bus stop, two familiar faces went inside that stunned me. I haven't seen these two outside the university. As I looked at them, they were holding hands.

The front row seats were taken so they continued walking to our way to sit at the back. However, Chaeyoung glared at me and then at my hands who was holding Nayeon's.

"Pathetic," I heard her whispered and then followed Mina behind.

"Aish, that brat," Nayeon whispered. I looked at her and her face furrowed. "What's her problem?" She opened her eyes and began to stand but I stopped her.

"Hajima," I whispered.

But she was forceful and stood up to confront Chaeyoung. And that moment, I felt my chest getting tighter and heavier. Fuck, another attack.

2yeon vs MiChaeng 😅

Please, don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you and love lotsss :*
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5K 23
"Do you know how hard it is to be friends with someone you are once--- still in love with?" -Nayeon "Moving on" isn't on Nayeon's vocabulary. Althoug...
149K 3.1K 35
We met once at the college corridor and I fall in love with you when I first saw your smile. The gummy smile. But at first, I don't know my true feel...
42.6K 1.9K 37
Im Nayeon want to do her 18 to do things before she dies. Im Nayeon suffering from some problem which will cause her to leave this world. Her 18 thin...
4.9K 101 42
A fiction about two friends mina and chaeyoung who fell in love with each other during their school phase. undergoing through all the hardships toget...