Entangled

By _SoloBird_

Entangled Book #1 -Wattpad featured story- Ariana Jones is a sweet, innocent, and smart girl who has been bat... More

Author's Note
Cast...
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13. Part-I
Chapter-13. Part-II
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter-21
Chapter- 22
Chapter-23
Chapter- 24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter-27

217K 7.8K 1.6K
By _SoloBird_

Ariana

When our bosses informed us that we would be extra busy, they surely weren't joking.

Our presence was needed at both the places, at the party venue, and in the office. At least one of us had to be present in the office, so we divided our time and work.

The grandest party hall was booked. It was not easy to book that in a short time but who would say no to the most powerful businessmen in the USA? Lauren had gone to give Invitation cards for printing.

Scott was gone to meet with some event management companies which we had shortlisted as that would be easy for us to handle our work otherwise we had to book decorator and caterer separately and that would have been more chaotic and tiring than it was now.

I had been working on my computer continuously for the last two hours. I had been mailing some important documents to the business partners and also had been replying to fan mails at the same time. Also, I had been receiving non-stop phone calls from other companies, business partners, and clients. Some called for greetings, some to ask for meetings. Xavier ordered me not to disturb him until there was something extremely important. So, I wrote all the names and their purpose of calling on the notepad so that I could inform him afterward.

I was typing on my computer when someone knocked on the door before entering. I looked up to see Lauren with some files in her hands.

"Hey, when did you come back?" I asked as I sat straight in my chair.

"Oh, I just came back and already have loads of work." She huffed, placing files on my desk, and sat on the chair on the other side of the desk.

"What are these files for?" I asked her.

"Some are contract files to be given to Mr. Knight and some files are to be signed by him." She replied.

"Okay, let me inform him that you are here," I reached for the intercom to call him but Lauren stopped me.

"Wait, not right now." I raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Oh, come on, Let me have five minutes rest! And you also have a short break, your boss won't kill you for that. And besides, we have something important to talk about." She said the last statement while wiggling her eyebrows.

Uh oh! She hadn't forgotten about that.

"Lauren, I have numerous emails to send and also many phone calls to attend, we'll talk later, okay? Maybe during lunch?" I said, hoping that she'll agree and forget about the talk.

"Oh, I see...Trying to be smart, huh?" She raised her eyebrows and then smirked.

"But my dear friend, I think you don't know that I am over smart. I know you want me to forget about that because you know we'll get busy afterward. So, Ariana, we are talking NOW." She sat straight in her chair and crossed her arm in front of her chest.

Uh oh! What I have gotten myself into?

My throat went dry so I picked up the glass of water and started drinking.

"I know we don't have time so I'll come directly to the point... Do you have a crush on Mr. Knight?" I choked on the water.

Who in the world has a crush on their own husband?

I started coughing hard. I instantly put the glass back on the desk and took the tissues from Lauren's hand which she was offering me to clean the spilled water. Lauren was watching my every move silently.

"Where did that come from?" I asked her after I composed myself.

"You thought I didn't notice? The way you were staring at him while congratulating him, it was like you were lost in his eyes. And not to forget the blush that crawls on your face whenever you are around him. Isn't this proof enough to tell that you have a crush on Mr. Knight?" She asked playfully.

"No, it's not what you think. He's just my boss, that's all. And I immediately pulled my hand away after shaking his hand. Besides you have to make eye contact with a person you are shaking your hands with, right? That is what I did." I reasoned out. But I could feel warmness on my face. Oh no! Is my face again turning red?

"See, you are blushing even while talking about him. Now, what would you say?" She smirked.

I immediately cupped both of my cheeks with my hands.

"No, I ...I am not blushing. It's happening because I choked on water." I mumbled while cupping my cheeks.

"Oh, come on Ariana. You can share it with me. I won't judge you. Besides, there is no harm to have a crush on anyone. It's not that you always end up with your crush. Crushes are mainly to evoke the desire in you. Crushes come in your life just to stimulate your desire hormones." She blabbered like she was a teacher and her favorite subject of teaching was "Crushes and their advantages".

I just listened to her and when I didn't say anything she continued.

"You know what? I once had a crush on three of our bosses and that too at the same time." She stated.

"What?" A laugh escaped my lips.

"Yes, that happened a long time ago, I accepted that I didn't have a chance there. But you know crushes are meant to keep on changing. It's good for health. And don't tell this to my boyfriend... currently I have a crush on ten men." She said her last statement in a whisper.

"What? Isn't this called cheating?" I asked.

"My goodness, Ariana, you are so naive. Haven't you had any crush or a boyfriend before?" A blush crept on my face instantly after hearing her.

What should I tell her that I never had a boyfriend or a crush? I had never experienced any of that before? And I directly got a husband and he is the same person who she thinks I was having a crush on?

"Ariana, don't tell me you never had one?" She asked with the most horrific expression on her face. I broke eye contact with her and looked down on my lap and shook my head.

"No one ever asked you out?" I didn't look up just shook my head in no. Who would like to ask out an extremely shy girl who doesn't know how to socialize with people? A girl who was conserved to herself, a girl who always wore baggy clothes, a girl who has an ugly face. Scarlet and her friends used to bully me a lot about it.

"How could that be possible? You are so beautiful Ariana and by far the most humble, soft-spoken person I have ever met. How is it that no one ever asked you out? And what about you? You never had a crush on anyone? Do you never had the desire to be with someone, to be in someone's arms, do you never had a sexual attraction for anyone?" She spoke out loud. My head instantly shot up. How can she be so straightforward?

"Lauren, why are you talking so loudly? What if someone hears us? And about your questions, I never had time for that." I said avoiding her gaze. Lauren instantly stood up from her chair, marched towards me, bent a little, and hugged me tightly.

"Oh, Ariana, I don't know why you never had time for enjoying your life. But don't worry, I am here and I'll teach you everything." She let go of me and stood straight.

"And hell, you have every right to have a crush on Mr. Knight. He is born to have a crush on." She said excitedly. Oh no! Not again.

"Lauren you are mistaken, I...." Before I could complete my sentence she cut me off.

"No Ariana, you are not allowed to say anything. It's high time you should have a boyfriend. I know it's all new to you but don't worry I am here for you. Before you get any boyfriend you should know how to develop desire. I'll teach you everything." She said firmly while pointing her finger at me. I sighed silently. I can't escape this.. can I?

She again bent a little, gripped the backrest of my chair with one hand, and placed another hand on the desk, trapping me in my chair. I looked at her questioningly.

"Okay, let's start with the basic lesson." She said, bring her face near me. I pulled back slightly. Then she continued,

"Take out any picture of Mr. Knight in which he is shirtless, you can find it on the internet amongst his many pictures from photoshoots. Then.." She paused again.

"Then.. admire him, his chiseled body, his neck, his broad shoulders, his chest, then go little down to his delicious six-pack abs, then a little more down to his V shape going down to his...."

"Ewww...Lauren that's gross, Go away."  I pushed her away softly, blushing hard. She has no filter on her mouth. And was I seriously imagining his...body?

"Goodness Ariana, you are such a baby! You are blushing just by imagining about him. Then how will you develop a sexual desire in you? I think I have to work harder on you." She huffed and shook her head.

The phone on my desk started ringing, saving me from her teaching lessons. I sighed silently and picked up the receiver.

"Hello, I..." Before I could say anything the person on the other side spoke.

"Hello, Am I speaking to Xavier Knight's Personal Assistant?" A female voice spoke from another side.

"Yes, you are. How may I help you?" I asked, my eyes were on Lauren who walked back and sat back on her chair.

"Well, I am Sarah Park from GBN. I want to talk to Xavier." I frowned at her tone. She spoke somewhat rudely. And she called him by his name?

"Ma'am, Mr. Knight is busy right now, you can give your message to me, I'll deliver it to him," I said politely.

"Oh, no... he's never busy for me. Inform him that Sarah Park is on call. I am his friend, he'll not say no." She replied with an attitude. I didn't want to disturb him but what if this lady was an important person?

"Wait a moment, ma'am," I said then I called Xavier.

"Sir, there's a call from Sarah Park, she wants to talk to you now."

"Okay transfer the call," he replied. She might be a really good friend of him that's why he immediately agreed. I transferred the call and diverted my attention back to Lauren.

"Who was it?" She asked.

"Someone named Sarah Park from GBN," I replied, frowning. I didn't know why was I even frowning.

"Oh, she is the most famous anchor of a famous news channel, Global Business News. And let me tell you she is a total bitch."

"Lauren, you can't talk about anyone like that."

"Oh, come on Ariana, you know what? She has slept with I don't know how many producers and directors to get to this position. And she has dated almost every man she has interviewed. She has an attitude as high as Mount Everest. She is called a bitch by everyone that knows her, I am not the only one calling her that." She said without taking a breath.

My mind directly went to Xavier. Had they both spent time together? A weird sensation passed through my stomach thinking about that. I didn't have any right to question his relationships but I didn't know why the thought of him spending time with someone made me sad.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the beep sound of intercom. I composed myself and picked up the receiver.

"Come to my office." I glanced at Lauren.

"Sir, Miss Hart is here, she has some files that are to be signed by you," I said.

"Okay, bring her with you." I put the receiver back in its place.

"Let's get back to work, Lauren," I said standing up from my chair.

"Yep, let's go, I'll teach you some other time." She stood up and winked. I just smiled and shook my head. She will not let this go.

We both reached his office, where he was sitting on his chair proudly, typing on his computer. His suit jacket was hanging on his chair, his white crisp shirt which was clinging to his body was giving the view of his toned muscles. The sleeves of his shirt were folded till his elbow showing the movement of his forearm muscles while he was typing. His perfectly combed hair was now tousled, he might have run his fingers in his hair several times.

My mouth went dry seeing him in this state. He looked extraordinarily handsome. I couldn't help but stare at him. I jerked when someone nudged the side of my stomach. I looked in that direction to see Lauren was staring at me with a smirk on her lips.

"My first lesson for you was to admire his photo, not his live form. Baby steps Ariana, baby steps." She whispered in my ear, making me blush hard. I cleared my throat and glanced back at Xavier, he was busy doing his work. Thank goodness, he didn't see me ogling him. What's happening to me?

Lauren has corrupted my mind.

"I wasn't admiring him," I whispered back, not looking into her eyes.

"Sure, you weren't." Saying that she stepped forward.

"Mr. Knight, these are two files of your France manufacturing plant project. Mr. Patterson wants you to take a look at them." She placed the files on his desk.

"And these are the files that need your signatures." She said, forwarding him some other files.

He took the file, take and then signed them. After signing, he handed the files back to Lauren. Lauren stepped back and stood beside me.

"How's the preparation going?" He asked, looking at both of us.

"Preparations are going good Mr. Knight," Lauren replied.

"Okay, so, I called you because I want you to arrange the interview room. I got a call from the anchor of GBN, they want to interview Daniel, Sean, and me. Their team will arrive tomorrow." He said, looking at both of us then he glanced at me.

"Clear my schedule for tomorrow for the interview. And if there is any meeting, reschedule it. And also, inform Daniel and Sean."

"Okay, sir." I nodded my head.

"And also, one you have to be present there in the room at the time of the interview." He ordered.

We both nodded our heads and said okay.

"Miss Hart you can leave and you stay here." He ordered while looking at me.

"Okay, sir." Saying that Lauren turned around, winked at me, and left the cabin.

He then glanced at me, his eyes lingered on me, making me nervous all of a sudden. I tried not to look at him. Then after a few seconds, he spoke.

"You have to be present there in the room at the time of the interview." My eyes instantly met his. I looked at him questioningly.

"Miss Hart and Scott can do other work but you have to be there.. compulsorily." He ordered.

Why my presence is compulsory? But I couldn't question his order so I just nodded my head and said Okay.

"You may leave now." He said and diverted his attention to his work.

I left his office to continue with my work and to prepare for the interview.

One more work to take care of.

____________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 77.9K 51
[ Previously named---> 'Destined Together' ] "Stop pretending. Boyfriend, right? With whom you'll be hanging out once Eth and your Dad are gone." I s...
9.4M 452K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
2.3M 131K 53
Entangled Book #2 Life is short; it should be full of fun. These are the words of Daniel Adams. Daniel Adams is playful, joyous, and is full of life...
159K 5.5K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...