Ache and Hunger ~Complete~

By wannabeloved3

Everyone has an ache and hunger, some people are just better at hiding it than others. And some people run fr... More

Warning!
What they look like to Me
Chapter 0: Prologue
Chapter 1: The Snap Part 1
Chapter 2: The Snap part 2
Chapter 3: It's Been A While
Chapter 4: Adulting is hard
Chapter 5: His dream girl
Chapter 6: Falling Easily
Chapter 7: Fight for her
Chapter 8: Pyschos
Chapter 9: Some Truths
Chapter 10: Counseling a Cupid
Chapter 11: On Her Own
Chapter 12: Pent Up (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Pent up ( Part 2)
Chapter 14: Temptation for a Demon
Chapter 15: One Answer, Two questions
Chapter 16: Rollercoster of Emotions
Chapter 17: His Favorite Sin (Part 1)
Chapter 18: His Favorite Sin ( Part 2)
Chapter 19: His Favorite Sin ( Part 3)
Chapter 20: His Favorite Sin (Part 4)
Chapter 21: The Morning After (part 1)
Chapter 22: The Morning After (Part2)
Chapter 23: The Morning After (Part 3)
Chapter 24: My Best friend and My brother
Chapter 25: Girl talk, Tea and A kiss
Chapter 26: Procrastinating
Chapter 27: A Week Without
Chapter 28: Demons Don't Apologize
Chapter 29: An Angel's First Ache
Chapter 30: A Taste
Chapter 31: Bite and Backbone
Chapter 33: Witness His Favorite sin (Part 1/4)
Chapter 34: Witness His Favorite Sin (Part 2/4)
Chapter 35: Witness His Favorite Sin (Part 3/4)
Chapter 36: Witness His Favorite sin (Part 4/4)
Chapter 37: Morning Care
Chapter 38: High
Chapter 39: Open and Foggy
Chapter 40: Denial, Distraction, and Foggy
Chapter 41: Happy and Foggy
Chapter 42: No Longer Foggy
Chapter 43: Open, Raw, and Ugly
Chapter 44: First Date Prep
Chapter 45: First Date Discussions
Chapter 46: Honeylips and Sugarplum
Chapter 47: An Angel's Sin ( Part 1/2)
Chapter 48: An Angel's Sin ( Part 2/2)
Chapter 49: Yours To Have
Chapter 50: Peace, Dread, Repeat
Chapter 51: Eyes Open
Chapter 52: First Flame

Chapter 32: Helping and Safeguards

1.9K 79 2
By wannabeloved3

A/N: I hope you all enjoy it! 

Lilith's Pov:

Lex paused after she took in the sight of us. I turned to stare at the Angel, cutting in on my time with my best friend. I narrowed my eyes as I spat the words out at him, "Don't you have a charge to watch over. Leave."

"Alexis is my charge now. I'm exactly where I should be", Baltazar turned his attention to Alexis as he continued, "Who was that male, and why was he talking to you that way?"

"He's", Alexis started her sentence before she bit her lip and looked away from him.

She finished her sentence with an almost mumble, "nothing for you to worry about."

"I'm your Guardian Angel and your soulmate, your safety is my purpose in life," Baltazar said in a stern tone as he took a few steps closer to her Lex.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a chair as I spoke, "You can keep talking while I hide the hickey."

Lex tilted her head so that I have full access to her neck. I set the makeup bag on the table, pulling out my wipe-out color correcting palette, my hydro boost hydrating concealer.

And lastly, my airbrush flawless finish setting powder. I also pulled out a few brushes so that I could apply everything properly. As I started to hide the hickey, they continued their conversation.

"I understand that, Zar. I'm sure that Marcus will back off once Corciel comes back with his daily visits", Lex explained calmly which seemed to only confuse Baltazar more.

"You trust Corciel to keep you safe, but not me?", Baltazar sounded hurt by how he interpreted her words.

Lex turned her head to face Baltazar almost messing me up in my work. I sucked my teeth in annoyance before I spoke, "I'm trying to do you a favor Lex. Which is hard to do if you move around like that."

Lex looked between Baltazar and me, she bit her lip before she spoke, "I'm sorry."

She turned her head the other way so that I could work again. I finished with the wipe-out color correcting palette and moved on to the hydro-boost hydrating concealer.

Lex spoke again in a softer tone, "Baltazar, I didn't mean it like that. Corciel already has a human cover set up. Also, I'm pretty sure that Marcus already has some fear when it comes to Corciel because of the fight they had. I'm trying to make your duties lighter not heavier, Zar."

"You're my charge you shouldn't," Before Baltazar could even finish his sentence, Lex cut him off.

"I am also your soulmate, apparently. I know that when you're in a relationship of any kind you try to make problems easier for every person involved in the relationship. Sometimes it doesn't even have to pertain to a relationship. It's called caring, I think" Lex explained a basic human lesson to the Angel.

I moved on from the hydro-boost hydrating concealer to the airbrush flawless finish setting powder. I couldn't help but laugh a little from Baltazar's stunned silence, which was certainly stunned from the expression on his face.

"I", Baltazar paused then he started again, "That's beside"

He paused yet again, taking a deep breath before he started a different sentence, "Can I at least know who this Marcus is and how he pertains to you, please?"

I felt Lex's eyes on me, I met her gaze taking in the slightly panicked look.

She is silently asking me, what she should tell him.

I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders as I finished perfectly hiding her hickey. Which loosely translated to, you need to chill and don't ask me.

Lex let out a huffed breath at me, which translated to, you unhelpful bitch.

I grinned at her before planting a quick kiss on her lips. I started to put everything away when Baltazar moved over to Alexis' side, giving her a patient look as he spoke softly, "If this were a dream you wouldn't have hesitated."

Lex gave Baltazar a quick smile before she spoke in a way that sounded like unfiltered thought, "That's because I didn't think you were real. Marcus is my ex-boyfriend. He's a rich boy that probably never knew the meaning of no. I told him no a lot to sex, so he cheated on me. But for some reason he wants me back, maybe he can't deal with the fact that I said no or it thrills him in some way. I don't know."

I raised an eyebrow, Alexis takes a long time to get to the point where she speaks unfiltered. I resisted the urge to whistle from how impressed I am.

Alexis doesn't trust easily and she doesn't say her thoughts out loud so freely. She always worried that the second she starts speaking someone will tell her to shut the fuck up. I know her like the back of my hand.

The only reason she speaks so freely now is because of the fact that they are soulmates. That and she doesn't want to dance around the truth with Baltazar.

She thinks it would hurt him, yet with my brother, she can dance around the truth like it's a game just to get him frustrated. Maybe it has to do with how she met them. Either way, I know that soulmates are fascinating.

Baltazar took Alexis' hand, lifted it, planting a soft kiss on her knuckles before he spoke, "Thank you for telling me, my love."

Alexis bit her lip before she nobs and stood from her chair. She gave us a smile as she walked towards the door, "I have to get back to work. Play nice you two."

"Ready to work with me now?" I asked while turning to fact Baltazar after the door closed.

"Why are you so keen on working together? Is it because your afraid to take on an Angel by yourself?" Baltazar asked with a slightly irritated look on his face.

I clenched my jaw tightly, pushing down my urge to smack him for insinuating that I, a high ranking demon is afraid of some angel. I let out a slow breath before I answered him with logic, "The faster Torrait is dealt with, the safer my best friend will be"

"If you care about her safety so much, why haven't you done anything about Torriat" He raised an eyebrow as he spoke the words in a casual manner. I could see the anger rising in his eyes from me insinuating that he can't keep Alexis safe.

"I have. I've faced Torrait before I know I have I just keep forgetting the encounter. I assume it's some Angel ability." I gave him some information that still vexed me.

The memory thing would be a problem in future encounters, especially if I begin to fight him. Torrait could memorize my moves and have the advantage. He might even succeed in killing me, which is why a team-up would work better.

"You're the demon that keeps harassing Torrait" Baltazar sounded surprised from the information then shook his head lightly.

He lifted a hand, running it haphazardly through his thick hair as he seemed to be chastising himself. Probably from not realizing that the demon was me earlier. A smile grew on my face.

"If he told you about it, that means he's afraid. We could use this to surprise him" I spoke excitedly as a new plan formed in my mind on who to take on Torrait with minimal effort and maximum success.

"I won't help you kill my friend" He argued with me in s stern tone that would have ended the discussion if I were anyone else.

"Your friend who wants to kill your soulmate" I pointed out the obvious, speaking slowly and sharply through my clenched teeth. How could he forget the reason for this so quickly? Doesn't he was to keep Alexis safe as well?

"We don't know that for sure. He hasn't hurt her in any way. He only stole my memory of her once" He seemed to be trying to convince both of us on the fact that Torriat didn't do any actual harm yet. The keyword being yet, which is a word I didn't want to wait on. And neither should he if he cares about Alexis.

"I'm not going to wait until he hurts her to stop him. I would just put a spell on her to keep Angels from her but that would affect you and I won't hurt Lex like that. So do you have any other ideas aside from wait and see?" I reminded him of why waiting isn't a good idea in this situation.

I stood in front of him, locking eyes with him so that he understood how seriously stupid it is to wait. He seemed to really stop and consider my words. I relaxed my tense body for a second. This is ridiculous if I were Alexis' mate I would want any threat to her six feet in the ground or erased from existence.

The consequences of my actions, be damned. The universe should have worried about that before it created me the way it did and giving me a soulmate. That is if I even have a soulmate. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the voice of Baltazar.

"I'm not going to hurt him and I'm not going to let you do it either," He said as he pressed his fingers against my inner wrist before I could react.

A magic that wasn't mine crawled under my skin. Seaming into my veins becoming a part of me in a way that I couldn't remove. It felt pure in a way that I wasn't used to at all. It felt white, crackly, and holy. I pulled my wrist back in time to see a marking on my skin felt from his magic, his touch.

It was a fucking halo on my wrist, I stared at it as fury raised in me like bile.

"I know you didn't just use your magic on me", I yelled in a mix of horror and surprised that he actually had the balls to do this to me. My human form melted away like Ice cream left outside on the hottest day in July, leaving only my true demon form.

"Now you can't hurt any angel. Have fun coming up with a new plan, Lilith" Baltazar said as he spread his angelic wings, flew upwards and disappeared from sight.

I spread my demonic wings and followed after him with a rage-filled word leaving my lips like the foulest curse known to demonkind, "Baltazar!"

I followed him for as long as I could when he entered his domain I was forced to stop. My body burst into flame at how angry I am, it wasn't just any flame either it was hellfire. I quickly left their perimeter, least a different angel thought I was a threat to their domain.

Unlike my younger brother who hit the punching bag in his personal gym when he got angry. I had a different approach to dealing with my rage, I tried to repress it for as long as I could.

Anger can be used as a weapon just as any emotion. My anger feeds my inner flame, which keeps me strong. So, I went back to work, being more productive than usual.

When work came to an end for me, I could still feel my rage. It was building further now that I didn't have anything to focus my attention on. After a quick text to Lex, telling her I was too hungry to pick her up from work. I was free to head to the bar.

She knew how to summon me if there was any trouble, though I hope the trouble wouldn't be an Angel. Thanks to that fucking soulmate of hers, my only choice would be to run with her.

I headed to a great bar where Supernatural creatures went to relax, or drown their emotions in booze. I needed alcohol and a good lay, tomorrow will be for planning on what the hell to do now.

I walked over to the bar and I heard a voice that made my soul sing in joy, "Can I get another vodka, bartender!"

A/N: Thank you for reading! Please leave a comment! The next chapter should be up 11-22-19. 

If you want to read ahead, go over to Dreame or Radish. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 11.1K 30
Alexis a mortal turns out be an ancients vampires mate I ran out into the night to reach Alexis's next office before she arrived with my driver. I wa...
8.9M 338K 39
Needs editing and will be editing soon Alexis Miller is a 23 year old who is freshly out of college. She was hired right on the spot, when the owner...
32.6K 1.3K 30
BOOK ONE ∘∗∾⋄❆⋄∾∗∘ Raksasha is a shapeshifting demon, drifting through an agonizing afterlife of karma, searching for something that could end her mi...
3.7K 209 23
Our tongues fight for dominance and I don't back down, his left hand grabbing my ass so hard it might bruise but damn it feels so good and I moan whe...