Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

xxi

3.5K 161 29
By nojambrostan

Jeongyeon's POV

"MOMO!" Everyone cried as they witnessed her fury that she has to slap me real hard.

My left cheek went numb for a few seconds but later felt it stung with Momo's right hand landed on it. I held my cheek and quickly stood up to face her with an eye level.

Momo's expression was indescribable. She was confused, mad or even guilty for what she has done. But her eyes were filled with anger. Then she took a step back as I got on my feet in the situation. She avoided my gaze and turned her back on me.

"I should've warned you before entering a relationship with Mina," she said. "Now, stay away from her and don't you dare talk to her ever again!" Then we all saw her stormed out from the room and slammed the door.

Nayeon and Dahyun winced as they heard the loud thud of the door. I loosen my breath when Momo left as I've been holding it when facing her.

"Jeongyeon, are you okay?" I heard Nayeon ask right away.

"Yeah, I'm good." I showed a fake smile. My knees were trembling as I held my cheek again. Momo's hand was rough though. Maybe that's why it stings like hell.

"I'm sorry, unnie. I should've known." Dahyun muttered while her head lowered.

"It's okay, Dahyun," I told her. "You didn't do anything wrong," I added to make her feel better.

I pursed my lips thinking about what to do next. I know I'm in a bad situation now. I broke up with Mina because of my true feelings to Nayeon. And with that, I get to taste probably the worst slap I've received from a Japanese woman.

I sighed and dropped myself on the floor again. Nayeon sat beside me with some soothing gel with her. She slid her finger and took a small amount.

"Don't move," she said then rubbed slowly the gel on my burdened cheek. I felt the air as she blew to let it cool.

"You don't have to," I told her trying to lean back and make her stop.

"Shut up, I know how painful that slap was." She said back. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

I laughed silently, "What's with you saying sorry?" I looked at Dahyun as well who seemed to be in the bad mood already. "I mean you didn't do anything. It's my fault." I told them.

Nayeon was finished with my cheek, "All done. You going back to your room now?" She asked.

"Yeah, probably. I still have things to finish." I told her. I almost forgot I'm still a student. I watched Nayeon worried about what happened and probably in shock because her face still wrinkled.

Without hesitation, I held her face to calm her down. "Relax, Nayeonie. I'm okay. This is nothing." I meant with my face.

"I know. It's Momo I am worried." Oh. "I've never seen Momo acted like that. It was a new and unexpected side of her that I just witnessed." Nayeon paused and sighed. "I'm tired. Go back to your room and rest too. You still have an early class tomorrow." She lastly instructed.

I agreed and went back on my feet. "I'm sorry for causing a scene here, Dahyun," I told her as she was in her bed still looking guilty. "I'll go now." I excused myself and walked through the front door.

My heart suddenly felt heavier as I realized again I hurt another person because of my stupidity and chickened out with the situation. Nayeon walked me through the door.

"Good night," I uttered as she stood in the doorstep.

"Want me to accompany you to your room?" She asked instead. I nodded timidly and showed a weak smile.

Then both of us walked through the hall. As we passed Momo and Mina's room, guilt overruled me again. I can't help but feel bad. However, it vanished when I felt Nayeon squeezed my hand with hers.

Luckily, no one came out from their rooms as we successfully reached the stairs with no one around. As we arrived in front of my room, I held the knob and slowly opened the door. I peeked through the door and saw no one. Chaeyoung was nowhere to be found.

Nayeon and I stepped in, and I settled my stuff in my place. Exhaustion suddenly showed up in my body the moment I saw my bed. I threw myself and laid my body to the soft mattress.

"I'll get going," Nayeon then said. I straighten up myself. "Thanks for tonight, Nayeonie," I uttered back. "And I'm sorry," I added.

She went closer to me and held my face like what I did earlier, "Everything will be all right, okay?" She assured. I nodded and forced to smile.

Nayeon was about to walk away until I clasped her wrist to stop her. "Wait," I pulled her slowly and grabbed her for a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist comfortably. I needed this.

Nayeon's POV

I didn't anticipate Jeongyeon's hug when she pulled me back to her. Her hug was so tight that it was understandable enough for me to know that she needed comfort for tonight.

I held her back in my arms when suddenly I heard her sob. She was quietly crying as trying to brush off the pain she might be feeling. I rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

None of us spoke as we were in each other's arms. I didn't initiate to say something as she was still in tears. Jeongyeon then cried so hard that I can hear her catching her breath.

I pulled away and lowered myself to see her. I held her face with both hands and confronted her, "Jeongyeon, tell me. What's the matter?" I asked while looking at her in tears.

"I fucked up, Nayeon. I can't stop myself blame everything. I was fucking stupid for hurting Mina and breaking her heart. How can I be so reckless?" She asked.

"You were confused, Jeongyeon. Let time heal everything. Wait for the right time to confront and apologize properly to Mina." I told her. I wiped her tears and hugged her again. "Aigoo, stop crying now."

"Thank you, Nayeon. I just feel a lot worse after Momo hit me." She mumbled as she calmed down.

"I know. It was hella a slap she did." I checked her left cheek as it turns out to be reddish. "Does it still stings?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I stared at her and observed how weak and fragile she looks. Without hesitation and delaying things, I quickly planted a soft peck on her injured cheek. Her eyes widened as I did it with surprise. "I'll head out now. It's getting late," I said. "Good night, Jeongyeon. Bye." Without looking back, I walked myself to the front door. I didn't listen to Jeongyeon anymore as she called my name.

As I closed the front door, I saw Chaeyoung approaching with a stoic face. 

"Hey, Chaeng." I greeted her.

"Hey, unnie." She sounded sad and dull.

"How are things with Mina?" I asked her.

She shrugged instead and walked pass me. When she held the knob, "Mina's not really well right now. I knew everything and what happened to her before." Her statement made me intrigued by things about Mina. "I'll go inside now, unnie. I'm tired. Good night." I wanted to know about Mina more but I don't think she'll tell me anyway.

I nodded and made my way to my room. I crashed myself to my bed when I reached my room and drifted myself to sleep without changing my clothes anymore which Dahyun was confused about.

"You're not going to change, unnie?" She asked.

"No, I'm too lazy. I'll sleep now. Good night, Dahyun."

- - - 

The next morning,  I woke earlier than my usual wake up call. I quickly chose clothes to wear and went through my morning routine. In the middle of brushing my teeth, it got me thinking of what might happen this day. Nevertheless, the most important thing to do is focus in class today and cram the damn homework that I failed to do last night.

I went out of the dormitory and went to the cafeteria. I bought myself a sandwich and went to the kiosks located outside my building. It's a good thing that I still have enough time to do my homework.

While I was concentrating and my attention was on my laptop, I felt someone else's presence in my table. I looked up to who it was, and Jeongyeon was already in my sight.

"Annyeong, Nayeonie. Good morning," she said with a dorky grin stuck on her face. I noticed her cheek didn't turn out to be reddish compared last night. "Had your breakfast already?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm quite busy now, Jeongyeon." I told her and shifted my attention to my laptop and continued with my work.

"So, I noticed." Jeongyeon's mood changed as she roamed her eyes around the area. But it went duller and colder when she stared at one place. I looked behind what she was looking at. The next thing I saw is that Mina was with Momo and Chaeyoung walking through the performing arts building.

Jeongyeon quickly lowered her head and wore her hoodie. I guess she was hiding from them. I witnessed how Mina looked so stressed and messed up. The break up really did affect her. I sighed silently and went back again on my laptop.

"How were things with Chaeyoung last night?" I asked without looking at her.

"Awkward, she wasn't talking to me." She answered. There was a tone of dismayed and sadness in her.

"Did you try talking to her?"

"Yeah, I started a conversation but she nodded and done a lot of body language that she's not interested. So I just gave up and went to bed." She rested her chin on the table. "It's all my fault anyway, I guess I deserve it."

"Well, do you know why she's acting like that?" I asked again.

Jeongyeon shook her head and glanced at me curiously. "Why? You have an idea?" I wanted to tell her about Chaeyoung liking Mina and knew everything about her. But it's not my place to do it.

"Nope," I lied. "No idea too." I avoided her gaze and stared at my laptop.

"You're lying, Im Nayeon. I know when you lie." She said and rested her head on the table.

There was a moment of silence between us and I was finishing my homework quickly as I saw the time that I only got a few minutes left. Luckily, my lazy ass didn't fail to let me work for the day and I got to finish it earlier than I expected. I threw my arms in the air and exhaled as I successfully accomplished everything.

I watched Jeongyeon who was taking a nap in front of me. I tapped her shoulder to wake her up, "Jeongyeon, wake up. Our class starts at ten." But she wasn't moving.

"Yah! Wake up!" I tried shaking her shoulder harder to forcefully wake her. Then I heard her groaned, "I didn't get much sleep last night." She complained as she rubbed her eyes.

"Why?"

"I don't know. Insomnia, I guess." Jeongyeon gets insomnia every time she's stress or something's bothering her. Her break up with Mina and the incident with Momo last night did affect her at all.

I was starting to get worried as I looked at her feeling so shitty and bad for being honest with her true feeling. I mean we all get dumb and stupid when it comes to this fucked up feelings, right? But I think Momo did too much to her. That made me bother too, Momo's my friend but I think I haven't known her true self yet.

"Do you want me to go back being roommates again?" My words made me blink a lot of times and mentally gawk realizing how I say things without thinking. Damn it, Nayeon.

"Yes, please. I need you." Jeongyeon instantly answered and pleaded.

Here's an update. 2yeon will probably sail more this time ❤

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you and love lotsss :*
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 11.8K 61
*COMPLETED* Kang Y/N isn't the usual 21 year old university student that you would come across. She's quite the rebellious type and definitely likes...
18.2K 836 6
Yoo Jeongyeon is her school's top athlete and pretty contend for a chance to play on the boys' football team. Every day she gets a letter from a secr...
7.1K 522 31
The price of living in America has increased these days. It's harder on those who work lower-paying jobs and for long periods. Jeongyeon being a youn...
19.3K 848 44
"Don't!" Mina quickly interjects and moves her face slightly sideward, away from Chaeyoung's hand. "Stop right there. Everything about you makes me w...