Cold Like Death: Shoto Todoro...

By TeruTategami

One second she was smiling at the cold white bliss, the next she were enveloped in ice and a vision that fade... More

Chapter 1: Frozen In Time
Chapter 2: Late Night Sleepover
Chapter 3: Pride
Chapter 5: The Cool Down
Chapter 6: Dad
Chapter 7: The Family
Chapter 8: The File
Chapter 9: The Gauntlet
Chapter 10: The Trials
Chapter 11: Doppelgangers Galore
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 14: Cherry Blossoms
Chapter 15: Cats & Blind Dates
Chapter 16: Taken For Granted
Chapter 17: The Odds
Chapter 18: Fire & Ice
Chapter 19: The Investigation
Chapter 20: Awakening
Chapter 21: Hide
Chapter 22: Home
Chapter 23: Blue
Chapter 24: The Girl In Need Of A Hero
Chapter 25: Rescue
Chapter 26: Parting Ways
Chapter 27: We're All Connected
Chapter 28: The Final Destination
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End

Chapter 4: Morning

3.4K 215 115
By TeruTategami

The letter, that bulky white envelope, its the same acceptance letter as the one from thirty years back and its sitting within your grasp. You've done it, you've gotten accepted into UA for a second time and if it wasn't for Shoto and Midoriya and his peers this dream would've never came to fruition. What you never expected was the baggage to come along with the acceptance letter.

You began to weave through the class dormitory. Your tired nearly burning eyes scanned the names on each door just searching for one particular name. You had no luck on the first few floors but the name plate for Midoriya finally brought your heart some closure. It's weird though, out of everyone you've built a friendship with over the past two weeks you only want to see Midoriya. Shoto was the last person you wanted to talk with which is downright astonishing in itself.

Knock Knock Knock!

Your first pounded on the wooden door that bared Midoriya's name in bolded white letters on a cute All might themed name plate. That green haired boy answered the door almost immediately and lit up with delight to the sight of that white envelope you've been antsy to recieve for days on end. "So, what'd it say (Y/n)? What am I saying? I know you got accepted!" Midoriya ushered you into his room, closed the door and shut off the lamp upon his desk.

"Well... Okay," you had no intention to open up the acceptance letter here and now but if he's this giddy to see it then why not?

Your fingers fumbled with the paper envelope's seal. The glue keeping it enclosed was impossible to unseal without ripping the entire thing in half! At this point, you couldn't care less however, ripping it open without concern. A small round disk, it was the size of the palm of your hand and no larger, poked out from the shredded envelope remains and illuminated the room. You found yourself taking a seat beside Midoriya on the bed as you lied the holographic disk upon the floor.

At last, an image formed within the air as the current principal of UA sitting at his desk. You believe his name is Nezu, and he seemed content while sipping on a steaming cup of green tea. "Good day to you! I am Nezu, the Principal of UA. It would be my honor to welcome you, (Y/n) (L/n), to my school of dreams. Your performance in the entrance exam was phenomenal! We've never had a student successfully complete the obstacle course in as little time as you have. This says a lot as we've have a great number of super speed quirks over the decades. I'm sure your peers can fill you in on your schedule. Make sure to get your school and hero uniform fitted as soon as possible. Once again, I welcome you to UA as part of Shota Aizawa's class of heroics!" The hologram of that cheerful mouse-man faded away and with it had Midoriya turn on the lights with a jump to his many steps.

Shoto was on his way back to his dorm room after searching around for you for a while. When the lights within Midoriya's room came on coincidentally just as Shoto was passing by, the lights shown through the bottom of the doorframe. Shoto figured he'd drop in a say hello but was caught off guard as Midoriya was referring to you.

"See! I told you that you'd make it!" Midoriya gave you a quick hug which was the most surprising part of the day. Except, he began to frown upon pulling back. "Why do you look so upset (Y/n)? I thought you wanted to be part of UA more than anything?"

"I don't know really... Been thinking about stuff over the last few days... I think I've been ignoring my feelings," That's the harsh reality right now. Since your parents told you off on day one, you've been forcing all your issues down beneath your skin to fester. You've never been good with expressing your emotions. All of the emotions except for anger.

Midoriya understood your concern, "Is this why you didn't go to Shoto? I know he's pretty bad with them..."

"I think we all know he's pretty bad with his emotions," you managed to snicker. "Plus I didn't want to talk to him about his dad when he... When he hates him so much. It's like I can't talk to Shoto about much because I used to date his dad and all. Sort of feels like he hates me too..."

Shoto, overhearing everything, decides to stay back and listen to the two of you from behind the door. To step in now would be wrong, also, his interest is peeked.

"Well, I'm here for you."

"Thanks Midoriya..." You sighed. "Well... After taking the entrance exam I realized just how different school is going to be. I'm going to the same school, except... None of the same teacher or peers and I'm sure the curriculum is different too. I can get over that though, your class is much better than everyone I went to school with back then," back then you only spoke with Enji and nobody else because everyone was competing and wanted nothing to do with those who were better than them. Now you have Shoto, and Midoriya, and Kirishima and a bunch of others like Uraraka, Iida, Ashido and Sero. "The stuff that's really bothering me is that I went from the poster child of the family to not having one at all. How I missed out on the life I could've lived... Imagine If I never fell through the ice... I could've became the number one hero or... I Could've been the wife to the current number... One... Hero... It's so screwed up to think this but... I would've loved to be Enji's wife and Shoto could've been my son..."

Everything really has hit you all at once. "I can see where you're coming from. My family feels broken because my dad isn't around but you shouldn't let yourself get all down because of how things could've been. Just because you couldn't live that life, doesn't mean you can't still make it happen in the future... YOUR future," wow... Midoriya is the best friend anyone can ask for.

"And I cried over this stuff for the last week," you let out a sigh of relief. "You're right though. I couldn't live that life, but the future is still mine. I can still strive to become the new number one. If not... Then the best I can be."

"The past is behind you and there's nothing you can do to change it," Midoriya pats you on the back.

"Before I leave though, can I ask if... If you've ever been in love?" Off question that's for sure and you're not expecting an answer.

"I-I do like someone," the boy stuttered.

"With me... I'm not so sure if I'm in love or not," you admit without any concern. "It's hard to push my feelings for Enji aside when we used to be in a serious relationship and I see him in Shoto. But... Shoto is a lot nicer and selfless than him. Shoto is everything Enji wasn't and I'm not so sure if I like Shoto in that way or if it's my feelings for Enji that's clouding my senses," you want to cry just thinking about all this. Is your heart playing games on you or is this true love?

Now this, Midoriya is having a hard time processing an answer for. "You know what, I can actually relate to you on that," a deep breath in and Midoriya began motioning around his entire room. "Yeah, I love All Might. He's my role model! Since I was little I've came to love almost everything related to All Might. Just because something's related to All Might, doesn't mean I should or should not like whatever it is. Long story short, get your feelings about Enji out now. You'll get over him. If you still like Shoto, then I say it's worth giving Shoto a try."

"Once again I see why you're Shoto's best friend," just because you love something doesn't mean you need to love all of it. There's always something you'll hate about something you love. Nothing is perfect. Find those flaws, and Enji will be out of your heart. "I loved Enji because he thought I was perfect. He was the nicest to me, but there were times he was the biggest jerk on the planet. Now he's old, has a wife and four kids. I can't change that."

"There you go," Midoriya approved of your journey made to acceptance.

"Shoto is always here for me whether I ask him or not. He's been nice and supportive, and I think that's enough reassurance that I really do like Shoto for who he is."

"I can tell he likes you too," Midoriya smiled genuinely. "I hope you two get together. I haven't seen him this happy in a long while."

"Me too," You got up from the bed all to pick up the acceptance hologram disc from the floor. "I better tell him the good news."

"Yeah, good luck and good night (Y/n)."

Shoto, after hearing everything, ran away the fastest he possibly could from Midoriya's door. He was too astonished with everything he heard about you and that amazing open confession to have done anything earlier. At least he knows you like him now, because he's always liked you to some extent since day one. Even before you were extracted from the ice and he locked eyes with you, a deep feeling coursed through his veins like he's known you forever. Some people say there's no such thing as love at first sight, that day must've been proof that it must exist.

"I'm gonna do something for her..."

Because you couldn't find Todoroki for the rest of the night, you found Mr. Aizawa and he went ahead and assigned you a room within the class dormitory. You were put on the girl's side of the dormitory while another student who passed the entrance exam was assigned a room with the guys which completely filled the class to capacity. For some odd reason the girls all pitched in and got you a bunch of hair dye since you've been on the subject for a while. By morning, your white hair could no longer shine though which put an ear to ear smile across your face. (Of course if your OC has white hair then ignore this. For the rest of the book I'm gonna refer to your hair color of choosing as (h/c))

Morning came along and paperwork for your new hero uniform came in. It was talking about how costume designs and measurements must be submitted to the costume and engineering department of the school or to visit the department in person. The paper then listed a few people who ran the engineering department. Only one of them was a girl. "Who's this Hatsume girl?" You tucked a strand of silky hair behind your ear. The feeling of dyed hair was foreign yet satisfying. It was silky soft and free of knots because of the chemical reactions and constant brushing.

"She's a crazy girl who invents things dawn till dusk," Kirishima answered you while lying a plate with a bagel onto the table before you.

"Thank you," you thanked him as you never asked for food in the first place. "Do any one of you want to take me down to the engineering department? I'd ask Shoto but he's still sleeping-"

"I'll get him up!!!" Midoriya hopped up from the table before you could even finish your sentence and sprinted out.

"What?" You blinked.

"I don't know..." Kirishima blinked in unison with you. "He could be in a rush? Izuku goes on morning jogs every weekend."

"Okay then..." Either he's in a rush or he's trying to play matchmaker right now since you did confess your feelings for Shoto last night. Maybe even both? Anything's a possibility.

"Congrats by the way," Kirishima nudged you in the arm. "You're going to UA with us now! Bet that feels awesome-"

"I'm up..." Shoto yawned upon entering the room. He was half awake visually as he was running his eyes with the backs of his hands. "I'm not a morning person... Or an awake person in general."

"Same bro," Kaminari chuckled while brushing his teeth.

You took a bite out of your bagel before getting up. "I make some pretty good coffee. It's like taking straight espresso! Want me to make some for you Shoto?" Whether he wants coffee or not wasn't his decision. You're going to make coffee anyways. Who doesn't like coffee in the morning let alone coffee in general?

"Sure," Shoto yawned again and sat down where you once sat. To steal your seat was his way of giving payback for waking him up even though it wasn't good payback. Nothing really mattered anyways since he's not in the mood for anything.

You worked your magic in the kitchen with brewing your perfect coffee recipe. Actually, it was your mom's recipe but memories kept the recipe fresh on the mind. She worked a small cafe in town many years back. She was the waitress everyone would ask for because she was so sweet, went the extra mile, always remembered your name and made the best drinks be it tea or coffee or your personal favorite: Hot Cocoa. Okay... Need to quit remembering her. When you're using her secret recipe that doesn't help your broken feelings either.

Nearing the end of the coffee brew, Shoto was forced awake after falling into a slumber. That boy sure loves his sleep. You began to pour out mugs of coffee for everyone at the table and a bunch left over for those who would like some. "One for Kiri, one for Deku, one for Kaminari and one for Shoto," their mugs were laid before them. The steam wafting up to tickle their noses with an aroma so sweet It could give them a toothache. You ran back into the kitchen to grab your own and returned by the second.

"Can't believe I technically haven't had this in thirty years," you hummed taking a long sip of coffee. Your body was still fighting the cold of your quirk and the warmth flooded throughout the body from throat to toe. The boys followed in your lead as they all simultaneously took long gulps and retracted all at the same time as well. Everyone, especially Shoto, was content with the beverage. They all wore the gentlest smiles.

"(Y/n)... I won't complain about waking up early ever again... Thank you," Shoto felt so gracious he downed the rest of the coffee. He had a coffee moustache that had everyone laughing with joy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 38.6K 58
Shoto Todoroki is Endeavors' youngest son and his 'masterpiece' compared to his older siblings. However at the age of seven another child was born to...
6.9M 175K 140
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
62 5 3
"π’π¨π¦πžπ­π’π¦πžπ¬ 𝐰𝐞 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐑𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞..." WHERE Shoto discovers he can leave his life behind on the...
7.4K 242 17
Β°β€’β˜†COMPLETEβ˜†β€’Β° When the two were young, Todoroki Shoto and Izuka Midoriya were best of friends. Todoroki developed his Half hot, half cold quirk and...