RUWAIDA ✔️

By rahma_Inuwa

Poor Ruwaida Mahmoud had to get married to her friend's brother, Turaad, a rich sophisticated Doctor not kno... More

NOTE!!!
PRELUDE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FORTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
POSTLUDE
NEW BOOK 📑

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

2.8K 513 22
By rahma_Inuwa

"And here is the kitchen, I didn't actually use it for months, I always eat from Mama," Muhammad turned squarely and faced Ruwaida, while she interestingly stared around the medium sized kitchen, which now, has most of the utensils her family had brought amongst her lefe.

After having a simple breakfast of toast and tea, Muhammad decided to show his wife around the house, tho, she could have done it herself too without any difficulty, he still insisted, wanting to spend quality time with her, and probably make it less awkward when they'll be discussing about her hospital requirements.

He wants to vanish any edginess that's between them and if possible, make her feel free with him. He's noticed how uncomfortable she seemed the day before but he was also no less. He couldn't say a sentence straight without stuttering. Unfortunately, no matter how much he tries to ignore it, the fact that they weren't married under normal circumstances never leaves him.

"It's really beautiful, especially the cabinets," Ruwaida smiled at the pooling of brown and black coffee colour of the kitchen cabinets before looking upwards at Turaad. "You chose them?,"

"Yes, why did you ask," Muhammad dragged the long kitchen stool and then sat down, but his eyes fixed at Ruwaida's every move.

"I just noticed your thing for brown, your room has almost everything in such shade," she slowly walked and sat on the second stool, placing her right hand on the table. "Amm...would you like something,"

"To be honest I'm really hungry, and I'm sure Mama will be bringing us food later, but do you want to have something now,"

"Er-not really, but I could make something...I mean, if you want to Er- eat," she shrugged a bit, and sounded like she'd asked and not just stated.

"You don't have to stress, I could just phone Zarah and let her know that we're already starving, yes, I'm that hungry," He laughed out loud and reached for his pocket, then slowly pulled out his phone.

Ruwaida hastily reached for the phone, and then, regretted her actions when her hands grazed his unconsciously. She released the phone and bashfully looked away, hoping the ground could swallow her. She didn't wait to see his reaction as she slightly pushed back the stool and rushed back to her room.

She wanted to stop him from calling Zarah, but then, that had to happen!

She pushed the door closed before slowly walking into the room. She'd managed to escape anymore embarrassment by spending the rest of the few early morning hours while getting dressed in her room. After the Fajr prayer which they'd performed together, she couldn't help the hopefulness of praying behind Turaad again, whilst listening to his heart mollifying recitation.

For her, even getting a basket filled up to the brim with awara wouldn't suffice the feeling she got when he recited. She wished it never had ended and lasted for a lifetime, no! Not because he's her husband, but because he recited her favorite portion of the Quran, reminding her of all the blessings after hardship, and all that awaits the believers after death. Indeed Islam is of the truth!

She looked away from the vanity table and paused from fighting with the head tie, which she's been on for minutes she can't count. She heard the slight knocking ones more before she finally made her way to the door. Ignoring how her heart leaped at the realization of the person behind the door, she levered it open.

"Oh Zarah!," she moved away faintly, giving Zarah way to walk in. She hated the fact that she felt a little bit disappointed, seeing it wasn't Muhammad at the door, but then, thankfully, she managed a smile. "Good morning,"

"Morning! I hope you're loving it here," Zarah looked like the crazy teen she's, wearing a knee length pink trouser, matching perfect with her baggy baby-pink shirt, while her veil's carelessly placed on her head. "I brought you some food, Muhammad's already arranging the table," she turned as she placed the white shopping bag on one of the couches.

"Oh! Let's go then, I'll help and then we all eat," Ruwaida smiled as she walked to the door but then, stopped and turned, only to see Zarah still standing in the positions she'd been, only that now, she'd a shocked expression.

"What do you mean 'we? I'm not joining you two, in fact, I want to go back to sleep, my class is by 10 AM and it's already 8:30 abeg," she shook her head and walked passed Ruwaida, waiting not for her reply. She can't just sit along with the newly weds and expect everything about her day to be normal.

Ruwaida nevertheless closed the door and walked to the dinning, finding Muhammad already taking up the platter spoon to serve himself. And when he saw her, he looked a bit embarrassed that he was about to eat without waiting for her, tho, that's the absolute opposite he hears his friends say they do.  "Oh! I'm sorry I started without you,"

Ruwaida fiddled with her hands as she walked to the table. "It's okay, am...I'll serve,"

Muhammad hastily shook his head and picked an empty plate from the basket brought by Zarah, then served Ruwaida with the fried chips, onion source with a flat topping of fried egg. "Come on, have a sit," she nodded affably and then took the sit by his left. Seeing that he was yet to pour himself something, she took up the flask and conveyed the two mugs to herself.

"I'll like coffee, please," she smiled nervously and then looked down at the table. She sure knows coffee, but she's absolutely clueless on how to make it, and instead of asking, she found herself scanning the container, as if she'll see a 'how to make' written somewhere, but it seemed like luck isn't on her side.

"Ya Turaad," He stopped eating and slowly looked up. "Could you show me how to use the coffee maker?," Muhammad stifled back his mocking smile, wiped his hands with the tissue and then stood up.

"Sure! You don't drink coffee do you?," She nodded as she followed behind him into the kitchen. She placed down the grounded coffee container on the counter and watched as he plugged it in then started demonstrating amusingly. "Here now, I'm going to add a cup of water, that's it! Then the filter, now I'll...," They both yawed their gazes from the maker to the door, the banging continuously, and wouldn't be called pleasant.

Muhammad grunted audibly, then marched to the door, hoping it isn't Baba Saidu. The gateman of theirs that wouldn't stop taking about everything and nothing, it doesn't matter if it concerns him or not, he'll still talk about it. He opened the door and he became astonished seeing an angrily looking Mama. He slowly moved away as she walked in, knowing that certainly something is a miss.

"Ina kwana Mama," Ruwaida stood up straight from leaning on the container and walked to greet her mother-in-law. "Ina Kwana,"

"Lafiya lau, how are you my dear," Mama smiled as she tried to mask up the real emotions she's feeling. She never expected Muhammad to disappoint her so much but then, in some way, it wasn't all his fault.

"I'm good Mama, Alhamdulillah,"

"That's good to here, Muhammad, I'll like to talk to you...now!," she suddenly sounded meticulous, and then without anyone's permission, sauntered into the living room.  Muhammad glanced over at a skeptical looking Ruwaida before joining Mama in the parlor.

"Gani Mama. (Mama I'm here),"

"Sit,"

He calculatively obliged and sat on the green fluffy rug that stipulated the moderate living room. "I hope there's nothing wrong Mama, you look worried,"

"Why didn't you tell me about your wife? Hm?," Muhammad felt his limbs sore, and his throat aching to say something in defense, but he knew he's wrong. He had so many times tried to inform Mama about Ruwaida's leukemia, but every single time he tries, something comes up and waver away his confidence. And now that she has found out, he had no shielding from her anger. "Kayimun magana (talk to me) and stop staring at the floor kamar wanda yay sata,"

"I wanted to tell you Mama, believe me, but it always skips my mind, please forgive me if you can,"

"I understand, so you didn't think it necessary to inform me? Your own mother?, am I non existent in you life now?,"

Mama sighed and stood up, totally taking him off guard. She went back to the kitchen and met Ruwaida facing the sink as she hiccuped. He also rushed into the kitchen, and seeing Mama hugging his wife, it warmed his heart, tho, he couldn't fathom Ammi's reaction when she find out. At least, Mama had always stood by him.

Love_
SilentWriter 🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 12.4K 61
•Highest Ranks• #1 - In Arewa_23rd August, 2021. #1 - In Fulani_17th September, 2021. #2 - In Part 1_19th October, 2021. #1 - In Pity_27th October...
4.3K 451 17
"Listen to me Qurratul Ayn, before you go, I want to know; did I ever offend you? Is my love for you too little?" I can feel his hand hovering over m...
2.6K 307 16
#BOOK ONE OF THE MUSLIMAH'S SERIES He met her just when he thought no woman could ever crush his ego, an egotistical conceited jerk he is and a billi...
65.4K 4.7K 24
Copyright© 2023. All rights reserved. Madina, the skillful pilot got hired to work for the most notorious former street-fighter who has managed to wo...