Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

xx

3.5K 156 59
By nojambrostan

Nayeon's POV

"I like you." Jeongyeon unexpectedly confessed to me.

"You're kidding, right?" I chuckled nervously as I asked. What's with the sudden confession? Should I believe in this? Why am I getting more anxious? Is this happening? I'm sure I'm not dreaming.

"Nayeon, hear me out first." Jeongyeon trying to calm me when she noticed how my hands were shaking, feeling uneasy.

I didn't respond and let her talk as I tried myself to calm down as well. I suddenly felt my hands cold but were getting sweaty at the same time.

"Remember two years ago when I had an accident and I wasn't able to get to class for two weeks because of my injuries?" Jeongyeon shared about her bad incident a long time ago.

It was when a reckless driver hit her on the road while she was walking on the pedestrian lane but then hit her out of nowhere. Jeongyeon's accident was severe that she had to rest in their house for weeks to recover.

"Yeah, of course. I remember." I said.

"It was that time that I realized my feelings were growing because of how you treated me. You went home to our neighborhood every single day just to visit me and bring the school works I needed to catch up just so I can't be delayed with the semester. You were there for me." I saw her smile. "Nayeon I didn't you ask to do those things but I always had you that time until now."

I was lost in my thoughts as I was striving to accept these lines she was telling me.

"Nayeon, even the slightest thing you've done so you can show how appreciated and loved I am, it was enough for me to say that I like you. How can I be so blind and dumb for not looking at you?" Should I scream now?

"Maybe I was blinded with Mina's beauty and pureness when I saw her first. I was blinded by the thought that my ideal girl will always be like Mina. But in reality, it's you that I ever wanted to be. And I got scared for admitting that I do like you more than just friends. Because in my mind I might lose you if I tell you these things."

Her speech made me giggled silently and I can't help hold my smile to her. It was kinda bit cringe and cheesy to hear those things from her. Did she get those lines in a movie? Of all the years or time she can tell me this, why now?

"Wae? Why are you laughing?" Jeongyeon's face wrinkled as she noticed how I stopped myself from laughing.

"No, I'm not." I kept my face straight as I faced her. "You think I'm joking?" She asked.

I shook my head and took a deep breath to soothe myself. "I'm still in shock, okay? You took me by surprise by confessing out of nowhere after having your break up. I don't think this includes in my expectations since I've been feeling the same way." The last words made me stop instantly. My eyes widened as I realized I confessed to her.

"What? You've been feeling the same way?" Jeongyeon repeated what I said.

I closed my eyes and buried my face on my palms feeling embarrassed and clumsy to confess to her unexpectedly.

Jeongyeon scoffed and leaned on her chair while she crossed her arms. "And you laughed at me for liking you but all this time you've been feeling the same." I looked at her feeling confused.

"Can I be honest with you? Do you think it's easy for me to handle my feelings towards my own best friend? Who expects to have a reciprocal feeling but knows that it's quite impossible to happen? Tell me." I blurted out but lowering my voice to avoid attention with the other customers.

"I don't want to rush things with you Jeongyeon. Handle your problem with Mina first and face Momo too. They need an explanation with your sudden decision. It's not that easy to get heartbroken." I told her.

Jeongyeon expression became softer after hearing me. She breathed silently and nodded. "Okay, I get it," she said. "But can I at least know if we can work it out with our situation?"

Her question got me thinking. I don't think it's a good idea if we get into conclusions after confessing our feelings to each other. Momo might kill me too.

"We'll see. Settle things with Mina and Momo then we'll talk." I can't respond yes or no to her question.

"However, how am I going to settle with Mina? I mean I already told her everything." She asked.

"Like everything?" I repeated the last word.

"Well, not technically." She rubbed her nape and faked a smile.

I shook my head feeling disappointed and somewhat dismayed. A huge part of me thinks that we'll be rushing things if we consider each other's feelings now. However, a little amount part of me wants to rush things because she already admitted that the feeling's mutual, and what is needed to delay? Goddamn it, it's not like a 1 + 1 = 2 kind of thing to answer easily.

But Nayeon + Jeongyeon can be 1 too. My inner self argued.

"Nayeon?" Jeongyeon waved her hand to catch my attention. "You're spacing out."

I blinked multiple times and realized I was thinking too much. I sighed as  I faced Jeongyeon again. "I'm sorry. Let's just go. I still have homework to make." I told her.

"Yeah, sure. But I don't think I can go home yet." And I know she meant by our dorm since Momo might be waiting for with a samurai sword or something.

"I forgot." I rested my chin on my hand trying to figure out a plan. It's not like we'll be avoiding Momo, but somewhat it's like that.

"How about I stay in your room for the meantime then I'll talk to Momo later?" Jeongyeon suggested. Well, it's not a bad idea though. However, she might be caught since my room is just on the same floor as them.

"Are you sure you won't be caught when you sneak into my room?" I asked just making sure with her plan.

"I'll find a way. Go to your room first then text me if the coast's clear. And I'll use the fire exit to sneak in. It's an advantage since your room's closer to the fire exit." Jeongyeon explained. It was not a bad idea she planned. I guess she got lucky my room is indeed closer to the fire exit.

"Okay, then. Whatever works for you." I said.

- - -

Jeongyeon and I went back to our dorm. It was almost dark when we arrived. We both decided to have take-outs and have our dinner in my room. That's if she gets into my room successfully. As we enter the main hall of the building, it was peaceful and quiet. Tomorrow is already Monday so maybe most of the students are inside of their rooms. Plus our midterm's week is fast approaching.

I went upstairs directly while Jeongyeon went at the back of the building to use the fire exit. When I reached my floor, neither Momo nor Mina was found. So basically, they're in their rooms.

However, I saw Dahyun coming out of our room. I walked through her and she saw me instantly.

"Unnie, welcome home." She smiled as she greeted.

"Hey, thanks." I smiled back. "Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Dinner. Have you taken yours?"

"Well, the thing is I have a friend coming over in our room with some take-outs. You wouldn't mind, would you?" I forgot about Dahyun being my roommate. I should've asked her first before agreeing with Jeongyeon's plan.

"Sure. No big deal, unnie. I might be back late later. I need to see someone just outside the university." That's a piece of good news. Luck must have been sticking around this time for us.

"I see. You take care of yourself, Dahyunie. I'll go inside now."

Dahyun bid her goodbye and walked through the hall. I took a deep breath and went inside my room. I peeked through the door to make sure the hallways empty and texted Jeongyeon to get inside.

The fire exit door suddenly clicks as someone turned the knob. Jeongyeon then peeked through the door looking for me. I waved my hand to get her attention and signaled her to come quickly. Jeongyeon then slid inside the hall and walked faster with the take-outs we bought. I opened the door widely and luckily she got inside safe and sound.

I can hear her heaved real loud as she placed the plastic bags on the table. She was sweating and still trembling. "Relax, no one found here," I said.

"I know, I just feel kinda bit bad for sneaking in." She uttered.

I took out the food we bought from the plastic bags and prepared for us to eat. Jeongyeon sat on the floor with her legs crossed while waiting for me.

"Where's Dahyun?" She asked.

"Went out for dinner," I answered as I placed the food on the low table. I made myself comfortable as well for our dinner.

We started to dig silently when we both discovered ourselves being hungry considering we haven't eaten since breakfast. Jeongyeon was slurping too much with her cold noodles while I was munching with my chicken. This is what we usually have when we were still roommates.

A few minutes later, my phone suddenly rang when someone called me. I grabbed my phone and saw Sana's name on the screen. I sighed feeling annoyed by what she wants this time.

"Hello."

"Yah, Nayeon! Did you hear about Jeongyeon and Mina?" Her first question surprised me.

"What about them?" I acted like I didn't know anything yet.

"They already broke up! Jeongyeon confessed to Mina that she likes someone else! Omo! Who could it be?" Then I heard her giggled loudly. Aish! 

I look at Jeongyeon who was still engrossed with her food not minding my business. "Where did you hear the news?" I asked.

"I just heard it now. Chaeyoung's here in my room with Tzuyu. She seemed gloomy when she came in. That's why I asked her directly about what happened. She was with Mina the whole afternoon." Sana said. "By the way, where the hell are you?! I haven't seen you for days!" 

"I'm here in my room. I've been busy." I shortened my response as Jeongyeon was already attentive with my phone call. "Anyways, I'll hang up. I still have homework to do. Bye." I hung up my phone and continued with my food.

"I guess Sana already knew?" Jeongyeon said.

"How did you know it was Sana?" I asked confusingly.

"I heard a little bit of what you were two talking." She chuckled nervously feeling bad for eavesdropping.

"Yeah. Chaeyoung came inside their room and told them about your break up."

We both stopped with our food for a moment and internalize what's happening now. "When are you going to talk to Momo?" I asked.

Jeongyeon was about to answer when suddenly we both heard someone talking outside the front door. The door opened then it appeared Dahyun was back later than I expected.

"Yeah, she just came home." She said. She was talking to someone, "Unnie. Momo unnie is looking for you."

Momo then stood on the doorstep with her arms crossed looking at us furiously. Her face wrinkled realizing Jeongyeon was in the room with me. I dropped my chopsticks and quickly stood up to come closer to her.

"Momo, y-you're here." I was stuttering as I faced her.

Jeongyeon's POV

Momo ignored Nayeon then walked inside to face me instead. "You," Momo blurted.

I looked up to her when I suddenly felt a raging emotion intact in her voice. "I want to know at this instant why did you do that to Mina?! I wanna know why!" Momo lost her temper.

I wasn't able to answer her as I surprisingly got scared of her attitude. I avoided her furious gaze and gathered myself to take up the courage to tell her the truth. I'm tired of playing with these mind games. What's the point of lying or avoiding the whole situation?

"I like someone else, Momo. And I think you should accept that I can never be good enough for-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when I felt a stung on my left cheek.

"MOMO!" I heard everyone gasped.

Okay, this chapter is longer than my usual. Hahahaha. Anyways, thank you for the support and love, you guys. I'll do my best to continue writing this.

Please don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you and love lotsss :*
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 591 22
Im Nayeon has been in love with her childhood friend, Yoo Jeongyeon since they were kids, and she just recently become her girlfriend. What if one da...
55.9K 1.7K 16
Tzuyu is a guy here! Including Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. And everybody is the same age. Tzuyu with his dashing looks, never fail to melt teen...
27.4K 1.3K 21
❝𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚.❞ In which Yoo Jeongyeon, a no boyfriend or girlfriend since birth, lived her college life with Son...
2.9K 173 19
Mina and Chaeyoung were always too busy to worry about soulmates. Mina was knee-deep into her medical science degree program at Korea University and...