Can't Stop Me (Sick!Deku AU)

By Angelbellz

Izuku Midoriya was born an adventerous, cheerful child. He became friends with Katsuki Bakugo when they were... More

Quirks
A Promise
Suspension
Middle School
Sludge
Wake Up
Exam
Meeting Ururaka
Lunch Break
Mr Yagi
What's A Dad?
Unforeseen Situation Joint
First Encounter With Villains
So Cold
Steps
Ka-Bear
Talk
Visitation
Shitty Hair
The Sport's Festival
It Wasn't A Win
Meeting Place
Izuku's Thoughts
Uncle Noritaka
Sushi
Shut Up
The Truth
Boyfriends
Perfect Day
Too Familiar
Breathe
Plan

TA

5.5K 182 110
By Angelbellz

Izuku Midoriya

I got my grades back finally! It's been six weeks, twoish months, and now the first grading period has ended! I ran inside to tell my mom and wasn't surprised to see Mr Yagi on the couch, he had been around a lot more often recently, "Mom I got my grades back!" I don't know where she is so yelling seems effective.

"Exciting!" Mom said as she came out of the kitchen wearing a yellow apron I bought her last week. She shared a look with Mr Yagi, sometimes they had conversations without opening their mouths which is weird, "Well?" Oh right! Mom had her hand out and I handed her the envelope with my grades in it, I always let Mom see my grades before I looked myself.

Mr Yagi came to stand behind mom and I couldn't help but bounce excitedly if I got the grades I wanted I could apply to be a TA and then help Shinso! Mom purposefully took forever to open the envelope and I whined, "Shhhh~" Mom giggled.

Eventually, she opened the envelope, she looked pleased but I couldn't really tell, "Izuku..." Oh no that sounds bad. Mom looked up with a serious expression and then burst out laughing, "I'm just playing! You should've seen your face!" She pinched my cheek and I whined some more, pulling her fingers off my face.

Mr Yagi looked at the paper inside the envelope as I struggled to keep mom's fingers off my other cheek, "Good grades, kiddo. Almost perfect scores." He nodded his head once and then handed me the envelope so I could look too. He was right, almost perfect grades! It must be because Kacchan helped me study for every important assignment and test, I hear he's top of his class or somewhere close to the top.

These grades meant I could do what I've been planning to do for weeks now, "Be right back!" I ran up to my room without waiting for either of them to reply. Quickly I booted up my computer and set my report card beside the keyboard. After it turned on probably four whole minutes later I went to the UA website and then to the TA application.

The application to be a TA looks long, it's not hard but it looks super-duper long. For the next forty minutes I dedicated myself to answering over fifty questions with excruciating detail, each reply seemed to have 500+ words but I wasn't counting. The questions were pretty generic, not hard at all, they asked about my grades and class among other things.

After I finished answering all of the questions, adding my personal and contact information, I entered the application. After it successfully sent I texted Shinso and Kacchan what I'd done and got two different responses. Shinso replied with another thumbs-up emoji and Kacchan replied by calling me, oh geez I hope it's not to yell at me. Kacchan rarely texts back he prefers calling but even so it makes me nervous.

I pressed the green button after steeling my nerves and held the phone a little bit away from my ear in case Kacchan started screaming, "Are you holding the phone away from your ear again?" Kacchan's voice asked through the phone, how does he always know what I'm doing and thinking?

Guiltily I brought the phone back to my ear, "Uh...not anymore." I told him quietly to try and not making him angrier, he seemed angry.

"Well good," Kacchan started in a calm tone that all but confirmed my suspicions on his anger, "BECAUSE YOU NEED TO HEAR HOW MUCH OF A GODDAMN IDIOT YOU ARE!" He screamed and I immediately ripped the phone from my ear, "WHY WOULD YOU APPLY FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!"

"Because I want to, Kacchan!" I only realized I had raised my voice after I said it and then immediately lowered it, "S-Sorry I just-you yelled so I yelled I didn't mean to."

Kacchan was silent for a moment but eventually continued yelling though not as loud, "I don't care! You idiot! Do you know how dangerous it can be to be in around the hero course?!" Well, the questions did ask if I was aware of the danger and I am, "Is there a way to cancel an application?! Cancel it! I swear!"

I don't know if there is a way to cancel it but I don't want to, "There isn't, Kacchan. This is something I want to do!" Is this what an argument is? I don't argue with Kacchan we always get along.

"FINE!" With that I heard a beeping and looked into the phone, Kacchan had hung up on me. So he's really mad, huh? Kacchan has never hung up on me before, we always end our conversations with a goodbye because of my health. Kacchan knows what the guilt of not being able to say goodbye feels like, so...he's really mad, madder than he's ever been with me.

I looked at the background of my phone, it was a selfie Kacchan took of the both of us. It was during a festival, I don't remember what the festival was for but the selfie was when we both got Dangos and took a photo eating them. Kacchan was extra happy that day because it was his birthday and one of the only birthdays he had with both his parents home. I turned my phone off and stared at the black screen that somehow reflected my face.

I don't like fighting with my best friend and for a moment I wanted to text him to apologize but this argument wasn't started by me and the decision to be a TA is mine to make and only mine. Still...Kacchan is probably thinking about my illness so I can understand him. I need to get out, I need to not be alone. I opened up my messages with Shinso and asked if he was free, I was surprised to get a quick response.

Shinso and I set up a time to meet at a nearby Starbucks which is apparently Shinso's favorite place outside of his bed. I changed into a better outfit, the one I was wearing was just casual but I can't go out in that. I'm pretty sure Shinso is going to show up in pajamas and it's not going to surprise me.

"Hey, mom!" I yelled as I ran to the kitchen, she was chopping up some vegetables for dinner. Ever since she and Mr Yagi got serious she's been making a lot of home-cooked meals and I think it's because she has more energy now, "I'm gonna go meet with a friend from school. I'll be back for dinner though."

Mom stopped chopping her vegetables and looked up, "Alright but if it's a date you'd better tell me the details." She said with a grin that gave away what she was hinting at.

"I-It's not a date!" Mom laughed and I turned around and bumped into Mr Yagi. He caught my arm before I fell, "S-Sorry. Thanks. Bye!" He laughed too and I ran from the both of them, why do they like to tease me?

I slowed to a walk when I'd made it outside and sat down to catch my breath, I should stop running today. I'm not supposed to do anything that can be classified as exercise because of my health but I forget that often, Kacchan usually reminds me but I doubt he'd do that right now. I wish he'd hurry up and stop being mad.

After my breathing had returned to normal I got up and pulled up the directions to Starbucks on my phone, following them dutifully. When I got to the glass door I texted Shinso to ask where he was but while in the middle of typing somebody pulled me back and whispered, "Boo."

I screamed for a second before being let go, whipping around to see a laughing Shinso, "That wasn't funny!" My face heated up as I yelled at him but even as I scolded him he continued to laugh. It wasn't funny to scare people!

People were starting to stare when Shinso finally calmed down, "Come on Green Bean," Shinso continued to chuckle softly while heading inside. Shinso started calling me Green Bean awhile ago, he said it's because I'm skinny and have green hair. I didn't mind the name so I let him use it.

Shinso got into a line and I followed him, staring up at the menu. The names of the drinks sounded like attacks a hero could use, that was kind of cool. There were just so many I didn't know what to get and when it was my turn to order I panicked and just got a cookie instead, quickly paying and thanking the cashier.

Shinso looked like he wanted to laugh but he didn't and we sat down near a window, this is Shinso's usual spot so he says. I sat opposite him and begin nibbling at my cookie until Shinso spoke, "So why'd you wanna hang out? We rarely go out like this."

The way he worded his sentence made my face feel hot again. I wasn't sure if I wanted to share my fight with Kacchan because he and Shinso don't see eye to eye. They don't fight or argue but they share insults disguised as compliments and glare at each other, I don't think they know I can tell because they only do that when they think I'm not paying too much attention.

I kept eating my cookie instead of answer Shinso and he huffed, "Guess you don't want to tell me, huh?" I nodded and he shrugged, "That bad? What'd Mr Dandelion do this time?" I choked on the piece of cookie I was swallowing and looked back up at him, "What? It's all over your face. You couldn't hide who made you upset even if you tried."

I managed to swallow the rest of my cookie despite it burning my throat and then sighed, "Um well...so I told you I applied to be Eraserhead's TA, right?" Shinso nodded as an answer and I continued, "Well I also told Kacchan and he got mad and said it was too dangerous and I was making a mistake and blah blah blah and we had a fight and then he hung up without saying goodbye."

It felt wrong to share this information with Shinso, it's like I was betraying Kacchan. Shinso took the information in and then spoke, "I think he's dumb." He said bluntly, "And before you argue with me, I don't think he's dumb academically. He's obviously good at studying. I think he's dumb because he's confusing anger with other emotions."

"Other emotions?" I echoed his words and tried to understand them myself, what other emotions could Kacchan have? Worry and concern sure, that's probably it. Plus if he wasn't truly angry he would've at least said goodbye to me.

Shinso chuckled and took a long sip of whatever coffee concoction he had in his cup, "Well you two have a habit of doing that." He said but it sounded like he was saying it to himself more than to me, "Anyway you probably already understand that. The anger I mean, when Dandelion gets angry he's usually hiding a second emotion among...other things."

Shinso was always doing this, he says one thing but then says another thing but doesn't explain that other thing. It's weird. Kacchan's anger...well, it's weird. I think with those friends of his that have labelled themselves the 'BakuSquad' make him embarrassed and that's why he's always screaming at them and I'm pretty sure he was worried for me which is why he yelled at me initially but it just felt like anger in the end and not concern.

Shinso finished his drink and stood up, I quickly wolfed down my cookie to follow him. He didn't say a word which is Shinso's way of talking sometimes and we left the Starbucks, I don't know where we're going but I don't mind I just want to be with a friend right now. As we walked I felt a buzz in my pocket and got my phone out.

From: UA Secretary Office
To: Izuku Midoriya
Topic: Teacher's Assistant
Accepted

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 3.8K 39
This Is a BakuDeku fanfic. Izuku's dream of being a hero changes after he got diagnosed to be quirkless. That dream had become a distant a fantasy...
325K 11.2K 43
Completed Izuku has always been sick. He was born quirkless and has an undiagnosed illness. He's slowly dying but still seems to smile for everyone...
51.2K 1.3K 16
Izuku Midoriya was born with a combination of his mother's small telekinesis and his dad's fire breathing quirks, and merged into a very powerful py...
33.3K 786 25
Bakugou and (y/n) have been best friends since the day they were born. Bakugou was born at 11:57 pm and (y/n) was born at 12:01 am. Both of there mot...