Grouptale-Undertale AU Story

By Hawkeyes13

Au where all seven humans fall into the underground at the same time. The characters are Frisk, Ray (orange s... More

Fallen Down
Exploring the Ruins
The First Death
Sans and Papyrus
Poppy's Tainted Soul
Snowdin Town
Time With the Skelebros
Almost Becoming Human Kabobs
Fighting a Literal Dummy
Human Kabobs Galore
The Beginning of Hotland
More Faulty Cooking
Bombs, Puzzles, and Spiders
Our Lives Become a Musical
Dance, Dance, Die
New Home
Nightmare Fuel
Going Back
The True Lab
Saving the World
New Beginning

Hanging Out With Undyne

75 2 1
By Hawkeyes13

Kat's POV

"Frisk, are you sure this is a good idea?" Clover asked, trailing after Frisk. "I mean, Undyne just tried to kill us..."

"We'll be fine," Frisk replied, stopping to touch something before continuing forward. "She won't hurt us, not after Kat and I helped her." Kat nodded.

"And Papyrus will be there just in case," Teri added. Clover nodded. Poppy, who they had invited to hang out as well, walked by Cover's side. Frisk lead them group down a new hallway. Before them, stood a strange house seemingly made of scales with two windows in the shape of narrowed eyes and a door shaped like sharp teeth. The entire house looked like an angry fish, fitting for Undyne. Papyrus stood at the front.

"OHO! THE HUMANS ARRIVE! ARE YOU READY TO HANG OUT WITH UNDYNE? I HAVE A PLAN TO MAKE YOU ALL GREAT FRIENDS WITH HER!"

"Yes," Frisk replied with a nod.

"OKAY! STAND BEHIND ME!" The group line up single file behind Papyrus. He knocked on the door. Moments later, the teeth moved open like a mouth, revealing Undyne.

"Hi, Papyrus," she greeted with a smile. "Ready for your extra-private one-on-one training?"

"YOU BET I AM! AND I BROUGHT SOME FRIENDS!" Papyrus stepped out of the way, revealing the line of humans, with Frisk at the front.

"Hi I don't think we've-" Undyne paused when she glanced down at them. Her eye narrowed. She shot a glance at Papyrus, who continued to smile brightly. "Why don't. You guys. Come in?" she growled through clenched teeth. Undyne and Papyrus disappeared into the house. The group followed.

"HERE, UNDYNE. MY FRIENDS BROUGHT A GIFT FOR YOU. ON THEIR OWN." Papyrus pulled out a bone with a ribbon wrapped around it.

"Uh... thanks." Undyne took the bone. "I'll, uh, put it with the others." She opened a drawer, revealing an entire stash of bones just like the one she'd just been given. Undyne put the bone in and walked back to the others. "So, are we ready to start?"

"WHOOPSY DOOPSY I JUST REMEMBERED. I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. YOU TWO HAVE FUN." Papyrus turned and booked it for the window, shattering it to pieces as he slammed through it headfirst. He even flipped around as he did.

"WHAT THE HECK?!" Poppy exclaimed, jumping back. Clover covered his mouth with his fist as he chuckled. Kat stared wide-eyed at the broken window.

"So why are YOU here?" Undyne demanded, turning to the others. "To rub your victory in my face? To humiliate me even further? IS THAT IT?"

"What? No!" Frisk gasped, taking a step toward her.

"We aren't like that!" Kat added. Everyone else gasps and protests muddled together.

"Then why are you here?" she asked, glancing at the ground. After a slight pause, she glared back at them. "Wait, I get it. You think that I'm gonna be friends with you, huh?"

"Why not?" Kat asked, her eyes bright with hope.

"Really?" Undyne's expression twisted into one amusement. "How delightful! I accept! Let's all frolick in the fields of friendship!" Wait really?! Undyne glared at the group. "NOT!" Kat's smile faded. "WHY would I EVER be friends with any of YOU?! If you weren't my houseguests, I'd beat you up right now! You're the enemies of everyone's hopes and dreams! I WILL NEVER BE YOUR FRIEND. Now get out of my house!"

"Fine," Clover grunted turning around.

"DANG! WHAT A SHAME..." Kat flinched, turning to see Papyrus's head poking through the destroyed window. "I THOUGHT UNDYNE COULD BE FRIENDS WITH YOU BUT I GUESS... I OVERESTIMATED HER. I BET SHE COULDN'T BE FRIENDS WITH ONE OF YOU, LET ALONE SIX. SHE'S JUST NOT UP TO THE CHALLENGE."

Undyne glared at Papyrus just before he ran away. "CHALLENGE?! What?! Papyrus! Wait a second...!" She turned back to the group. "Darnit! He thinks I can't be friends with you?!" She chuckled. "What a joke! I could make friends with wimpy losers like you any day! I'll show him!"

"Um... I don't appreciate being called a loser-"

Undyne cut Kat off. "Listen up humans. We're not just going to be friends. We're going to be... besties!" She pressed her hands against her cheeks. "I'll make you like me so much... You won't be able to think of anyone else."

"Good luck with that," Poppy muttered, clutching her notebook.

Undyne laughed. "It's the PERFECT REVENGE!." She paused before clasping her hands together and smiling. "Why don't you have a seat?"

"Um..." Cover pointed to a large sword, that leaned on the wall just by the table. "What's with the sword?"

"It's a giant sword," Undyne replied, still keeping her smile. "Humans suck but their history... kinda rules. Historically, humans wielded swords up to ten times their size. RIGHT?"

"Uh..." Clover's head tilted to the side. "That doesn't sound right..."

"It's not," Poppy replied bluntly.

"Pfft. You liar! I've READ Alphys's human history book collection! I know all about your giant swords... Your colossal alien-fighting robots... Your supernatural princesses." Undyne stopped as laughter filled the room. Kat glanced at Teri to see her clutching her stomach as she cackled.

"Are you... talking about... anime?" she asked, through her fit of laughter. She struggled to stand. "Look, I wish it was real too but it's not."

"Uh huh sure," Undyne grunted, glaring at Teri. "There's no way you're gonna fool me."

"What's with the piano?" Kat asked, pointing to it.

"It was a gift..." Undyne informed. "I don't really play. Oh, one time Alphys's... Uh, friend? Came over here. All he did was lie seductively on the piano... and fed himself grapes." Kat raised an eyebrow.

Poppy smirked. "Sounds hot," she commented, nudging Teri's shoulder. Teri nudged her back, her cheeks turning red.

"I said that one time," Teri muttered, clenching her fists. "About one character. Once. Literally never again."

"Who's the person?" Kat asked, trying to change the subject.

"His name's Mettaton," Undyne answered, with a shrug. "He's some TV star. I don't really like him, but I admire his lifestyle." If he's the next monster that tries to kill us, I'm gonna lose my mind.

"What's through here?" Frisk asked, pointing at a door next to the counter.

"My room? You wanna see my room?" Frisk nodded. "TOO BAD! No nerds allowed!" Her gaze softened. "Well... maybe, some nerds." She cleared her throat. "Anyways... why don't you all take a seat at the table or something?" Clover shrugged and sat down in the seat. The others sat down on the ground, resting their arms on the table.

"Comfortable?" Kat nodded. "I'll get you something to drink." Undyne opened the fridge, to which a burst of hot air drifted into the room. Clover flinched back. Undyne took out several things, placing them all of the counter. "All set! What would you like?"

"Um..." Clover stood up. Kat flinched as a blue flash shot through the air, snapping the table in half. A spear was now lodged in it.

"HEY! DON'T GET UP!" Undyne snapped. "YOU'RE THE GUESTS! SIT DOWN AND ENJOY YOURSELVES!" Undyne smiled again, sweat dripping down her forehead. "Um, why not just point to what you want? You can use the spear."

"Okay," Frisk snickered, grabbing the spear. They pointed it at Undyne.

She raised an eyebrow. "Uh... I meant at a drink... are you hitting on me?"
Poppy giggled. "Can you blame them for mistaking you for a tall glass of water?" What? Everyone, even Undyne, glanced at Poppy with raised eyebrows. "Uh... nevermind..."

Clover took the spear. "Can I have that?" he asked, pointing at the sword.

Undyne's lip twitched up for a moment. "Believe me, I would GLADLY give you your fill of swords. If you weren't my beloved houseguest!"

Clover's eyes widened. "That's not really what I meant but okay..." Frisk took the spear again, pointing it at some coloured boxes.

"I think we'll just have tea all around," Frisk replied, looking at the others. They all nodded.

"Tea, huh? Coming right up." Undyne walked to the counter, setting up the tea and boiling a pot of water on the stove. "It'll take a moment for the water to boil." Seconds later, Undyne was already pouring cups of tea. How high did she set the stove?! Undyne walked to the table, sliding the cups across the table to each of them. "Careful, it's hot," she informed, sitting across from them. Kat tapped the cup, immediately jerking back as it burned her finger. "It's not THAT hot!" Undyne snapped, "Just drink it already!" Kat took the cup in his hands, tensing as she poured some tea into her mouth. It burned her mouth like fire, leaving her throat dry. Kat coughed. "How is it?"

"It's good," she replied, wiping her mouth.

"Only the best for my ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS FRIENDS!" Undyne forced another smile, her voice uncharacteristically chipper. All of them sipped on the tea.

"You know... it's kind of strange you chose THAT tea: golden flower tea... that's Asgore's favourite kind. Actually, now that I think about it... you guys kind of remind me of him. You're all total weenies!"

"Hey!" Ray protested, raising his fist. Frisk blocked him with their arm. Ray sat down. "I wasn't gonna do anything," he grunted, crossing his arms.

Undyne cracked a smile. "You know, I was kinda like you when I was a kid." She pointed at Ray. "Once, to prove I was strongest, I tried to fight Asgore. Emphasis on tried. I couldn't land a single blow on him and worse, the whole time, he refused to fight back! I was so humiliated... Afterwards, he apologized and said something goofy." Undyne deepened her voice. "Excuse me, do you want to know how to beat me?" Kat and Teri giggled at the impression. "I said yes and from then on, he trained me. One day, during practice, I finally knocked him down. I felt... bad, but he was beaming. I had never seen someone more proud to get their butt kicked. Anyways, long story short, he kept training me... and now I'm the head of the Royal Guard. So I'm the one who gets to train dorks to fight."

"Like Papyrus?" Kat asked, taking a sip of tea.

"Uh, yeah... like him... but um, to be honest, I don't know if... I can ever let him into the Royal Guard." Gasps erupted from the kids. "Don't tell him I said that!"

"Why can't he join?" Teri asked, tilting her head to the side. "Is he too weak or something?"

"No!" Undyne gasped. "He's pretty freaking tough, actually." Yeah, we have experience to back that up, Kat thought, sipping the last of her tea. "It's just that... he's... he's too innocent and nice!" Okay that's true. "I mean, look, he was supposed to capture you, and he ended up being friends with you instead. I could never send him into battle. He would get ripped into little smiling shreds!"

"Yeah, you're probably right," Teri admitted with a shrug.

"Not that that's a bad thing!" Ray added.

Undyne nodded. "That's part of why I started teaching him how to cook, you know? So, um, maybe he could do something else with his life."

"Uh... Undyne." Undyne glanced at Kat. "I'm... out of tea."

"Oh... sorry, I was talking for so long I didn't realize... I'll get you some more." Undyne took Kat's cup. She stopped in the middle of the room, her eye suddenly widening. "Wait a second... Papyrus... his cooking lesson. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THAT RIGHT NOW! And if HE'S not here to have it, YOU'LL HAVE TO HAVE IT FOR HIM." Undyne leapt into the air, landing on the counter. She ran across the countertop, knocking everything off it like an angry cat. "That's right! Nothing has brought Papyrus and I closer than cooking! Which means that if I give you his lesson... WE'LL BECOME CLOSER THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE." She chuckled to herself. "Afraid?! We're gonna be best friends!" Undyne lunged at the kids, grabbing Frisk and Clover by their heads she shopped back to the counter. Clover's eyes widened before he was put down in front of the counter.

"Cooking?!" Kat exclaimed, rushing toward the counter. "Heck yes!" The others followed her lead, their eyes wide. However, Kat's eyes were bright.

"Let's start with the sauce!" Undyne stomped and several fell from the ceiling, landing harmlessly on the counter. HOW?! "Envision these vegetables as your greatest enemy! Now, pound them to dust with your fists!" Kat obliged, punching the tomato down into the counter. Ray grabbed two tomatoes, throwing them at the wall with a yowl as Clover, Teri, and Poppy punched the tomatoes into the counter. Frisk meanwhile pet the tomatoes like puppies. Undyne joined in, uppercutting the rest of the pile into the wall, spraying tomato sauce everywhere. Some of it splashed into Kat's face. This is a little intense. "Uh, we'll just scrape this into a bowl later... But for now!" Undyne stomped again, making a noodle pack and pot appear on the stove. They all crowded around the stove. "We add the noodles!" Kat picked up the package.

"Store Bought?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"They're cheaper!" Undyne exclaimed, tearing open the package. "Now, put these in the pot." Ray grabbed the package before Kat could. He slammed the entire package into the pot like a basketball player doing a slam dunk.

"Are you crazy?!" Kat exclaimed, grabbing the box and tossing it aside.

"YES!" Ray exclaimed, holding up his fists.

"YEAH! I'M INTO IT!" Oh god, they're terrible at cooking.

"Alright! Now it's time to stir the pasta! As a general rule of thumb, the more you stir... THE BETTER IT IS. Ready? Let's do it!" Ray grabbed the spoon before Kat could, spinning it in the bowl of noodles. Drops of boiling water sprayed all over the place. Some of the noodles even cracked as Ray smacked them with the spoon, flying through the air like birds. All while Undyne yelled at him to go faster. Kat facepalmed, shaking her head.

"UGH! LET ME DO IT!" Undyne exclaimed. A spear summoned above the pot, smashing it several times before leaving a flattened piece of metal behind. Water leaked out of the pot and some of the noodles dripped out. Undyne cackled. "That's the stuff! Alright, now for the final step: TURN UP THE HEAT! Let the stovetop symbolize your passion! Let your hopes and dreams turn into the burning fire! READY? Don't hold anything back!" Clover took the lead this time, turning the knob a bit to the right. "Hotter!" Clover kept turning the dial. Flames formed beneath the pot, eventually covering the pot in a wall of fire. Yet Undyne still demanded it be hotter. "HOTTER!!!!!!" Kat took a step back as the fire consumed most of the stovetop. "Wait that's too-" Undyne was cut off by a bright flash. Kat turned away, shielding her eyes with her arm. When the light cleared, Kat looked around to see the smashed pot now charred black with a cloud of smoke coming off of it and fire littered random spots in the room. "Ah. Man, no wonder Papyrus sucks at cooking."

"Yeah, no wonder," Poppy muttered, wiping her glasses.

"So what's next? Scrapbooking? Friendship bracelets?" No one replied. Undyne paused before letting out a sigh. "Oh, who am I kidding. I really screwed this up, didn't I?"

"Kinda," Ray muttered, poking at the ground with his foot.

"I can't force you to like me, humans," Undyne continued, "Some people just don't get along with each other. I understand if you feel that way about me." No, you're pretty cool, actually. "And if we can't be friends... That's okay. Because if we're not friends... IT MEANS I CAN DESTROY YOU WITHOUT REGRET!" Kat jumped as everyone's souls appeared. Undyne pulled out a spear. "I've been defeated... my house is in shambles... I even failed to befriend you. That's it. I don't care if you're my guests anymore. One final rematch! All out on both sides! IT'S THE ONLY WAY I CAN REGAIN MY LOST PRIDE! NOW COME ON! HIT ME WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!" Shaking, Kat stared at Undyne with her jaw dropped.

"No!" she gasped, taking a step back. The others stood paralyzed, staring at Undyne with similar looks of shock and fear.

"I've got this," Frisk informed, taking a step forward. Their arms shook as they raised their stick in the air and swung it at Undyne. Frisk dropped their stick, gasping. However, Undyne didn't flinch, there wasn't even a mark on her. She glared at the group.

"What? That's the best you can manage?!" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Even attacking at full force... You just can't muster any intent to hurt me, huh?" She paused, letting out a sigh. "Heh, you know what?" Undyne dropped her spear, standing up straight. "I don't actually want to hurt you either. At first, I hated your stupid saccharine shtick, but... the way you hit me right now, it... Reminded of someone I used to train with." Asgore.... "Now I know you aren't just some wimpy losers." Ray's eyes narrowed."You're wimpy losers with big hearts!"

Kat couldn't help but smile. "Thanks!"

"Just like him..." Undyne added with a sigh. She paused. "Listen, humans. It seems that you and Asgore are fated to fight, but knowing him... He probably doesn't want to. Talk to him. I'm sure you can persuade him to let you go home. Eventually, some mean humans will fall down here and I'll take their souls instead. That makes sense, right?" she forced a laugh. "Oh, and if you DO hurt Asgore..." Her eye narrowed. "I'll cross the barrier and beat the hell out of you!" Kat's eyes widened. "That's what friends are for, right?"

"Yeah..." Kat's voice shook as she spoke. "Sure..."

Undyen chuckled. "Now, let's all get the hell out of this flaming house." Kat nodded vigorously. Their souls all disappeared. The group followed Undyne out the door, stopping just outside the flaming house.

"Well, that was fun, huh?" Undyne was smiling, though much more genuinely than before. "We'll have to hang out another time! But, uh, somewhere else I guess. In the meantime, I guess I'll go hang with Papyrus. So if you need me, drop by Snowdin, OK?! OH! And if you ever need help... Just give Papyrus a ring, ok? Since we're in the same spot, I'll be able to talk too! Well, see ya later punks." Undyne wandered off. Frisk lead the group away from the flaming house.

"She's intense..." Kat commented, shaking as she walked.

"Still cool though!" Ray replied, his eyes lighting up. "I almost regret punching her in the face!"

Clover chuckled. "Undyne is pretty great."

"Maybe a little crazy though," Poppy added, with a giggle. Everyone nodded. "Anyways, I should be getting back to Napstablook's place," she replied, pointing down one of the halls. "We were in the middle of writing a song when you dropped by."

"You're leaving already?" Clover asked, his eyes filling with sadness. "But you just... got here."

"I'm not leaving forever," Poppy replied, rolling her eyes. "I'll catch up later, promise." Clover let out a sigh, but nodded anyways. "And watch Ray for me, will ya?"

"I don't need to be watched!" Ray protested, his fists clenching. "I'm eight, that's only two years younger than most of you!"

"You're still the baby of the group though," Teri teased, ruffling Ray's hair. Ray let out a grunt.

"Well, see ya guys later," Poppy waved before turning and stalking away.

"Bye, Poppy!" Teri called, waving back. Kat, Frisk, and Clover waved as well. Frisk lead them down the next hallway, skidding to a halt between the shop and another hall.

"What's down there?" Kat asked, pointing down the hall.

"Don't know," Frisk replied with a shrug. "Let's go check it out." They lead the group down the hallway. A river stood ahead, where a hooded figure stood in a boat.

"Tra la la I am the Riverman," the figure informed. "Or am I the Riverwoman? It doesn't really matter. I love to ride in my boat. Would you care to join me?"

"Sure," Kat replied, stepping into the boat.

'Where to?" the figure asked.

"Can you take us to that lava land?" Teri asked, sitting down beside Kat.

"Hotland? Sure thing. Hop on." Clover, Ray, and Frisk stepped onto the boat, wrapping their arms around each other. "Then we're off." Beneath them, the legs of the boat kicked up water as it moved forward. Kat raised an eyebrow at the movement. After a while, the boat screeched to a halt in front of a piece of land. The group stepped off the boat. "Come again some time, tra la la."

"Thank you!" Kat called as she followed the others down the hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 39 16
Seven. Seven human souls and we will be free from the underground. Six. That's how many we have so far. But first, I will tell you of their stories:...
6.5K 116 26
This is a chariskriel or Chara x Frisk x Asriel story This takes place in an undertale au where monsters won the monster and human war instead of hum...
14K 96 27
The barrier is broken, monsters and humans are living in peace, everyone is happy except for one person. Frisk has been getting waking nightmares abo...
1.8K 77 25
One human child, with the soul and power of Determination, has become genocidal and fearful of monsters. Except for two. He come across two skeleton...