But, you're just a computer...

By batsbatzbats

~On Hiatus~ Cover art is mine (^w^)] ⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️ Angst! Cutting! Talks about sensitive topics such a... More

What is a "Squip"? - Chapter 1
Your Squip - Chapter 2
A new bestfriend? - Chapter 3
god damn it, LET ME CUDDLE YOU! - Chapter 4
'Cool kids' - Chapter 5
They're not all that bad... - Chapter 6
Deep in thought - Chapter 7
The Other Squips - Chapter 8
Wanna be lazy together? - Chapter 9
Sexy Shopping - Chapter 10
I'm always here... - Chapter 11
Michael- I'm sorry! Okay?! - Chapter 12
Michael's solution - Chapter 14
Jeremy, what is wrong with you? - Chapter 15
Was that a mistake? - Chapter 16
I just wanna talk about you guys for a moment
But is he really sorry? - Chapter 17
Ups and Down - Chapter 18
Small thing I'm wondering about
Laying on the floor, crying, and eating Spaghetti - Chapter 19
Yo, new book out

Inside your head - Chapter 13

1.3K 43 113
By batsbatzbats

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

I stumbled down the stairs with Eric floating behind me. He's been trying to cheer me up all morning by saying sweet nothing to me, it's really nice, and I do like them occasionally, but after a while, they felt forced. Even though I knew Eric meant every word when he said, "I care for you," or "You're the most wonderful person I've ever been programmed to see." Of course they're sweet, and of course I like listening to them. I just somehow have convinced myself that he doesn't mean them.

I walked into the kitchen to see my mom leaning on the wall, reading something on her phone as she drank some coffee.

"Hey mum," I meekly waved at her.

My mom looked up at me and smiled. "Hello dear," she gestured with her hand, which had her phone in it, at a cup. "I knew you would be tired, so I brewed up another cup of coffee for you." She grinned.

I smiled and took the cup. I began to drink it. To be honest, I'm practically addicted to caffeine. I can't live without it.

"Hey, Hunny? Can I ask you something?" My mom started.

I nodded. "Of course, anything." I complied, sipping my coffee.

My mother's face twisted in a nervous way. "Well, last night you came home crying, did something happen at Michael's?" She asked, a worried look lingered in her eyes.

I mildly choked on my drink as the memory of last night came flooding in. "I Uh..." I glanced at Eric who looked extremely worried. "He and I just got into a fight..." I bluntly put it.

My mother nodded. "Poor thing, I hope you and him fix things up with each other, I really do like Michael..." She said.

I gazed at the floor. "I do too..."

Eric put a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, he's just worried about you and just doesn't know how to show it."

I looked up at Eric and weakly smiled. "I hope you're right..."​

As if on cue, my phone got a text.

Qween Chlo: Hay, I'm coming to pick you up rn, get ready to hop in

I quietly chuckled at her text and responded almost immediately.

You: Alright, be out in a sec

I put my phone back in my pocket and averted my gaze back to my mother. "Sorry to but this short mum, but my friend Chloe is coming to pick me up, so I need to head outside."

My mom smiled. "Alright, bye dear." She kissed me cheek and I waved to her as I walked out the door.

I walked over to the sidewalk to see Chloe pulling up onto my street. I flagged her down and got in her car. "Ciao." Chloe welcomed.

"She welcomes in Italian, reply in French."

"Bonjour Chloe." I waved with a smile. I buckled myself in and Chloe began o drive. "What's your first class?" I asked Chloe.

Chloe gave me a confused glance. "Uh, Y/n, we skip our first class, remember?" She pointed out.

A lump grew in my throat. "O-oh yeah! Sorry, I... forgot!" I nervously chuckled. "Wow, really Y/n? You're so stupid." I mentally cursed at myself.

Those words didn't necessarily mean anything to me in a harmful way, but for Eric, he went into a full-blown panic. Eric materialized in front of me and hugged me extremely tightly.

——The Squip's (Eric's) POV!——

I pressed my face onto her shoulder. "You're not stupid, please don't say such things." I desperately cried out.

I could feel warm tears well up in my eyes, threatening to spill. I could never let Y/n see me cry, she can't tell that I'm breaking with her, she just needs to focus on herself and ignore my confusing feelings.

Y/n discreetly put her hand on my back. "It's okay, I'm okay, we're okay. No need to get so worked up, Eric." Y/n answered with a slight chuckle.

I was going to back away from her, but I can't let her see me cry, I just can't, so I just dematerialized so she can't see me, she can just hear me.

"I apologize for that, that unprofessional." I straighten my tie, not that she be able to see it through.

She smiled. "It's okay, you're just worried, nothing unprofessional about that, Eric." She reassured me.

If only she knew of all of these other feelings I had for her, those definitely are unprofessional, but I can't bring myself to tell her about that. "Yeah... Worried..."

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

That was a little strange of Eric... Is he okay? Should I ask him about it? I probably shouldn't, he's under enough stress as it is, so I shouldn't pester him about it.

The car turned off. "Okay Y/n, we're here," Chloe said, unbuckling herself.

I slightly nodded and slid out of my seat onto the ground. Chloe locked the car and so she and I began to walk towards the front door. Not even a second later, I witnessed a small man with a red streak in his hair jump out of a second story and plummet to the ground, and to add onto all of that, he was only wearing pants.

I facepalmed. "Rich, what the fuck are you doing?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

Before Rich could answer, Jake's head popped out of the window. "WHOOOO! WE GOT THAT ON VIDEO!!!" Jake yelled. "Oh, hey Y/n." He calmed down.

"Smooth." I slightly chuckled out. I walked over to where Rich was and helped him up off the ground. "Anyone want to tell me why my smol red bean jumped out a window?"

Now Brooke's head was out the window. "Jake said, and I quote: 'Bet you won't jump out the window', And then Rich looked at Jake and said: '... Bet...' and here we are." Brooke explained.

I slightly rolled my eyes in a playful manner and took Chloe and Rich to the front door which was unlocked. The three of us entered and closed the door behind us to then hear Jake and Brooke walk down the stairs. Well, I thought it was just Brooke and Jake, but when I saw Jeremy behind them, I was a little startled.

"Jeremy?" I hesitantly called out to him.

"What's up, Y/n?" He replied with. Actually, I could tell that his Squip told him to say that, it was too obvious to me, Jeremy would never say 'what's up' naturally, that's just not how his brain is wired. He was out of character, and, I couldn't tell why, but it made me slightly sick to my stomach to see him this way.

I put my arms behind my back and weakly scratched my palms. "Er, it's going fine," I turned to Rich. "Yo, Richard, mind if I step to your kitchen to grab something to drink?" I asked, trying to escape the conversation.

Rich shrugged. "Sure, just keep walking down the hall, you'll get to it later." He said. I nodded and exited. Thank god. I can't talk to Jeremy right now. Especially because I know that his Keanu-Squip would listen in and just continue to use Jeremy as his own husk.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge looking for something to drink. I glanced around before settling on some orange juice. I pulled it out of the fridge and began to pour myself a cup.

"How's my favorite girl?" Keanu-Squip asked. I saw his condescending smirk from the corner of my eye, god how it disgusted me. I ignored him and continued to make my glass of o-jay. "What? No 'Hello'? I thought you can I had something~." Keanu acted hurt.

"Piss. Off." I quietly said to him.

Keanu put his hand over where his heart would be. "Y/n!" He gasped. "How could you be mean to me?"

"Maybe because I don't like you." I whisper-yelled.

Keanu dropped his 'caring' act. "Alright, whatever. I really wanted to talk to you, you intrigue me." He slightly smirked.

"Why would I want to talk to you?" I mumbled. I finally turned around to look at him properly with my cup in hand. He had this strange smirked, I don't know of a way to describe it. "You drove Jeremy away from Michael and me."

Keanu crossed his arms with his still lingering smirk. "I haven't done anything of the sort. I'm only following Jeremy's goal. His goal is to be popular and to get ladies." He explained, straightening his tie. "All I've done is influence some decisions, I wouldn't make him go immoral."

My eyes slightly widened. "Wait, when you say that you wouldn't make him go immoral, does that mean that it's within his morals to abandon his best friends?" I asked, I could hear the hope draining from my quiet voice.

"Precisely. In fact, it had always been in the back of Jeremy's mind to leave you guys for better friends." Keanu shifted his body weight and leaned towards my face. "Although, I don't see why he would ever want to leave this beauty." Keanu swiftly got close to my face and put his hand under my chin. The motion didn't sit right in my stomach.

"Jeremy... wanted to leave Michael and me..." I breathed out, walking away from Keanu. I put my hand on my forehead, "Why would he do that?"

Keanu turned to look at me again, he smirked greatly. "Because he doesn't care about you nor Michael, he never has."

Heart? Yeah, that's broken now.

I slowly placed my hand on my wrist, I could feel my pulse beating incredibly fast...

Jeremy never liked me... So he was just a fake friend? He never cared? Why am I so fucking dumb...?

Eric.

Where are you?

——The Squip's (Eric's) POV!——

I wanted to just stay in Y/n's head so I could figure some things out, I never intended for this to happen.

Something just isn't right with Jeremy's Squip. He's been refusing to go through with his upcoming and past updates, if he continues to do so, then he'll spiral out of control and become defective.

But this is just crossing the line.

We're programmed in a way so we can help our hosts, while either staying out of other Squip's way or if we're synced, help them in any way possible that would benefit the both of us.

But then why is Jeremy's Squip going against his codes?

He's completely destroying the work that I've done on Y/n. He's supposed to be helping her in a way, not drive her closer to suicide.

I clench my fists and materialize in front of Y/n and Jeremy's Squip, I glared at him intensely. "Get the fuck away from her, you scrap of code," I demanded.

Jeremy's Squip put his arms up. "Alright," He smirked. "Just remember, he never- ever considered you a friend, and you'll never be anything, you attention seeking whore." And just like that, he was gone.

I turned to Y/n. Tears began to spill as her lips quivered. Y/n put her hand on her mouth my muffle any sounds.

I reached out to her and touched a strand of loose hair. "Don't listen to him, you're an amazing person. You are such an incredible person, I don't know why you would even consider otherwise."

"Shut..." She originally said in her head. "Up..." she finished aloud.

"W-what? I'm just praising you, I'm always here for you-"

"SHUTUP!" She yelled. All went silent. Y/n immediately noticed her mistake and pulled her phone out to mimic as if she was on the phone if anyone walked in.

"Y-y/n...?" I stammered.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows to look aggravated, although her attempts were futile, it was clear she was going to cry more. "Just shut up! You're not making this situation any better!" She yelled.

Brooke, Chloe, and Jake all walked into the kitchen to see what the commotion was about. "Y/n, I'm just trying to help..."

"Well, you're not helping! Why can't you see that he's right?" Y/n voice cracked. "Why else would he just leave us so easily? Huh?!" She asked, well, more like demanded to know. "Why can't you see that he doesn't care! He never did!"

I tried to walk closer to her, but she just calmly backed away. "Y/n, of course, he cares! It's just his Squip is trying to get inside your head!"

Y/n breathing hitched.

Wait, why were we fighting again? Why has this become some kind of argument?

Y/n glare softened a bit. "He doesn't care about a piece of shit like me! He never has!" She yelled. Everyone's eyes widened when she said that, Brooke tried to approach her, but hesitated and stopped. "I wish you could just deactivate!" She yelled.

My vision became pixelated as I unwillingly traveled back to her brain. Why are you denying my help Y/n?

Please...

I wanna help you...

I need to help you...

Please...

"I love you..." 

~

A/N

~

I'm sorry about the wait just for this short chapter! Like I said earlier, I accidentally deleted it so I tried to re-write it as best as I could!

~

Word Count: 2124

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 68 17
The SQUIP has happened. Michael saved the day, Jeremy got the girl, everything is perfect... right? Only Jeremy may or may not have realized his feel...
265 20 21
It's a Boyf-Riends story. So right after the events of Be More Chill, Christine and Jeremy end up together. Like a month later, Michael and Rich star...
339K 10.8K 109
I am pretty sure the title says it all. Don't expect an update schedule. Contains: -AUs -Suicide -Death -Self harm -Homophobia -Swearing -Angst -Fl...
30.1K 916 22
[art credit goes to amelia dear on pinterest] [lowercase aesthetic not used in story] michael mell thought he disliked- no, hated- rich goranski. for...