Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)

471 26 121
By NurainiSalleh

Hi! My name is Aini, This is my very first story and I did feel anxious publishing it. I wanted to write to express my creativity and share my writing with others, hopefully, you guys like my story as much as I loved writing it. :)

I would also like to ask you guys if you find my story in any other languages or even in English almost an exact copy of mine or is copy-paste from my story even from outside the app please DM me by wattpad message.

Note: This story is pure fiction any places, people, or events are coincidental ( If I am saying that right.) - please correct me. Again it's all fiction.

Please Support my writing on my Patreon and Kofi-in a jar page, link for one and the Patreon page name in my profile page:

https://ko-fi.com/ainiwrites

https://www.patreon.com/Ainiwrites

Life is full of unexpected coincidences, it could be good or it could be bad. To some people, it is a blessing in disguise, and to others just an unfortunate coincidence with no explanation whatsoever, we just have to make the best out of it. But no, everything happens for a reason and nothing is just black and white, that is just Fate...

The sky was dark, the sound of the thunder grew louder every hour and the rain grew heavier every second, and a neighborhood was silent only hearing the splashing sound of the water from the rain. It was almost 2 in the morning and one family would be getting a little surprise.

The doorbell suddenly rang continuously non-stop which made the babies in the house start crying from the nursery.

"Alright already, I'm coming!!" James groaned and shouted while rubbing his eyes as he slowly sat up from the bed.

"Me too honey, I need to calm the boys down again." Emily yawned as she also sat up from the bed and started wearing her room slippers.

"Gosh, They never stop crying, Why did we have kids anyway?" said James while getting out of bed

Emily's eyes widen, and she immediately turns around and looks at her husband angrily.

" Because we love each other and agreed to start a family together and what's wrong with our kids?!" Emily shouted at James while the kids cried louder.

James looked at her nervously "No honey.. nothing, that's not what I meant um.. I think I'm going to answer the door now and see who is ringing the doorbell." said James fidgeting as he slowly walked towards the door while still facing his angry wife.

"You do that and when you come back we are going to have a very long talk about this!! "Emily angrily said still looking at him.

James went downstairs quickly to see who kept ringing the doorbell while his wife went to see their babies in the nursery to try and soothe them back to sleep.

James opened the door and found that no one was there, he furrowed his eyebrows with confusion. He heard a noise and looked down at his doorstep and his eyes widened.

"Emily?" James called out his wife from the front door of their house.

"YES?" Emily answered from upstairs at the nursery.

"I think you have to come down and see this! " said James still looking shocked.

15 years later.....

Aurora's POV

The alarm clock on my nightstand went off and I kept turning from left to right, eventually covering my ears with my pillow to escape from that ANNOYING SOUND.

"Ughh!!" I finally turned off the alarm and went back to sleep, feeling relaxed. One day I think I am going to throw that alarm clock against the wall like in the movies.

"Aurora!! Mom says to wake up or we are all going to be late for school!! Josh shouted from outside my bedroom door while repeatedly banging it.

I started to get annoyed. "Ughh!! 5 MORE MINUTES!!" I yelled out

"Rise and shine Auri," says my brother Alex from outside my door.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I heard Mom's voice "Aurora wake up! and boys, please hurry up now and change, get downstairs and eat your breakfast before we leave" Then I heard her footsteps again going back down the stairs.

"If you don't wake up, I'm going to dump a bucket of cold water on you.....Again!!!" says Alex.

With that, the sudden memory of when I was 8 years old came flashing back. When Alex dumped that ice-cold water onto me as a prank. Scared, I woke up and went straight to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

"Fine! Just wait a minute" I said while rushing to the bathroom.

Almost every morning, everyone would wake up early except for me, my brothers had to scream at me from my bedroom door to go and wake me up since middle school. Can you blame me? I love to sleep. Who doesn't? And that is because I would sleep late at night, I don't know why but on certain days I would just stay up and admire the beauty of the night. I just feel so refreshed seeing it, especially if it is a full moon.

Sometimes when I do go to sleep I am a very light sleeper, whenever I hear someone talking late at night most probably would be my dad to my mom when he comes home late from work or the footsteps of my siblings going downstairs to get a bite to eat. But today is a different reason because I was dreading this day.

I finish tying my wavy brown hair into a simple ponytail and put on my plain blue blouse and baggy pants, wearing my glasses, grab my bag and phone and rush out of my bedroom door and slowly go down the stairs, I then hear my brothers talking amongst each other with mom there.

"Why does she always spend so much time in the shower? "says Josh

"Girls "Alex replied

"And why did she get the room with her bathroom while we all have to share?" says Nick frustrated.

"It is because, for the past 15-16 years, she has been living in a house of mostly men, she is at that age where she needs privacy. She isn't 5 years old anymore, not like when you were babies and you were all bathing in the same tub together. She is growing up and becoming a woman soon." Says mom.

I went down to the kitchen and saw my brothers sitting around the table and Mom talking to them, then Josh noticed my presence.

"Finally!! the princess has come to grace us with her presence!" says Josh dramatically with a smug look on his face and his arms wide apart. While the rest of my brothers chuckle. I just look at them angrily and quickly sit down.

"Stop it. Now you are all starting a new school in a new place. It's a fresh new start for all of you which means no more mischievous acts from you boys especially you Alex" says Mom as she looks at Alex, Josh, and Nick. "And it also means to try new things like to join a club or make new friends BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY...

"Always watch each other's back no matter what," says both me and my brothers in sync since this is our mom's most important rule that we must follow.

So, to say the least, my name is Aurora Rosella Rossi and I am 15 years old well turning 16 in the next 2 months anyway and yeah, I know my mom says a NEW school. Meaning we just move out of our old town and move to a new place with better schools and better homes because my dad who is an accountant got transferred to this new firm in a new city and...

"Hey, Aurora!, stop daydreaming, we need to go now or we will be late for school!" says Josh already out the door.

That is my eldest brother, Josh, just like the rest of my brothers. He teases me too but because I am his baby sister he is more protective of me. Whenever I feel scared, he will always be there and calm me down and ensure me that everything is going to be okay. Out of all of them, he is the most mature and smart one in the family.

He is more encouraging to me whenever I look down on myself. He could be childish sometimes, like the rest of my brothers but he will always take the big brother role seriously more than my other brothers since he is like the leader among my siblings, he has this leadership quality in him that I can't explain and sometimes he would be overprotective when he needs to be. Besides his good grades, my brother loves Football, he used to be the captain of our previous school's football team and I think he would also be joining the team in our new school the first chance he gets. Oh, and also he likes reading books just like me, but he is more on books on learning new things while I like reading Fantasy and Romance books and novels, but we both also enjoy the fiction genre too.

Josh and I would often talk about the books that we like which are fictional stories and talk for hours about the plot line and the characters, it's like a 2 person book club with us.

"Yeah Dad is in the car already, "says Alex

Now that is my second older brother, Alex, he is the most annoying person you will ever meet if you are his sister anyway. He will always argue with me. But he could sometimes accidentally show his soft sides whenever he sees me crying in my room or even hear me sobbing. He is good at a lot of sports, you name it Football, soccer, basketball, boxing, and also Martial Arts. He is just your typical jock, well all of them are but he is more passionate about it, especially Martial Arts and Boxing which is why he trains. Even though he is annoying, he and I have some sort of a bond with each other as siblings. We are late snacks Buddies, one thing he and I have the most in common is our big appetites and the weird thing is that whenever it's late at night when everyone is still asleep, we eat cookies and chocolate chip ice cream. The Sugar Rush though, I know it's unhealthy but it became our thing. It started when we were younger and now it sticks.

Nick came behind and ran past me and so did my other brothers and went straight to the car.

"what's the rush son?" says Dad in the driver's seat as I slowly get into the car and close the car door behind me and so did the rest of my brothers.

"I just want to go to school as quickly as possible, because the sooner we get there, the sooner we will be there without anyone seeing us getting out of our parent's car. I can't wait till I can drive because this is embarrassing!"

We all sat there inside the car listening to Nick vent about us not taking the bus to school. I was sitting next to Nick in the car as always and Alex was also sitting next to him while he was in the middle.

Well, this is Nick, my younger older brother, he and Alex were previously like the pranking duo. Teasing me and pulling pranks on me was their specialty. But when we became teenagers they started doing their things and stopped pranking and would tease me a little bit in a more sibling-love way, which was progress if you ask me. Even Though Nick was also used to be another pain in the neck he and I are close too. He has this weakness for chick flicks and is a big fan of Disney movies just like me.

Alex may be my Late Snack Buddy but Nick is my Movie Buddy sometimes. In our old place, we would binge-watch Disney movies online while eating some popcorn and chips. Sometimes we watch horror when our parents leave us at home. The stories of me closing my eyes and screaming would be a good YouTube compilation.

We also connect on a deeper level, he can sometimes show a side of him where he comes as mature or even more mature than Josh, and he is great at tech stuff he always tries and help fix the technology in our home, Even though he seems like he prefers to be indoors, which he does but he does love nature and likes to take walks outside of the house sometimes when he feels like it or when he needed to destress from school. In school, he is perceived as quiet and unfriendly but he is sweet. Did I mention he is obsessed with video games, like really obsessed with video games, like really obsessed with RPG, and tried to get me to play but I never got into it?

As siblings, we do fight, yet we love each other in different ways, In weird different ways, and have special bonds with each other. They got mad at our parents when they found out that I would be getting a room with my bathroom inside. My mom convinces my dad to find a house that fits that description.

"Well you will one day, just don't wreck the car, ok son?". Says, dad

"No promises," Nick said with a smirk on his face.

My dad started to sigh as he started thinking. I think he will be thinking of how the car going to be when his 4 kids are fighting to borrow his car when we get our permits, hope Dad got insurance.

"Dad I am never embarrassed by you sending me to school," I said with a big smile on my face.

Dad smiles. "thank you, princess".

"Butt kisser," Nick said, and immediately Dad scolded him from the driver's seat. What did I say, they teased me.

My brothers and I waited in the car for Mom because she wanted to send us on our first day of school, she wanted Dad to be there too since he's mostly working on weekdays. Sometimes he does overtime on the weekends but today he got the day off for us! That is rare in this family. Good for Dad!

"Where's mom??" Josh asked curiously.

"Yeah isn't mom the one who suggested that both of you send us off on our first day of school like we are still in Grade School instead of taking the school bus or we can just walk, " Alex says with a groan.

"I'm coming! " Mom shouted as she ran out of the house, we then suddenly saw her as she went back to the front door of the house and to lock the door as she had forgotten to lock the door. After that, she came back and went inside the car and on the front passenger seat with a tote bag on her lap which is expected from our mom. But it carries good food.

She got into the car and excitedly said."I'm here!! And I brought snacks for you guys for lunch"

I took the lunch bags from her and gave the rest to my brothers and we looked inside them.

"An apple, 2 sandwiches, and a water bottle. Very simple Mom, last time you packed a whole meal for us." I said.

"Mom, you know there is cafeteria food, we can just eat from there, no one brings their lunch," said Alex.

"Well, I wanted to do something nice for my kids since this was a sudden move and we were all busy with moving and placing all the boxes in the house. This was all I could make on short notice. Can't a mom do something nice for her children?"

We were silent for a while.

"But tonight I'm going to make Aurora's favorite spaghetti with meatballs with extra spicy sauce to celebrate our big move to the city," says Mom.

"Yum! Thanks, Mom!" I said sincerely

"I can't believe you still have to send us to school dad, school is just a few bus stops away. "Says Alex.

"Because we want to see you guys on your first day of school and we also need to fill up a few forms since this transfer was recent," Dad explained

"Well mom, dad, I appreciate you guys doing this and I love you guys so much!" I said while kissing both of them on the cheeks.

"Butt Kisser," says Nick again.

"Nick!" said Mom turning back to glare at Nick from the passenger seat.

And we drove off to school. Hopefully, this year will be different from my old school. New school, New City, New Hope. what can happen?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 558 56
This story is about a girl who unexpectedly turns into a mermaid while losing everyone she loves, it's hard enough to keep her secret. So many peopl...
85.1K 10.3K 13
Allison doesn't think much of her strange encounter with a psychic, until she wakes up the next morning with her yes's coming out as no's and her mou...
6 7 11
Eleanor, longing to escape her loneliness, embarks on a mesmerizing adventure into a mysterious realm filled with magic. Burdened with unanswered que...
11.6K 2K 43
"I lied, I am not a vampire... I am something else." Rose, a young girl enters the mysterious town of Scarenville in hopes of escaping her past. Litt...