Meta Runner: Always Fighting...

By InfiniteLeJackal

Ever wondered what happened to the clones of Infinite and Crystal after Blizzard kicked them into that portal... More

Epilogue: A New Universe
Chapter One: Escaping Tas Corp
Chapter Two: The Ultimate Gamer
Chapter Three: Into The Gameverse
Chapter Four: The Evil Clone
Chapter Five: Tas Corp's Fatal Mistake
Chapter Six: Clauds In Trouble
Chapter Seven: Tari's Potential
Chapter Eight: Game Battle
Chapter Nine: A Dark Secret
Chapter Ten: The Assassin (Mini Chapter)
Chapter Eleven: Training
Chapter Twelve: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter Thirteen: Game On
Chapter Fourteen: Mountain Brawl
Chapter Fifteen: Game Over
Chapter Seventeen: Breaking In
Chapter Eighteen: Demolition
Final Chapter: Meme Stone Battle

Chapter Sixteen: Loss

126 2 1
By InfiniteLeJackal

Tas Corp dropped everyone off at their home, Infinite was the last to get out of the van as he turned around and gave Lux a death stare.

Lux: ...

Infinite: Curse you, Lux...

Lux: A deal is a deal, Infinite. If you break that deal, not only will I be upset with you but Tari will be as well.  

Infinite: *Sigh*

Lux: But for now, do me, you, your friends and the entirety of Silica City a favor and destroy Lari. She's too dangerous to be kept alive.

Infinite: ... *Nods*

Lux: Good. 

Belle: Good luck defeating her.

Belle grabbed a controller and drove off with Lux, Infinite sat on the steps and covered his eyes with his hands.

Infinite: Fuck... 

Crystal: Honey...

Infinite: Sorry, sweetie... I just need some alone time...

Crystal: Okay...

Crystal kissed Infinite on the forehead and walked into the house, Infinite shed a few tears and punched the ground.

Infinite: Tari... Theo...

Meanwhile...

At Future-O-Gaming, Lari finished going through some paperwork and looked at the news.

Lari: Hmm... 

F-O-G Employee: Lari!

Lari: WHOA! Don't burst into my office like that!

F-O-G Employee: Apologies, I bring some interesting news about our enemies.

Lari: ...It better be good... Go on.

F-O-G Employee: Apparently, Tari made a deal with Lux for Tas Corp to let her friends go... Only if she joins Tas Corp forever.

Lari: What?!

F-O-G Employee: It's bad for us and bad for the Meta Runners.

Lari: Grrr...! No! We need to end Tas Corp now! And I have the power to do it! 

F-O-G Employee: What do you mean? The Meta Runners tried to end Tas Corp and it failed and ended up in Theo's death!

Lari: Oh, you underestimate me. 

Lari opened up her Meta Runner arm to reveal the Troll Stone inside of it.

Lari: I have THIS.

F-O-G Employee: What are you gonna do with that?

Lari smiled evilly and took the Troll Stone out of her Meta Runner arm and put it into a small tube which was hooked to her computer.

Lari: This may bust my computer, but I don't care at all. 

Lari easily broke into Tas Corp's servers and looked around for anything important.

F-O-G Employee: Huh...?

Lari: Lux made a big mistake putting this all powerful gem into my arm as a power source for it. Now... With the simple press of a button, I can wipe out the servers! Then Tas Corp's customers will come to Future-O-Gaming to buy our technology! With this stone and all of the money we get combined, we can release our AI across the world to take over people's electronics and I can force people to do whatever I want!

F-O-G Employee: Sounds good! Go on ahead, Lari. End Tas Corp.

Lari looked at the screen one more time and smiled.

Lari: Hope you had fun with your company, Lux. It's all going down the drain.

Lari pressed the button and all of the servers were completely wiped out. At Tas Corp, chaos began to ensue as Lux got multiple phone calls.

Lux: I don't know what's going on, you'll have to call me back later! 

Belle: Lux, what the hell happened?!

Lux: I said I have no idea! Somehow Tas Corp's servers have been completely wiped out! My company is going to go bankrupt if we do not fix this!

Belle: Who did this?! The Meta Runners don't have the power to somehow wipe our servers out in the blink of an eye!

Lux: ...Lari.

Belle: Her?!

Lux: It's the Meme Stone the scientists put into her Meta Runner arm! Damn it! I should of thought twice!

Belle: I told you, Lux! I told you!

Lux: None of that matters now! The past is the past... I am not sure how powerful Lari has gotten, but the only thing we can hope... Is for the Meta Runners to fix this. Belle?

Belle: Huh?

Lux: ...Go find Infinite and his friends and work with them.

Belle: WHAT?! Lux, that's not gonna happen! They hate us!

Lux: What choice do we have?! Lari is clearly plotting something here, and if we don't stop it then not only may Silica City be in trouble, but so will the rest of the world! 

Belle: ...

Lux: ...Do this for Lucinia.

Belle: L-Lux...

Lux: Lucinia would not want to see a friend's freedom be taken away by some clone I created. Go...

Belle nodded and ran out of the office, Lux sat back down and wiped some sweat off his forehead.

Lux: I'm counting on you, Belle... Especially you, Infinite... Save Silica City from Lari before it's too late.

Back with Infinite, he walked into the house and looked at everyone, Lamar just silently gamed, Sofia was crying her eyes out and Masa was trying to repair his Meta Runner arm.

Infinite: Hey, guys...

Sofia: *Sniff* Hi, Infinite...

Crystal: I've been trying to cheer her up...

Infinite: Sofia... I'm so sorry about Lucinia... But I know Tari would not hurt her in any way at all. That footage we saw... I don't think we've uncovered the full story...

Sofia: W-what do you mean...?

Infinite: I'm saying that a piece of the puzzle is missing. And what I mean is that what was Lucinia doing in Dr. Sheridan's lab? Why was she there? I think I know who could give us answers... Lux. 

Masa: But he said he didn't kill-

Infinite: Wait, Masa. He may of not been involved in the death, but maybe he was involved in something before that.

Masa: You... Have a point...

Infinite: Sofia... I promise, I will get to the bottom of this. 

Sofia: O-okay... Thanks, Infinite...

Infinite: You're welcome. Masa, allow me to help you with your Meta Runner arm.

Masa: Thanks... Argh...

Infinite: I can't believe he shot your arm off... 

Masa: I didn't think he had the guts to do it... 

Lamar: I thought he was joking at first! And then he actually did it! Lux is insane!

Infinite: I have to agree there... But the good thing that came out of Tari's sacrifice is that we no longer have to deal with Tas Corp. We just have to deal with Lari and her company, and we're good to go.

Masa: That's right-

The doorbell suddenly rang.

Crystal: I'll go get it.

Crystal walked to the door and opened it, she screamed and grabbed a baseball bat.

Belle: WHOA, HANG ON!

Infinite: Huh?!

Masa: What the?!

Crystal: Give me one reason I shouldn't crack your head open!

Belle: Okay, I know we've been enemies, but... I need your help.

Crystal: ...From what, Lux?

Belle: No! Let me explain...

Crystal put the baseball bat down and led Belle into the house.

Lamar: What?! Belle?!

Masa growled as Sofia looked up and shed more tears.

Infinite: What do you want, Belle...?

Lamar: We're in no mood to speak with you...

Belle: *Sigh* Tas Corp is in danger-

Masa: Good!

Lamar: Finally, something bad happens to them-

Belle: Let me speak! Not only Tas Corp is in danger, but possibly the entire world!

Infinite: ...What do you mean...?

Belle: ...While I was gaming about half an hour ago, the screen suddenly shut off and the console fizzed out. Then I heard sirens going off and panic ensued. Lux told me that Lari had managed to wipe out all of Tas Corp's servers with ease somehow... 

Sofia: W-what...?

Masa: Tas Corp's servers have been wiped out...?

Belle: Yes, but... I need your help... No, the world needs our help! Lari... She has something dangerous on her which gives her amazing power.

Crystal: ...Amazing power?

Belle: ...I suppose you remember her summoning characters from video games?

Infinite: Yes, I do.

Belle: Well...

Belle tapped a few buttons on her Meta Runner arm and showed some footage of Lari's creation.

Sofia: ...Oh...?

Masa: ...

The footage showed a scientist putting the Troll Stone into Lari's Meta Runner arm, and then the footage ended.

Infinite: ...YOU DIDN'T TELL US?!

Belle: EEP!

Masa: Hang on, what's with the sudden outburst?!

Infinite: YOU DIDN'T TELL US THAT LARI HAS A MEME STONE IN HER META RUNNER ARM?! 

Belle: ...I-

Infinite: Grrr...!

Crystal: More importantly, why did you guys put such a powerful object into a Meta Runner?! She pretty much has the power of a god!

Lamar: ...Power of a god...?

Son: ...W-whoa...

Belle: ...I-I'm sorry...

Infinite growled but then began to calm down.

Infinite: I now see why you need our help... Very well, then. I know we're not going to get along, but we need to put our rivalries aside for now and work together to stop a greater threat.

Lamar: Fine.

Masa: Let's do this.

Sofia: But we need a plan.

Belle: Sofia is right. Lari's Future-O-Gaming company has way more many defenses than Tas Corp does. 

Infinite: ...We sneak in, obviously. 

Belle: But what about the security cameras?

???: I can help with that.

Everyone turned around to see Hurk.

Sofia: EEP!

Hurk: Don't worry, I'm not here to kidnap anyone. I'm here to help as well. 

Infinite: ...Okay.

Hurk: I have a silenced pistol which will take those cameras out.

Crystal: Good. When Masa is healed up... We end Lari and take the Meme Stone back.

Infinite: ...Which Meme Stone is it though, Belle? You didn't tell us.

Belle: ...All I remember is that it was blue.

Infinite: Blue? That's the Troll Stone. It's actually the second weakest out of the Meme Stones, but trust me... It's still very powerful.

Masa: Let's come up with a plan, everyone. Future-O-Gaming won't defeat itself.

Everyone nodded and got to work.

(Let's do this and take down Lari!)

Anyways, lata!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 296 16
COVER ART BY @Fay_light On Twitter!!! After coming back from a 3 year leave, Meggy discovers she gets assigned another android, MR800,
37.5K 1.1K 16
As I look in the mirror, all I see is a villain. /////// " What were you hiding under your calm façade? Were you crying but physically smiling? Were...
1.2K 115 21
After the chaos with Jennifer and some other villains, all seems at peace, that is... Until Dargovrah comes out of hiding, but with some brand new al...
8.2K 288 24
(I do not own any rights to Steven universe, all credit goes to Rebecca Sugar and Cartoon Network) (This story is much more slice of life in nature...