Beautiful Trauma (Complete)

By AngieAngC

Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at... More

Main Character List
Chapter 1 - Your Duty
Chapter 2 - After All These Years (Part One)
Chapter 3 - After All These Years (Part Two)
Chapter 4 - Wrong Place, Right Time
Chapter 5 - Living Arrangement
Chapter 6 - Extravagance
Chapter 7 - Secrets
Chapter 8 - Locked Away
Chapter 9 - Sisterly Love
Chapter 10 - Ari, meet Odette
Chapter 11 - More Secrets
Chapter 12 - Acceptance
Chapter 13 - Alexa
Chapter 14 - He Remembers
Chapter 15 - I Need a Favor
Chapter 16 - Babysitting (Part 1)
Chapter 17 - Babysitting Part 2
Chapter 18 - Babysitting (Part 3)
Chapter 19 - Ladies Night
Chapter 20 - No More Alcohol
Chapter 21 - Gala Night (Part 1)
Chapter 22 - Gala Night (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Nightmares
Chapter 24 - My Past
Chapter 25 - Our Past
Chapter 26 - Crave
Chapter 27 - Afterglow
Chapter 28 - A Rat
Chapter 29 - Jealousy
Chapter 30 - Prove it
Chapter 31 - Birthday Celebrations
Chapter 32 - Let Me Love You
Chapter 33 - I Like Me Better With You
Chapter 34 - Fratello e Sorella
Chapter 35 - The Plan of Betrayal
Chapter 36 - Goodbye, My Love
Chapter 37 - The Betrayal
Chapter 38 - The Truth
Chapter 39 - Survivor
Chapter 40 - Fight!
Chapter 41 - Both of You
Chapter 43 - Baby De Luca
Epilogue
Announcement - Beautiful Lies
Beautiful Trauma Trailer

Chapter 42 - A Promise

48.8K 1.3K 361
By AngieAngC

Disclaimer: Mature audiences only! 

Aria's POV

I stared in the mirror after putting on the finishing touches. I pulled back to analyze my reflection, my eyes traveling down and stopping on the slight bump showing through the dress. I placed my hand over it, thinking about the past couple of weeks. I was reaching my 16th week and my visits, at the moment, were biweekly. Dom moved me into his room permanently and started cutting back on the hours that he spent in the warehouse. He was so patient with me, patient with my mood swings, my cravings, or my lack of appetite at times, which I knew annoyed him. Olivia moved back into the apartment, and Ruby decided to move in with her. 

I spent most of my days resting, or planning the clinic Dom was building. He said he would start the takedowns of the trafficking rings when I was up to it, after giving birth. He was so positive in this pregnancy, yet I still had moments that my mind would mess up my heart, no matter what I did. Dom immediately knew when it was one of those days. He could read me like no other. Those were the days he would try and keep me the busiest. He wouldn't call me out on it and he wouldn't give me a harder time.  He would simply take the day off work, pull me into the shower and instruct me on the itinerary for the day. That's when I knew he noticed. 

Today was going to be a busy one, and I tried taking things slow. I would have Odette with me most of the time and I tried planning it out with Rosa. The garden was set with the seatings, petal covered aisle and flower arch. The patio was cleared for the dining tables and chairs, along with a dance floor. 

I was going through the day in my mind, making sure I didn't forget anything when I felt his powerful grip around my waist. He spun me around, connecting our lips in an emotional need, hypnotizing me into a sensual frenzy. He grazed his lips across my skin from my jaw, down my neck then to my shoulder, where he pulled down the strap of the dress. He bit down on the skin, pulling me harder into him, and eliciting an involuntary moan from my mouth. I felt his erection press against my crotch, evoking a lascivious desire within me.  

"Dom..." I tried to speak, but it came out as more of a whisper. 

He ignored me as his hands dropped, grabbing my ass and pulling me up against his erection, stirring an even greater desire within me that was now soaking my panties. 

"Nicky, we can't do this today..." I gathered up as much willpower as I could to speak. 

"Who says?" He growled into the crook of my neck. His fingers started to slowly scrunch up the dress, gripping it in his clenched palms, and exposing my legs.

Good God, I don't have an answer for that right now. My mind was a jumbled mess at this point. 

"Aria?" I heard Ruby's voice sound from the corridor. 

"She says." I quickly hummed into his ear before wiggling my way out of his grasp, hearing an annoyed groan coming from him. 

I opened the door, popping my head out. 

"Dani needs you. Like, right now!" Ruby looked flustered. 

"What's going on?" My eyes narrowed on her. 

"She just needs you, please." Ruby was pleading with me. 

Before I could answer I felt Dom's fingers moving from my ankle and up my leg. His touch was leaving behind a scorching path, and I was concerned if I tried speaking now, no words would form.  I nodded my head at Ruby frantically, before shutting the door. As the door clicked in place, I felt his fingers trace the full length of my wet core through my panties. My head bowed and my forehead connected with the cold wood of the door. My breathing quickened as I felt his teeth on the skin of my neck. 

"Your body is telling me that this can definitely be done today." He spoke huskily in my ear. 

I needed to get to Dani. Something was wrong, and I know for a fact that if this starts, it will go on for longer than anticipated. This man craved me in ways I didn't know were possible. He could always extract a wilder side to me, and the second-trimester hormones were not helping my case. I turned around, releasing a breath I had been holding. I grabbed onto his wrist, stopping it from edging further in.

"I need to get to your sister. Something is wrong, Dom." 

His wild and lustful eyes bore into me. He let out a sigh before speaking. 

"Fine! I need a fucking cold shower." 

He huffed and walked away into the bathroom. I need a fucking cold shower myself. I left, making my way down the corridor towards Dani's room. I gently knocked on the door, then slowly opened it. I peeped inside to see Dani sitting at the end of her bed, the occasional sob escaping her. I closed the door behind me and made my way over to her. 

"Dani, what's going on?" I asked her softly as I sat down next to her, linking my fingers with hers. That's when she looked up at me. 

"Oh no, darling, you are smudging your make up." I started to get up to fix her but she pulled me back down. 

"I don't know what to do, Aria." Her voice was cracking. 

"With what? Are you getting cold feet? Because the Aston Martin is already out, I will grab your brother's keys and we can be gone in 5." 

She giggled and I was glad to hear a hint of amusement coming from her. Then she began shaking her head slightly. 

"No, I want to marry Marcel, I have no doubt about it." 

"Then tell me what's wrong, sweetheart." I edged her on. 

"I'm pregnant, Aria!" She exclaimed, her tears now falling at a quickened pace. "I know Dominic will lose it. He will punch Marcel again and ruin the wedding. I love my brother but he always hurts first, asks questions later. What if Marcel walks away because of Dom or because of the baby? What if he doesn't want the baby? What if-" 

"Whoa, honey, calm down." I cut her off. "First off, congratulations!" I pulled her into me and squeezed tightly. "Second, leave your brother to me." I gave her a wink causing her to chuckle. "And third, Marcel loves you. I can promise you he wants this. He wants you and he will want this baby. Don't doubt what you two have." 

She nodded her head, taking a few deep breaths. 

"Now, let's fix your make up and put you in your dress, shall we?" 

I got up, headed into the bathroom to collect the make up bag. When I returned, Dani was fixing her hair and pinning it back. She sat down, facing me, as I bent over and applied the makeup. Once we were done, I helped her into her gown, zipping it up for her. 

"You look beautiful, Dani." I placed my hands on both her arms. "Everything is going to turn out perfectly.  Now, I am going to deal with your brother then I will send him your way." 

I nodded at her before turning to leave. 

"Aria..." She called out to me. I turned and watched her close the distance between us, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Thank you so much. You are the best thing that has ever happened to my brother." 

She kissed my cheek then released me from her embrace. I gave her a sweet smile before leaving, making my way back to Dom's room. Our room. I sighed before walking inside. This conversation could go either way at this point. 

As I swung the door open, I stopped at the entrance. Dom had just zipped up his pants and was now buckling up his belt. I swallowed the dry lump in my throat, looking up from his belt to that strikingly gorgeous body of his. My hands were shaking, pining to reach for him and feel every indentation of his muscles. He pulled on his shirt, leaving it unbuttoned and his front part bare. He turned to do up his cufflinks, unaware of me standing there watching his every move. Or so I thought.

"Are you done drooling? You know if you just ask, I will do whatever you want me to do to your body, baby girl."  

Good God, did he have to talk to me like that? I am certain now that I needed to change my underwear. I closed the door, ignoring his comment and made my way into the walk-in closet. I pulled open a drawer, grabbing a pair of panties while slipping the current ones off. 

"Well, now you are just making this easier." His husky voice caught me by surprise as he yanked the clean pair of panties out my hand, lifting my body to sit on top of the dresser. He spread my legs, standing in between them. His hands forced my dress up to my hips, his mouth meeting mine roughly. He gave me no time to contest, not that I wanted to right now. 

His fingers trailed a light touch up my inner thigh, stopping just before the line of my soaked core. I let out a frustrated moan trying to edge closer to his hand. He pulled back and, with a smirk, retreated a step. 

"You said we don't have time for this today, baby girl. So, I think you better get ready." 

Is this boy for real? He drove me wild. This Adonis of a man knew exactly how to pull out that erotic minx within me. I grabbed him by his unbuttoned shirt, pulling his body against mine. I grabbed his hand and forced it in between my legs. I watched his eyes greedily eat me up as his hand in between my legs wasted no more time. His fingers slid along my soaking and throbbing folds before slamming them inside me, causing me to cry out in a needed pleasure. He began thrusting into me, his mouth sucking hard on the skin of my neck. I wanted to feel him, feel what I did to him. My hands went for his belt, unbuckling them quickly before sliding it into his pants and underwear. I felt his hard erection twitch in my grasp. He groaned into my neck as I released his dick from the confinements of his underwear. 

His thumb went to my clit, rubbing the aching nub while still pumping his fingers inside me. I lost my bearings, unaware of what I was trying to do as that pressure began building in my center. His free hand grabbed mine, wrapping it around his shaft. I felt him up and down, slowly rolling my hand over his tip. My other hand went underneath his shirt to his back, digging my nails into his skin. 

"I can't fucking take it anymore. I want to feel myself inside you. I want to feel those walls of yours desperately gripping onto my dick, begging me to release the pressure. And, I most certainly want to hear you scream my name." He growled into my ear, removing his fingers from inside me. 

He pushed my dress further up, grabbing my leg with his wet hand, covered in my juices. He hooked my leg around his waist, bringing me into him and closing the gap between us. I pushed his pants and underwear further down to relieve any form of restriction. His hands now grabbed my ass to support me as he thrust himself into my core that was greedily taking in every inch of him. He mercilessly pounded into me, his one hand entangling itself in my hair and grabbing ahold of it. He pulled on my hair causing my head to tilt back, giving him access to bite my neck. 

"You feel so fucking good. Come for me, baby girl. I need to feel it. I need to feel all of it around me." He groaned into my ear while picking up the pace of his thrusts. 

He picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist, as he pinned my body up against one of the cupboard doors. He used the door as a support, thrusting into me at a slightly different angle. I could feel more of him as my legs tightened around his waist, pressing his naked pelvis against my aching nub. The feeling became increasingly accentuated the harder he drove himself into me, the cupboard door knocking against the frame with each thrust. At this point, I don't give a fuck who hears us. 

My hands clawed onto his shoulders, holding my body up slightly. I could feel the pressure rising to an uncontrollable level. My walls started clenching and unclenching involuntarily as that high approached. 

"Let it all go, baby girl." He grunted into the crook of my neck. 

"Fuck, Nicky!" I exclaimed, leaning my head back against the door. 

My body shook at the exhilarating and euphoric apex of my orgasm running through me. I wrapped my arms around Dom's neck, lifting myself, giving him more freedom to put all his force into his propulsions as he reached his overload of pleasure. I felt him wrap his one arm around me tightly, holding me in place while his other was extended to support himself against the door. He groaned after delivering his final thrust, leaning his forehead against mine. His arm gave way and bent causing him to lean his forearm against the door. After some time, his eyes opened and met mine. At this moment, he had never looked sexier to me. 

"Hey, you..." I trailed off, biting down on my bottom lip. 

"Do you plan on leaving this room today?" He chuckled before releasing me and gently lowering me onto my feet. "Because if you keep doing things like this, I will lock you up in here. Not a chance are other men looking at you like this. Freshly fucked and begging for more." 

I flushed while smacking his bare chest. 

"Have I ever told you how much I love seeing you blush?" He caged me in between the cupboard door and his body. 

"Almost every day." I rolled my eyes at him. 

He captured my lips tenderly, caressing the side of my face with his hand. After pulling away, he picked up my lace panties and held them out to me, hanging off his index finger. 

"Now you can put these on." he winked at me as I clutched the fabric in my hands. 

"You are so naughty today!" I said to him exasperated while slipping my underwear on. 

"Only for you, Rhi." He smirked at me and walked backward out of the walk-in closet, his eyes drinking up my appearance, feeling satisfied that he was the one to provoke it.  

I quickly fixed myself, redoing my hair and touching up the makeup. I walked into the room to see Dom buttoning up his shirt. He did the top button as I grabbed his tie. I threw it around his neck and began folding it. 

"So..." I trailed off, eyeing him out. "I was wondering how would you feel if Dani had another baby?" 

He narrowed his eyes at me, grabbing my wrists to stop me from fiddling with the tie. 

"I mean they are getting married. It could be something that Marcel would want." I shrugged my shoulders, trying to act as nonchalant as possible. He sighed and released my wrists.

"She's pregnant, isn't she?" He asked me calmly. I couldn't judge if this was a genuinely calm tone or one of those mockingly 'calm before the storm' tones. 

"Maybe." 

"Ok. Then so be it."  

My eyes widened, shocked that he was sincerely calm and alright with the news.

"What?" 

My surprise made him watch me for a bit, analyzing my expression.

"Wait, did she think I would have lost it again?"

I stayed silent.

"She honestly thought I would ruin her wedding day?" 

I shrugged my shoulders at him. His head tilted and his brows furrowed.

"Did you think I would?" He asked me. I gave me a sweet and tender smile, reaching up and cupping his cheek.

"Honestly? No, I didn't. You're not the same man I ran into months ago. You love your sister too much, especially after giving your blessing. And you know I will kick your ass like last time." 

I smirked at him, him letting out a deep laugh. 

"Oh, is that what you think happened that day?" He asked me amused, wrapping his arm around me. 

"Oh, I know it is," I spoke confidently. 

He chuckled and kissed my cheek, squeezing my hips with his hands. 

"I fucking love you." He said into my ear. "And I love you too." He leaned over, kissing my swollen belly as I ran my hands through his hair. "I better get to Dani before she thinks I have already started a rampage downstairs." He shook his head. "I'll see you at the alter, baby girl." 

"I love you, handsome," I said, watching him leave the room.

The wedding ran smoothly and it was exquisite. I could see Dom was happy for his sister. No matter what might have happened initially, I could see he was thankful for Marcel. Odette got nervous in the beginning so I walked her down the aisle and helped her throw the petals on the floor. The rest of the ceremony she spent cuddled into me. Just before the reception, all she wanted was to take pictures and I roped Dom in to help. He picked her up and held her in his arms, while I leaned against him helping her stabilize the camera. She did a pretty good job and was so chuffed with herself. 

We were sitting at the table, eating dessert, while Dani and Marcel had their first dance. Odette sat in between Dom and myself eating away at her ice-cream. Dom was engrossed in watching his sister, bopping his leg up and down. I placed my finger over my lips while facing Odette before dipping my other finger in her ice-cream. However, Odette's giggles caught Dom's attention causing him to turn as I edged my hand closer to his face. He reacted quickly, grabbing my hand and turning it on myself, smearing the ice-cream on my cheek. I froze, narrowing my eyes to him. 

"Did that backfire on you, baby girl?" He was now standing, leaning over the back of the chair, and whispering into my ear. I huffed while wiping the ice cream away. 

"What!? Are you sure?" We heard Marcel exclaiming from the middle of the dancefloor just as the music slowed down. We watched Dani nibbling on her bottom lip while nodding causing Marcel to pick her up and swing her in a circular motion. 

"I guess he knows," Dom said with a slight chuckle. 

"Mmmm..." I hummed, picking up a spoonful of ice-cream and slipping it into my mouth. 

"Ok, the garter and bouquet toss is happening which means I am being summoned. I will see you in a bit, Rhi." He kissed my temple as I nodded.

"And I will be right here eating my mint ice cream." I gave him a wide grin. 

"You and your mint-flavored things." He laughed, shaking his head at me. 

"Blame your child." I shrugged, slipping another spoonful into my mouth. 

Ruby announced over the mic that the bouquet toss would be happening first. She called on all the single ladies to come forward, and they predictably played 'Single Ladies' causing me to roll my eyes. 

"Ari..." I heard Odette next to me. I lowered my head closer to listen to her over the music. "Can we go catch the flowers? Please?" 

I couldn't deny her. She just wanted to be a part of all the different festivities. I got up, extending my hand to her which she took. She excitedly skipped onto the dance floor. I leaned down to her ear, my hands on her shoulders while she stood in front of me. 

"I'll try to catch it for you but it could go in any direction, ok?"  I whispered to her.

She nodded with a big smile upon her lips. I watched as Dani was helped onto a chair then handed her bouquet. She began lifting and lowering the flowers as people screamed the countdown. 

"3...2...1..." 

Dani lifted the bouquet, but instead of letting it go she turned on her heel. She held out her hand which Marcel took and helped her off the chair. She made a beeline towards Odette and I, sporting a mischievous smirk. She stopped in front of us and handed me the bouquet. I reluctantly grabbed the flowers. 

"What are you doing?" I furrowed my brows and muttered to her. 

She didn't say a word; instead, her lips curved into a wider smile while she tilted her head looking behind me. I followed her gaze, turning half my body to see Dominic down on one knee. My eyes widened while turning the rest of my body to face him; my left arm holding the bouquet, wrapped around my torso and the other leaning on it while covering my mouth with my hand. I closed my eyes trying to calm the tears. He picks one of my most emotional states to do this. 

I felt a tug of my dress at my side. I opened my eyes and looked down to see Odette, giggling and showing me her semi toothless grin. 

"May I have these, please?" She said sweetly while pointing at the bouquet. I gave her a look while she proudly looked at Dom then back at me. He had this all planned out, even down to Odette. A smile grew on my face as I handed the bouquet to her, freeing my left hand which Dom didn't hesitate in taking. He used it to pull me closer to him then let it go to grab the ring box from his pocket. He opened up the box showcasing a beautifully nestled emerald cut blue sapphire and diamond vintage style ring made with a rose gold band. The fact that he searched for a sapphire ring told me this took consideration and planning. He kept it all a secret and I felt myself being overrun with emotion.

"Rhi..." He began and I already was wiping away at tears, thinking I must already look a streaky mess. "You crashed back into my life after 10 years and I was determined to ignore every single feeling you brought along with you, thinking it was what was needed. Thinking it was for the best. However, I was so wrong. You were what I needed. You were what was best for me. You make me stronger, you make me want to do better, you make me a better man and you bring me peace. You bring the peace within me that I never thought was capable. 

When I look into your eyes, I only see a reflection of us and the life we have already started to build. I can't imagine sharing this with anyone else, nor do I want to. You deserve the very best, Rhi. Someone that will back you up without limits. Someone that will let you grow without boundaries. Someone who will love you to no end, all of you. I may not be worthy of it, but I will spend every day until my dying breath loving you to my fullest capacity if you let me be that someone. I have loved you all these years, I never stopped. I love everything about you right down to your soul. The only thing I do not love is the fact that you are not my queen. 

So, I ask you today to not be afraid, to fall and trust me when I say I will catch you. I will catch you every day for the rest of our lives, that is a promise. Aria Valenti, will you do me the honor and be my queen? Will you marry me?" 

I can guarantee you that at this moment I am a black-streaked mess. I gave up trying to wipe away every tear that fell, it became too many. Yet, he still looked at me like I was the only one in the room like I was the air he needed to survive, the drug he wanted to satisfy his urges, the substance he required to fulfill his cravings, and the only being on this earth that he desired. 

"Please, say yes, Zia (Aunt)." Odette was now standing next to him, holding out the flowers to me. 

"Oh, God..." That finished me off. Hearing her call me her aunt, and genuinely being happy to do so and sincerely wanting it, made my heart burst. I wiped my cheeks with both hands, simultaneously, before looking into his eyes. 

"Yes, Nicky. A thousand times, yes." I said to him. 

His smile grew as he lowered the box, taking out the ring and capturing my left hand in his. He slid the ring onto my finger before getting to his feet, picking me up in the process. 

He stood there, holding me and looking into my eyes. At this moment, everybody in the room disappeared, even though I could hear the cheering and whistling. 

"I fucking love you!" He exclaimed while releasing his grip so I could slide back down to the ground. His hands cupped my face and pulled me into a kiss that portrayed everything he just said to me, undeniably confirming every last word. 

I cannot even begin to tell you how much this chapter made me cry. Happy tears, of course! I love them so much! 

Thank you for all the support, voting and comments! It means the world to me! 

Much love, 

Angie

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 13.9K 33
[πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„ π‚πŽππ“π„ππ“, 18+] Eric Calloway, the rich badboy, meets Liliana Mendes, the good girl at a party, before senior year. He notices he...
410K 8.2K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
1.2M 26.9K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
1.3M 26.4K 64
Chanel Blanchett was a rich and snobby girl, she had it all, popular in high school with a perfect life and family, or so she thought. She was innoce...