Hendrix ✓

By softsloth

‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★... More

Hendrix
prologue
1 ★ Virginia moon
2 ★ Hang the DJ
3 ★ Money
4 ★ Useless
5 ★ How sweet it is
6 ★ The trees
7 ★ You're mine
8 ★ Despair
9 ★ Young mate
10 ★ Rain or shine
11 ★ Freckled girl
12 ★ Mercy
13 ★ Hour glass
14 ★ A little tenderness
15 ★ Ash
16 ★ Rookie maneuvers
17 ★ Wrapped around your finger
18 ★ First date
19 ★ Everything's magic
20 ★ Cave in
21 ★ The blues
22 ★ I've been cold
24 ★ My baby
25 ★ Behind the wheel
26 ★ I hear her playin the drums
27 ★ Little valentine
28 ★ Your atmosphere
29 ★ Pushed away
30 ★ Seem like enemies
31 ★ You're my home
32 ★ It's over
33 ★ Breaks my heart
34 ★ Empty
35 ★ Forever changed
36 ★ Fatherless
37 ★ Foresight
38 ★ A little of both
39 ★ Chain of love
40 ★ Keep you safe
41 ★ Disregard
42 ★ Comfort you
43 ★ A part of history
44 ★ Crawling
45 ★ Love's undone
46 ★ Cherry
47 ★ Lonesome loser
48 ★ You have my heart
49 ★ Miles away
50 ★ Picture of my past
51 ★ Show me love
52 ★ Smile for me
53 ★ Endless song
54 ★ New sensation
55 ★ Lift away
56 ★ Never disappear
57 ★ Flag me down
58 ★ Bell through the night
59 ★ Shrillest highs and lowest lows
60 ★ No longer alone
61 ★ Jumper cable lips
62 ★ Just like a dream
Epilogue
Book 3 ☽ Opal
Book 1.5 ❥ Tressandra

23 ★ Gonna groove tonight

148K 5.9K 2.1K
By softsloth

𝕃𝕖𝕥'𝕤 𝔾𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕧𝕖 - 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙, 𝕎𝕚𝕟𝕕 & 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖

"We gonna groove tonight

Let this groove get you to move"

Hendrix POV

     My body buzzes like it's hooked up to an electric chair. I flop and jerk to the rap music, not really listening to the lyrics. For once, I enjoy the sounds of the music I usually despise. Wait, why do I hate this music? I can't remember.

     My brain is all fuzzy, my body numb and sloppy. Drinking is fun! Why don't I do this more?

     "This is amazing!" I yell to no one in particular before bursting out in a fit of giggles as everyone around me dances and yells too.

     We're all in a pile of bodies that won't stop moving. It's like a sea of jellyfish, smelly, silly jelly fish.

     I begin jumping up and down when the song changes to something more fast paced. The lights continue to flicker on the limbs and heads swaying around the dance floor.

     When I lift my cup to dump the rest of my beer in my mouth, I find it empty and I whimper in disappointment. If I'm not drunk enough, Cedric will sneak into my mind.

     I look around desperately for my friends. Neither Stacey nor Miranda are anywhere in sight. It seems they've abandoned me. I shrug, because I really don't care, and I begin shoving my way through the mass of people.

     It's a hard journey for me being so short and so dizzy. I don't get mad, or annoyed, in fact I love it. My blood thrums and my ears ring in delight. My whole body is warm like I'm wrapped up in a big ole hug. I smile brightly.

     It almost feels like when Cedric touches me.

     I stop abruptly in the middle of the crowd, nearly knocking some girl over. Stupid Cherry!

      "Hey, watch it!" She demands, evil in her eyes, but my mind is too occupied to allow her words entrance. I don't care, I'm too busy being sad about Cedric. He doesn't want me.

     I cringe at the reminder of gorgeous Savannah strutting out of his classroom like she owned the place. He has to prefer that gorgeous supermodel to plain, little Hendrix.

     Sorrow seeps into my bones, and I shiver, suddenly feeling cold and oh so alone. I need more alcohol to warm me up. Yeah! All I need is some more drinks to make this night perfect.

     When I finally find my way to the drinks, the song is winding down. I squeal when punch splatters me as I fill up my solo cup. I laugh and laugh as I down some delicious liquid. Whatever it is, it's good. I know there's a lot of alcohol in it by the strong bite. It burns my throat all the way down.

     "Hey! You!" I glance up, not knowing who was calling out, or if they were talking to me.

     My gaze lands on the DJ. The tall, handsome DJ. He looks me up and down and grins. He's good looking in his button down and with those big headphones around his neck. He isn't as attractive as Cedric, though. No one is attractive as my Cherry.

     I shake my head back and forth, trying to dislodge that man from my mind.

     He's a jerk! I don't need him!

     "Yeah, DJ guy?" I ask. The question seems to come out all jumbled, but he can somehow understand me, at least I think he does. He chuckles, glancing at his computer and then back up at me.

     "What can I play to get you to sing, little thing?" He calls over, tilting his head at me and shooting me a wink. He's flirting with me!

     I smile mischievously from ear to ear as my plan forms. This is what I've been waiting for! Here's my chance to have some real fun and forget all about Cedric.

     Walking over to the DJ feels like waltzing across a tightrope. I stumble and sway, but eventually make my way to his table where he types something on his keyboard.

     "What's your name?" He asks me, and I touch his arm and lean in closer.

     "Hendrix." I inform him. His dark eyes widen in surprise, and he nods exuberantly. He picks up a wireless microphone and holds it up to his thin lips.

     "That's a sick name. Love the accent by the way." He tells me, and he presses a red button on the side of his microphone, it makes a noise on the speaker before his voice lets out, "Ladies and Gentlemen. I'd like you to meet Hendrix!"

     The echo of my name bounces around the room with applause. Everyone is cheering while they look at me. I laugh and my mouth drops open in shock. This is so cool!

     "Hendrix is going to pick our next song! So, what'll it be, princess?" When I look back over at him, the microphone is pointed at me. I grab the thing from him.

     "Sweet Home Alabama!" I call into the microphone, my voice filling the room. The crowd goes wild, and I dance a little jig as they scream.

     Man, college parties are the best! How come I've never noticed until now?

     The music starts back up, and sure enough, DJ guy plays my fine request. I immediately start dancing and moving across the floor. As the words start, I automatically start singing into the microphone.

     "Big wheels keep on turnin', carry me home to see my kin!" I sing, and the roar of the cheers keep me going. Everyone is singing right along with me, all the words slurred and jumbled. They're all watching me as I dance and sing and have the time of my life.

      I burst out the lyrics, feeling them connect me with my deep southern roots. The words come so easily. I've heard the song so many times through my childhood they're ingrained in my soul.

     Finally, the chorus comes up and I belt it out as hard as I can like a chant.

     "Sweet home Alabama! Where the skies are so blue! Sweet home Alabama! I'm comin' home to you!!!" The sweet liquid spreads through my system, my veins sting and my heart thumps loud in my chest. My whole being thrums with the liquor I've downed. It keeps me going.

     The whole room sings the words in unison, all one big choir of drunk people. I sing to them while I look at their beautiful faces. Everyone is smiling, everyone  slicked in sweat, their breaths and body heat mingling in the mosh pit.

     It's glorious!

     My high heels make me stumble, and I almost hit the floor. An arm wraps around my middle and hauls me up. I giggle at the rush.

     "Are you okay?" My eyes wander up to Dylan. His face is red and shiny as he smirks down at me, his eyes lazy but bright in the dark room.

     "Dylan!" I scream, wrapping my arms around his neck and laughing my head off. The southern rock dies down and is replaced with another rap, party song, my moment forgotten as the crowd goes back to the way it was before.

     "I thought this wasn't your thing?" He says slyly, and I pretend to punch his shoulder, only I meant to pretend to punch him. My knuckles sting, and I know I hit him harder than I meant.

     "Sorry!" I belch, leaning into his chest. He gives me a long hug before pulling away.

     "It's alright. But seriously, I thought you hated parties? What happened to the hipster Hendrix I know?" I want to slap that expression off his face.

     "I am not a hipster and you know it, Mister!" I stumble on my feet, trying to gain my footing. "And I like parties. Well, now I do!"

     I shrug, bursting into a fit of hiccup filled laughter. Dylan shakes his head in amusement. Something else is hidden in his eyes. He's filled with mysteries.

      "How much have you had to drink?" He wonders, and I lift my cup proudly, showcasing the spiked punch that sloshes with every jittery movement I make.

     "Not nearly enough." I say, and my face starts to hurt with how hard I'm smiling.

     The party goes on in full swing around us as Dylan leads me to through the crowd. He has a strong arm around my middle section, steering me through an endless swarm of people. I trip when someone elbows me.

     My head goes back and forth as I gaze around at all the partygoers looking for my friends. Where are they? Don't they want to have fun with me?

     Everybody in the room bends together in a slosh of bright lights and shapes, it's just like looking through a kaleidoscope. I'm so confused.

     "You want a beer?" I nod my head exuberantly at Dylan's question that sounds far away. Maybe more alcohol will make me feel better.

     We're now in the small kitchen of the frat house. There is trash on every surface, and a couple against the fridge making out like no one's watching.

     Dylan gets them to move so he can access the fridge, but they just find the next solid, vertical surface and go at it again. It just so happens to be the wall right next to me.

     As soon as he hands me the beer, I crack it open and guzzle it down. I'm thirsty and dehydrated, but this stuff doesn't really quench my thirst. And it's disgusting. It tastes like sewage. Nasty. Regardless of what it tastes like, I gulp and gulp anyway. The hard bite in my mouth is enough to distract me.

     "Hey, Dylan! Peter's streaking in the backyard again. You need to catch him. We don't need the cops showing up." Some buff guy calls out from right outside the back door, his head anxiously sticking into the house. His eyes don't leave my friend.

     Dylan sighs, clearly exasperated. I snort and take another long swig of my disgusting beer. Who actually likes drinking this stuff?

     He looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

     "I'll be right back, okay?" He asks and I nod my head vigorously, then stopping when the room starts to spin again.

     "Okie dokie." I salute him, and he grimaces, patting my shoulder and walking away quickly, leaving me behind. I sip at my beer. My body is suddenly woozy. Ha. That's a funny word.

     "Woooozyy." I say slowly before breaking out into a fit of giggles. The lip-locked couple break for air just to give me a look. I stick my tongue out at them.

     I lean against the counter tops and stare at the pretty magnets on the fridge. There's a plethora of pictures from the football team, the lacrosse team, and even a snapshot of the marching band.

     Grinning, I skan my gaze across the pictures in admiration. It's nice to see so many cute guys. I laugh when they start to blur and turn to fuzzy blobs.

     "Hi, little guys. You look funny." I point at the picture and giggle helplessly to myself.

     While I swig some more of my drink, I stumble a little bit. I finish off the can and have a sudden renewal of energy. I want to dance some more! Let's get this music going!

     Then it hits me, it's as if all of the liquid I've consumed tonight go right to my bladder at once. They demand release now. I frantically look around. I need a bathroom ASAP.

     "Move, people!!!" I screech, bolting down the hallway and opening every door I pass, trying to look for a bathroom. I duck under a tray of shots a guy holds.

     "Whoah! Really? Look where you're going!" He sounds pissed. Why is he pissed? This party is so fun. Maybe he's just jealous that I'm flying through this place like a ninja.

     Wait, why am I being a ninja? Oh, right. I have to pee like a racehorse.

     "Wait! Come back!" Through the thrall of people the shot guy turns around and glares at me expectantly. He looks angry. Is he still mad?

     "What do you want?" He asks, and I say one word.

     "Bathroom."

     Shot guy points upstairs with one finger, pursing his lips. I grab two shots from the platter and smile at him.

     "Thanks!" I scuttle away and up the stairs. I take the steps two at a time while I down my shots. I am now a shot taking ninja, a ninja that desperately needs a potty break.

     I breathe a sigh of relief when I get behind the door of the bathroom and lock it behind me. I quickly relieve myself, and leave the shot glasses on the counter. I stare at myself in the mirror, my hands gripping the counter edge.

     The pretty makeup that Stacey applied is a little smudged, but still intact. I wipe at the smudges. They streak even more. Black splotches surround my eyes, they make me look like a raccoon.

     Remembering the up and down scan Savannah gave me, I frown at my reflection. She's a supermodel. A gorgeous, Native American supermodel with flowing black hair and amazing cream colored eyes.

     "How can I compete with that, silly?" I ask my reflection, stifling a laugh when I remember my mirrored image can't answer me. The vodka shots spread through me quickly.

    "I can't. That's it! I'll have to call Cedric and tell him I give up. I'm a genius!" I let out a large burp. It seems like a marvelous idea at the moment.

     I stumble out the door and into the hallway. It's dark and I stumble on the carpet. This is like a roller coaster! I can't wait to go downstairs and dance.

     But I have to take care of something first.

     I lean against the wall and slide down, down, down until my butt cheeks hit the floorboards. I stretch out my legs until they hit the banister to the stairs. Moaning, I bend forward and rip off my heels. They squeeze my toes, I want them gone.

     My hand fishes my phone from my bra and I stare at the screen. It reads 1:34 AM. Wow. Time flies when you're having fun.

     It takes me a minute to go through my contacts. My brain is too fuzzy and jumbled to concentrate.

     I click Cedric's name without any preamble. There is no waiting. I'm going to let him have it! He needs to get out of my brain so I can have more fun.

     The phone rings on and on. I start to grow impatient until he finally picks up.

    "Hello? Hendrix?" His thick voice is groggy wkth sleep. I woke him up. I let myself bask in the little victory.

    "I don't care that you... that you have her." I slur into the speaker, trying to collect my flying thoughts. It's like grasping at little birds as they fly past my face.

     "Where are you? Why do you sound like that?" He demands. His voice is more alert now, sleep drawing away. There's rustling on the other end.

    "I'm trying to have fun, but you won't go away. You won't go out of my mind. Why do you want to torture me?" I ramble, I rub at my throbbing forehead. "I don't care, I don't care, I don't care."

     "Hendrix, what's going on? Are you alright?"

     "I have a bunch of boys who like me. I could kiss one. I could have someone else, but I can't because of you." I let out a little sniffle and turn my head to rest on my shoulder."I love you, but you don't care about me. You like Savannah. She's so prettyttyyy, and I'm not."

     There's nothing but silence on the other side.

    "Baby, are you drunk?" He sounds incredulous, breathless. Cedric is never breathless.

     "You don't love me. I'm gonna get over you and find someone new. He'll be so great. You wait and see, Mister." I mean for the words to sound like I'm a boss woman, but they come out all gargley. Tears are filling my eyes too. I thought talking to him would be a good idea, but now I'm even more sad as I face the facts.

     There's a crash downstairs, followed by a stream of cheers.

     "You're at a party, aren't you? A frat party? What's gotten into you?" He demands. There's rustling on his end, and I shrug.

     "Beer. And vodka. It hurt my throat. The beer was nasty too. I like the punch though. Punch is gooood." I explain. I play with the hem of my red dress and run a finger down my thigh. I'm so cold and sad.

     "They don't have the heat on. I need more vodka, make me warm like a blankey." I mumble in a singsong voice. It reminds me of the voice my Daddy used to use when I was a kid.

     "Stay right where you are. I'm coming to get you. I'm already out the door." He sounds angry and harsh. I didn't like it when he gets that way, I like soft and gentle Cherry. Mean Cherry is no fun.

     He has to be joking. He won't come here. He has Savannah, remember? Even though a deep sadness grips me, I'm satisfied when I end the call.

     "Boop!" I say when I press the button to end the call. I stare at the screen awhile longer. It's blank now. Completely black. Just like how I feel on the inside.

     "Hey! Hendrix! How'd you get all the way up here?" Dylan comes up the stairs. His hair is sweaty and plastered to his forehead. He wears a shiny grin of relief, and I smile at him.

     He's nice. Cedric is mean.

     I stand up and try to walk over to him, but I almost collapse when everything goes topsy turvy. I'm not wearing heels and I'm still a mess!

     Dylan catches me with an arm around my back, tight fingers digging into my flesh.

     "Just a little potty break, Dylan! Just a potty break. You're such a silly goose." I lilt, trying to shove Cedric out of my mind.

     My sweet Dylan stares at me, a slow smile spreads across his face. I feel his hand go down to my butt and squeeze it. I squeal and then start cackling like crazy. That was hilarious!

     "You're so..." I let out a tiny hiccup, "..funny, Dylan."

     He nods his head absently before looking around warily, and then smiling down at me again.

     "Let's go get some more drinks. It'll be fun." He whispers.

     "Yay! I love fun."

✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰

If you're reading this, you're a beautiful person:)

Sorry for all the cliffhangers! I can't help it. I need something to get y'all coming back for more.

At least you don't have to wait too long. Next update will be on Monday!

Also, I know y'all get excited about the story, but demanding for me to update won't make it happen any quicker. Sometimes 1-2 chapters a week is a struggle as it is.

Wattpad isn't my life. I work full time, I have family and friends that I spend time with. I'm happy you love the chapters, but I can't put out more than I'm capable of.

See you soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.6K 39
BOOK 1 He hovered over me in silence while I gathered my senses. "Why are you here Deacon?" I finally asked. I heard his gruff sigh before he knelt d...
835 101 8
In this world of supernatural beings, power, and greed act as a catalyst for violence and war. Humans are subordinate in every sense and reside at th...
87.6K 3.4K 31
"Privacy is only temporary between you and me." *** At four years old, Sophia was spared the fate that befell the rest of her family. The daughter of...
512 197 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...