Catch Me If You Can (Durarara...

By opaaru

Promises don't last forever but she is willing to do everything to keep it. She will fight and keep the promi... More

Chapter 00| Back In Ikebukuro
Chapter 02 | Stay with Me
Chapter 03 | Undying Love
Chapter 04 | The Bet
Chapter 05 | A Butler?!
Chapter 06 | Izaya, On the Move
Chapter 07 | Onii-tan!!
Chapter 08 | Jealousy? Part 1
Chapter 09 | Jealousy? Part 2
Chapter 10 | My Little Red Matryoshka
Chapter 11 | Sick Of Love
Chapter 12 | Snowy Days
Chapter 13 | Cats & Dogs
Chapter 14 | City Lights
❆ Author's Note ❆
Chapter 15 | The Love Broker
Chapter 16 | The Date
Chapter 17 | Fear
Chapter 18 | Something Missing
☆ Happy Birthday, Onii-tan! ☆
Chapter 19 | Good Girl
Chapter 20 | Feelings? Part 1
Chapter 21| Feelings? Part 2
Chapter 22 | Reunion Part 1
Chapter 23 | Reunion Part 2
Chapter 24 | Vague Feeling
Chapter 25 | Hide Away
Chapter 26 | One Night Stand
Chapter 27 | Under The Mistletoe
Chapter 28 | Sweet Pandemonium
Chapter 29 | Out of the Blue
Chapter 30 | Inestimable Memento
Chapter 31 | Brewing Danger
Chapter 32 | Hummings
Chapter 33 | Inlove
Chapter 34 | Inexplicable Happiness
Chapter 35 | Dissolving the Chains
Chapter 36 | Trapped
hi der
NEW COVER ♡
Dear Readers
Hello Readers!
Woah

Chapter 01 | Two Different Worlds

3.3K 119 29
By opaaru

"Knowing it and seeing it are two different things."

-Suzanne Collins

Chapter 01

Two Different Worlds

Third Person View

22 years ago. . .

"Is she going to be alright?" The man murmured, sitting next to a plush bed as he held the pale limp hand of his wife.

". . . hopefully she will." Another man who crouched over the pale woman murmured, checking her heartbeat with a stethoscope. "But there is a fifty-fifty chance."

The man stared down at his pale beloved, her eyes were closed and her breathing barely present.

"Your wife's body is getting weaker and weaker, and when she gave birth. . ." The doctor sighed deeply. "Her body won't response anymore."

"A-Anna. . ." The man choked, his eyes lowering in concern soon tears pricked his eyes. He pressed his lips together as he kissed the woman's hand.

"I will leave you these," the doctor gives him his wife's vitamins and supplements before folding his medical utensils away into his bag.

"Dr. Greene. . ." The husband pleaded as the doctor turned to leave.

The man stopped in his tracks as he stood. "Mr. Akiyama," Dr. Greene addressed the man solemnly.

"Will my daughter . . . adapt this as well?" The man asked lacing his fingers to his cold hand; the man gazed upon the woman's body sadly.

Dr. Greene's eyeglasses glinted in the dim light of sunset, his features grim and serious. "She might."

"Daddy!" The eight-year-old squealed in happiness when she saw her father standing on the middle of the room, on his phone. There was a glint of hope in her eyes as she ran towards her busy father.

Her father turned his back for a second, just to tell the person to pause their conversation. Her small feet halted from running, when she lifted her eyes to her father's grinning face.

He turned to embrace the child in his arms, to hoist her up gently, scooping her up from her tippy toes. The giggles of the young girl filled the room and brought joy to the servants that watched secretly. The atmosphere was no longer dim and gloomy but it was replaced by joy and love. The sound of her pleasing laughter, gave them all smiles to their faces.

"Daddy, do you want to play with me?" The girl asked, her voice was soft like a fluffy pillow and her big round eyes looked at his, to see if there's any chance of him to spare a little time with her.

However, the girl was smart enough to see in his eyes that he'd love to but there's work to do. Although, she wanted to, she has to respect her father; she knew that her father is working hard for her.

"Uh. . ." Clearly, he is stating that he's not so sure, how to answer her. He didn't want to disappoint his daughter and besides the two of them hasn't been spending time together. At her age, she must be given true happiness, but how will she have that?

The girl bit her lip when her father slowly crouched down to put her down on her feet. She knew right away what he would say, so before he could even open his mouth to say anything, she mumbled.

"Do you need to go to work, Daddy?"

Her father nodded slowly, reaching out for her hands, he tried to smile. But she never gave the bitter smile or that sour face, although it was hard, she gave her very best smile.

"It's okay. There's always next time, right?" The girl chirped, tilting her head indicating that she's good with it.

Her father smiled in response of her thoughtfulness. Just this smile and gesture she made, reminded him of her tender loving wife, Anne. Anne always had this smile which brings people into good vibes, and this is why, the man fell in love with her; besides there are reasons why we love our lovers, maybe it's their killer smile, they're personality, looks or even the silliest thing they ever did. We all have our reasons, but that was just one of the reasons why he loved Anne; her great sense of humor, her personality and looks, she was after all his 'package deal'.

But all good things must end sometimes and sometimes, no matter how your heart aches for something or someone, they won't come back; something lost will never return, remember? Not even the pet your parent told you that ran away- or so told.

And since he knew that he could never see a lady like her ever again; he wants her to become like her mother, to follow her footsteps as an independent woman. And whenever her father would look at her face, it just makes him want to burst out in tears since he couldn't do anything to save her. Frankly, he'd do anything to retrieve her, even if it was to cost millions of pounds, dollars or even yen. But money can't buy souls or retrieve the dead; only God has the power but. . .

Everything happens for a reason. Even when all hope seems to be lost, something good always comes out of it. You just have to open your eyes to see.

Maybe, the child is a blessing from God for him; blessings are rare at his state. And if there are blessings or miracles, treasure it while you can. Right?

***

She liked his eyes that were the thing she liked the most or at least that's what she thinks. They were this dark creamy chocolate brown color, the sort of color guys in magazines had them, so you could stare at their faces and wish you had them as well. Not only did his eyes attract her, but also his smile. But he wasn't that type of person who would show his smile just to anyone. He'd give you a smugly smile, or a fake one, but if he likes you, he'd give you that killer smile that she loves so much.

I love that smile.

I love his smile.

It was summer time in Ikebukuro- with the summer solstice upon the city; people across the world are looking for new ways to beat the sun. The sun blazes over the park, everyone was trying to head to their destination quickly as possible, to avoid the heat of the sun.

While I sat on the middle of the park, sitting on the balcony as I watch the old lady who fed the hungry birds. It was my first time to get out of our place and it was my first time to disobey my father.

The sound of rushing water, and the smell of dry grass. Everything felt dry and rough, it felt uncomfortable. The heat was too much for me, since I was young and I didn't bring anything with me. No money, water or food; maybe I should have thought of that in the first place. But there was no time for that, when I saw a golden opportunity, I raced myself out of the place.

"I'm so happy. . ." I smiled to myself as my eyes wander around the park. Although it was very hot and I wasn't use to this heavy temperature, I was always that happy child that would look at it in a good way.

I finally felt free, besides freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. But nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or anything. If you're a human, you take it if there's a chance.

Unfortunately, I was a fragile kid, I wasn't able to stand the heat and before I could even wander around Ikebukuro for more, I passed out and was brought to a nearby hospital. At first, I thought it was all just a dream but then, I realized it wasn't; there was no siren of the ambulance, no growls of my father's words, but warm arms around me.

About three to four hours later, I have awakened from my long slumber. My eyes fluttered open almost as if it's a butterfly, slowly opening its wet wings. As my eyes adjust to the sun that shone from the window, purple dots danced around my sight. The beeping sound of the machine was all I could hear in the room. Shortly, I heard my breathing coming in, I was wearing an oxygen mask and it gave me a slight fright. I squinted my eyes if it was all real and it was reality, it wasn't a dream or a nightmare.

I had this feeling that someone was watching me, so I moved my eyes carefully and calmly. I saw an emotionless boy with drop dead dark eyes, a brown fringe of hair was parted from the other two. He examined me very well from his seat, he didn't talk or moved. But he was breathing; he was like a living statue. This made me sweat drop, and more uncomfortable.

"You are one lucky girl. After Kasuka saw you, his brother took you here in the hospital." A friendly smile plastered on her face as she gently takes my oxygen mask off me. This must be the doctor.

I was a shy girl and I knew if I didn't leave home, I wouldn't be there. He was a very quiet kid and I hesitated to talk to him, but he seemed nice anyway.

"T-thank you." I whispered, enough for the boy to hear me; he nodded slowly in return.

I have always respected Kasuka even though he barely talks or even show some emotion. It was awkward at first, but after a few minutes, I got to talk to him smoothly.

"Come with me." The dark brown headed boy spoke with a slight wince.

I jolted from my sitting position and whirled my head to Kasuka. "Where are we going?" I queried, following the boy's step. The boy walked very slowly and he was scanning to see if there was anyone looking at the both of us.

Room 67

The room was next to mine. Kasuka held the yellow knob to the door, pressing it a little then unlocking it. Air filled my lungs as I blurted out his name. "K-kasuka!"

As the door clicked; I didn't feel right, I felt anxious for coming in there, for even leaving home. However, it didn't stop me, I stood there as Kasuka gestured me in. There was no time for being apprehensive.

Orange sunlight poured from the floor-to-ceiling windows, reflecting off to the young man's chocolate brown eyes. A frown was on the young man's face when he saw the two of us entering the room.

As I gazed to the young man, I pressed my lips tightly and on the other hand, Kasuka stood beside me with no signs of emotion. He turned his head over to his shoulder to look at my hazel brown eyes, I gulped. I surmised that something must be wrong but there was also this weird silence that bothered me.

Who is this person? Was he the big brother, the doctor that has mentioned? The racing sound of my heartbeat, it wasn't there when I was with Kasuka. It was . . . different. The uneasy feeling I had started shooting up my spine.

"Yo." The young man on the bed waved a hand.

At the moment he spoke, my world was coated in blue. My lips and eyes trembled to see, he wasn't afraid and neither was Kasuka. Most kids would run away from me, or get scared; I was a normal kid, but they treated me like I was a freak, a parasite or a monster. I stood there, dumbfounded by the two boys. They didn't run away.

I blinked and rubbed my cheek when I felt liquid running down my cheek. Could it be? Is this what's it like to have 'Tears of Joy'? I pressed my palm to my cheek to see if there were more tears. I shifted my eyes to the young man who was surprisingly looking at me with concern. His dark chocolate eyes darted on mine, it beamed with concern.

The scene before me turned to its natural color. The color ran back like it was a waterfall, rushing down so quickly or perhaps it was burning lava. I whipped my head to look at Kasuka who's a bit confused by my tears.

"Um . . ." The young man reached out for my hand, "are you okay? Have I done something wrong?"

Why was I so naive?

Thump. Thump.

I must have looked so stupid in front of them. I finally felt so free; there were no gates, chains or anything that kept me in. I was free like a bird.

"I'm okay." I said, trying my best to give him a smile. I held back the tears that must have been keeping it even when I was skirting around Ikebukuro.

As those words left my mouth, I was trap in his beautiful eyes that the sun gave so much attention to. As if it was whispering my name again and again. His eyes were like a chocolate fountain, dipping in marshmallows and coating it with goodness. I love those eyes. I was savoring the moment.

He was looking around in bewilderment, and then he raised an eyebrow to Kasuka. Assuming, Kasuka to introduce me to him, but I haven't introduce myself to anyone. Kasuka shrugged shortly, giving him the 'I don't know' look. With a curt nod, the young man turned to me and asked me. "What's your name?"

***

"Hikaru. My name is Hikaru Akiyama." I scowled as I narrowed my eyes into slits and curled my hands up into fists.

I guess this is how people in Ikebukuro welcome new comers these days. How fascinating.

"Shizu-chan, didn't your parents tell you not to hurt girl?" The man, who this bastard called Izaya, turned to him, plastering a smirk.

"Hikaru . . . ?" The man's eyebrows rose, his eyes lingering down my body. What the man did next surprised me. He loosened his grip on my sweater and peeled off his fingers. His eyes bored through mine, making me feel as if he were assessing me.

"No, it can't be." I heard him mutter under his breath.

Why do I have this feeling that . . .?

"What?" I blurted, trying to look at his eyes but his blue sunglasses hid those eyes.

He didn't reply but he was in his calmer state, he's eyes didn't twitch and his muscles loosened.

Could he be?

My heart seemed to slow down until it was almost as if it was no longer beating, and perhaps . . . it wasn't.

"Are you. . . Heiwajima Shizuo?" I asked, tilting my head as I observe his face.

He halted for a second, his grip on his fists faded and his mouth dropped open. Shaking his head quickly, he ran a hand behind his nape.

"Yea."

"I-I . . . can't believe it." I stammered, falling apart, not knowing what to say or do. Tears streamed down my cheeks as it plopped onto the sooty ground like darts falling from the heavens above.

He gazed again to my eyes and looked at my sour face, his vivid brown orbs widening a little.

Those eyes. I could finally see them again.

Izaya cocked his head almost imperceptibly with a gleam of curiosity shining in his eyes. He took a step forward and smirked, murmuring words that we couldn't hear.

I took a deep breath, reminding myself why I was here: I was here to find Shizuo, but I never thought it would be this easy. Crisp air burned my lungs as I snapped my arms around him, throwing it without further ado. For some reason it felt right, for some reason I didn't care. All the assumptions were confirmed after seeing those eyes; the puzzle pieces were finally fell together.

Thump. Thump.

I tried to slow my quickened pulse, but I was overwhelmed with happiness that it made me cry in tears. I tightened the hug so that I could calm down, I was hoping for him to hug back but he didn't. Not even a friendly pat on the back. I quickly slipped my hand to his nape and whimpered. "I'm home." My voice was shaky and tired.

Once I was calmed down, he picked me up so lightly, making sure I was comfortable, as he cradle me close to his chest. "Shush, don't cry too much, will ya? It's okay, I'm here."

It felt as if sparkles projected the two of us, pink and red roses blooming ever so beautifully. I sensed him, hiding his flushed face, making me smile.

Izaya huffed, placing a hand on his hip dramatically with a smirk. "My job here is done." He breathed.

I didn't know why he did that but after he said that, he skirted his way out and left the two of us. A cool breeze went pass us, the scent of the winter air surpassing the two of us. It felt strange. But to think of it, after all the waiting I did, it paid the price; I was finally in his arms again and those two different worlds collided.

AUTHOR's NOTE:
Dedicated to @AutumnRaspberry for giving me my first cover. Edited this chapter on 3/30/15. I hope you guys like this chapter and if you do, give a vote!

~JeimChan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 230 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
57.1K 1.1K 95
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
26.2K 2.3K 43
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
63K 3.5K 76
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...