Letters and Latte | Ryeji

Galing kay louvrelibrary

Innocent smiles, genuine laughters, and pristine hearts. Are love letters and sweet notes still a thing? Fort... Higit pa

Letters and Latte
01 - Pilot
02 - Walk
04 - Simba
05 - S.R.J.
06 - Warmth
07 - Superstar
08 - Unsanitary
09 - Latte
10 - Sip
11 - Fan
12 - R's
13 - Temperature
14 - Star
15 - Mocha
16 - Yejoon
17 - Library
18 - Happy
19 - Notes
20 - Backstage
21 - Mute
22 - Cold
23 - Scary
24 - Finals
25 - Christmas
26 - Sunshine
27 - Seoul
28 - Dean's
29 - Dream
30 - Spring
31 - Family
32 - College
33 - Answer
34 - Gift
35 - Until

03 - Strawberry

10.3K 426 386
Galing kay louvrelibrary

The effulgent light illuminated the radiant moon, it bedazzled, shone alongside with the flickering stars across the black flank of the sky. It gleamed for the whole city, for it entirely stood out the essence of the evening. The two made a galvanizing combination of crafting the nightfall beautiful and elegant tonight.

Streets were replete with bustling people, the stores were all lit up with signages and promotions to attract the consumers' picky likings. The highway wasn't congested with any traffic jam, a bunch of people wait for their time to cross down the road. A tired street marketer promoted their depleted diners.

The dark came off with a chilly hint of air, students were dressed in their thick hoodies, the professionals were wearing their scarfs, and everyone was fighting their cold through the thermal sheets of fabric glued on them.

"What does it say?" Scooping up another spoon of mild spicy ramen, she hurriedly brings it up to her mouth before the wind ventilated the warmth of its seething soup.

The pink haired girl peeked on the tiny thin sheet of paper, unfolding it into half, and quietly read it using her eyes. "What, Ryu?"

"The usual writings. Same old ones. That's it."

Chaeryeong stole the paper but Ryujin had zippy reflex, she brought it back to its folded state, keeping it inside her pocket, taking a huge bite on her fish cake. "Don't even try."

Fridays were cheat days. Ryujin and Chaeryeong dropped by the city to grab some delightful street foods, any foods that caught their taste buds. It was settled only during Friday because Chaeryeong didn't wait for her best friend to walk back home with her every single day. Specifically now that Chaeryeong would be heeded with a lot of activities in the Youth Forum. Ryujin understood, Hyunjin and Heejin were the ones accompanying her on the way home.

"Let's get Chinese food now, hurry up." The forward striker swallowed the last bite of fish cake, not minding how would she look like if somebody was judging her eating habits.

Chaeryeong squinted her eyes, they literally just spent the first ten minutes in the food stall and yet Ryujin was all done like nothing occured. "Go back and sit here or I won't pay for your festive orders of food." She retorted.

"Tss." Ryujin didn't have a choice but obey.

"It's been like three years and you're even not trying to hunt down for that unknown human."

Ryujin raked her attention on the swarm of people on the street. "I never encountered a Lucy at school, Ryeong. I don't know, okay?"

Not that Ryujin really tried hard to search out for the anonymous person, she thought they might be using a pen name or something. Apparently, the letters or short notes were always being read of Ryujin alone, she found it adorable but frustrated the hell out of her when she was reminded that the person wasn't someone she knew. Three years, and still, no any clue had been found, ever.

Ryujin waited for the person, but it always appeared as they were not destined to meet or to even see that someone in person. So, trying to search out for this person today wouldn't do anything helpful, but the messages they continuously have had been sending somehow made Ryujin heart's jovial and warmhearted. Who wouldn't?

"Did you even think that's the person's real name?" Chaeryeong replied, biting the last piece of meat of ramen into little fragments.

"The probability of making "Lucy" as a pen name has high chances. So, she's a girl then."

Chaeryeong discreetly rolled her eyes. "I saw that, Ryeong. You're not as sneaky as me."

"Dumb. Of course, she's a girl. Wait, I'll try to search what does Lucy mean! It can help." Ryujin gestured her to go on to whatever plan she had. After all, she was slowly giving up in finding the accurate identity of this secret admirer of hers. And, as if the girl wanted to be known. It had been three years. Why they couldn't just reveal themselves? This what Ryujin always wondered, she couldn't even fathom.

"Lucy is an English or French feminine name from a Latin masculine name called Lucius with the meaning of light. Interesting, isn't?"

Ryujin remained straight face. "Or Lucy can be a short term from Lucifer. Yeah, interesting."

"Ryujin!" Chaeryeong slapped her friend's hand. "Like what you said, this girl is like a fond girl, full of sweet messages and letters."

"You know what, we just need more foods."

Chaeryeong breathed out, pulling close her windbreaker to cover her shivering figure. Ryujin, on the other hand, wasn't fazed of the glacial the surrounding, she even had 3/4 bottoms and graphic long sleeve tee. A truly unbothered in the midst of winter.

Ryujin dragged her best friend to another hub and it was replete with Chinese foods. Then Ryujun hastily ordered from the menu, and neglected her best friend's approval of how much she must only buy. "Is your brother letting you starve at home? I'm going broke because of you."

"Just eat your stir fry dumplings, seriously."

"These dumplings remind me of Yeji." The pink haired girl discontinued from eating, drifting her head to where Chaeryeong was facing. She gave Ryujin a confused reaction.

Ryujin took another bite of spring rolls, and made unnecessary noxious crunchy sound, before responding to Chaeryeong. "How this dumpling reminds you of Yeji? Unless you..."

"Her cheeks and these dumplings, see? I'm convinced people get more stupid everyday."

Ryujin mimicked her best friend's jaundiced eye rolls, and munched on the orange chicken. Purchasing the usual can of a cold coke zero, she placed the excessive coins in Chaeryeong's pocket. She stood in the corner while she studied all these walking back and forth people. The presence of Christmas was getting nearer day by day. She didn't feel it, but the cold. Ryujin sighed, feeling a little bit dejected.

"Sometimes, I think you have a grinder in your mouth, you just literally swallow foods."

"You're just a slow eater. Do you wanna go home?" The night was still young, she didn't have any curfew or regulations she should follow. But as for her best friend, she must be aware of the time, Chaeryeong's parents could be strict and Ryujin knew all of it.

Chaeryeong thought for a second, wiping off the stains of the oil around the edges of her lips. "They're having action films right now and, I'd rather suffer under your presence."

The pink haired girl smirked, Chaeryeong wasn't a huge fan of action films. There was no way in hell she would force herself to try these earsplitting fire of guns, blasting of bombs, spurting of fresh bloods, and many violent killings. Ryujin took her bumper opportunity to make the most of it so she grasped her best friend's wrist to a milk tea shop. And, Chaeryeong quickly rolled her eyes in irritation.

"Ryujin, I swear on Earth, I'm running out of coins. Can we at least share one for this?"

"Fine. Your pick then, you're about to cry." Teasing, the forward striker excitedly looked on the available menu, everything was on the list of her favourites excluding for that one flavour she despised a lot like literally hates it with her entire existence and dead body.

Matcha.

For Ryujin, pineapples on pizza can be cool to tolerate but the certain taste of this awful, terrible, and extremely disgusting milk tea flavor could make her want to vomit all the things she ate. Even the foul smell, it was already disgusting. What even more taking a sip and let it flow down to your throat. Tha was just a no.

But, Chaeryeong liked to play around. And, Ryujin internally cussed at her best friend. "Wanna take a sip? It's so good, Ryu! C'mon!"

"No, nope, never. Have fun, hope you don't choke." Ryujin grimaced, she just wanted to have some boba pearls, was it too much to ask?

"If you will only give it a chance, don't be a hoe! It tastes like when all cheese combine!"

Ryeong offered her medium sized drink, and waited for Ryujin to wholeheartedly accept it. In this case, the coffee haired girl opted for a revenge since Ryujin kept teasing the hell out of her today. It was time for ridiculous payback time. She didn't poll the lady to put in on 100% sugar level, instead it was only 25%.

Slowly, Ryujin grabbed the well-decorated skin of the drink, bringing the metal straw on her lips, and sipped a small amount of it before she puked. Not minding whoever was in her front, Chaeryeong acted surprised as if Ryujin would change her perception about matcha. Regretting, Ryujin glared down on her.

"This is what I get for trusting you." Ryujin coughed, spitting the remaining substances of the demoralizing matcha inside her mouth, slugging down the coke zero, and cursing on her wicked best friend through her very sharp gloat. Chaeryeong, being the nicest individual she was, handed Ryujin a soft tissue and the latter aggressively copped it.

"Remember the girl I told you about like, uh, yesterday? That's her. Yeah, I can't be wrong."

The coffee haired girl pointed out a certain young beautiful towering girl inside the local convenience store, scanning out for some snacks to grab and eat, crouching down and sorting the tag prices of each products. Ryujin drifted her head to the direction that Chaeryeong conveyed, and recognised the girl right away after jumping up high garnering her delightful snacks.

"You really like cute girls, don't you?" The forward striker mischievously smirked, and wriggled her eyebrows into motion. Instead of receiving an eye roll from her best bud, Ryujin earned a powerful pinch on the arm and suffered in sting of Chaeryeong's hands.

"She just helped me to bring the books, the hell? And, you prefer pretty girls. Did you hear me pestering you about it huh, Ryujin?"

"Woah, woah, woah, so cute girls are really your type for real? I should've known, you might be falling for me." Winking, Ryujin run away before she assimilated another whacking, her feet spawned towards the area where the cute girl they were talking about found her snacks. She didn't wait for Chaeryeong anymore and pushed the door to hunt anything for her unsatisfied stomach.

Her chocolate brown eyes brightened up as she sauntered her way to the ice cream corner close to the beverage section. There was no other customer in the ice cream corner, and she didn't waste a minute to grab a cone, didn't notice she slightly bumped her elbow to a stranger beside her. She quickly apologised.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you." Ryujin repeatedly knuckled under, but got a little surprised when it wasn't a stranger at all.

"O-Oh, hey." A subtle hint of pink tint rose on both cheeks, heart was inching large hops as their eye contact abided, Yeji was confused whether she would just awkwardly gleam or faint in front of the number one soccer player crush she adored. In the end, she opted to chill out.

Ryujin on the other hand felt ridiculous so she settled for a smile to minimise the idiocy. "Did I hurt you? I'm really sorry, Yeji." Ryujin said another apology, but that only made Yeji embarrassed more, she immediately grinned.

"No, no, it's alright. It didn't even hurt a bit."

"But still, I wanna make it up to you."

"There's no need, I promise. Thank you."

Ryujin didn't give up easily.

"Grab a cone and pick your most favourite ice cream flavour. Do it or I will." Yeji sighed, only because the on-going combustion inside her chest was extremely pounding. She took a single cone, maneuvering the machine to have her most favourite ice cream flavour with a stupid smile written across her glossy face.

"Strawberry? You like strawberry? I guess, we have the same taste." Ryujin spoke in a way Yeji continued to sustain her own little misery. She didn't even try to connect her gaze to the latter but it would make the air uncomfortable more if she would just stay silent.

"Is it because of your hair?" Shutting off her feline eyes for a second, Yeji only noticed that it sounded a bit absurd. She bit the corner of her bottom lip.

The charming whiskers of the soccer player blossomed, and Yeji was quick to grasp a sight on that for a second. "Not really, this is what my brother gives me when he gets home at night."

"He's working already?"

"Yeah, he works in a hotel. Sometimes, he doesn't go home but it doesn't really matter."

Ryujin just shrugged off the thought, clasping the same size of cone Yeji got for herself and waited for her turn to have the strawberry flavour. "You're alone in some evenings?"

"Uh-huh, why did you ask?"

Yeji casted down, she had no any idea. Ryujin didn't have anybody at home during nighttime even though they were a several steps away from each other. "That must be..."

"Lonely?" Disagreeing, Yeji shook her head and watched the striker did her own thing.

There was a terse silence after their short talk, Yeji stayed still on the side while Ryujin culled to devour the dainty cream, licking all the melting ice cream all over the cone. Yeji was flabbergasted to the way Ryujin savoured it. It was hot...sexy...and definitely rocked her inner peace in the corner. Now, Yeji lost it.

"W-We haven't paid for this yet, hold on—" The pink haired girl stopped her by doing any movements, holding her wrist and just cares about almost finishing her food. "You should do the same thing I'm doing right now. Do it."

"W-What?"

Ryujin smirked. "Finish up yours too so we can get another one, we didn't have to pay for it."

Yeji thought for a second, that was a kind of a bad ass side of the striker she hadn't seen before and at the same time she found that cool. "You're so used to from doing this thing."

Yeji just followed what Ryujin told her and she felt like she was already a bad ass. And then, they ushered towards the cashier to pay for it. Ryujin rummaged through her pockets to get coins, and her eyes grew in terror. She didn't have anything, not even a cent saved within.

Luckily, Yeji was not noticing her queasy
demeanor. Ryujin looked around to make a plan to get away with from this unwieldy crap she had gotten herself. They heard heavy stomps and perceived somebody they personally knew.

"An ice cream! You didn't tell me you'd get one!"

"I didn't know as well, Yuna. She's going to pay for me." Yeji explained that added more pressure for Ryujin. The glass door was swung open, and the pink haired girl excused herself from Yeji, dragging the wrist of person away that came in recently. Chaeryeong was confused, really.

"What the hell, Ryujin?! You left me, then you had the nuts to harshly drag me suddenly?!" Ryujin covered her mouth, and did a "hush" gesture to her best friend. It would be more a lot embarrasing for her if Yeji would hear it.

"I insisted to pay for me and Yeji's ice cream but I didn't know I had no bills. I need your help, Ryeong! I promise to not bully you for the whole week next week." Desperate, she persuaded the poker-faced Chaeryeong.

"I wasn't kidding when I said you consumed all of my money." Ryujin's shoulders slumped down, little did they know, Yeji was secretely hiding behind the racks and heard their whispery quarrel. Chaeryeong saw her, and mused her lips for Ryujin to notice it but the latter was too dumb to analyse what was going on. Yeji smiled and approached them.

"What? Don't just pout at me and help me—"

"Ryujin." Yeji quietly cooed her name, Ryujin on the other hand was ataken back crisply.

"Were you—"

Yeji interrupted, "It's okay, I paid for it. It's not really a huge deal." her eyes gleamed too in unison with her mouth, Ryujin found any mark of blemish across Yeji's face only to figure out the cat-eyed girl was indeed the epitome of celestial cherub from above.

Ryujin malfunctioned for a moment, admiring the round innocent, bubbly, cute face of Yeji.

"You're embarrassing, I don't know her, Yeji." Chaeryeong broke the stillness and moved forward to Yeji, abandoning Ryujin with her slightly parted mouth, earning a stifled giggle from the cat-eyed girl. And Ryujin coughed to compose herself to face them.

"Are you alone?"

"I'm with a friend, we just ate." Yeji replied.

Chaeryeong searched for a certain blonde girl knowing that the girl was friends with Yeji that probably she was also talking about right now. "Where is she, though? Did she leave you?" Ryujin silently listened to their conversation and smirked as soon as she realised her best friend was already making ways to connect their converse to the 'cute girl' without intruding.

"Oh, no, she's actually here. We're waiting for this outdoor concert later, she asked me to stay outside for a bit longer." As if the shining sun struck the glinting eyes of Chaeryeong, an idea popped onto her brilliant mind.

"Really? Because, that's what I'm planning to do as well! I'm glad I'd have some company."

Ryujin immediately scrunched up her nose, there was no initial planning regarding the talk Chaeryeong that just made up, and a foot hit her and one thing was for sure. Her own best friend abrupt so called plans for this evening was settled, and Ryujin didn't have a choice or Chaeryeong wouldn't help her in doing the piles of homework.

Being a student athlete, nobody was entirely excused.

"We have few minutes left."

"Don't worry, she's just here."

"Yeji-ah! I found your favorite snack so you won't be bored later, I got you something to chew on!" Yuna dove into the scene, with a pack of the snack Yeji loved to eat everytime.

"Oh, hi everyone! Shin Yuna!"

"Yeah, we know. I'm Chaeryeong. Are you coming to the free outside concert later on?" Yeji stepped backward for them to have a wider secluded area to speak, Ryujin felt the same way so she opted to interlink her gaze to Yeji, signaling her to come by her side quickly.

"Whatever you're thinking as of the moment, just keep it to yourself because you're right." Whispering, Ryujin leaned forward to her, Yeji then hit her inner cheek. She really did feel the hot breath of the pink haired girl against her neck due to the few inch gap. Yeji couldn't help but blush.

That was probably the closest, most intimate and closest way of Ryujin talking with her and Yeji would admit, she liked it. But, she wouldn't tell. She liked what was happening for them, at least they were building this unofficial friendship Yeji just assumed since the famous soccer player was truly friendly inside and outside of the campus.

"See, they forgot they were with us." With a smug look on her face, Ryujin watched the two scampered away, chatting as if they were great friends for a long time. Where in fact, the coffee-haired girl only had a decent convo with the blonde tonight. Things were kind of fast for the two of them. And, maybe, they both enjoyed each other's presence already.

"I guess, we should just follow wherever they're heading to." Yeji finally uttered the words after controlling back the beating across her chest, timidly smiling to Ryujin.

The night completely burgeoned on the wide street, air was slowly getting thicker, the mist become visible as the light from the street lights passed through them. Many individuals bound in the midst of the area.

Ryujin steadied her orbs on the avenue, on the route where Chaeryeong and Yuna were in their own world. Having a lot of thought like why her best friend appeared to be like an old predator with a child but obviously, Ryujin would never say that to her in order to be alive and to kick around her best friend.

Meanwhile, through peripheral vision, the cat-eyed girl couldn't help herself from the intense staring at her crush. She just really couldn't believe the days she was spending with her, maybe, it was the fact that Ryujin was chained to Chaeryeong. Chaeryeong, a member of Youth Forum, become her friend recently. Now, their world was getting smaller.

"I love music but what Chaeryeong would listen later on is the kind of music I dislike."

Yeji jolted up, she must really manipulate all her little action and reaction whenever Ryujin started to speak with her. Because if this stupid combustion went on and Ryujin noticed it, she would have no face to show ever.

"Pop can be mediocre, almost everyone loves it because it's what buzzing around generally."

"Exactly!" Ryujin almost yelled up her voice too much, and Yeji nearly combusted again.

"Finally someone can understand me. I like the ones that are underrated, like not famous songs. It gives me excitement to know only few people could jam to it." Yeji smiles at the thought, she always saw the latter wearing airpods at school, and the way she shared about her opinions about it, making her giddy was a great sight. Plus the cute whiskers were showing.

"How about you? Based on your demeanor..." Ryujin scrutinised Yeji from  head down to her feet, of course, Yeji had gotten conscious with the way Ryujin examined her very closely.

Yeji timidly grinned, eyeing the road. "W-What?"

"Sappy, romantic, and lively music. A mix of pop and ballad. And, perhaps, a bit indie?" Yeji's smile grew wide and so did Ryujin's.

"I supposed, I got it all right, huh?" Again, her famous smug look, and smirk across her face never failed to wobble Yeji's knees like really.

"Lately, I've been listening to indie. Taylor Swift's music molds all the teenager's silly hearts. My favorite track will be Invisible."

"Oh, that's an old one, right? I don't know if you knew this but I like My Obsession a lot."

Yeji furrowed her forehead, it sounds foreign. "I never hear that, that must be a good one."

"Kind of? I mean, it depends on you. Try to listen to it if you have the time, you'll like it." Ryujin felt great, to be precise, she was very blissful to talk about this kind of stuff with someone. The last time they shared was her passion for soccer but eventually got cut off because she reached home and it went a bit sullen touching the topic about her father.

"Sure, when I get home. I'll listen to it." Yeji put in her both hands inside the pocket of her jacket, and breathed out to calm down.

Ryujin snapped her fingers. "You know what, I'll bring my other phone on Monday, I'll let you hear my so beloved gems, if you only want."

It was definitely cold but it was also warm, now that Ryujin offered something personal for her. Maybe, it didn't sound a lot but Yeji would take it something really special especially it would come from her ultimate crush. She would treasure the rare moments because it might not happen again. "I'd love that."

"Wait, you're going to be busy next week."

Yeji paused to think and let her speak. "You and the Youth Forum club, you guys would manage welcoming the incoming guests in the faculty for the accreditation, I guess?"

"Uh, yes. I didn't expect you'd know."

"Well, Chaeryeong blabbers all the things happening in your club so yeah, I knew it."

"But it doesn't mean I couldn't get a break."

Unconsciously, they both took a glance on each other, slowly forming innocent smiles, making them share an eye contact and Yeji was proud. She was able to do it for straight ten seconds before she completely withdrew herself back. Ryujin felt the glacial temperature in her hands but it also felt warm to see Yeji with her cute smile.

And, she couldn't define the precise reason why does it give enough warm to her heart.

"I think we lost them, crap." Ryujin sppke, quirking up her eyebrows whilst she scanned for the crowd, eyeing every single human she grasped on. Yeji was alarmed. It was quite late and Yuna wasn't on her sight. She got anxious.

And quickly became rational. "Wait, I hear some loud playing instruments. They could be just around."

The two rushes within the rowdy crowd. The flickering lights were blinding, but they still managed to bustle through the narrow and frenzied spaces. On their way to reach the utmost part of the stage, the two tall girls were indeed having a fun time, jumping as well as throwing up their hands to the very upbeat tempo blaring pitched to the crowd.

A sigh of relief was exhibited from Yeji, she would literally not go home not until she was able to find Yuna's ass. As for Ryujin, the coffee haired girl could manage to come home but being the bestest friend, Ryujin just fulfilled her job. She twitched when she heard the generic type of sound booming, she decided to get out of the place, so, Ryujin grabbed Yeji's wrist away from the messy crowd to take some peaceful air to inhale.

"I've never been to a concert. This is wild. I understand why Mom won't let me attend."

Ryujin snickered, staring at a very astounded Yeji beside her. "Something like a strict Asian parent would do to their children." Yeji pouted.

"Not really. It's eight in the evening and I'm still out with a friend, she's not really strict."

"It's because you're eighteen, you're legal now. Some regulations for you are invalid."

Even though, Ryujin wasn't on her legalised age yet, she didn't really have boundaries to accede. For as long as she did good in her academic and athletic performance, she would be just fine according to her brother's order. Since she rarely had a talk with her own father.

"Hearing how old I am makes me feel like I'm on the horrendous stage of pre-adulting." She jokingly said, opening the snack Yuna bought for her, taking a small bite before offering some to Ryujin.

Chuckling, the forward striker crossed her arms while munching the salty snack from Yeji. "Come on, we only have a one year gap. You're making me scared too." Ryujin retorted.

"And, you didn't invite me in you eighteenth birthday. That's kinda sad." Widening eyes, Yeji was shocked, not because she forgot to invite. They weren't really that good friends before, and they were only starting to get along well lately and fortunately.

Ryujin let out a chuckle. "I know, I know, I'm joking. I really thought you were monolided."

Perhaps, Ryujin noticed the unique feature of her eyes, it was Yeji's main asset. "Ah, yes, a lot of people get it wrong regarding that."

Suddenly, Yeji had a thought inside her head.

"Was Ryujin staring at my eyes to notice it?" Yeji internally whispered onto her mind, biting down her pale lower lip playfully, smiling.

If yes, Yeji would suffer from a heart attack.

"I may be wrong but I'm sure your eyes are the prettiest pair of brown orbs. I'm correct with this one and you can't fight me about it."

And with that, Yeji knew Ryujin's words were sending different chills down to her spine. She always received lovely compliments about her special eyes and now, her ultimate crush made her feel like it was the most beautiful eyes ever and Yeji got stuck on her position.

"Silence means yes. And even if you would say something, you can't change my mind."

The place was filled with clamorous sound and a striking loud beat inside Yeji's chest.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
9.2K 526 12
"You've got the characteristics of my favorite season." It's when euphoria meets melancholy. A fateful encounter where Yeji saves Ryujin from jumping...
34.6K 2.2K 29
"𝘐𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵?" - Ryujin
578K 35.3K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...