The Scars Of Us

By Aroha_xox

Milly tries her best to be a normal girl in High School as an attempt to heal from the scars of her past, lit... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 6

1K 46 4
By Aroha_xox

A knocking sounded from the window. My eyes snapped open and I leapt out of bed to sprint away. I whimpered when I felt that undeniable, crippling sensation of that fear invading my heart, making it beat faster and faster until it exploded.

But when my eyes caught what was at my window...I froze...and then I frowned...and then I was angry.

Jax was at my window. I grunted in frustration when I opened it up, "What the fuck, Jax!" I growled.

He rolls his eyes, "All the other windows were locked, yours was the only one open."

"Can you not do that ever again? You scared the shit outta me." I said angrily as I stepped back to make space for him to climb through.

He lands on the floor and groans.

I frowned when he took his time getting back on his feet. I stepped forward, "Are...Are you okay?" I hesitantly asked.

Jax stood in front of me in his hoodie, "Just shut up and go back to sleep."

"I will once you get the fuck out of my room." I snapped.

He raises his brow to me. He took a few steps toward me a little too slowly. He stops right in front of me and looks down at me. I gulped and looked up at him. His jaw ticked. I guess that's one of the few things he has in common with his father.

"You don't get to talk to me like that, Milly." I felt myself on edge. He never says my name. EVER. A part of me kind of liked someone as scary as Jax saying my name...but I also knew that he wasn't saying my name in a nice manner. He's saying as if he was telling off a small little girl.

And I didn't like that, I glared up at him, "You don't get to tell me how I talk, Jax."

He snickers, "Oh yes I do. You forget, Milly," He leans down until his lips are in line with my ear, "You're in my house. You're in my home. You're a visitor in my world right now." I felt more irritated that his breath whisper made my skin raise in goosebumps.

He pushes past me, shoving my shoulder along the way. He shuts the door behind him. I released a breath I didn't even realise I was holding.

I groan and got back into bed. I'm going to put up with him for three weeks...THREE WEEKS. How am I going to survive?

***

"Get up, Hunt."

I groaned as I squinted my eyes open. Through my sleep blur, I saw someone standing at the door. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I sat up and immediately frowned when I saw Jax standing there.

"Why the hell are you waking me up?" I snapped.

He rolls his eyes, "Debra wants you to get your ass out of bed, she's cooking breakfast."

I groan as I pull the blankets back and stretch my arms up over my head like a cat. I closed my eyes as I felt my body tense. I peaked my eyes open and I felt suddenly self-conscious when I saw Jax's eyes were running over my legs and torso. Shit I wasn't wearing a bra.

I coughed in my hand awkwardly, "Okay well, I'll quickly get changed and come downstairs."

"Whatever." He mumbled before leaving.

I gulped. He wasn't looking at my legs, was he? He didn't see anything did he?"

I looked down at my shorts. They're not that short. I purposely got these because they covered my upper thighs more.

I brushed off his action. Jax being Jax, he was probably judging how I looked anyway. I opened the curtains and had a look outside. I was happy to see that it looked warm outside. A little cloudy, but still nice. I decided to go with a pair of high waist blue jeans and a slightly cropped white crew neck jumper. I let my hair free to fall into their natural waves. I put on my little gold hoops and got my bag and went downstairs.

"Good Morning, Milly!" Debra said with her smile.

I smiled in return, "Good morning, Mrs Reed."

"Now I've packed you a lunch and here are some bacon and eggs."

My brows raised in surprise, "Oh! Thank you so much! You shouldn't have gone through so much trouble. I could've just made something myself."

She waved her hand, "Nonsense. I love cooking. It's fine! Now eat up or else you'll be late!"

I sat up at the counter and gladly began to eat my food. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Jax come down the stairs and just grabbed his plate of food. My eyes caught his hands holding his plate. His knuckles were bruised up. I frowned, what the hell was he doing last night? He was about to leave when Mrs Reed spoke, "Oh Jax! I had an idea!"

He snickered and mumbled, "Well that's a first."

"Why don't you take Milly to school with you? It only makes sense since you two go to the same school."

He frowned, "She likes walking. She should just walk."

I rolled my eyes at him and turned to Mrs Reed and smiled politely, "Yeah, it's fine Mrs Reed, I'm okay to walk."

Mrs Reed looked slightly concerned, "But Milly-"

"She said she wants to walk, Debra! Let her walk!" Jax said frustrated. He storms off.

I scoff at his little tantrum. He's such a fucking child.

Mrs Reed sighs, "He can be so difficult sometimes."

I giggled, "You mean he can be a real asshole?"

Mrs Reed gasped, "Oh Milly! Of course not!"

I gave her a look and raised my brow. She slightly snickered, "Maybe a little bit."

I laughed then finished my plate of food. I grabbed my lunch and placed it inside my bag. "Alright well, I'll see you later on Mrs Reed!"

She smiles sweetly at me, "Have a wonderful day, Milly!"

I closed the door behind me and walked down the steps. I actually really liked walking to school. It's my time to think, ya know? I kind of felt sorry for Mrs Reed. She seemed to actually be a good person. I wonder how someone like her got with Mr Reed? Weird. He doesn't seem like the romantic type. I couldn't imagine him trying to woo a young woman like her.

I wonder what happened to Jax's real mother? I don't think anyone knows what happened to her. Jax definitely never talked about to anyone. Did she die giving birth to him? Or is she living somewhere else? Are her and Mr Reed still in contact? I don't know. Weird.

I was walking along the pathway just fine. It was warm and nice weather...so how the hell did it suddenly begin to pour down with rain? What is it with me and rain? What have I ever done to rain to want to rain down on my PARADE! Yes I just said. Get over it.

I felt my clothes begin to sag as the rain seeps through the cotton. My hair was starting to plaster against my face.

I grunted, "Damn it!" I shouted. I didn't know what or who I was shouting at. I was just hoping it would make the situation better. It didn't.

I sighed.

But then suddenly, a roar of an engine comes to a halt beside me. The window winds down. Jax's annoyed face comes into view, "Get in."

"I thought you wanted me to WALK." I shouted through the rain.

He just shrugs his shoulders, "Get in the fucking car or keep walking in the rain. Your choice."

I sighed defeated, "Fine!" I climbed in his car. As soon as my door shut, I was pulled back in my seat as he sped off on the road.

"Would you slow down!" I exclaimed a little worried of how fast we were going.

"Would you shut up? I need to get gas before school." He said, "You wanna be late?"

I opened my mouth to snap back, but I realised...yeah...I didn't want to be late. So I just crossed my arms in a huff.

He smirked, "Didn't think so."

He sped into the gas station and got out of his car to fill it up. I sighed and leaned back in my seat. I bent down to my back to get my water bottle when I caught sight of Jax through the mirror. I froze for a moment. He just stood there casually looking like a Greek god, while doing something completely and utterly ordinary and somehow making it look like the most interesting thing ever.

I clinched my jaw, hoping it would help me stop drooling. He's such a fucking asshole! Why are you attracted to him, Milly! I sighed and leaned back in my seat. My eyes began to roam around his car. So this is what it looks on the inside. I nodded my head...it's really nice. A blue folder stood out in one of the side compartments on the door. My curiosity peaked and I took it out. My brows shot up when I saw notes...as in music notes. There were messy scribbles, notes, lines. And it was all written by hand. Did he write this?

He's into music? As in writing his own music? What did he do? Did he sing? Play an instrument? I never would have guessed that the notorious Jackson Reed...was into music?

My nerves spiked when Jax climbed back into the car. We both froze. His eyes caught on the folder that was in my hand and my eyes shot to his and seeing them slowly turn angry.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" His voiced raised.

"I-I-I just found it in the-" I tried to get out words but sounds of anxiety just kind of vomited out of my mouth.

Jax snatches it out of my hand, "Don't you ever touch anything of mine ever again," He leans over the middle console and his face nears my own, "And you don't talk to anyone about what you saw in that folder."

I gulped and shrunk back into my seat and silently nodded my head.

He starts his car and speeds out of the station. The air was tense. I side eyed him and I saw his jaw was clenched and he was gripping the wheel tightly. It highlighted his bruised my knuckles.

"What happened to your hand?" I asked timidly.

"Have you not learned to stop snooping in my fucking business, Hunt?" He growled.

"It was just a simple question," I grumbled. I just looked out the window silently. And saw that we had already made it to school. As soon as he turned the engine off I got out of the car.

"Hey!" Jax shouted.

I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath. I bent over and looked down at Jax who was still in the car, "I have to take you home. If you don't come out here straight after school finishes, I'm leaving your ass here."

I simply said "Fine." I turned around and left. I wanted as much distance between me and Jax as possible.

As soon as I walked into school my body becomes tense with anxiety as I see Jake. He was walking my way with his head down. He raises his head and I my felt myself stop breathing when our eyes made contact. They widened as did mine. But it wasn't from the fact that he saw a part of me I didn't one anyone to see, but that he had bruises on his face.

His eyes looked at something behind me with pure hate. I turned around and saw Jax come up behind me. My eyes immediately go to his hand. Bruised. I turned around and Jake was gone.

"Jax-" I started my sentence but it only faded away when Jax ignored me, walked right past me and continued on down the corridor as if I didn't exist.

Surely Jax wouldn't have done that, would he? And even if he did, it wouldn't be because of me, right? I mean those two have hated each other for years.

I shook my head. No...it's not for me. Get that out of your head, Milly. I went to my locker to put my books in and to take some books out.

Out of no where, Heather appeared beside me, "Hey girl heyyy!" She shouted.

I rolled my eyes but smirked, "Hey Heather." I said nonchalantly

"Did you see Jake's face?" My friends whispers.

I grabbed some books and stuffed it into my bag, "Yeah I wonder what happened?"

She looked around and leans in to whisper, "Apparently him and Jax got beef, but no one knows why."

I tilited my head and looked over my shoulder to see Jax further down the hall at his locker, "Really?" I said. I turn back to my best friend, "Maybe they hate each other because Jax stole Rosie off of Jake."

Heather didn't look convinced, "I don't think so. Jake and Rosie are just fuck buddies. I mean Rosie is every guy on the football teams fuck buddy. So I doubt it."

Peculiar that Jax has a secret issue with Jake and neither of them are talking about it to anyone.

"Maybe they're secretly gay." I joked.

Heather bursts out laughing, "I can only imagine." Her laugh slowly dies down and she raises her one brow up and looks me up and down, "What's up with you?"

I frowned, "What'd you mean? I'm fine?"

She rolls her big green eyes, "Yeah right. Something is up! You look different! Have you been taking your meds?"

My eyes widen and I growl at her through my teeth, "Shut the fuck up, Heather! I don't want the whole school knowing that!"

She sighs, "I'm not talking loud! You're just hyper sensitive. NOW! What is going on with you! It's like your peaceful aura has shifted or something?"

I snorted, "Peaceful aura?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Well?" She pushes.

I released a defeated sigh, "You can't tell anyone or else everyone is just going to make rumours and say that I'm a slut, a whore or whatever the hell they call those kinds of girls."

"Thot." She casually corrects.

"What?"

"You said 'whatever the hell they call those girls.' They call them thots now too."

I shake my head, "Okay whatever! The main focus of this conversation is the fact that I've moved in with Jax."

Heather becomes silent. She just stares at me...without blinking. She takes in a deep breath, "You're fucking with me, aren't you?"

I shook my head, "No, Heather, I'm really not. I wish I was, but I'm not."

"Are we talking about the same Jax? As in Jax from our school? As in JACKSON REED?" Heather said incredulously with her eyes wide in shock.

I groan, "You make it sounds like it's bad?"

"Because it is bad, Milly! Jax isn't one of those romantic bad boys you read about or watch in movies! He's a fucking psycho! He's not this secretly broken boy that a sweet girl can tame!"

The first thing that came to mind was when I saw Jax's dad punched him...and a single tear fell from his eye.

I shook my head and frowned, "Hold on a minute! Why are you talking like I'm going to fall in love with him? I know he's a total psycho! I know he's bad, Heather! I'm not going to fall for him!"

She sighs and leans back on the lockers, "You wouldn't fall in love with him intentionally. He's a psycho but you can't deny that he's one of the hottest guys I have ever seen in my life."

"Meaning?"

Her gaze softened, "Nothing. Just forget I said anything, okay?"

I sighed, "Whatever. What class do you have first?"

"I got chem."

I cringe, "Gross."

"I know."

The bell rang and it was time for us to go to our classes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 7.1K 102
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
35.5K 1.1K 16
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.
454K 41.6K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
823K 26.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...