The Troublesome Mate

By lovethisworld1998

Juliets parents left when she was little leaving her with her older brother and two younger siblings what wil... More

The Troublesome Mate
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

11.1K 353 59
By lovethisworld1998

          Dedicated to emmagirly for being very persistent on messaging to see when i was going to update. Thanks for your continued support!

      Skylar and Marcus helped me to the office and when we got there, they helped me to sit down.  Jack gave me a hug saying, “I love you sissy.”

                “I love you to, bud. Have fun with Skylar, he is a pretty cool guy.”

                “I knows that sissy. He helped me one day when I was played with Layla and Dylan was on her team.”

                Matt and Hayden walked in, along with a girl. Skylar said respectively, “Alphas, Kaylyn, how is your day going?”

                Matt answered, “It is going alright Skylar.”

                “That is good, come on Jack, let’s go get some ice-cream and get our gaming on.”

                The two of them left and Marcus said, “I will see you later Juliet.”

                I was falling asleep in my chair when I nodded and yawned out, “See you Marcus.”

                I heard the door open and close, and then heard feet shuffling. Matt said, “Juliet, dear.”

                I opened my eyes to see everyone sitting down, “Yes?”

                “Dear, would you like to take a nap before we talk?”

                “I won’t be able to sleep anyway, so no.”

                Matt sighed and Hayden said, “Juliet, this is my younger sister, Rena.”

                “Hello Rena, it is a pleasure to meet you.”

                “You to Luna.”

                “I am not a Luna. I am not even part of a pack yet, and I plan to keep it that way.”

                Hayden growled but I ignored it. I continued, “How old are you Rena?”

                “Fifteen, I know I am younger than you, but I promise I am not…”

                “Age is just a number, I don’t mind.”

                Rena sent me a smile that I tried to return, but it probably looked like more of a grimace. Rena said, “I will let you guys talk, I am going to find Brad.”

                Matt said, “Bye sweetie,” then he mumbled, “Wish that kid would tell her they are mates already.”

                Hayden looked at me, “Why haven’t you been eating, Juliet?”

                I shrugged, “At first it was protest, but then I just did not feel like eating. Like you cared, you didn’t check on me at all.”

                Hayden looked pained, and glanced down at his feet. “Juliet, I am sorry. I know sorry is just a word, but I didn’t mean for it to go this far. I wanted to check on you, but then I knew if I did I wouldn’t hold to my word. I knew if I unchained you, you were going to run away. I should have, it is not my place to chain you down, but you got hurt and I was scared. No I hurt you more.”     

                I had tears in my eyes. I knew I couldn’t just let this go like I wanted. He needed to know that he couldn’t do that to me. I replied bitterly, “Hayden, I am not some dog you can chain up to make me sit and listen to you.”

                “Juliet, I am sorry. I don’t know what else to say. I am a fucking asshole, trust me I know.” He stood up and went over to punch the wall. “I am so fucking stupid.” He punched the wall with each word he said, and then crumpled to the ground in defeat. I looked around and noticed Matt was gone.

                I slowly stood up and walked toward Hayden. When I got there, I knelt down next to him and put my arm on his shoulder. I said, “I don’t completely forgive you, yet. However, I am trying to see your side. Let’s go and take a nap, and we can talk about it more after we have slept on it, and have eaten something.”

                He looked up and nodded, standing up while doing so. He looked at me struggling and picked me up. I lay my head down on his chest and mumble, “This doesn’t mean I forgive you.”

                He said quietly, “I know.”

                He took me to the house and gently set me on the bed. He looked conflicted but asked, “Would it be alright for me to lay with you?”

                He looked way too vulnerable for an alpha. I nodded and he helped me take off my shoes, covering me with the blanket. I felt him lie down on the other side of the bed. I wanted to cuddle, but asking would insinuate that I forgave him, which I did not. S if reading my mind, he scooted over and wrapped his arms around me whispering, “Tell me if you want me to move.” When I didn’t answer he let out a sigh, “Thank you moon goddess, I am so sorry gorgeous, I will prove to you that I am not always a dick.”

                “Good luck,” I mumbled.

                He let out a small laugh, “Always the one with the last word.”

                “You bet.”

                With that said I felt my eyes drift close, and then I fell asleep.

                I woke up and groaned at how stiff I felt. I rolled over to see Hayden watching me. “Hey, that is creepy.”

                “Probably, but I could not resist the urge. Do you feel any better? I had the pack doctor come and check on you yesterday. She gave you an IV with food in it, she said besides that you were going to be okay.”

                “Wait, how long was I sleeping for?”

                “Three days, I wanted to call the doctor the first couple days, but my father advised on letting you sleep.”

                “Thank you.”

                “Its nine am right now, I was wondering what you wanted to do today. I have to go into work, but you can do whatever you would like.”

                “I think I am going to hang out with my brothers and sister.”

                “The younger two are actually at school. I signed you up to start on Monday. I know that you probably anted a choice, but it is pack rules that everyone finish high school, and when you decide to join the pack or not. I do not want that to be the reason you can’t.”

                I smiled, “Its fine. Is Marcus or Skylar or Rena here?”

                “All at school.”  

                “What can I do today?”

                “Well you could go with me, or stay here.”

                “How about I stay here, and in a little bit I will walk over to the pack house.”

                “Be careful, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

                “I will, I will call before I head over to the pack house.”

                “Thank you.”

                Finally, I was actually being treated like I could make my own decisions. Maybe there was hope.

                I am so sorry for the wait! I started at a new school, and there is a lot of work, so I was trying to adjust, but I am back. My other story will be updated soon and I will update this one again before this weekend. Thank you for understanding.

~Autumn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1M 552K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...
27.4K 2.9K 34
This book contains spoilers for all other books in The Regal Eclipse Pack Series. I highly recommend reading those books first. Kyra Remington is in...
6.7M 234K 40
"Who was your first kiss?" Ares asked very seriously and my face started reddening. "I. . . haven't been kissed. Yet." I looked away as I didn't have...
83.9K 2.2K 44
Born an omega into the strongest pack in the forest, Olwen Adams was fated to the Alpha's son and to become the Luna of the Silver Arrow Pack. But he...