The Troublesome Mate

What do you mean we have to move? "

My brother answered with a sarcastic smile,  " Well I mean it quite literally, really. I mean we have to move. You know back our stuff, get a new house? "

" Ugh, shut up Dylan! Why do we have to move? "

" Because I am in charge and I said. "

" Screw you. "

" First off, no thanks and second of all, language control, now. "

" Okay how about instead I say it flat out, f*ck you Dylan. "

He growled at me and I laughed in his face. " You don't scare me. "

" And you wonder why we need to move. I can't handle you and raise Layla and Jack. "

" Oh yes because it must be hard to raise the little ones who can take care of themselves. "

" God d*mn it Juliet, they shouldn't have to. Now go pack your stuff. We will be leaving in an hour. Mom and dad will be expecting us. "

I flipped him off and stormed up the stairs. Dylan is my older brother who is twenty. He is a Werewolf, like the rest of the family, only difference is he is part of a pack while I refuse to be. He is in charge of us since my parents live with a pack in some state. I know very descriptive right?

Well not really but my parents left me with that information years ago. Only recently did they contact Dylan to have us move in with them. Dylan will be transferring packs but my parents can kiss my a*s because I am not join any pack.

I sat on my bed because there was no way in h*ll I was packing and moving. You don't get to leave us and then decide years later that you want to be part of our life . I raised myself and Layla and Jack will be fine at least they have us. When I was growing up Dylan was always out partying so that meant I got left home by myself to raise myself.

I am sixteen and the twins are six. My parents left after they were born so when I was ten and Dylan was fourteen. He was a good brother just always at pack events and since I wouldn't join I wasn't invited and I had to watch the twins. I shifted one day while I was watching the twins. Dylan was gone doing who knows what and it happened. I almost died because I had no one to help me. I would have died had it not been for my best friend Carter who is eighteen. He had already shifted so he told me how to finish.

I never told Dylan I shifted or my parents. Actually I never talk to my parents but if I told Dylan about shifting hen he would tell his alpha and I would have to join the pack which is not happening. I don't do packs, I work solo.

About two hours later,  as I was jamming out to some music, I heard little knocks coming from my door. I turned down the music and opened the door. I saw a tear stained Jack standing there.

I wrapped my arms around him and picked him up. He laid his head on my shoulder. " What's wrong buddy? "

" Dylan gave me a spanking. "

" Why did he do that? "

" Cuz I threw my truck at Layla. "

" What did you do that for? "

" Cuz sissy, I don't want to move and Layla was being bossy and I just got mad. "

I set him on my bed and looked him in the eyes." We don't hit girls,  you know that. So what do you think you should do? "

" Say sorry to Layla and Dylan. Cuz I hurt Layla and I made Dylan sad. "

Dylan walked in at that moment. Hey looked at Jack with a frown. " What are you doing in here Jack? "

" Sorry for making your sad Dylan. "

" It's okay dude, and I'm sorry I had to spank you. You know I don't like to hurt you. "

" Yeah I know. I will 'member now to no hit girls. "

" Good, how about you go pack up all your toys. I will help in one minute. "

" Okay bye sissy. " He gave us both a hug on the way out.

Dylan turned to me after Jack left and said, " Juliet, can you please pack your stuff up? "

" Dylan, I don't understand why we have to move. If our oh so great parents want to see us than they can move here. I don't want to move and neither does Jack. "

" Juliet its not fair to me to have to be the bad guy all the f*cking time. I have to punish them and you get to be the good sibling. I am supposed to be the protector not the disiplinner. "

I could tell Dylan was getting annoyed but so was I." Our Father will never get to punish them. He doesn't even know them so I dare him to touch them because I will be the first one to defend them. "

" You are such a brat Juliet. He is our father and he pays for everything so he deserves some respect. You are making this harder than it has to be. I don't want Layla and Jack to be raised without a pack. It won't be good for either of them. I also want them to have their parents through their teenage years, for their first date, for their birthdays, for Christmas. I don't want them to turn out bitter,  cold, and vengeful. I don't want them to turn out like you. "

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Hey! So this is my new story hope you like it. :) :) comment opinions and wow Dylan said some harsh stuff but just keep in mind he is a wolf who was mad no excuse but still.

~Autumn