Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

xix

3.4K 172 197
By nojambrostan

Jeongyeon's POV

"I don't think this is working, Mina."

I blurted out in the middle of our conversation. She was telling me some things that I'm no longer interested in.

"What?" I can see her face wrinkled and confused with my sudden words.

Mina and I were in the living room compromising with our mistakes and trying to fix it. It was in the middle of the night when she and Chaeyoung went here during my time with Nayeon.

I don't know why but I think I never felt love towards Mina anymore. I don't even know if I truly loved her. All I know is that I like her, and that's two different things. I think I rushed things with her.

I didn't notice I was staring at her without saying anything. But I can see in her eyes that she doesn't want me to end things with her.

"Wae, Jeongyeon? Can I please know why? If it's about my attitude then I'll change it for you. Just don't break up with me. I can't lose you." Mina begged. Her tone wasn't soft and low like her usual. And it was a new side of her I just witnessed.

"No, Mina. It's not about you." I was about to say "it's me" but I know I sounded cliché. I lowered my head trying to avoid her eyes. I can't bear looking at her feeling desperate.

"Then what?" She asked. I can hear her voice cracking as she was about to burst into tears.

"I don't know, Mina. I don't know." I said, "I don't know why I think we'll never work." I ended my sentence as I felt my tears started to flow.

"I'm sorry, Mina," I whispered.

"You're so unfair, Jeongyeon." She whispered back.

"I know." I feel bad for being this confusing jerk to her. "But let me tell you something, I never had a girlfriend before, Mina. That's why I never thought I would have the guts to ask you to be my girlfriend. I like you and no doubt you are likable. However, I suddenly felt a force like I'm pulled away from you." I paused to wipe my tears.

"I like you, Mina. I really do. I just don't want you to get hurt because of me anymore-" I was cut off with my speech when she chimed in.

"Cut the crap, Jeongyeon." Mina's personality changed. "Just tell me if you like someone else." She was getting more straightforward.

Her statement hit me harder than I expected. Do I? My eyes widened by surprise after hearing her. I can't move my mouth to utter words.

"Well?" She waited.

"Uh," I can't think of any words. It felt like my mind went empty.

"Jeongyeon, just tell me if you like someone!" Mina unexpectedly hissed and silently burst into tears.

"Y-yes," I finally said something. "Yes, Mina. I think I like someone." I can feel my heartbeat rapidly pacing the moment I get to say I like someone else.

"Mianhae, Minari," I muttered.

"Do I know her?" She asked.

"Yes," I answered hastily.

"Okay, stop. I don't wanna hear it anymore. I'm going home." Mina stood up but I stopped her as I grabbed her wrist.

"It's late, Mina. Just stay for the night." I offered. "You can stay in my room and I'll crash here on the couch."

"No, I'll sleep here. You stay in your room. I don't want to grief on your bed." She has a good point. The atmosphere became more awkward after telling her everything. And I feel so bad about this break-up.

"Okay, I'll stay with you here tonight. I'll sleep on the floor."

"Whatever pleases you, Jeongyeon."

I went upstairs to grab some pillows and blankets for us to use. Mina tucked in herself under the sheets I gave her and faced the other way for me not to see her. I'm aware she was crying as I heard her silently sobbing.

It was never my intention to hurt her. It's all my fault for being confused and naive about these things. I even dragged Mina down with me.

"Jeongyeon?" Mina mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"Can you please return the necklace I gave you?" Oh, shit. I nearly forgot the necklace she gave me. I am the worst.

"I will," I sounded nervous.

After answering her, I didn't hear her anymore. I checked her for the last time, she was already asleep. "I'm sorry, Minari. But I guess I like Nayeon more."

Nayeon. My silent confession to Mina about what I certainly feel made me realized how stupid and fool I am.

I went back to my bed on the floor feeling disappointed to myself. How could I let her have me when I'm all messed up and confused? I sighed and drifted myself to sleep.

"I finally said it, I like Nayeon," I whispered.

Nayeon's POV

I waited for Jeongyeon to come here in the coffee shop. Chaeyoung already fled as Mina called her. She went out as she was in a rush when Mina called her.

I patiently regain myself on how am I going to face Jeongyeon. Yes, I've been liking her for so long but it'll never be my happiness to see her breaking her relationship.

Moments later, I already saw her walking inside the coffee shop. She was in her gray hoodie and shorts. She seemed fine but I imagine deep inside she's not.

Jeongyeon quietly sat in front of me. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," I smiled weakly. "How are you?" I bother to ask.

"I'm fine, I guess." She answered. She leaned back and rested on the chair then scanned through the place.

"It's my first time here," she said with her eyes roaming. "We should come here often."

Her sudden appreciation of the ambiance of the place confused me a little. She's not grieving with her break up? I acted normal and just get along with her.

"Yeah, sure," I told her. "Anyways, do you want something?"

"Yeah. I'll go and buy my drink." I saw her stood up from her chair and went through the counter.

Something's not right. She's avoiding her feelings right now. She's supposed to be sad and grieving with her break up. I thought.

I watched her order her drink at the counter. Her expression seemed normal and acted as if nothing happened. I decided to text Chaeyoung and see how is Mina.

After Chaeyoung's last reply, Jeongyeon went back to our table with an iced coffee in her hand. She sat quietly and took a sip of her coffee.

"How is it?" I meant with her coffee.

"Tastes good. I like it here." Her eyes were filled with satisfaction as she continued drinking.

I wanted to ask her if she's fine or what about her situation now, but she looked so normal. Like what the hell is happening? I thought breaking up is the worst thing to happen in a relationship?

"You might be wondering why I'm all okay?" Jeongyeon suddenly uttered while stirring her drink.

My face was clearly surprised when she asked me. Of course, it's obvious in my face that I'm very curious about her.

I nodded in response since I have no idea how to answer her.

She smiled weakly and took a deep breath, "Well, I told Mina that it's not working." She said.

"What is not working?" I asked curiously.

"Us. I mean, I don't think both of us will work."

"How? You two seemed okay with each other. What changed?" I noticed how Jeongyeon's hand slowly tremble with my question. I saw how she tried calming herself. She looked nervous.

"We were. But the longer I've been with her, the more I realized it's not her that I want to be with." She talked with her head down. I sensed her voice was shaking a little.

"What do you mean?" I asked again. I had no idea why but my heart started to race.

Jeongyeon tilted her head to take a glimpse of me. Her eyes were teary and filled with sadness. It was so sudden that it got me worried. I knew she wanted to tell me something but I think she was lost in her words.

"Nayeon," she whispered.

Ring! Ring! Ring! Then suddenly someone called me. My phone rang in the middle of the silence Jeongyeon and I waited for her to say something.

I took my phone and Momo's name was on the screen. "It's Momo. I'll take this first." Jeongyeon nodded and I excused myself.

"Hell, Momo?"

"Are you with Jeongyeon?" Momo's tone sounded pissed off.

"Y-yes." I stuttered.

"Tell her to face me now and explain what the fuck just happened between her and Mina!" Momo literally shouted on the phone that made me wince.

I looked at Jeongyeon who seemed curious and wanted to know our conversation.

"Okay, I'll tell her. But calm yourself first, Momo. Things wouldn't be settled if you're raging because of your emotions. We'll come to you later." I told her calmly.

"*,!=?*"+(,#/*"/+" I didn't know what she was yelling when she started talking in Japanese. But I guess she was cursing us already.

"Bye, Momo. I'll see you later." Then I ended the call. I sighed heavily before facing Jeongyeon again.

"She's mad, isn't she?" Jeongyeon asked looking concerned.

"Yeah, she wants to talk to you. But I declined. She's not in her normal state. I don't think it'll be a good idea to talk to her while she's mad." I said.

"I still need to talk to her though,"

"Yeah," I agreed. We both got quiet and continued drinking our coffee while we spaced out for a minute.

"By the way," Jeongyeon cut off the silence. "There's something I wanted to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked her. Jeongyeon avoided my gaze and fiddled her fingers. I almost forgot she was about to tell me something before Momo called.

"I've been liking someone else for a while now," she paused and I noticed how her voice was shaking. She was uneasy and afraid.

My heart suddenly beats faster as I heard her. I tried calming myself down while thinking straight as I waited for her to continue.

"Nayeon," she held my hand who was sweating like hell because of this situation I am not expecting and-

"I like you."

I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I've been stressing myself out on how to continue this story. But I guess I have to end it sooner than I planned. That's why it'll take more days for me to update. I'm sorry. I failed to follow my original plot that's why I'm kinda bit stuck in writing this.

Anyways, thank you for those who are patiently waiting. Don't forget to vote and comment! Love lotsss
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 591 22
Im Nayeon has been in love with her childhood friend, Yoo Jeongyeon since they were kids, and she just recently become her girlfriend. What if one da...
23.8K 1K 44
Chaeyoung sadly looks down. "When I left for Europe five years ago... I think my heart wasn't with me. I think I left my heart here in Korea. And it...
104K 5K 35
Im Nayeon, an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. She had her ordinary life for years after she finished her degree. However, it all changes as sh...
201K 5.1K 43
Son Chaeyoung, Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo and Chou Tzuyu as guys and Im Nayeon, Minatozaki Sana, Myoui Mina, Kim Dahyun and Park Jihyo as girls. Mina...