Lycans Of The Woods

By Victoriously321

It has been many years since Lycans revealed themselves to the world. Many humans have had difficulty adjusti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 2

63K 2.6K 166
By Victoriously321

"What the fuck?" Kanes' enraged, and confused voice echoed loudly in the room.

My body tensed further as the whip fell to the ground, the popper slapping against the back of my ankle. Confused, I twisted my head, tried to look over my shoulder.

My wrists rubbed against the ropes, chafing the skin as the lycans behind me began yelling expletives, evidently perplexed. More gunshots roared, screams and howls strengthened. Fear stricken, I remained still, eyes wide with disbelief at the guttural sounds.

"Get her down." Kanes abruptly commanded. A dagger was drawn, sliced through the ropes after a few yanks.

Quickly one of the stocky lycans grappled the back of my ripped shirt as the earth shook, the poles rattling and the metal table tucked in the corner of the room vibrating as well, toppling over noisily.

Keeping a firm grip on the back of my shirt, the lycan dragged me out of the room and my breath suddenly caught in my throat as the lights in the hallway flickered. The two other lycans barged past us, panic and horror etched across their faces.

"Put her in the prison." Kanes barked over his shoulder, disappearing around a corner. Claws scratched the back of my neck in warning when I bucked forward in an attempt to get away from the lycan's strong hold.

He paused briefly by the prison door and punched in a code. The door slid open and a heavy hand effortlessly thrusted me inside. My knees buckled and I fell to the damp ground, palms pressing against it as I straightened.

Lycans ran past where they had been stationed in front of cells, heavy boots repeatedly hitting the floor, their focus completely on the exit of the room.

A wave of bewilderment swept over me when the door closed once more and immediately I stood, limped to it and cursed softly under my breath. A code was required to unlock the door and I, in my panic, had not thought to look at the code the lycan used to open it.

So I hobbled backwards in defeat, paused as the building shook once more. Gasps drifted around the prison and my body leaned against a wall, eyes flickering around me.

The prison was mostly dark, as there were no windows and the flames from torches hanging on walls were fairly weak. But I had became somewhat accustomed to this, so moving around was quite easy once the shaking stopped.

"Helda." I dropped to my knees before a cell, calling the name of the woman curled in a corner. She immediately shuffled forward, trembling hands pushing through her mangy dark brown hair. She was a few years older than myself and was forced into this prison a year after I had been.

"The code." I jutted my chin to the door, recalling that she once had claimed to know of it throughout a yelled conversation when the lycans were not present. "What is the code for the door?"

Blue eyes remained blank and she simply stared down at me for a short while, until my words appeared to register in her mind. Her thick eyebrows furrowed and she nodded slowly. "Ah yes. That." She rubbed at her forehead, blinking slowly. "I-I can't remember."

Frustration bubbled in my stomach. "Try to."

Helda sighed, licked cracked lips. Two minutes passed and she still said nothing. Fingertips were continuously rubbing against the skin of her face and her eyes glazed over. She shook her head, sadness shadowing her expression. "I'm sorry Olivia. It slipped my mind."

My shoulders slumped and I begrudgingly stood, face twisting into a grimace as I limped away, pausing by each prison cell, asking if the persons behind them had ever managed to see the code whilst being taken to be...beaten. Unfortunately, all I received were blunt 'nos' and at times, empty stares.

I shuddered as my feet slipped into a wet puddle. Groaning under my breath, I gingerly walked towards a cabinet attached to a wall. I'd seen spare shoes inside of it and quickly pulled on a pair, which was a tad bit too large for my feet.

Hissing through teeth I straightened after putting them on, the cuts on my feet throbbing. My irritation at the feeling slipped away as the loud noises which came from outside seemed to be creeping closer and a ripple of fear locked me in place momentarily.

Pounding on the door erupted and I scrambled into my cell, pressing myself into the shadows as raspy cries punctuated the smelly air.

The prisoners' fear could practically be felt as the metal door was hit again loudly. My back pressed into the wall and fingers spread against it as I tried to control my raspy breathing.

I flinched at the sound of metal colliding onto the floor. The cries increased ten folds and my chest constricted painfully as footsteps barrelled down the hallway.

A hush fell over the entire building and I inhaled shakily, fear being replaced with bafflement as cell doors were slid open.

Soft words, almost indecipherable because of the blood roaring in my ears were heard. Footsteps padded in and out of the prison and I held my breath as a female lycan who was dressed in a light blue uniform walked by my cell, seemingly unaware of my presence.

But then her footsteps paused and my stomach dropped to my legs. Boots moved across the wet floor and I swallowed thickly as dark eyes peered into the darkness. She was tall, with her hair pulled back into a tight low bun and her face was guarded as she assessed me.

"Ma'am," The lycan addressed me, but my gaze was fixated on the gun in her holster. "Please come out of the cell."

My body sunk further into the wall, healing wounds surely being smeared by dirt and my lips curled downwards into a tight frown. The lycan stepped into the cell when I said nothing and my eyes followed the raising of her hand. Her stern expression softened and my lips pressed together in distrust.

"I shall not harm you." The female said. "We need to leave this place."

Lies.

Eyeing her hand warily, I remained silent. But then the earth shook again and I could hear equipment in the hallway outside of the prison falling to the tiled floor.

I stumbled forward at that, swiftly moving past the woman immediately once I saw an opening where the prison door once had been. Air filled my lungs, eased the pain humming in my chest as I limped quickly to it, noticing the absence of individuals in cells.

"Miss." The female called from behind me and my pace quickened as I walked through the long hallway, the lights above dulling and then brightening; I came to a halt abrupt as I caught sight of the small crowd ahead. Uniformed lycans stood beside the prisoners, appearing to be waiting for our approach.

Their immense bodies astonished me, even from the distance in which I stood. They looked absolutely nothing like the lycans of the Klawmoon Pack.

These lycans' features were far too feral and sharp, bodies large and packed with muscles. Light blue uniforms, which somewhat matched the female lycan's attire who now came to stand before me was what they adorned.

"We can take you away from here." The female was speaking, but I was momentarily distracted as a particular set of honey colored eyes fell on me. Terror made its way up my entire being, my blood running cold as those primal eyes swept up and down my body, lingered on my face.

The male lycan stood tallest amongst the others around him, his broad shoulders easily filling out the shirt he wore and I could visibly see the way his muscles tensed under the material of his clothes. His skin was brown, a shade lighter than my own dark brown. My eyes narrowed whilst warily observing the small twitch that graced his lips and the way his gloved fingers clenched into a fist and then uncurled.

His gaze was searing and unmoving despite my visible unease and the weak muscles of my legs became rigid.

But then, yells rocketed from beyond the lycans and a slow breath fell from my lips when the male looked away. The woman stepped forward then, attention turned away from me and I didn't hesitate with my next actions.

Grabbing the metal, tall cabinet packed with heavy boxes, which stood against the wall, I yanked it down, effectively dividing the space between myself and the others.

The jarring noise startled everyone and I pivoted into the opposite direction, quickly forgetting the pain from my feet as a deep roar shook the walls. I raced down the hallway, arms pumping by my sides as my eyes remained trained ahead.

I did not know where I was going, but I was desperate to be away from the lycans behind me. My head tilted, pace slowing as I sharply turned a corner, catching my breath.

My energy was low from not eating nutritious food and I faltered in my footsteps. Irritated, I forced myself to keep on moving as I spotted a door, relieved when there was no keypad in sight.

Stumbling forward, my shaking fingers wrapped around the handle, pushing it open.

And immediately, all I felt was icy, almost stinging cold. My body trembled, arms curling around my stomach and jaw slackened with disbelief at what laid before me.

Snow, so white and so thick, blanketed the earth. Snowflakes fell from the beautiful, beautiful grey sky and I could feel them drifting down my thin, ripped shirt and into my filthy hair.

My feet crept forward, breath hitching as the shoes sunk deep into the snow. Eyes remained fixated on the sky as I slowly walked forward, the strong wind caressing my exposed back and hitting my cheeks.

I am free.

A rapid mixture of emotions erupted, happiness being the dominant one as tears streamed down my cheeks as I advanced through the snow. It had been so long since I felt the way I currently did.

Astonished and in awe, I looked around me, examined the many trees in the near distance. It had been so very long since I had last seen snow; for the last twelve years, I was not able to look through a window as they were none in the prison building and as a result, was unable to see the passing seasons.

My palms lifted and I felt a budding smile lift my lips as I examined the melting snowflakes, the different, unique-

An explosion boomed from behind me and I scuttled forward at the heat which stung my back. On strained legs I barrelled forward, jogging until I thought to be a good distance away.

Clutching the bark of a tree, I turned to see guards of the Klawmoon pack running away from a building which was engulfed in flames, evidently caused by an explosion.

My eyes roamed around me and I inhaled sharply as I saw many houses and buildings which were destroyed, burnt or burning to the ground. Female and male lycans in the light blue uniforms surrounded the Klawmoon pack warriors, outnumbering them so easily.

Painful whimpers and screams littered the air as they fought and I hesitated to watch, eager to keep on moving.

But then, I caught sight of some of my cell mates. They were being, and willingly so, led away by some lycans, striding towards parked vehicles. Confused, I watched the doubt and slight fear that crossed their expressions, saw the way the lycans tried to reassure them.

"Do not trust them." I breathed, voice raspy and winded. But they did; cars' doors slammed loudly after they stepped in and I shook my head, fingernails digging into the tree, tearing at the bark until some fell and hit the snow.

The honey-eyed lycan came into view once the vehicles left and I flinched as he did not hesitate to join the battle, body transforming and shifting, clothes ripped and destroyed as a result, his brown skin morphing soon after.

His shifted form was absolutely massive and I scowled as sharp claws sliced through the neck of a female who leapt at him. Blood was spilt, bodies collapsed to the snow and the smell of death was strong as many were killed, murdered so viciously by the lycans with blue uniforms.

It was only when I began to move from the tree, deciding that I was no longer interested in what was happening before me that the honey-eyed lycan paused, head raising and nostrils flaring. The battle raged on around him as he faced me, head tilting to the side as I continued backing away.

The lycan's lips lifted into a peculiar, almost frightening grin, elongated fangs peeking from his mouth and eyes glimmered with a sure promise before he gave me his back, turning back to the battle ensuing.

And I immediately sprinted away, legs unsteady but determined.

**********

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to vote and comment! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 58 3
formally known as the excelling hyland undergoing a rewrite seasons done 1-in progress
91.8K 4.9K 32
Boulder and Lecter are twin brothers and have always done things together. From training to one day take their father's title as King Alpha of all we...
16.3K 813 19
"i wish i was that cookie..." "uh..?" - everyday, at three p.m sharp, beomgyu comes in and orders the same thing. yeonjun always tries to shoot his...
822K 55.5K 70
Jessie Murphy is released from prison with the intention of escaping her past. Homeless and alone, her plans to dodge karma's spite seem more like wi...