HxH watches Hunter x Hunter

By bb_bubblepopb33

You know those fanfics where the author actually has a reason for the characters to watch their own show? Wel... More

A/N
Prologue
Episode 2 - Test x Of x Tests
The x Coldest x Goodbyes
Episode 3 - Rivals x For x Survival
Episode 4 - Hope x and x Ambition
Episode 5 - Hisoka x Is x Sneaky
Episode 6 - A x Surprising x Challenge
Episode 7 - Showdown x On The x Airship
Episode 8 - Decision x By x Majority
Episode 9 - Beware x Of x Prisoners
Episode 10 - Trick x to the x Trick
Episode 11 - Trouble x With The x Gamble
Episode 12 - Final x Test of x Resolve
Episode 14 - Hit x The x Target

Episode 1 - Departure x and x Friends

11.1K 174 249
By bb_bubblepopb33

Daichi wo fumishimete kimi wa mezameteiku...

"Huh? What's this?" Killua asks as a sun rises and then Gon appears on screen.

"Oh, it must be an opening theme song or something!" Gon replies, excitedly, "This is an animated series, right? That's so cool! We have our own theme song!"

The words HUNTER X HUNTER appear on screen.

"That must be what the series is called." Kurapika quietly mutters.

Kurapika is then shown on screen, his eyes momentarily flashing red. Leorio is then shown and then Killua on his skateboard. The four of them are then displayed running towards Heavens Arena and then Hisoka and Illumi flash on screen before several Hunter examinees are shown. Netero and the Hunter examiners are then displayed and then the main four are shown fighting. Finally, Gon is portrayed after Hisoka does a beckoning sign and Gon runs with the silhouette of a bird.

No one comments, especially when Netero appears on screen.

"Fearsome monsters...Exotic creatures..."

"Who's talking?" Leorio wonders aloud.

"It must be a narrator of sorts. This animated series might be aimed at other people who might not know what hunters are?" Kurapika responds.

Leorio side glances at Kurapika who pointedly looks at the screen displaying magical beasts, treasures and foreign lands before turning to the screen himself, grumbling an inaudible "thanks."

"The word "unknown" holds magic. And some incredible people are drawn to that magic. They are known...as Hunters!" Silhouetted hunters flash on screen.

Gon stiffens at the familiar figure of Kite. Killua places a reassuring hand on Gon's shoulder. 

The words "Departure x And x Friends" appear on screen.

"Ooh, our episodes even have their own names." Gon whispers in awe, Kite forgotten. Killua, removes his hand.

Whale Island is shown. Gon is displayed, sitting patiently in a tree with a fishing rod and covered in leaves while surrounded by animals. 

"Ooh, ooh! That's me!" Gon says. The other three can't help but smile.

"Gon's still trying to catch the Lord of the Lake?"

"Huh?" Mito is shown. "Y-yes. He's been at it for a week, non-stop."

"You promised he could take the Hunter Exam if he caught the Lord of the Lake?"

"What a fool! Five adults couldn't manage to reel in that monster. How is a child supposed to catch that beast?"

"Mito-san doesn't want him taking the Hunter Exam."

"But Gon's old man was the same age when he caught it..."

"He can't do it."

The four knowingly smirk. "Can't do it, huh?" 

Gon tenses as the fishing rod bobs. As it begins to pull downwards into the lake, Gon screams, "Got him! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I got him good!" He then leaps around the tree, pulling onto the rod, looping it around a branch and yanking down, successfully drawing a giant blue fish out.

"Pfft!" Leorio almost chokes on his own spit. "That fish is huge!"

"Eh? It's not that big..." Killua says, side-eyeing Leorio who grumbles.

Everyone is gathered around the giant fish which lies on the floor, excitedly chattering about Gon's accomplishment. Gon turns to Mito. 

"Mito-san!" Gon smiles, rushing to Mito. "I caught the Lord, as promised... So I can take the Hunter Exam, right? Right?"

Mito does a small nod.

Gon beams, "I promise to become a Hunter!"

Ging's portrait appears. Abe (Ging and Mito's grandmother) draws a chair out and sits as she speaks to Mito who looks sullen. "His eyes have the same shine as his father's." Abe lifts her cup up, "We can no longer stop him."

Gon is polishing his fishing rod as Mito asks Gon if he is certain and tells him that his father chose becoming a Hunter over becoming a father. "He chose becoming a Hunter over raising you!"

"Isn't that amazing?" Gon says, turning to Mito, "Being a Hunter is so great, he was willing to abandon his own kid!"

"Woah, there, Gon." Leorio says, "You should not be this positive about Ging being an asshole of a father."

Gon nervously laughs, "Well, I wasn't wrong?"

Mito argues back, "It's a dangerous job! You never know when you might lose your life! Don't you understand?"

The four are suddenly solemn as Mito's harsh, but painfully truthful words wash over them.

"I don't." Gon responds, "But I want to know more! I want to become a Hunter and discover why it was so important to my dad!"

Mito smiles, "You really are Ging's son..."

The two are shown leaving the cottage. Gon turns to Mito, "I promise I'll pass the exam. I'll pass the exam, and I'll become a Hunter!"

Mito nods, "Just promise that you'll come back safe.Can you do that?" She hold her pinky out.

Gon nods, "Uh-huh, I promise!" He connects his own pinky with Mito's.

They both chant, "Pinky swear made...Whoever breaks their promise has to swallow a thousand needles. Sealed with a kiss!"

Gon draws out the last word as they press their thumbs together. Mito drags him into a hug. Gon then rushes off. He is shown waving to everyone as his ship sets sail. He yells out, "I'm going to become the best Hunter in the world! Once I'm the best Hunter in the world, I'll come back!"

Gon sighs, "Well, I wasn't really the best Hunter when you came to visit with me, Killua, was I?"

"Huh?!" Killua responds, "You don't need to be the best Hunter! You're already good enough as who you are!"

Gon blinks before hugging Killua, "I think Killua is just as good too!"

 Killua blushes and tries to push Gon off, grumbling about how embarrassing he is. 

Kurapika and Leorio simply watch from afar and smile to themselves. 

"The best Hunter in the world? Kid doesn't respect us." Other Hunter examinees appear on screen.

"Every year, there are millions of skilled applicants for the Hunter Exam. But only a handful are selected." Leorio appears on screen, reading a pervy magazine.

Kurapika holds back a sigh while Killua shoots a look at Leorio. Gon doesn't react.

Kurapika is then displayed staring at the ocean whilst the other man continues, "Don't say stuff that you can't back up, boy." The group of men then laugh as Gon ignores them and walks forwards. 

"Hmph. Just how lame are they?" Killua mutters.

"What are you doing, Katsuo?" A sailor with a blue bandanna is shown on the floor with a crate of green apples, some of which have fallen out. "At this rate, you'll never make a decent sailor."

The blue-bandanna man is kicked and laughed at. "Why are you bent over?"

Leorio grits his teeth. 

Kurapika notices but doesn't say anything.

"Hey, losers!" A round, red-nosed man is shown. "Don't slack off!"

Gon, Kurapika and Leorio smile.

"Ah, it's the captain! I remember him!" Leorio says.

Gon waves his arms, "Mhm! He was very kind! Ah, Katsuo-san too!"

Gon throws a stray apple back to Katsuo. Seagulls suddenly caw loudly, causing Gon and the Captain to look up. "A storm's coming." Gon observes. 

The captain looks at Gon, "How can you tell, boy?"

"That's what the seagulls are saying." Gon points.

"What?"

"Plus..." Gon twitches his nose and takes a deep breath. He then quickly jumps up the cast and breathes in again. "It's a huge storm that's coming! It's true... I can tell by the smell!"

'That boy...' The captain thinks before coming upon a sudden realisation. 'Those eyes...Could he be...'

Seagulls are shown flying frantically as the storm happens. A bunch of people are shown flying off the screen as the ship is being steered through the rocky waves. 

Killua scoffs, "Wow, those people are pathetic."

"They do seem that way, don't they?" Kurapika replies. "Especially since we've gone through so much now that we're actual Hunters."

The captain is shown steering the ship. "Captain!" A crew man comes in. "The mast won't last much longer! We should lower the sails!"

The captain turns around, "Don't be stupid! The fun's about to start." The waves become even more fierce. "Here we go! Full to port! Let's fly!"

Several snaps of the ship flying through the waves is shown with dramatic music. 

Gon then appears on the screen with a title saying Hunter vocabulary.

Gon looks confused as he quickly pauses the episode, "Ehh? What's this? This didn't happen. Did it?"

"No, I don't believe it did..." Kurapika muses.

"Ah ha!" Leorio suddenly snaps his fingers. "It must be a commercial break! Mystery voice person did say that this was an animated series!"

Killua's eyes widen. "Woah. The old man's actually smart." He says mockingly, but not unkindly.

"What was that, you brat!" Leorio leaps up and leans over to swat Killua when a voice jumps in.

"Please continue with the episode. And to answer your question, it is a commercial break."

The four all jump at Mystery Voice. They wait for a moment however the voice does not speak again.

Leorio sits back down, "Geez, we might as well continue." 

Gon presses play and they watch the rest of the break as Gon's name is translated.

The ship is shown in the raging storm. A few men are shown vomiting while the captain chugs from a bottle. "Those waves weren't much...Hey, take the helm!" He says the last part towards a crewman in the background who stops puking and says "A-Aye!" before turning blue.

The captain walks out, "Damn this is one lousy crew." He opens a door which reveals more men collapsed and groaning. "Not a one of them can stand. Pathetic. And they're supposed to be taking the Hunter Examination. What a laugh!"

Killua snorts. "See, even the captain thinks they're pathetic."

"Don't be rude, Killua!" Gon chastises. 

"Here, take a herb." Gon is suddenly shown handing herbs to an unwell man. "If you chew them, you'll feel a little better."

"W-water..." The man groans.

"It's coming, so hold on." Gon replies.

"Typical Gon." Leorio says. "Always so nice."

"That boy..." The captain observes. A movement from above then causes him to look up. He sees Kurapika reading a book in a hammock.

"Wow, Kurapika. As intellectual as always." Leorio teases.

A crunch is then heard, causing the captain to turn and see Leorio eating a green apple.

"This is one sour apple..." Leorio complains.

"Wow, Leorio. As idiotic as always." Kurapika shoots back.

"Shut up!" Leorio inches a little closer, shooting a glare at Kurapika who chooses to ignore him and turns back towards the screen. Gon and Killua exchange a glance at the two elders' banter before returning to the episode.

'I see.' The captain smirks. 'There are a few tough nuts on board.' 

"Excuse me." Katsuo comes through, holding a cup of water. "H-Here is your water!"

"Thanks." Gon replies, taking the water. "Now, drink your fill." He is shown helping the man drink water. "Thanks. I really appreciate it, Katsuo-san."

The ship is once again shown being tossed about in the sea. Gon, Kurapika and Leorio are then shown while the captain and Katsuo interview them as a group.

"First, tell me your names."

Gon puts his hand in the air and smiles, "I'm Gon!"

Kurapika stands tensely, "I'm Kurapika."

Leorio slouches, "It's Leorio."

Killua bursts out in laughter. The other three look at him concerned.

"Eh? Killua? Why are you laughing?" Gon says, as he pauses the video.

"Ha ha...ha." Killua attempts to calm down his laughter. "It's just that...ha...the way you guys introduce yourselves..." Killua takes a deep breath in, finally calming down before continuing, "Gon sounds so happy, Kurapika sounds too stiff, and Leorio just sounds like he wished he was anywhere but there."

"EEHH?! NO I DON'T! Take that back, brat!" Leorio yells, a tick mark forming on his forehead.

"Ah, I suppose we do sound like that!" Gon wonders. 

Kurapika stays silent but thinks, 'Yeah, you can tell a lot about our personalities from our introductions.'

Gon unpauses the video.

"Why do you want to become Hunters?"

Leorio points at the captain, "Hey, if you're not an examiner, you can't boss us around!"

Leorio groans, "How wrong I was."

Gon smiles assuredly, "It's ok, Leorio. We all make mistakes!"

Gon then winces, Killua flinches, Leorio stiffens and Kurapika clenches his fists.  The episode plays on but none of them pay attention, the atmosphere suddenly becoming dark.

"We've made a lot of mistakes, haven't we?" Leorio mutters.

Killua grits his teeth, staring firmly at the ground.

Gon tries to smile, "Yeah, we have..." He then freezes as Kite flashes in his mind. Killua's eyes widen and he quickly grabs Gon's hands, squeezing them tightly.

"Gon." Killua looks at Gon in concern. "It's ok, Gon."

Gon trembles. Leorio stands up.

"Tch. What are we doing? Why are we being forced to watch this?"

"Leorio, sit down." Kurapika's cold voice causes Leorio to freeze. "We can't do anything about it. They'll just use their Nen to create that cloud which makes us passive and forces us to watch the series."

Killua's eyes widen, "So that cloud had calming properties..."

"Yes, it did." The mystery voice suddenly says, while the episode is paused and rewinded (A/N Is this a word? :p) back to where they had left off. 

Everyone stares at the screen, Killua reaches out to unpause the video, however, Gon stops him.

"Guys, look. We all have regrets and mistakes and things we wished we could change. But we can't do anything about it now. I don't know exactly why we are being forced to watch this, but I think we should enjoy it. Even though there will be parts which we don't want to watch, don't want to relive...it shows that we've grown. And we still are... I don't want to spend however long we're going to be spending acting tense and stiff. I think that we should relax and move on from the past. We should watch this with a positive mindset. Don't you guys think so?"

The other three all look at Gon.

"Typical Gon," Killua smiles but nods in agreement.

Leorio and Kurapika look at each other before finally nodding. 

"We're going through this together. We'll support each other through the things we don't want to see." Kurapika says, before turning to Leorio. "And, I just want to say..." Kurapika ducks his head, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there. But...I can't explain...I'm just sorry..."

Kurapika suddenly feels an arm around his shoulders. He looks and sees Leorio suddenly closer to him than before.

"We won't push you, Kurapika. You can tell us in your own time. But, lets not have any animosity between us, k? I want us to all get along." Leorio smiles, causing Kurapika to offer a small smile in return.

Gon and Killua look at each before grinning.

"Ok, let's continue then!" Killua unpauses and they continue watching.

"Just answer the question!"

"Jeez, how did we get that off track. We went into a long-ass conversation just because Leorio thought the captain wasn't an Examiner." Killua mutters, causing Gon to stifle a laugh.

"My dad is a Hunter." Gon smiles. "I left Whale Island because I want to know why my dad desired so much to be a Hunter."

'Whale Island...' the captain thinks. 'So this is Ging's son. The day has finally come.'

"Hey, kid!" Leorio's voice suddenly jumps in. "You're not supposed to answer his question!"

"Why can't I tell him why I'm here?" Gon asks.

"Not a team player, huh?"

Leorio cringes at his past self. Kurapika's mouth twitches a little upon seeing Leorio's reaction. 

"I don't wish to reveal why I'm here." Leorio points his finger at Gon's forehead.

"I agree with Leorio." Kurapika's soft voice floats into the conversation.

"What?" Leorio looks up before becoming agitated. "Hey! Aren't you younger than I am? Show some respect!"

Kurapika ignores Leorio, "It's quite simple to avoid pesky questions by offering a plausible lie."

"Hey! Are you listening to me?"

Killua bursts out laughing at Leorio's attempt to gain Kurapika's attention. 

"Oi, why are you laughing, you brat?"

"Nothing, old man."

"Why you-!"

"However, it is quite shameful to rely upon deceit. That said, if I were to tell you the truth, I would be exposing my deepest secrets. That is why I cannot provide an answer."

"Hey, you...Don't ignore me!"

Leorio grumbles, "Jeez, Kurapika. You're so deep and complicated."

"Jeez, Leorio. You're so stupid and simple-minded."

"Why is everyone bulling me?"

"In other words, you refuse to answer my question." The captain says. "Hey, Katsuo."

"Aye, Captain."

"Tell the examination board that we have two more dropouts."

Kurapika and Leorio's faces suddenly become shocked.

"What do you mean?" Leorio asks.

"You still haven't figured it out?" The Captain asks. "The Hunter Examination has already begun."

"What?"

The ship is shown being tossed about in the storm before the Captain continues speaking.

"There are many Hunter wannabes as there are stars in the sky. The examiners don't have the time or resources to review them all. So they hire people like us, to trim the fat."

A pan of the seasick people on the ship are shown.

"I've already notified the board that everyone else on this ship had to withdraw. If they couldn't handle a little storm, they'd stand no chance in the Hunter Examination's later stages. In other words, you only proceed to the main exam if I pass you. So think carefully before you answer my question."

"So he says..." Gon looks up at Leorio who glares down at him.

"Should have told us sooner." Leorio grumbles.

"Wow, I mean Gon has already told me about this but still, watching it happen is hilarious." Killua grins.

"I am the last survivor of the Kurta Clan." Kurapika explains. The other two look at him. "Four years ago, my clan was annihilated by a band of criminals. I wish to become a Hunter and hunt down that band, the Phantom Troupe."

"So you want to become a bounty hunter?" The captain asks. "The Phantom Troupe is a Class-A bounty. Not even the most grizzled Hunters can touch them. You'd be throwing away your life."

"I do not fear death." Kurapika replies. "I fear only that my rage will fade over time." His eyes flash red.

"Woah, Kurapika, you're really intense, you know?" Killua says, eyes widening at Kurapika's speech. "I didn't think you were that melancholic." 

Kurapika merely sighs in repsonse.

"So, in other words, you want revenge." Leorio says. "Does that require that you become a Hunter?"

"That may be the stupidest question I've ever heard, Leorio."

"That's Leorio-san to you!"

"Places accessible only to Hunters...Information otherwise unobtainable...Actions otherwise impossible...There are more reasons than your brain could possibly handle."

Killua cracks up at Leorio's face on the screen which steams.

"BWA HA HA HA!!! LEORIO, YOU LOOK SO FUNNY!! AH HA HA!!!"

"Shuddup, kid!" Leorio yells. "Why is Killua enjoying this the most?!"

"Hey!" Gon puts a hand in front of Leorio."Why do you want to become a Hunter, Leorio-san?"

"Ever the peacemaker, Gon." Killua teases.

"Hehe." Gon sheepishly smiles.

"Me?" Leorio smirks. "I'll make it short. I want money." Leorio suddenly stands in front of a shining backdrop. "Money can get you everything! A big house! A nice car! Good liquor!"

Killua is in tears, clutching his stomach while Gon reassuredly rubs his back.

"You can't buy class with money, Leorio." Kurapika's voice cut in.

Leorio pops a vein. "That's three times now. Step outside. I'll end the filthy Kurta bloodline, here and now."

"Take that back, Leorio!" Kurapika angrily shouts.

Leorio winces. "I'm sorry, Kurapika. I-"

"Shush. It's ok." Kurapika gently smiles.

"Take that back!"

"That's Leorio-san to you."

"Hey, boys!" The captain shouts. "I'm not finished yet!"

"Just let them go." Gon says. 

"Huh?"

"Mito-san once told me..."

A flashback of Mito-san appears.

"If you want to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry."

"Your aunt is really nice, Gon." Kurapika says.

"Mm! Mito-san is the best!" Gon says proudly. "One day, you guys will meet her too!"

"I can't wait!" Leorio smiles.

"It's important for them to understand why they're mad." Gon says. "So we should let them settle it themselves."

The camera zooms in on the captain's pensive face before a crew member shouts.

"Captain! L-look..."

There's suddenly dramatic music as a waterspout is shown.

"If we get caught by that waterspout, the ship will sink." Katsuo says.

"Lower the sails now." The captain orders.

"Aye!"

"I'll help!" Gon offers.

"Uh-huh, come with me." Katsuo replies.

"I'll take the helm." The captain pushes the other crewman away. "Full to starboard!"

The crewmen all hurry and shout as they lower the sails, Gon helping. Kurapika and Leorio are then shown having their showdown. A wave crashes onto them. 

"Take back what you said!" Kurapika shouts. "Take back your words, and I'll forgive you, Leorio."

"How many times must I repeat myself?" Leorio says. "You should show me some respect. I won't back down." He pulls out his dagger.

"Then I have no choice..." Kurapika responds.

The ships thrashes in the raging sea. Katsuo is suddenly flung up as the rope flies into the air.

"Katsuo-san!" Gon shouts.

Everyone looks at Katsuo, including Kurapika and Leorio who break away from their fight and both dash towards Katsuo.

They grab onto the ship's side to avoid falling over themselves but are unable to grab Katsuo who goes flying overboard.

"Damn it!" A splitscreen of the two cursing before their face contort into shock as Gon flies over their heads and grabs Katsuo.

Kurapika and Leorio quickly grab onto Gon's legs as they hang off the ship.

"Pull 'em out! Now..."

Gon manages to readjust his hold on Katsuo and smiles.

The scene cuts to after the storm is over. Two seagulls fly off the sails as a loud shout is heard.

"You idiot! If we hadn't grabbed your legs, you'd be shark bait now." Leorio says, pointing at Gon who sheepishly sits on the ground.

"Honestly..." Kurapika sighs. "How reckless can you be?"

"Dad Leorio and Mum Kurapika lecturing their reckless child, Gon. How will this end?" Killua commentates, mimicking a game show host. 

"Dad?" 

"Mum?" 

Leorio and Kurapika look at each other  before sharing a smile. 

"I guess we do act a bit like parents." Kurapika says.

"I dibs being Gon's parent." Leorio quickly makes his way to the green child and puts an arm around him. "He's much better than that brat." Leorio glares at Killua who cheekily pokes his tongueat him.

"That's ok. I'd rather have Kurapika as my parent anyways since he's clearly much better than you, old man." Killua smirks causing Leorio to form tick marks.

"Oi, you brat! How dare you disrespect me this way!"

"How does it feel, Leorio? To be the second best parent." Kurapika teases.

"Hah?! nO! Shut up, Kurapika. Anyways, first the worst, second the best.-"

A laugh interrupts Leorio's grumbling. The three all look at Gon who smiles brightly at them.

"We really are like a family, aren't we?"

Leorio puts another arm around Killua who squawks in protest. "Well, obviously. We're the best family there is. Oi, Kurapika, join the family hug."

Kurapika raises an eyebrow. "I'm good, thanks-

Kurapika suddenly squeaks as Leorio lunges himself onto Kurapika.

"Hug with us, Kurapika! Or are you so heartless as to deny your children care and love?" Leorio tackles Kurapika who attempts to struggle within his grasp.

"Let- let me go! Leorio! Aah!"

"Oi, old man! Don't squish me under your large ass! Mph! Wait! nO! Get away from me! Argh!"

"Stop moving! C'mon, guys! Get togeth- Yeouch! Who bit me?!"

"Hey, don't forget about me! I want to hug you guys too!"

Eventually, Leorio somehow manages to get everyone into a group hug, albeit, a little uncomfortable as half of Kurapika is under Leorio's leg, Killua's right leg is shoved up the middle of the group, Leorio is receiving a mouthful of Gon's hair and...well, it's a mess.

Nonetheless, the four are all smiling.

They suddenly hear  camera going off. A picture then floats down. Gon picks it up with his free hand (the other is wedged somewhere between Killua and Kurapika) and holds the picture up so that they can see.

It's the four of them, in their awkward hugging position.

"Just as a little momento." The mystery voice says. 

They all smile as they slowly untangle themselves from each other before resuming to their original seats, although, slightly closer to each other now.

"But you did catch me." Gon says.

"Huh?"

"You both caught me!" Gon smiles.

"Well, I guess so..." Leorio is astounded while Kurapika simply looks done.

"Gon!"

They turn to see Katsuo running towards them.

"Katsuo-san!" Gon stands up.

"Thanks, Gon!" Katsuo says. "You saved my life."

"i couldn't have done it alone." Gon says. "These two helped save you."

"Huh?" Leorio and Kurpika both look up in shock.

"Thank you very much!" Katsuo bows.

"No, you don't need to thank me." Kurapika replies.

"Well..." Leorio bashfully grins, "Yeah, I'm glad you're okay."

"Yeah! So I'll be returning to my station!" Katsuo then runs off.

Kurapika looks at Leorio who looks at him, causing Kurapika to smile.

"What?" Leorio asks, noticing Kurapika's smile.

"I apologise for my rude behaviour." Kurapika says, before looking up at Leorio. "Sorry, Leorio-san."

"Wh-What's with the sudden change?" Leorio asks. "We sound like strangers... Just call me Leorio...Leorio works."

"Aww, how cute." Killua croons.

Kurapika smiles before Leorio continues. "I'm also sorry. I take back everything I said. I was wrong."

"No, it's okay." Kurapika says.

They suddenly hear the captain laugh and turn to see him leaning on a door.

"I like you guys! Okay! I'll take responsibility for bringing you three to the port closest to the exam site."

"Really?" Gon's face brightens. "What about your test?"

The captain turns around. "Like I said...It's my decision to make....And all three of you pass!"

All three of them smile, Gon cheering and jumping into the air.

The narrator then speaks.

"And so began Gon's journey...To follow his father's footsteps and become a Hunter."

Kasanatteta mune no oto...

A silhouette of Gon is shown as the ending song plays. Leorio's silohuete is shown, and then Kurapika's and then Killua's, before they start to fill in colour. The screen flashes and Gon is then showed in a background of flashing lights, then Leorio, then Kurapika and then Killua. The Hunter examinees are then shown, the four standing  together, quick images flash, Hisoka is shown, Gon is running, Killua joins him, Kurapika joins them and then Leorio joins. The four are then shown falling and then the screen is cut into four parts with each of them in one part., before it splits into half with only Gon and Killua. Killua is then shown with a tear of blood which rolls down his cheek before the background changes and Gon is shown standing alone. Leorio joins him, and then Kurapika, and then Killua. The background then turns into the Hunter logo as their figures become white silhouettes.

"WOAH! The ending song sounds so cool!" Gon shouts, excitedly leaping from his seat, causing Killua to awkwardly be smooshed to the side.

"Oi, Gon! Sit down!"

"Ok, ok! That was so cool for the first episode, though!"

"Ah, Gon, I don't think it's quite finished yet." Kurapika points out.

"There's more?" 

The HUNTER X HUNTER logo is shown as the preview music plays. Gon, Leorio and Kurapika are shown standing in front of white-cloaked people and an old lady in the centre, the old lady gets a close-up, a large-nosed man is shown smirking, Kurapika and Leorio are shown fighting, Kurapika is shown with another woman and a magical beast while Gon's voice says, "Next time: Tests of Tests. Look forward to it!" Gon swings his fishing rod and then a close-up of the old lady screaming is shown.

The screen then blanks.

"Woah." Leorio leans back, "That was a hella long episode."

Kurapika nods. "It was very enlightening."

There's a brief silence before Gon speaks up.

"Let's watch the next one!"

Killua picks up the remote and plays the next episode: Tests x of x Tests.

A/N: OK, I have never done these types of fanfics b4 and I did NOT know how much effort is put into these. I feel like I've described too much, put too much speech, didn't put enough, interpreted the anime wrong. I originally thought that I would've been able to update this much sooner but between work and my other stories (I'm working on other stuff which haven't been published yet), this took a lot longer than I expected. I apologise for the long delay but I did say to not expect too much. The next chapter probably won't be posted until late January (depending on how busy I am) so I'm really sorry. Umm, enjoy the upcoming holiday and I hope this chapter wasn't too bad! Thanks ~Bubble Pop Bee. >.<

(If there's anything I can fix, please tell me. Thx!)

((Also, this isn't betad in case anyone was wondering.))

(((Betad is basically when another person reads over the work and check for mistakes and stuff right?)))

((((i'm rlly srry i'll stop, have a nice week!))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 20K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
72.4K 3.2K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
781K 29.1K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...