HxH watches Hunter x Hunter

By bb_bubblepopb33

You know those fanfics where the author actually has a reason for the characters to watch their own show? Wel... More

A/N
Episode 1 - Departure x and x Friends
Episode 2 - Test x Of x Tests
The x Coldest x Goodbyes
Episode 3 - Rivals x For x Survival
Episode 4 - Hope x and x Ambition
Episode 5 - Hisoka x Is x Sneaky
Episode 6 - A x Surprising x Challenge
Episode 7 - Showdown x On The x Airship
Episode 8 - Decision x By x Majority
Episode 9 - Beware x Of x Prisoners
Episode 10 - Trick x to the x Trick
Episode 11 - Trouble x With The x Gamble
Episode 12 - Final x Test of x Resolve
Episode 14 - Hit x The x Target

Prologue

10.3K 153 129
By bb_bubblepopb33

Gon had been climbing up the World Tree. 

He had been climbing up to meet Ging and was about a good quarter way up when a cloud surrounded him and it felt like he was being lifted up. 

Except, the "lifting up" feeling wasn't just lifting up but also dropping down and swirling around and being tossed around in arching loops until Gon realised that he wasn't even on the World Tree let alone near it. 

In fact, Gon had no idea where he was and he couldn't tell either because the clouds were blocking his line of vision and there was not even a small breeze or a single trace of smell which Gon could identify apart from his own rusty scent.

And suddenly he was falling into an abyss of unknown.

~~~

Killua had been with Alluka.  Killua had been with Alluka, waiting at the airport and was about to board an aircraft when he realised that he wasn't stepping into an aircraft but a cloud which trapped him in its suffocating - except, it didn't feel suffocating - embrace and made him feel numb of thoughts and feelings.

Killua noted that he was going somewhere but that he wasn't the one moving and that the cloud wasn't moving either, despite the dizzying motions which attempted to trick Killua into thinking that the cloud really was moving.

And then suddenly, Killua was moving - not the cloud but Killua himself - and not on his own will but because he had suddenly started falling and he was falling into an unknown abyss. 

~~~

Kurapika had been thinking. He had been thinking and staring at shining red eyes which stared back at him until his eyes started to fog from staring too much.

Except, the fog wasn't because his eyes were tired but because a cloud had suddenly chained Kurapika to- another cloud? Or was it the same cloud? 

Kurapika realised that he was being hypnotised (was he?) and that he was being tumbled and flipped over without actually tumbling nor flipping. The clouds appeared to tighten around him, going right up against him until it felt like Kurapika had clouds in his mouth and up his nose.

And then the clouds were suddenly gone as Kurapika found himself falling into an unknown abyss.

~~~

Leorio had been at his desk. Leorio had been at his desk surrounded by medical books when the books were suddenly replaced with clouds and Leorio was in a cloud and- holy- did Leorio suddenly die and go to heaven because there were way too many clouds and this was not normal.

On second thought, Leorio realised that even if there were suddenly thousands of clouds hogging up the room, there was no way he would be in heaven because one: he's not dying anytime soon and two: while he may be a good person, he's still fairly certain that he has committed way too many sins (he's not a rapist whatsoever, but he is a pervert and perhaps jacking off in a public bathroom was a little too much) to actually go to heaven.

So Leorio concludes that he is, in fact, not in heaven but before he can think about anything else like why does it feel like he's suddenly become fairy floss and is being spun round and around into a teeth-destroying confectionery, the clouds are gone.

And Leorio is suddenly falling into an unknown abyss.

~~~

None of them expected to see each other again. 

Not at this current moment when Gon was supposed to be with Ging and Killua was supposed to be with Alluka and Kurapika was doing whatever the hell he was doing not checking on Gon after the Chimera Ants incident and Leorio- Leorio doesn't know what the hell he was doing anymore because he's too focused on what he's supposed to be doing now because he's simple and that means that when he sees his three other friends with him in a room with a large screen and several couches when he was fairly certain that he had been alone in a room with a tiny screen (a computer) and one chair, he pinches himself.

Leorio pinches himself and when he doesn't see the clouds which brought him here, he pinches himself again.

And then hell unleashes itself as Kurapika summons his chains and Killua- oh f- run away NOW! - and Gon... Gon may have lost his Nen but right now, he's the one who will tear the walls down and then throw them at the smartass who decided to cloud warp them to this mystery room and then teleport everyone himself back to their original places because the cloud warper will either be knocked out or because no one would trust the cloud warper to actually bring them back and then Gon will go back to the mystery room and demand the cloud warper to explain after ensuring that everyone is perfectly safe. 

Although, on second thoughts...Gon suddenly relaxes. Killua and Kurapika do too and before Leorio himself can switch on his "protecc friends" mode, a thin wisp curls around him, calming his pounding heart.

"Dear Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio. We deeply apologise for the inconvenience. However, we wish that you four may take a seat and watch this animated series whilst you are stuck here. The animated series is of your lives, particularly centering around Gon. We would like you too watch through these episodes to see how much you have all changed and so that you may decide the right future for yourselves. If there is anything you wish for, we shall provide. Enjoy."

All four tense at the disembodied voice. However, the wisps which hover around them stops them from taking any further actions. Gon takes a deep breath. He then looks at his friends who, although just as startled and confused as he was, were also quite subdued.

The other three also noticed this.

It's as if the cloud has calming properties, they all think.

Gon starts to wonder what type of Nen user the disembodied voice was, then recalls that they had said "we", which made Gon wonder how many people had wanted to kidnap him and his friends for the sole purpose of, what was it?, watching an "animated series" which apparently "centered around Gon".  

Gon suddenly feels a light nudge at his side and turns to see Killua. 

"Killua..." 

Killua's face is blank before he shyly smiles at Gon, "I didn't think I would see you this soon...Gon."

Gon's eyes widen a bit as he recalls their last moment together before smiling brightly, "I guess that we can't really be kept apart. Isn't that right, Killua?" Gon laughs as he wraps an arm around Killua. "We're just such great friends that the universe couldn't bear us being apart for too long so they decided to bring us together again."

Killua scoffs, "Stop that. You're still as embarrassing as ever, Gon." However he keeps Gon's arm around him, glad that he was back with Gon again.

The two both avoid discussing about Alluka and Ging.

Meanwhile, the other side of the room is tense as Leorio and Kurapika both stare at each, Kurapika dressed in a suit. Leorio is the first to break the silence. 

"Why didn't you come?"

It's short and accusing but Kurapika doesn't flinch nor respondin any way. This makes Leorio even madder.

"Why didn't you come?! Didn't you care?! Your friend was dying while you were out seeking for revenge! And you call yourself a hunter. Aren't your current friends more important than your past?!"

"..."

"Kurapika, answer me!"

Leorio grabs hold of Kurapika's slim shoulders and stares into remorseless eyes. 

"Oi, Kurapika!" Leorio is ready to slam Kurapika into a wall when a small hand stops him. He looks down to see Gon who was drawn to the one-sided  shouting match.

"Leorio, stop!" Gon shouts, "Don't push Kurapika. It's ok."

Leorio looks at Gon before sighing and releasing his hold on Kurapika. Kurapika doesn't react, instead, shifting a bit and casting his gaze downwards while Gon attempts to lighten the tension.

The heavy atmosphere is interrupted by Killua who waves from one of the couches.

"Hey, what are you guys waiting for? The disembodied voice said that we should watch some animated series, right? C'mon! There's a remote here so I'm assuming that we just have to press play for it to start." Killua waves the remote.

Leorio quickly forgets about Kurapika, "Wait, is it really ok to just do as the voice says? What if they're trying to trick us?"

Gon hums thoughtfully, "Hmm, that could be true. But my instinct tells me that the disembodied voice only wants us to watch this series!"

Gon then skips to Killua and jumps over the couch, landing on his best friend. 

"H-huh?! G-get off me, Gon! You're so heavy!" Killua's cheeks flush as struggles from underneath Gon who eventually gets off and sits right next to Killua.

Leorio sneaks a glance at Kurapika which does not go unnoticed.

"I shall watch too." Kurapika simply responds before going to an unoccupied couch.

Leorio grumbles and chooses to sit on the other end of the couch since he doesn't want to be isolated nor does he wish to take up Gon and Killua's space and he most definitely doesn't want to sit next to Kurapika right now.

As soon as they have all settled down, Gon snatches the remote from Killua.

"Ready? 3, 2, 1, go!"

Gon presses play and the screen flashes to life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 6.7K 95
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
178K 3.7K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
511K 7.7K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.3M 55.1K 101
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC