Hyūga and Uchiha hybrid •|•Ka...

By BookNin

Uchiha clan and Hyūga clan have a living secret... Hira Hyūga was born from the two clans.. funny thing is s... More

A/N
Ninja Profile
Prologue :
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3:
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5:
CHAPTER 6:
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
IMPORTANT

CHAPTER 9

4.5K 121 9
By BookNin

I couldn't fall asleep, my mind was on 'Mission Mode' as Hiashi use to say when I had told him of this sleeplessness I experience during overnight missions. I glance up at the tree Kakashi was in, he sat with one leg swinging from the branch the other propped up on the branch. He rested an arm on it while he twirled a kunai in his other hand. 

The full moon was shining brightly over us as if the sun was out so I could see even without my Byakugan. I looked up at the sky feeling a cold wind blowing making a shiver run up my spine. It was quite cold out and not having sleeves was a stupid idea, at least my sleeping bag was warmer not warm enough though. I glanced back at Kakashi to see him give a minor shiver, "He's going to catch a cold if this continues." I mumbled to myself, so soft that even with the dead silence nothing was heard, probably just sounded like a deep breath being released. 

I came to my decision as I sat up and unzipped my sleeping bag fully, making it in a makeshift blanket I grabbed my water bottle as well. I pulled it over my shoulders and headed over to the shivering shinobi, pushing Chakra to the bottom of my feet I walked up the tree to the branch Kakashi was sitting on. He glanced over to me, probably saw a moving figure that had caught his eye. "Hira?" He asked, his voice a bit hoarse, "Why are you up, it's still my shift." He said looking up at the moon to see if he was correct. 

"Well, I can't sleep more than 3-4 hours during times like these. Usually during overnight missions, so I decided to take over or just keep you company." I said and then held out my water bottle, "And by the sound of it, it seems you are in need fr some water. Mind if I join?" I asked gesturing to the part of the branch his leg was resting on. He didn't answer only moved his leg and sat facing the tower feet dangling off the branch. I slightly jumped onto the branch joining him. "Here..." I said offering him my water bottle, hesitantly he took it. "Thanks." He said and took a big gulp of water. "You can finish it if you want, I can just refill it in the morning before we leave," I said when I saw him staring at the water bottle contemplating whether he should drink more or not. He took a glance at me and I just smiled reassuringly at him. 

He took the last bit of water from the bottle before handing it back to me, another breeze came through leaving Kakashi trying hard to hide his shivering. I took a glance at him as we were both facing forward and without looking I draped one side of my makeshift blanket over his shoulders making him jump away. "What are you doing?" He asked in a whisper as if I had offended him. "Your cold," I said, but he glare at me. 

"Nice try, you just want to get closer to me," he said on guard making me roll my eyes. "No, idiot. I am just helping you avoid a nasty cold." I countered and looked away as I was about to hit him off the branch for thinking that all I wanted was to get closer to him like I wouldn't mind getting closer to him but I know when I can and when I shouldn't. "Sorry." He said and I looked back at him shaking my head. "No, I should apologize. I wasn't thinking how you might feel about it since you are followed by fangirls daily which in my opinion is just wrong." I said shaking my head and the image of the fangirls, "Plus I know that it's frustrating how they act, the boys are the same. Sometimes they can get a bit aggressive when rejected." I confessed looking down at the zipper, finding it all of a sudden very interesting. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder making me jump slightly but relax when I realized it was just Kakashi. His hand was cold, I could feel it as it sunk through the material of the sleeping bag. I reacted without realizing, My hands shot out to his hand on my shoulder grabbing it into my warm grasp. "You're freezing," I said trying to warm his hand when I realized what I was doing my cheeks heated up and I retracted my hands. "Sorry," I said looking to the side down at the campsite.

The two were still fast asleep, Obtio sprawled half out of his sleeping bag and Rin in curled up for some heat. Those two would make an amazing couple, unfortunately, Rin only had eyes for Kakashi and had thrown Obito in the friend zone. Poor fellow never even had a chance and don't stand a chance now. 

"Hira?" Kakashi spoke from beside me pulling me at my pitty for the Uchiha boy. "Hm?" I asked looking back at him seeing him shivering still. "Can I still..." he trailed off, I held out the other side of the makeshift blanket knowing what he wanted to ask. I thought he would move closer to me, but instead, his arm went underneath the blanket and gripped my waist pulling me closer to him. He had me blushing a deep red at this, "Sorry, just we were getting too close to the branch's end." He said retracting his arm from my waist, a sudden chill came over me but I hid it. We sat real close, our shoulders touched when we took in a breath and our knees were just an inch away from one another. 

We sat in a comfortable silence just looking out for any movement. We sat like that for a while before I felt a slight weight on my shoulder when I looked down I only saw a mess of grey hair meaning Kakashi fell asleep. Instead of waking him up I left him as it was round about the time I should've started my shift.

It was very quiet, the only sound was the crickets down below, an owl in the distance and the soft snoring of Kakashi as he slept. 

I just sat there observing our surroundings making sure we are safe while my friends were fast asleep. Now and again I would look out at the horizon for any sign of light as then I had to wake them and if I was being honest with myself  I didn't want to wake up Kakashi. 

I didn't feel tired, but I was starting to overheat as I kept thinking of the shinobi quietly snoring on my shoulder. The night moved slowly as there was no change at all, as most teams had taken shelter seeing as we would still have 4 days left meaning we had plenty of time to get our opposing scroll. I had approximately 4-5minutes before the sign of first light so I decided it was time to check up on our friends so I activated my Byakugan seeing them moving around. I watched intently trying to figure out what they are doing. It seems as though they were trying to get their fire going again meaning they were getting ready to make breakfast or something to eat. I deactivated my Kekkei Genkai to look at my friends and comrades in a different world at the moment. "I think it's time for breakfast." I thought and on cue, my stomach growled finalizing my decision. I carefully shifted Kakashi over to lean against the tree trunk so I can go search for food. I left the sleeping bag blanket wrapped around Kakashi not to wake him from a sudden cold wind blowing past plus I can't go hunting for food with a blanket getting caught on everything.

I stood in the river my shoes were off to avoid the uncomfortable feeling of wet shoes as I tried catching fish. "You need to focus on one fish." a voice spoke all of sudden and that shocked me to the point of slipping on a wet part of the river mound and falling fully in the water with a yelp. When I popped my head out of the flowing water I could feel the dripping water running down my face. I have soaked head to toe thanks to a certain someone that had snuck up on me. "I thought you were still fast asleep," I commented as I stood up waist-deep in the river. "Well, I woke up." He simply said as he took off his shoes and rolled up his pants. "What are you doing?" I asked as he rolled up his sleeves. "Helping you catch fish." He said getting into the water. "OH, you don't need to do that, Kakashi." I waved my hands in front of me frantically almost in a panic-like state. He looked at me after shaking his head. "I'm already in the water though." He said as he pointed down to the water surrounding him. Making me giggle and then he taught me how to catch the fish.

"So, where did you learn to fish?" I asked as I threw a kunai at a fish swimming in the water. It went quiet for a moment as a Kakashi was thinking about something like he doesn't want to say something.

" I taught myself by studying fishing books but the basics were taught to me by my father."  he finally said and it fell quiet for a moment.  I didn't know what to say for some time but then I thought back to the time when I met his father the man that I was grateful for and owe much more than I can give.

"I met your father once it was when I was very young before I started the Academy I remember fondly the day I met him he was assigned to teach me ninjutsu since my family struggled with that." I spoke and Kakashi looked at me as if I grew another head. " what makes you think that you met my father you could have been anybody."  he spoke harshly almost spit in the words.

"I know he was your father the moment I saw you as you resemble spot on. You're like a mini version of him. And I'm greatly sorry for your loss your father was a great man and an incredible shinobi." I answered him. He gave me a sickening look as he was very angry at my words. "  my father was a traitor he broke the rules one that you know we must follow and he was shamed for it. It had cost the village a great amount of misery and pain."  he spat out with a venomous look most glaring at me. But it didn't bother me only shook my head and how badly he viewed his father, after all, he was a reason why I was here.

"Yes, he might have abandoned this mission but he saved his comrades lives and I hate how people of the village we owed him for that even though it cost our village plenty you was still doing what he thought was right and sometimes bending the rules may be even breaking them has a much better outcome. I for one standby his decision of saving his comrades instead of going on with his mission because I for one would do that because you guys are my family. And please don't talk ill of your father, I never got to meet mine I know who he is though but I never want to meet or see him, your father was very kind to me as he's the reason why I could join the Academy." When I was done with my minor speech I walked over to the riverbend and got out picking up my shoes and a few fish I caught and walked back to the campsite getting ready for breakfast as we would soon be leaving. I left Kakashi there thinking about what I said wanting him to understand his father's point of view as in might help him become a stronger shinobi.

By the time Kakashi came back breakfast was already done and I was starting to wake everybody up. The silver-haired shinobi's pants I'm still rolled up and shoes in hand he looked as if he was confused. "Come, guys, we don't have much time before our targets leave,"  I spoke loud enough for them to hear Rin was easy to wake up, but I had to viciously shake Obito awake. There was an awkward silence between Kakashi and me as we ate our food just avoiding eye contact. Obito and Rin didn't realize the awkwardness and continued by talking about what we going to do.

After breakfast we started to pack up clean up and was ready to go I activated my Bakugan to follow the other team. They had already started walking but went as far as we would have been if it was us. "They are already on the move but not very far we catch up in no time," I informed my team members as we started to walk to the tower following the other team. Kakashi and I switched places I took the front and he was at the back seeing as I had to use my Kekkei Genkai to lead us to the other team and Kakashi had to take the rear as he needed to protect as if anyone tries to attack from the back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 12.2K 22
*WARNING THE BEGINNING OF THE STORY IS NOT THE BEST* Kira Uchiha. With only a few hours of being born her father made her older brother ,Itachi to...
53.6K 1.8K 52
Bonds either break or make us, true bonds are the ones who never break even if they are toxic and dosed in poison... Hira lives in Konoha with true...
43.2K 1.6K 58
[[COMPLETED]] Naruto Uzumaki was living his life, he had wealth, health, fame and pretty much everything like having a son and a daughter named Borut...
2.2M 73.9K 61
[ NarutoVarious x Reader ] [Reader is Naruto's sister ] __________ *original naruto plot gets skipped alot* 《 A story in which two clumsy ninjas find...