Cold Like Death: Shoto Todoro...

By TeruTategami

One second she was smiling at the cold white bliss, the next she were enveloped in ice and a vision that fade... More

Chapter 1: Frozen In Time
Chapter 2: Late Night Sleepover
Chapter 4: Morning
Chapter 5: The Cool Down
Chapter 6: Dad
Chapter 7: The Family
Chapter 8: The File
Chapter 9: The Gauntlet
Chapter 10: The Trials
Chapter 11: Doppelgangers Galore
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 14: Cherry Blossoms
Chapter 15: Cats & Blind Dates
Chapter 16: Taken For Granted
Chapter 17: The Odds
Chapter 18: Fire & Ice
Chapter 19: The Investigation
Chapter 20: Awakening
Chapter 21: Hide
Chapter 22: Home
Chapter 23: Blue
Chapter 24: The Girl In Need Of A Hero
Chapter 25: Rescue
Chapter 26: Parting Ways
Chapter 27: We're All Connected
Chapter 28: The Final Destination
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End

Chapter 3: Pride

4.4K 230 98
By TeruTategami

You know how Endeavor was so adamant to, sort of, get rid of you? Yes, the man was offering up his family and home to you. It’s all because he was wallowing in the guilt of your thirty year pause in time. Right now, Endeavor’s too caught up in a mess within his hero work to really be dealing with his ex from three decades prior. It’d be in his best interest to have your life back in order, or at least to some extent, it’d be one less thing on his plate. The home was provided, the last matter of the situation is re enrolling you into a school for aspiring heroes. 

However, everything became oh so unfortunate. As sadly expected, UA refused to take you in as a student despite your enrollment thirty years back. The curriculum and requirements have changed drastically over the years. They had their reasonings or excuses besides them, or whatever you want to call it. You're still allowed to enroll into UA again as long as everything eventually gets sorted out before the semester comes to an end. After all, you’d prefer to enroll into Shoto’s class; It was the second semester of your freshman year, just like Shoto is currently, when you went under the ice. Better to go into school with someone you know rather than nobody at all.

This all resulted in your but newfound slump. Normally you’d be more than happy to tackle problems head on but everything is coming close to a near standstill again. For the last twenty minutes, give or take, you've been sitting upon the edge of Shoto's bed. A near blank application for school was staring right back into your deadpan face like an annoying blemish you wanted to erase from the earth. Most of the packet was easily filled out, easier said than done, while the deeper you ventured the harder it became to complete. "Permission from a parent or legal guardian to attend UA High if your attendance has been accepted..." You sighed while pinching the bridge of your nose.

Your ex’s son has been off school for the last day and a half because of your sake. Aizawa understood that Shoto was juggling around your responsibilities. Mr. Aizawa began teaching rather recently according to Shoto and is known to give a big silent ‘fuck you’ when it came to family matters but since Shoto already is one of the top students of the class, a break wouldn’t hurt too bad. Shoto was given the day's classwork and lesson plan ahead of time and permission to leave for no more than three days. Aizawa honestly sounds like a teacher you’d highly enjoy being taught by. Too harsh of a teacher and you’re sure to give lip, too lenient and you won’t take the class seriously. The trick must be to stay on his good side, strive for the top, and show the desire to improve. Too bad you’re not in his class yet…

Shoto had reluctantly glanced up from his textbook and schoolwork. The subject of you needing guardian approval was an easy problem to solve. "Just get my dad to sign it... He's technically your guardian now anyways..." The boy sighed all the while he tossed a pen in your direction.

Shoto can’t tell if you weren’t paying attention or if you intended for the pen of red ink to hit you in the side of the side. You actually never felt a thing but was surprised when it did land within your grasp. "I know I know..." You sat the application down and rested your head within the cradle of your hands. "I'm still just accepting the fact that my parents basically orphaned me. Now I have to go through the stress of re-applying and redo the entry exam for school," your voice had raised and lowered dramatically. Everyone already knew you were stressed but this is a new level. The second emotions are taken out on others means nothing good.

Shoto took his entrance exam for granted just one semester ago. He can't exactly identify with your stress right now. "When I did my exam, it was just an obstacle course. If you can do what I've heard you can, I'd say you-"

"I'm still half freezing to death Shoto! If I use my quirk one more time in my state I'll freeze to death," Shoto found you running your hands through the stringy strands of snow white hair with the most sullen expression occupying your features. It's only been two days since you've been extracted from the ice and you're truly upset with the everlasting cold within your being.

It's true though, of course you'd be upset when everything just seems to get worse and worse. "I know I'm pessimistic but you're even worse than me," Shoto sat his textbook off to the side with a pencil sat within the spine to reserve his place. "We're going back to school, right now," he determined confidently.

"W-why?" Nothing is going to change.

Shoto paused to think, the effort was wasted because he already had an answer. "You're scared that you'll fail the entrance exam. Just spend some time with my classmates."

"Again why?" You sass was beginning to show with a cross of your arms awaiting an answer.

"Their spirits are contagious just take my word on that," Shoto couldn’t stress that comment enough. There’s no need to explain it to you either.

“I-I mean I believe you,” you began to stutter. His response was unexpected to say the least. “You’re talking about Midoriya right? I didn’t know him for very long when we did talk but when you’re with him you seem really happy,” Shoto’s all smiles and quite talkative around that broccoli boy.

Even now, Shoto was smiling at the mention of his best friend. “We’re leaving so come on,” Shoto began to pack up his belongings into a single strap backpack. You headed off to Fuyumi’s room to pick out a change of clothes. Yeah, you haven’t gone shopping yet so you’re stuck with sharing clothes with Shoto’s older sister. Of course on the walk over Shoto had let you cling to his side as always for warmth. He’s grown to enjoy your presence on his hip. It’s like he’s being hugged all the time, and who doesn’t like to be hugged?

Luckily, class just got out for the day which meant everyone should either be going to their hero studies just about now or chilling out at their class dormitory. “Since when did UA build dorms? They weren’t here when I went here…” There’s so many tall buildings on school property. Each one had the name of which particular class or classes they belonged to and looked brand new. Flawless bricks, vibrant paint, pristine clean windows it all made you feel like royalty.

“They were built this year cause of… Because of me and my classmates,” Shoto regrets to admit.

“May I ask why?” You hummed.

“I never listen to school rules, one of my classmates got kidnapped, the League of Villains are out to kill my class. Lots of things…” Shoto was done with his explanation for now. You went silent for it was an awkward position.

Shoto led you to his class dormitory. Many of his classmates had just arrived, still in class uniform. One thing for sure was that the uniforms hadn’t changed one bit in the last thirty years. That’s not necessarily bad, the design isn’t an eyesore. One thing for sure is that you weren’t an eyesore. Some of Shoto’s male classmates were drawn to you like a fly to bright light.

A blonde with golden eyes and a stark black lightning bolt in his hair had hearts in his eyes. “Shoto is she your sister or what? She’s so beautiful!” The boy swooned.

“Sister?” You unlatched yourself from Shoto’s side. “I’m an only child and you shouldn’t assume shit! We look nothing alike,” practically intimidating the blonde into a corner, Shoto had to step up.

“(Y/n)? Remember what I said the other day?” Shoto pulled you away from his chivalrous classmate.

“No, What?” Your cheeks puffed out.

“You look a lot like my mom with your white hair and all. I’m sure you can connect the dots.”

Your snow white hair was clouding your vision, must everyone remind you of the hair you’re trying to get rid of? “I’m sorry,” you sighed yet you kept glaring at the blonde. “I’m not related to Shoto in any way, my hair isn’t naturally white, and if you flirt with me one more time then you can expect my foot to go up your ass.”

The blonde jumped away, hiding behind a red haired male you’ve met once before today. “This girl is fierce,” was all the redhead had to say. He had said it with a smile, you took it as a compliment and no other way around.

“She’s already backtalked my father a few times,” Shoto fought off a snicker.

“If she can butt heads with Endeavor then count me out!” The blonde ran away presumably to his room.

“Ignore him,” the redhead chuckled in delight. “I see you’re doing great (Y/n). I’m Kirishima, I helped you get out of the ice. That was Kaminari, again just ignore him,” Kirishima held out one of his hands.

You managed to grin and returned the hand back, “nice to finally meet you.”

“Your hand is so cold,” Kirishima immediately began to rub his hands together.

“I’m aware,” you laughed awkwardly.

“What brings you two here? I thought you were on break Todoroki!” You recognized that shaky pubescent voice from anywhere. That bushy haired boy of wonder had himself thrown over the back of the couch with curious emerald eyes stuck upon you both.

“Work your magic on (Y/n),” Shoto had began to take out his textbook from his bookbag. “(Y/n) believes she doesn’t stand a chance in the entrance exam.”

“Intense training?” Kirishima bent his arm and flexed his muscles. “I’d love to share a classroom with you (Y/n)! I’ll help you prepare.”

“Make some new friends, train a little bit, maybe dye your hair or something? If you truly don’t like your hair white then yeah! Dying it should help.”

“How come I never thought to dye my hair? That’s like the smartest idea I’ve ever heard,” you thanked Midoriya. “Okay so, normally I’m the one who’s helping people out not the one needing the help. You guys are awesome…” No wonder why Shoto said his classmates spirits are contagious. They’re really inspirational! Now all you want to do is work yourself to the bone. You’ve never had so much support in all your life even when you used to go to UA it was like every student for themselves.

“I’ll be studying so have fun everyone,” Shoto sat down at a table and got to work. As did you.

A select few students from Shoto’s class had stepped up to help you prepare for the entrance exam. First person to help you out happened to be Class Rep Iida and Midoriya. They wanted to help you raise your body temperature with a completely reasonable plan in mind: Run. To build up stamina and running speed while all at the same time running makes the body work hard and sweat. By the end of the session, your body was on fire, feet began to ache and you were drenched in sweat. It was a good sweat though! The only downside was that your hair reflects how cold your internal body temperature is and despite the running the second you stopped your body was a cold mess once again. The upside? Your hair had regained a two more inches of color! The plan to dye it still stands.

Next plan of attack came the morning afterwards. You ran with Iida and Midoriya again before school then chilled out within the dormitory with Shoto, even helped him with his homework cause you surprisingly quite a bit of the material already. After school though was phase two of the training regiment. Today you’re gonna train with Kirishima and a few of his friends.

“Um… May I ask why you’re wrapping your elbow tape around my wrist and hands?” This guy’s name was Sero and for the last few minutes he’s been wrapping tape around your hands and fingers with care under Kirishima’s order.

“We’re gonna lift weights and well… If you’re fine with it, we’re gonna fight too,” Kirishima shrugged. That’s gonna be your decision, no one else's.

“I can fight no problem,” your overwhelming confidence began to show with your devilish smirk.

Kirishima stepped forwards, he too wore tape to match you. “Practice wouldn’t hUUUUUURT!!!” Sero was half folded upon himself cackling his lungs out. He just witnessed the most epic display of feminine prowess as you had taken Kirishima by one arm and flipped him into a body slam onto the ground!

You playfully ruffled Sero’s hair, then peered over Kirishima’s shock stricken frame. “Did I tell you or did I tell you?”

“I wish I could’ve turned on my quirk…” Kirishima’s manly pride was slowly beginning to deteriorate. His back was killing him, his head was buzzing with a vibrating pain in intensity.

Kirishima did eventually piece his pride back together and got to the point of today’s lesson. You lifted weights through dumbells and heavy lifting. Sero, with a brilliant idea from two girls named Uraraka and Ashido, double sided a long piece of tape and connected both ends to make one large circle. You hopped in while those two girls from earlier hopped in too and stood shoulder to shoulder at one end. “Me and Mina are gonna pull at this end, you pull on yours, try to drag us!” Uraraka was buzzing with excitement. In all honesty you didn’t question the girls and picked up the tape to be pulled from your waist alone. The girls began to tug on their end of the tape, no surprise, you didn’t stand a chance and got pulled backwards against your will and the girls didn’t stop pulling until Shoto stepped in. Kirishima was laughing as this was his sweet idea of karma.

“Why? That’s all I got to ask…” You stood back up, grass was staining your shorts.

Shoto ran up to you, pressing his lips to your left ear. “Use your quirk… I’ll let you figure it out.”

“Oh, um, thanks,” you smiled at the two toned boy. He didn’t have to pop in and gift you with information but here he was. “Use my quirk,” you hummed. Using ice to trip up your future classmates is just dirty. So how can using an ice quirk help? Unless…

“Ready to try again (Y/n)?” Ashido jumped up into the air in pure excitement.

“Yeah!” You gasped. Hopefully the plan works. The girls immediately began pulling on the tape but with a trick up your sleeve your feet iced over and cemented onto the ground. The girls choked, clotheslining themselves as they weren’t going anywhere no matter how hard they pulled. You broke through the ice with one foot to take a step forward, that foot icing over to be an anchor in the ground and it kept up. The two girls were going nowhere and you were dragging them for a change! Shoto’s advice was brilliant!!!

Tomorrow marks the day you take the entrance exam. The training was immediate and back breaking for this moment because once a semester UA holds open mid-semester tryouts for anyone who wishes to join the Hero Course and you had been excavated from the ice just in time. Now, UA rarely accepts mid semester transfers so that means you really have to blow away the judges in order to get accepted at this time. Everyone in class 1. A  is rooting for you, but they're also rooting for someone else eyeing a place in the same exact class.

Shinsou Hitoshi

Apparently, Shota Aizawa, your potential teacher has been mentoring this General Department student in preparation for this day. Once again, the odds aren’t working in your favor.

The class had requested Aizawa to let them watch the exam. He agreed, and now you’re dressed in a gym uniform awaiting the very last moment before the exam begins. Nobody is allowed to view the obstacle course beforehand except for the bystanders who wish to watch the exam firsthand.

There's quite a big turn out for the mid semester entrance exam. It only consists of students who already were enrolled into UA who wish to join the hero course. The only reason why you're allowed to join in was because you've technically gone to UA in the past. Everyone came off as intimidating in some way, nothing like the guy your peers warned you about. Shinsou definitely took after his mentor with bandage like scarves wrapped around his neck. His lavender eyes were almost grey and lifeless and a facial expression yhat was so deadpan it was a near resting bitch-face. Out of everyone, he couldn't stop staring at you in particular. In his defense, Shinsou knows the names of everyone within this room except for you.

Those who helped you train, especially Shoto and Midoriya, gave you a huge talk about the risks of both the exam and Shinsou himself just this morning.

“Just remember, don’t talk to Shinsou and do your best,” Midoriya gave away his most supportive cheerful smile yet.

"Don't sweat anything, you'll be in our class no doubt," Shoto actually smiled for a change besides that ghostly arch of his lips.

"If it wasn't for you both looking after me on that first night I came out of the ice, I wouldn't even be trying out for UA... Thank you," One arm hooked around Shoto's neck, the other around Midoriya's, you pulled them both in for a hug.

Shoto returned the hug happily. "Good luck out there (Y/n)..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 16.4K 77
He is complexed, cold and aloof. Shouto Todoroki is an enigma in its entirety. Y/N knows she should stay away. Especially with her past and her fathe...
14.4K 367 11
Izuku's life is a living hell - no wait... even hell is not that bad - He became a shut in because of all the abuse of his mother and the traumatic b...
11K 638 44
Momo Yaoyorozu has always gotten what she wanted. Good grades and friends, of course, but also attention. Always in the spotlight in her family and s...
47.5K 1.4K 22
It's been ages since you last saw the beautiful young boy you met as a child. He's been in your dreams since when you encountered him on one snowy wi...