How To Love✓

liyahhwrites tarafından

Highest Ranks : #1 & #2 in Badboyseries #1 in Cancerpatient #1 in Cancersurvivor || Completed & Edited || ❧ "... Daha Fazla

Welcome!
The Cast Of How To Love.
Novel Soundtrack.
Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.

31.

250 8 0
liyahhwrites tarafından

Amara

As we got back to campus, we bid each other goodbye with a long, lingering kiss, Lucien explaining that it's to keep him in one piece until later. Well, I had to pull him in a few times for kisses since I wanted to kiss him a while back and I'll also miss him. He laughs at my sudden clinginess.

"I just really appreciate you Lu. You're so perfect, in every way," I confess, kissing him again.

"I'm not, yet you constantly give me a reminder," he says, giving me a look, before pressing his forehead against mine.

"Because you are and forever will be my perfect person," I whisper, looking into his eyes through my eyelashes.

"Oh the things you do to me Amara."

We share a passionate kiss one last time before heading our separate ways in the direction of our dorms. Seeing Syl there already, I thanked God in my head and she immediately told me to search for an outfit.

Halfway into the exercise, I was fed up and my hands hurt.

"This is pointless Syl," I huff and threw the clothes aside.

"You're just picky," she mumbles and I flick her off.

"I think I found your dresses to choose from." In her left hand held a royal blue silky V collar long sleeve pleuche slim bodycon dress and in the other was a red, Manhattan slip, lace up back, accented with gold eyelets, twin knee high leg splits and thin strapping empathising the square flattering neckline.

"Never would I have imagined you owning sexy, panty ripping dresses," she gushes. "Which will it be Mara?"

"He said elegant so....the one on the right," I say finally and she nodded.

"Shoes?"

"My only pair of hot suede platform heels," I chuckle.

"Good," she clapped her hands together and went over to her bed. "I'll be back in an hour. You know, I gotta buy a dress."

I scrunch my eyebrows. "Girl you have tonssss of dresses," I emphasied.

"You don't know what I'll catch," she winks and walks out the door.

"Wear the mosquito net!" I yell.

***

"I don't know....don't you think it's a little too much?" I ask, sitting nervously in the front seat of Syl's work to own car, twirling the hem of my dress between my fingers.

"Nothing is never too much. Besides, I think those tubes are good accessories," she replies with a wink.

I eye her attire and take in how elegantly dressed she was, the strapless asymmetrical side draped gold satin long dress with a thigh high slit and a strapless V neckline totally complimented everything on her.

Who am I to feel insecure in my own skin though? I look amazing. I just feel like I'm over dressed for the occasion.

I sigh and leaned in my seat, relaxing my tensed shoulders. The long drive also added to my tensed state, every minute that passed by made me over think the situation a little too much.

"Do you even know what the occasion is?"

"Lucien's father hosts a ballroom charity event every month for the children on the streets or St. Ann's Safe Care facility in hopes of brightening their futures. A tradition they tend to keep. There are many businesses Mr. King owns which branches all over the US, in the Caribbean and also in some countries of Europe, including their native country France," she informs me.

She speaks as if this is no big deal. My mind is blown to pieces. Another reason why Lucien's father never has time for his own son. If they're so rich, why does his mother still have to fend for herself?

"Now I feel underdressed," I chuckled nervously and sank in my seat.

She shakes her head at my low self esteem and pull up in the street Lucien told us the event took place at. Not even 10 seconds more, we pull up to the only property that had cars littered in the driveway and also occupied 3/4 of the sideway.

She urges me to get out and I did, not wanting to bear the thought of staying in the car any longer. I walk behind her to the big glass door and sure enough, my breathing rate falters as I entered.

I looked around the room and caught my breath. It wasn't like any other room I've been in before. No, it was grandiose. The ceiling was extremely high with ebony walls holding it up. The room looked as if it could hold 500 people, as it expanded to three hundred feet wide and six hundred feet long. The walls were a glittering gold, so bright I practically felt the need to hide myself away from their glare. One big crystal chandelier spiraled down the middle, bringing elegance to the room.

I've never felt so small.... so plain.... so out of place. It wasn't just the ballroom; the women sparkled like a box of jewels, all shades of emerald and ruby and sapphire. I looked down at my dress and doubted ever putting this on. Hushed voices whispered questioning comments as Syl and I entered the man room. I didn't care. At least I had no shame.

At the corner of my eyes I could see a shadow moving towards me.

"Mars! You made it." Lucas was dressed in an all black suit with gold embroidery along the shoulders and neckline, his brown hair messily done. I smile and gave him a quick hug.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well this is also my house you know," he says as-a-matter-of-factly and I facepalm.

"Right, I'm absent minded, I apologise".

He shakes his head. "It's alright. I won't expect much from you. Also, I'm loving the accessories," he points to my tubes and winks.

I giggle. "Second compliment I've gotten about them tonight." My eyes scan the beautifully dressed men and women in search for Lucien, but I couldn't spot him anywhere.

"Let me guess, you're looking for Lucien?" Lucas asks and shoves his hands in his pants pocket.

"Um, yeah, he invited me. That's the reason I'm here actually," I waver.

"He's talking to his father a bit. I'll go inform him of your presence. Where's Syl though?" he questions, looking behind me. I also looked around, just noticing that we weren't standing next to each other.

I wave my hands around. "Got lost in the crowd."

He laughs and nod. Walking off in the other direction, I felt a bit lonely and awkward standing alone, so I decided to take a stand in the corner.

I tried looking for him again and sure enough, there he was conversing with his father, Lucas' mother and... Lina?

Lina was stunning in a blush pink chiffon dress and a pair of hot stilettos to complete the look, her hair twisted in a curly bun and gold jewellery accented her skin color. She smiled adoringly to Lucien, who looked miserable and bored. Yet he didn't show it in a way that others could've picked up. He smiled and laughed with those around him and I knew these feelings tonight were sort of forced.

I know him.

As soon as his eyes fell on me, his mood quickly changed and his real smile met his eyes. He excused himself from the now crowd of people and sauntered over to where I stood. Every step he took, my stomach did a somersault. Maybe it was the way his red long sleeved turtle neck sweater stuck to his skin like another skin, or the way his biceps moved under the thick fabric. To add to it, a satin toned soft pants and a pair of black velvet dress shoes accented the look. His only accessory was a gold watch.

No nose ring and eyebrow ring tonight huh Lucien?

"Hello princess, I missed you," he spoke so smoothly tonight, I didn't know who he was trying to impress. He takes both my hands into his and brings them to his lips, placing soft kisses to them respectively. His eyes never left mines as he did. I pull them away and place them on his shoulders while his found my visible curvy waist. I placed a chaste kiss to his delicate lips and beamed up at him.

"I love what you did with your hair," I compliment adoringly.

He chuckles and pinches my cheek. "I just added a little gel. You, you're magnifique." He kisses me again and I melt in his arms.

I didn't care who was watching, I was captivating this moment forever.

"Are you okay? Did you pack everything you need?" he asks concerned. I gape in awe at the thought of how caring he is.

"Don't worry. I'm loaded. After all, I do hold my life between my fingers," I joke and reassure him by massaging his upper arm gently. He nods. Realising that I'm wearing a semi- revealing dress, he eyed me intensively, his pupils dilating as they travel to the exposed skin over my breasts.

"Perv," a voice eases, bringing his eyes to glare at the perpetrator. Syl smirks along with a group of people around our age, making Lucien's cheeks turn crimson red in an instant.

An announcer calls everyone out to another room; a bigger one perhaps and Lucien pulls me over to the table where Lucas, Dr. Hill and the man I assume was Mr. King, Lucien's father, sat. I greet Dr. Hill warmly, already meeting Lucas, leaving Mr. King for last. Syl also sat at our table next to Lucas and, though I hated the thought of her so close to us, Lina.

I almost gasp out loud when I saw the striking resemblance of Lucien and his father. They both had defined jaws, dazzling eyes, the same smile, dimples, amazing chocolate brown hair and style.

He smiles welcomingly to me, which puts my mind at ease. I introduce myself and held out a hand for him to shake, smiling innocently. He takes this as a sign of comfortability and places a kiss to it instead.

"Damien King. Amara is it? What a beautiful name for an extremely beautiful girl," he compliments and I thank him, trying to contain my delight.

Lucien pulls out a chair for me and I kiss his cheek to thank him, slowly sitting down. I pull out my pump and took a long drag, swallowing the contents.

"Are you feeling okay darling?" Mr. King asks. The worry in his voice reminds me so much of Lucien when he's worried.

"I am, just being cautious. Thank you for your consideration though," I say, leaning back a bit.

"Well okay," he claps his hands to get everyone's attention, "let's start with tonight's events."

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.7M 53.3K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
1.1M 24K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
15.6K 275 54
His blue grey eyes were glued to my brown eyes. "Tell me you don't hate me." He ordered me. "I hate you Mason." "No you don't." "Yes i do." He was t...
317 4 8
𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬...