The Forced Marriage With The...

By Mystery_Angel6

Daniel Rodriguez. Who would say that the once caring and fun loving playboy would turn into a heartless man... More

Chapter 1. The Cross Connection
Chapter 2. Falling into the trap
Chapter 3. The Prince's Sister
Chapter 4. The Marriage
Chapter 5. Married
Chapter 6. The sight of heaven?
Chapter 7. Nightmare
Chapter 8. Comfort
Chapter 9. Mess?
Chapter 10. Hurt
Chapter 11. Abomination
Chapter 12. His Darkness
Chapter 13. Aftermath
Chapter 14. The Piano Room
Chapter 15. Bitter-Sweet Memories
Chapter 16. Breakfast together
Chapter 17. Having Fun
Chapter 18. Plotting
Chapter 19. Funeral
Chapter 20. Step-Sister
Chapter 21. Saving A Damsel In Distress
Chapter 22. Jealousy
Chapter 23. The Kiss
Chapter 24. Why did you do that?
Chapter 25. Kiana's Condition
Chapter 26. You're most precious to me
Chapter 27. The Truce
Chapter 28. The Heartbreak
Chapter 29. Goodbye, Daniel.
Chapter 30. "I know better than you."
Chapter 31. Anthony's Past
Chapter 32. Graveyard Visit
Chapter 33. Anthony's Secret
Chapter 35. Accidently Hearing The Truth
Chapter 36. Invitation
Chapter 37. Letting off the Hook
Chapter 38. Marked
Chapter 39. Can't keep my hands off you
Chapter 40. What really happened.
Chapter 41. Scheming Kiana
Chapter 42. You love her, don't you?
Chapter 43. Ari, you can't leave me.
Chapter 44. The Change
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Characters
Anthony's Story! (Completed)

Chapter 34. Stupid Mate Bond

39.8K 1.4K 242
By Mystery_Angel6

Happy Halloween, my lovely readers!♡♡

My mind was so occupied by how Anthony had miraculously cured my wound to realise that I'm basically still in Daniel's arms. I made an attempt to get down from his arms but instead he held me tighter.

"Uh...Daniel. I can stand by myself now that I'm okay. Could you please put me down?" Daniel's attention which was focused on Anthony snapped as he looked at me.

Daniel tilted his head to the side accessing my face as a scowl appeared on his face making him look like a cute cat. I laughed internally at the comparison. Daniel and cute? He would make more of an agrresive and naughty cat scratching the doorstep with its paws, but still cute in its own way. A huge grin makes its way on my lips as I picture the image.

"What are you grinning at?" Daniel asks while I'm still picturing Daniel-the naughty kitty.

"I'm picturing you as a naughty cat," I say absentmidedly before I can realise what I had uttered.

"What? A cat?" Daniel looked as stunned as me before an amused look took over his face which turned into a smirk, "A naughty one at that, huh? You seem to guess right. I can be really naughty at times, you know." He winked giving a suggestive look. I gasped at his underlying meaning as a blush crept up my face.

"Stop already you two, will you? This is so tacky! It's hurting my eye-balls. My poor eyes." Anthony deadpaned.

I forgot he was also present here.

Trying another attempt to get down, I swinged my legs that were hanging --thanks to Daniel holding me bridal style in his arms-- and motioned him to put me down which he thankfully obliged, putting me down on the ground gently.

Once I was back on my footing, I straightened my dress that had creases all over it and fixed my hair by brushing through them with my fingers. When I looked up, I caught both the men staring at me with strange expressions. Anthony looked at me amusingly as if I were a clown in a circus while Daniel had a warm look on his face along with a sweet smile as he observed my each move. The annoying thing was, even after catching them staring at me, both of them didn't take their eyes off of me or didn't even made an attempt to look away.

"Do I look like a clown?" I posed the question placing my right hand on my hip.

"Yes."

"No."

Both of them said simultaneously, the former said by Anthony and the latter by Daniel.

I raised my brow at Anthony, "May I know why? I don't see myself wearing a clown's costume, what makes you think I look like a clown?" I asked Anthony icily with narrowed eyes before shifting my gazes to Daniel. My insides warmed up just looking at him, "Why were you staring?" I asked softly.

Daniel's ocean blue eyes met mine, peering into my eyes. A look of sadness took over his beautiful Irises. He gave me a small sad smile which bought a bitter ache in my heart. And just like that, I couldn't find it in me to look away. I stared back at him with equal intensity, hoping that would convey him the message, that how much I have missed him in these longest seven days of my life.

"What the fuck are we even doing, talking like normal people as if we don't want each other dead?" Anthony suddenly snapped, making me and Daniel involuntarily look away from each other and back at Anthony.

Anthony had an irked look on his face as he spoke further, "Come to think of it, why did I even heal you. I should have just let you die so that Daniel would live with the guilt of not being able to save you, forever. He would have then understood how it feels to see your loved one die in front of your own eyes and you are able to do nothing. Damn it! If only it weren't for my pathetic wolf and it's stupid mate bond fiasco, Ariana would have been dead and my revenge with Daniel would have finally ended with a payback."

So, that was why he saved me? Because of his wolf.

Well, thanks to his wolf I'm alive but I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed. For once, I thought Anthony was a good person and he truly cared but he had to ruin it, ofcourse.

"Listen, Anthony. First of all, I'm really greatful to you for saving Ari. Secondly, Your revenge is with me. I'll not say anything to you until and unless you're meddling with me alone. But if you include the people I love, then I won't hesitate bringing you down. So," Daniel paused, walking past me to stand in front of Anthony, face to face, his aura exuding power and dominance. "Do. Not. Drag. Ariana. Into. This. And if you do, then-"

"Then what? You'll kill me? Oh, I'm so afraid. I'm might pee myself," Anthony faked fear before looking Daniel straight in the eye with a determined look, "I'm not afraid of you, your highness. I've long stopped caring about my life. So, I don't care if I die. But one thing I'm certain about is that before I die, I'll make sure you die everyday from self-regret and guilt for killing my Gini."

"For the record," Anthony averted his gaze from Daniel to me as he approached me in two long strides and grabbed my hand, "Ariana is my mate. She belongs to me, she loves me and you can't do anything about it." The jerk dared to smirk while a hurt look passed over Daniel's face.

I'm sure he was reminiscing our conversation when I lied to him that I loved Anthony just so that he would let me go and give up on me. Just so that Kiana would be satisfied and wouldn't expose about Daniel being a hybrid to the world. But little did I know, that he actually loved me and unknowingly I've hurt him more than I had thought.

I wanted to smack Anthony's face, Beat him into a pulp, and say him that he didn't own me because of the stupid mate bond. The only person who owned my heart is Daniel. Anthony and Kiana are the people I detest the most for forcing me to leave Daniel. Leave my happiness behind. But sure I can't say all this to either of them for fear of Daniel's life.

So, I say what will certainly hurt Daniel but save him at the same time. I had to say it. For his own sake.

"Anthony, let's go back to our packhouse." I said emphasising the word 'our' without looking at Daniel as I tugged Anthony's hand forward. I hate this. I hate myself more than anyone right now.

Dont look at him, Ariana. Don't look at him.

Despite my consiusness warning me, I took a brief glance of Daniel's face, and sure enough, he looked utterly hurt. The pain in his eyes made my heart clench with its own pain but I swallowed it down and walked past Daniel, heading towards the cemetery gates. Not once did I turn back in the fear of breaking down in front of him and regret doing something I shouldn't do--something like hugging Daniel tightly and saying him how much I loved him. And how much it hurts me to look at him in pain.

Once I was out of the cemetery and in Anthony's car as he rode away from the cemetery lands, the tears that I had contained for so long spilled down one by one, not seeming to stop anytime soon.

"And there she goes again with those crocodile tears!" Anthony exclaimed annoyed which for some reason, made me more hurt than I already am. He doesn't even care what I feel right now. He must be more than happy to see me and Daniel suffer. After all, that's been his agenda right from the beginning.

"I hate you! And now I'm happy that the love of your life died before you even had a chance to confess your love to her. You know why, because no one deserves a heartless man like you, Anthony! You don't deserve anyone's love! I'm glad she died-"

My whole body jerked forward as he pressed the break, bringing a sudden halt to the car. Anthony's face looked murderous as he turned to look at me and I felt fear creep into my bones.

Anthony grabbed by jaw so hard that it became painful, "Don't cross the line, Ariana. It would hardly take me a minute to wring that little neck of yours. How dare you speak to me like that?! I know I didn't deserve someone like Gini. She was too good for me. But you don't get to say anything about what I deserve and what I don't. Or even speak about my Gini, you get that?!" He barked tightening his hold on my jaw.

But when I looked into his misty eyes, I caught sight of pain and sadness lingering in them. There was even a trace of tear which he was trying hard to hold back. Then and there, I felt horrible for saying whatever I had said to him.

"Anthony, you're hurting me." I cried out in pain when his hold tightened even more if it's possible.

"I don't care if you're hurt or not..." his voice trailed away and his hold on my jaw loosened as I started crying uncontrollably.

"I know I shouldn't have said that. It was mean of me. No matter how bad you're to me and Daniel, I've seen it myself in your eyes that you still love that girl Ginivieve with all you have. I just shouldn't have said that you didn't deserve any love because honestly, everyone deserves to be loved. I'm....sorry, for what I said." I muttered casting my eyelids down, the tears still ran down my eyes non-stop due to the pain of being away from Daniel and also because I felt like a horrible person who can only hurt everyone. First Daniel and now, Anthony.

Anthony released his hand from my jaw and stared at me intently for what seemed like a minute without saying anything. When I skidded my gazes back from the seat up to his face, I was shocked when a pair of warm lips captured mine.

I was so stunned by the kiss that I couldn't move. I felt tingles run in my body --probably because of the mate bond-- but these tingles were nothing compared to what I feel when Daniel kisses me. Furthermore, I felt a dull ache in my heart which I didn't know why....

Just like it came, his lips left mine in a jiffy. When Anthony drew back, he looked as shocked as me. Maybe more. Maybe even angry? And confused? And regretful? I couldn't quite pin-point.

"Oh, shit! What the fuck did I just do?! Damn it! What was wrong with me?! How could i do that?! What was I thinking?! Fucking Mate Bond bullshit!" He grumbled aggressively to himself, hitting the steering wheel in anger which made a 'honk' sound in return.

Now I'm assured that he regretted the kiss and it actually was out of instict due to the mate bond stupidness. That somehow bought a relief to me and I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding. For some reason, when Anthony kissed me, I felt my heart ache and an unsettling feeling creeped into my heart and for a fraction of a minute, I felt as if I was betraying Daniel....

Without warning, Anthony shifted back into his seat and rode off in a deathly speed towards the packhouse. The whole ride to the packhouse was filled with uncomfortable silence along with my constant fear of losing my life due to the pace Anthony was riding his car. He was driving the car as if he was riding a Stallion.

The moment we reached the pack grounds, Anthony unbuckled his seat belt and dashed out of the car, towards the pack house, leaving me alone in the car. I inhaled a deep breath and then exhaled before following behind him slowly. He had already entered the packhouse while I had no intention of going in--as I walked in a snail's speed--not that I could do as I wished. With a defeated sigh, I increased my pace and finally reached the entrance door.

The first thing I saw when I entered the packhouse was, a girl wrapped in Anthony's embrace. I could only make out her petite frame and straight blonde since her back was facing me. On the other hand, Anthony was facing me, more like staring me. He had an annoyed expression on his face as he hugged the girl back, while the girl remained in his embrace before backing away and pecking his cheeks sweetly and then his lips.

I tilted my head to the side. She isn't a relative since she kissed him on his lips, but if she's his lover, then why does he look so annoyed? She doesn't seem like a bad girl to me, although I haven't seen her face or met her to begin with. Besides, her frame looks...familiar.

"I missed you," the girl said looking up at Anthony. He was a bit taller compared to her but they looked kinda cute together even while just standing like that...

Wait a second!

That voice....

The girl seemed to have noticed Anthony's lack of focus as she followed his vision of sight and turned around, whipping her blonde hair to look at me.

Both mine and her eyes widened together as we looked at each other. The familiarity washing over us all too soon.

"Carla?" I whispered while she remained shell-shocked.

_______________

What do you feel about the chapter? Just let me know.

The next chapter will hopefully be updated on Monday, let's hope I finish writing it earlier.
*fingers crossed* ;)

By the way, you'll must have known from Danny and Ari's first kiss, how Daniel acts when he's jealous right? What if he's driven by a lot of jealousy now that Anthony is somehow interested in Ari?;>

Hehe, let's get straight to the point, there's gonna be a few spicy scenes between Daniel and Ari in the upcoming chapters. So, keep an eye on it;)

Goodbye for now◇
   Have a nice day^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 953 32
Book 6 -: Royal Monsters Series ─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─ Born as a Mafia Princess, raised by a hard-hearted brother , I've never seen happiness for real...
1.2M 33.5K 37
A N A M A Z O N B E S T S E L L E R ORIGINALLY 27.2M READS ON WATTPAD! SAMPLE OF DRAFT MANUSCRIPT - 70%. OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED: 20th November...
391K 10.6K 64
"Do you think you could love him?" She asks me, hopeful. "If he was made for me don't you think he would be better to me, treat me like an equal? Don...
25.3M 422K 46
Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a tiny heart with fear. Running and hiding...