Entangled

By _SoloBird_

Entangled Book #1 -Wattpad featured story- Ariana Jones is a sweet, innocent, and smart girl who has been bat... More

Author's Note
Cast...
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13. Part-I
Chapter-13. Part-II
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter-21
Chapter-23
Chapter- 24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter- 22

225K 8.1K 2.2K
By _SoloBird_

Xavier Knight

They would always do this to me. Daniel and Sean always forced me to attend these boring parties and they would skip them.

The same thing happened today as well. They were to attend the party with me but no, they both had some 'important meeting' to attend which I was not aware of.

I was in no mood to attend that party as I wasn't feeling well, I was feeling a bit tired but I had to attend the party, that too alone. It was not an informal party, it was a kind of business gathering where business associates meet to discuss business.

I wanted my P.A beside me at the party but I couldn't bring her with me because she wasn't in the state to attend one.

And I was in no mood to drive so I asked Finn to drive me there. After reaching the venue, I mingled with some business associates and discussed business.

Every single person who was present at the party respected me as I was the most powerful man amongst them. They all wanted to do business with me that's why they would sweet talk to me. But they also knew I did business on my own terms. I make my own decisions in business and never let anyone underestimate me. I never let anyone cross my way in business. People know their limits, they fear my power; my authority.

I have earned it; this respect, superiority, dominance, leadership, and authority. I have earned it all with my hard work. I never misused my power, I always tried my best to guide the budding businessmen so that they can do well in the business.

I felt a little bored with all of the business talks as nothing new was being discussed among the businessmen. I needed fresh air, so, I excused myself and walked out of the party, and went to the garden present at the back of the hall.

I felt a little calm when the cool breeze hit my face, I inhaled deeply...

"Didn't find it worth your standard to bring your wife here to this classy party?" A mocking female voice interrupted my little alone time. Way to ruin my mood even more.

If she is here that means Andrew Smith is also here.

I closed my eyes and Ariana's bruised face flashed in front of my eyes. My body instantly filled with rage. I clenched my hands into a fist and turned around to face the one who dared to interrupt me and again reminded me of what her father did to Ariana. I turned around to face Scarlet Smith, Ariana's stepsister.

"Well, who am I kidding? I know that she's not worth anyone's standard." She mocked, flashing an evil smirk as she approached me.

I clenched my fists tighter to calm my rage. I wanted to strangle her neck, but I do not hit women and didn't want to touch her with my hands. I didn't want to make my hands dirty.

"Why does your face look so gloomy? You should be happy that you have got a permanent one to satisfy your needs whether she is of your standards or not ... Or.. isn't she good enough in bed?" She said mockingly.

I clenched my jaw; she was testing my patience.

She took a step towards me.
"You know, instead of her, you should have married me. At least then you wouldn't have to worry about your standards and most importantly... I would have satisfied you. But you know, you still can come to me anytime. I'll give you what she can't give you." She said seductively and tried to touch my arm but I stepped back and glared at her.

How much low she could go? Didn't she have any self-respect? She was asking her sister's husband to sleep with her? That was so disgusting.

I saw her gritting her teeth before she spoke.
"You always say no to me. I have tried many times but you always ignore me. What am I lacking? Huh? Every man at this party is after me but you.... you are just ignoring me. Why can't you just give me one chance?  At least I am much better than low life, charity case wife of yours who—"

"Enough!" I barked. I had heard enough. I was trying to control myself not to say anything but she crossed her limits.

I didn't want to but I clutched her arm tightly making her wince.

"Don't you even dare compare yourself with her...Because she is not low life, you are. The fact that you are asking your sister's husband to spend a night with you shows how low life you are. It's even disgusting to think." I spat.

"And my needs are none of your concern. I very well know-how, when and with whom to satisfy them." I stated.

"And the most important thing.. don't ever again dare to speak rubbish about her. Because she is not a Smith anymore... basically she never was. You may have said and done many things to her before, but now you have lost all the rights to insult because now MY NAME is attached to hers. She is ARIANA XAVIER KNIGHT now. And no one .... I mean no one insults Knights because people don't want to come in bad terms with me as they know the consequences of it."

I pushed her back with a force that she stumbled on her steps. How dare she speak rubbish about Ariana?

I may not consider her my wife yet but it doesn't mean I can't ignore the fact that she has my family's name now. And no one in this world has the right to bad talk about Knights.

"Last but not the least, tell you loving daddy that if he dares lay hands on her again, he'll live without hands for rest his life." I spat angrily.

I turned and started walking to my car, leaving her standing there, open-mouthed and dumbfounded. Now I have to sanitize my hands for touching her.

I was walking when a voice again interrupted me.

"Xavier, son." Only he was left to ruin my day. Well, it's good he showed himself; it was time to set him straight. And how dare he call me son?

I turned and faced Andrew Smith. But before I could speak he took a step towards me and spoke.

"I hope that daughter of mine is not giving any trouble to you. And if she is, don't hesitate to tell me, I know how to set her straight. After all, I don't want to lose my business because of her wrong-doings." He laughed in the end...he fucking laughed. He made me angrier than I was before. He saw her just as a business deal. Fucking bastard.

I took a step forward, squared my shoulders, and glared at him, my body was shaking with anger.

"First of all, I am not your fucking son, so don't you dare call me that. It's Mr. Knight for you." His smile died at that instant.

"And you can never become her father, so you better don't call her your daughter."

"How can you say that?" His face portrayed shock.

"I am not finished yet, don't fucking speak in between." I spat angrily.

"Tell me, did you forget that she is my wife?" I asked angrily.

"No, why would I?" I could sense fear in his voice.

"Then how dare you lay your filthy hands on her dammit!!" I shouted.

"How dare you slap her? By slapping her you insulted me. And you very well know that I don't spare anyone who dares to insult me or my family. You are lucky I wasn't there to witness what you did to her. Consider this your last mistake because if you even think of repeating it, I will not hesitate to bring you down beneath my feet." I seethed at him. He flinched at my tone. He should... He should know his place, where he stands because he is nothing in front of me.

Without giving him a chance to speak, I walked away from there because if I had waited there for even a second more, I would have punched him.

I sat in my car and asked Finn to drive back to the penthouse. I wanted to sleep, I was tired of all the shit that happened today. Many things were going on in my head.

I didn't know why I took her side; spoke for her. I was confused, I was in a very complicated situation, my feelings were inconsistent for her. I didn't like her or feel anything for her but still, a voice inside me said otherwise. I just couldn't stand someone insulting her.

I closed my eyes to think clearly but didn't get any result. And then I heard the sound of rain. I immediately asked Finn to pull over the car on the side. I remove my suit jacket, my necktie and placed them on the seat, opened the door of the car, and stepped outside in the rain.

"Mr. Knight, it's raining. Please take the umbrella." Finn offered me an umbrella but I pushed it away softly.

"No Finn, you get back in the car. I need to think clearly and standing in the rain is the best way to do that."

"But Mr. Knight, the temperature is getting down. You will get sick, you will catch cold." Finn said with concern in his voice.

"Finn... if rain helps me in clearing my head, and if the raindrops bring me out of my dilemma then catching a cold and getting sick will be worth it. Now you go back in the car." I ordered him.

But he didn't get back in the car, instead, he stood there, under the umbrella.

I stepped a little forward, craned my neck upwards, and closed my eyes making the cool and tiny rain droplets directly hit my face.

I remembered the words of my mom. My mom says whenever you are in a dilemma and can't think straight and if it's raining, stand in the rain. Feel every single droplet that falls on you. When tiny, cool, and pure water droplets hit your head, it helps you to think clearly. Think until you feel you can't think anymore. And the moment you feel you don't have anything left to think, you feel peaceful standing in the rain, you feel calm, you feel just rain, nothing else. That is the moment you have cleared all your dilemmas, your mind is in the right place. And do what you decided while standing in the rain because that is the best decision you will ever make.

And that is what I was gonna do.

I didn't know till when I stood in rain with my eyes closed, but my mind was clear. I now knew what to do.

"Thank you, mom," I mumbled.

All wet in rain, I sat back in the car and asked Finn to drive straight to the penthouse.

__________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.5K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...
10.1K 1K 40
Since Aubrey James could crawl, she has wanted to decide things for herself. So when an archaic law allows her parents to choose who she will marry...
469K 14.3K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...
2.3M 132K 53
Entangled Book #2 Life is short; it should be full of fun. These are the words of Daniel Adams. Daniel Adams is playful, joyous, and is full of life...