Love Like You

By UselessMoon

*Safe Space Sequel* "Is that what you want? To destroy this family?" Does Enji really have the gall to ask s... More

If I Could
Begin to Be
Half of What You Think of Me
I Could Do About Anything
I Could Even Learn How To
I Always Thought
I Might Be Bad
Now I'm Sure That It's True
Cause I Think You're So Good
And I'm Nothing Like You
Look At You Go
I Just Adore You
A/N
A/N Pt. 2
I Wish That I Knew
What Makes You Think
I'm So Special
If I Could
Begin To Do
Something That
Does Right By You
I Could Do About Anything
I Could Even Learn
How To Love
When I See
The Way You Act
Wondering When
I'm Coming Back
I Could Do About Anything
I Could Even
Fin
Learn How to Love
Like You
Love Me Like You
When I See the Way You Look

Love Like You

3.7K 125 166
By UselessMoon

"No."

"Katsuki---"

"No."

Shouto sighs, more exhausted than exasperated because he understands Katsuki's sentiments very well. The entire situation was, in itself, suspicious as hell and Shouto himself was still reeling at the absolute strangeness of it all. He wants to call Enji out on his shit, tell him that he's plotting something and that he can suck the inside of a monkey's asshole  if he thinks that Shouto is gonna fall for it but he kind of wants to give him the benefit of the doubt as well.

Not to mention that he'd like to see Enji swallow his pride and apologize to Katsuki's face.

"Darling, please. Just do this for me. Please?"

The way he looks up at Katsuki has the blonde's jaw tight and his stubbornness wavers. He knows what he's doing---knows that Katsuki can't ever say no to him when he uses that stupid kicked puppy expression on him.

Eventually, he caves.

"Fucking fine, you stupid halfie fuck! I can't believe I'm letting you guilt me into this; I fucking hate your dad." He says waving his arms around in angry, frantic motions. Shouto groans.

"Yeah, well, join the club."

"What? The 'Fuck Endeavor' Fan Club?"

"Platinum membership, baby."

"Your family is a fucking disaster."

"I'd say 'pot and kettle' but compared to my family, yours is a cakewalk." He follows Katsuki into the bedroom where the blonde is angrily stripping himself, slamming the clothes down into the hamper as he stomps towards their master bathroom. Shouto grabs his arm to spin him around, catching him so much by the ankle that he looses footing and crashes into Shouto's chest.

"What the fuck, Sho?"

"Baby. Please don't be so upset. You know that I wouldn't put you in a situation that I felt would make you feel lesser. I'm not going to let them disrespect you."

Katsuki sighs, relaxing in Shouto's hold.

"Yeah, I know. It ain't me that I'm worried about."

Oh.

"Also, fuck you. I can handle myself."

Shouto smiles.

"I know, kitty."

"Good. But if he comes outta pocket, I'm blasting his stupid fuckin' top lip off."

"Duly noted, my love."

"Shut up and come shower with me."

"Whatever you wish, my darling Katsuki."

Katsuki scoffs, knowing that Shouto is just fucking with him at this point with his stupid pet names so he roughly grabs him by the dick and forces a yelp out of him. He releases him with a satisfied smirk.

"Hurry it up, we ain't got all day." 

"You keep that up and you're gonna get fucked."

"Shower sex is stupid."

"I'd like to give those marble counters a try."

"You're such a pervert, I love it."

They're going to be late to dinner.

#

Izuku isn't sure of how much more he can take, but he won't complain. Not when it seems to keep Eijirou content. He's tired, out of breath and sore from head to toe but it kind of feels good---the ache that has set into him. The bruises and hickies that he's racked up over the course of the last few days are nothing in comparison to what Eijirou has done to him within the last twenty-four hours and Izuku, although sated, fears that he may not make it to work that evening.

Patrolling would be difficult to do without the ability to walk properly. They'd probably think he was sick and send him home.

" 'm sorry, Izu. Didn't mean to get so out of hand, I---"

"Don't insult me. I'm not so weak for you that I'd let you do things to me that I couldn't handle. I didn't tap out, did I?"

His voice is absolutely wrecked and strained, albeit how confident he sounds in his own tolerance and abilities. Eijirou makes a noncommittal rumble with his chest in response, hand still massaging tender skin as a kiss is pressed between Izuku's shoulder blades. The greenette sighs at the soothing feeling.

"Some of these are gonna last for weeks."

"Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Mmm. At first, yeah. Nothing makes me feel quite like I do when I mark your pretty skin all up—makes me feel good. I wanna parade you around like this, let everyone know you're mine. But...um...they probably wouldn't believe that I was the one who did this to you."

Izuku snorts. "Why not? Because I look like I got caught in Malibu on shark week?"

"Fuck you."

"You just did, baby. Real good, if may add. I can't really feel my legs."

Eijirou curses under his breath and sits up to focus his massage on Izuku's legs.

"I didn't mean to."

"Yeah, you did. And that's okay. Not your fault you've got such a big dick."

The redhead's face slowly begins to match itself to his hair.

"You know, I still don't remember when you transitioned from such an innocent little bean to a raunchy little bottom."

"Rude. I'll have you know that it was your fault to begin with, Handsy."

"...I want to argue that but I can't."

Izuku wills his aching body to move, sitting up to tangle his fingers in Eijirou's hair.

"You don't like that I'm not innocent anymore?"

Eijirou scoffs. "Don't put words in my mouth. I'd love you either way. You being a little slutty is just a bonus."

"Oh?"

"Yeah." Izuku bites off a scream as Eijirou claps down on a particularly nasty looking bruise at the curve of his backside. It breaks off into a strangled moan as he gropes it.

"Cause you love letting me do nasty shit to you."

"You call that nasty?"

"You don't think that gagging on my dick until you're drowning in your own spit is nasty? I still can't believe you let me use my quirk on you. I think I'm really starting to like leaving my handprints on that cute little ass." He says, jiggling the round globe in his hand with no regard for the darkening skin beneath his palm.

"Yeah, well, maybe I've decided I'm into the pain. Maybe I'm into being held down and fucked and bitten and marked and---I forget where I was going with this."

Eijirou chuckles low, catching Izuku's lips in a quick kiss.

"You tellin' me you're a masochist?"

Izuku hums, eyes closed as he tilts his head up to chase Eijirou's lips as he pulls away. His eyes flutter open a moment later, a dazed look in his eyes.

"Maybe. Are you a sadist?"

"No. I don't actually like causing you pain, I just...like the feeling of marking you. It sounds possessive and crazy but---"

"But you like the idea of owning me, right?"

"Don't say it like that."

Izuku laughs. Eijirou is such a cutie sometimes—all flustered like that.

"Why? Baby, there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I like the idea of being owned, too."

His boyfriend just sits there, staring down at him with tired eyes.

"I've no idea what to do with this information."

Izuku smiles fondly.

"Why don't you talk to Sho about it? He can give you better advice than I could."

"Maybe cause Sho is almost as slow as I am?  I mean...he's really dense."

Quite true.

"But he's experienced."

"I guess."

Forest green orbs roll in their sockets.

"Fine, don't ask him. I don't care. Can we take a nap? I have work tonight and classes in the morning, I wanna at least be able to stand up straight."

"You know better than I do that you'll be more sore when you wake up if you let them settle. Just go to Recovery Girl---"

"NO!"

Izuku's sudden fussy outburst catches Eijirou by surprise and he nearly tumbles out of bed with how he jumps out of his skin. Izuku is visibly pouting and while Eijirou thinks it's possibly the cutest shit ever, he's confused as to what he's done wrong.

"I...I like the marks. I don't want for them to just disappear, okay?"

Oh.

"O-Okay. I'm sorry."

Izuku's blushing now.

"No, just...just come lay with me for a while, please? I want cuddles."

He's still pouting, even as Eijirou beams at him and eagerly climbs back into bed.

"Of course, baby, all the cuddles you want."

#

Shouto has never regretted a decision as much as he has at that very moment.

The tension in the air was suffocating, the sound of silverware clinking against China dishes echoing against the walls with how eerily quiet it was.

Fuyumi looked like she was about ready to fall right apart at the seams, stabbing at a piece of meat with a fork while Natsu took to glaring at his father from across the table. Katsuki just looks bored and Enji looks as if he might combust at any moment from anxiety.

When had his father even started to buy silverware? Growing up, everything they had was traditional.

"Well...this is awkward." Hawks says wryly, chin rested against his palm. For once, Shouto agrees with him. He heaves a suffering sigh and slams his fork down on the table, irate.

"Listen, let's just air all of this out and move on. I'm tired of dealing with this fucking dumpster fire. I know we're all emotionally constipated fucks but this shit has gone on long enough. Dad, why did you call us here tonight? Let's start there." He says, obviously fed up. Enji is a little red in the face at being put on the spot, but an encouraging hand from Hawks reaches out to lace their fingers together and he steels his nerves.

It's sweet, Shouto decided. Kind of nice, actually.

"I...I just wanted to apologize to you all personally. I know that nothing I say or do will matter to you, as I've been so horrible to you all for so long now. But it is sincere." He begins, finally looking up to lock eyes with Fuyumi.

"I want to thank you, Fuyumi—my only daughter. You have always believed that I could change and be a better man even when I didn't see it for myself. You've stuck by me even when I didn't deserve your kindness or support. I'm sorry that I broke your heart like this. I know that you wanted for your mother and I to try and work things out but...it's not what we wanted. And after everything that has happened, it would never have worked. But I want Rei to be happy, too. I hope some day you can forgive me and understand."

Fuyumi sniffles and wipes at her eyes, but she doesn't respond. Enji won't hold it against her, they know. If he's ever had a soft spot for any of them...it would be her.

He struggles to look Natsuo in the eyes—unable to withstand the burning scrutiny of his son's gaze as he tries to find his words. He won't be outdone by his insecurities.

By his failures.

"I failed you as a father. As a guide and as a pillar. I know that it feels like I tossed you aside the most---and in hindsight it is true but I never meant to hurt you. I didn't have much of a role model growing up, as my father told me that this was the way to raise men. I shouldn't have listened. I shouldn't have treated you as he treated me. But I don't ever want you to think that I don't love you, my son, and I didn't do any of this to spite you.

"You will probably scorn me for as long as you live. I cannot blame you. But for your own happiness, I hope you're able to find peace with me as I have no right to beg your forgiveness. You grew up a fine boy, regardless of my horrid parenting and I owe that to your mother."

Natsuo fidgets uncomfortably in his seat, eyes narrowed and brows pinched tightly as he seems to consider his father's apology.

Frankly, he doesn't seem to have any new opinions on the matter. 

"Whatever. I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

"If I could, I would bring him back. I know that what happened between Touya and I hurt you more than it hurt anyone else. And I know that your brother's death was just as much my fault as—"

"Well, you can't bring him back. And don't get this shit twisted; no matter how many apologies you dish out, you still don't deserve to say his name so casually. Take his name out of your mouth."

It's a quick and venomous reply that holds Enjoy fast in his silence. He doesn't get angry. He simply nods in understanding.

Natsuo misses his brother. He's mourned him every single day. It'll take some time to reach a point where they can comfortably talk about losing Touya, Enji knows. He'll just have to work harder. Be patient.

He turns to Katsuki instead.

"Katsuki." He begins. The flaxen teen eyes him suspiciously, arms folded across his chest.

"I...am very sorry for the unsavory things that I've said about you in the past. I lashed out because I was angry that Shouto wasn't following my dreams. I forced my insecurities onto Shouto and tried to live my life vicariously through him. I wanted him to get the glory that I could never achieve. I've made mistakes. Ones that I'll never be able to take back. At the very least, my boy deserves to be happy. And you...are his happiness. I'm grateful to you for helping my son see the light in a place that has only shown him darkness. Thank you.

"As for your future union, all I ask is that you continue to take care of my boy and..." he pauses, coughing into his fist, "and if possible...give me lots of grandchildren."

Shouto chokes on his water.

"Dad!"

"What? I'm getting old and these two obviously aren't going to give me any grandchildren anytime soon. I'd like some before I die of old age, preferably."

"Fucking excuse you, old man! I could pop out a kid anytime I wanted!" Natsuo sputters, taking personal offense to the comment on sex life—or lack thereof. Enji huffs at him.

"Not out of wedlock, you won't. Don't be selfish; give the child a healthy life and stable family. Besides, you haven't brought a girl home since the sixth grade."

"I---I so have a girlfriend."

"Mhm. What's her name?"

"I-I-It's none of your damn business; I don't have anything to prove to you!"

"Then why even say it?"

"Cause---cause---!" Natsuo quickly diverts the attention to Fuyumi.

"Well at least I've actually brought girls home. Fuyumi couldn't get a boyfriend to save her life."

The girl gasps indignantly and Natsuo smirks as if he's won.

Shouto bursts into laughter that makes the entire table grow silent, eyes on him as he clutches at his gut and his body shakes from the force of his laughter. By the time he's able to calm himself, they're all looking at him like he's got two heads.

"I'm just—do you hear us right now? This is the first time we've ever sounded like a normal family."

Playful banter and paternal scolding at the dinner table.

It's never happened in the Todoroki household.

He wishes his mother was there to see.

And as if Shouto's laughter is contagious, they begin to laugh as well. Fuyumi has tears in her eyes, realizing that all that she's ever wanted was finally happening.

Just not the way that she hoped it would.

Natsuo reaches over to wipe her face with a sad smile but it's gone almost just as fast, turning to face his father with that same impassive glare.

"Look. I'm not saying that it'll be easy. And I'm not saying that I'll ever actually forgive you. But I can tolerate you so long as you're making an effort." He shrugs. "I don't know what the hell's gotten into you. I mean, if you're trying to make things right because you're about to die or something then just tell us. But I'm not opposed to some character development either way."

"Oh God, this is a redemption arc." Hawks breathes out.

"What?"

"What?" He parrots, looking at Enji with a smile. Enji shakes his head.

"I guess I accept your apology, you old shit. But you've got a lot of fucking fixing to do." Katsuki finally responds and Enji nods, determination settled in his bones.

"You owe Shouto an apology, too."

Shouto intervenes with a dismissive hand. "He's done that already. I came here expecting to falcon kick his teeth in last night when he began with all of this nonsense. Still kind of feels like I'm swimming in the Twilight Zone but I'm not going to jump a gift shark in the nose."

Hawk's face twists in a mix of confusion and incredulousness.

"I'm almost 500% percent sure that is not how that saying goes."

"Almost?"

"English expressions are strange, I could be wrong."

"Mhm. And what says you about all of this, Bird Boy?" Natsuo counters and before Hawks knows it, all eyes are on him. He doesn't mind; he's used to having so much attention by now. He feels as though he can be honest with the Todoroki children, as he doesn't feel as though he has anything to hide.

Ah, in terms of his and Enji's relationship, that is.

"Well, I think it's nice of the big guy to actually go through with all of this after stressing over it for so long. I think everyone deserves to be happy, and I think he made the right decision. I'm not just biased on that as a lover, but I think your mom is a nice lady and that she should be free to live as she wants and find someone that she loves, too. Seeing you guys as a real family is really sweet. It's a nice feeling."

There's another pause. Natsuo takes a long sip from his glass.

"I'm not calling you mom."

Enji nearly goes into cardiac arrest and Hawks just laughs it off. 

"Of course not. That'd be weird, dude. Besides, Enji and I don't really know where we're going from here. We're still taking things a step at a time and learning how to be with each other. But—and don't tell anyone I said this or I'll end you—but if I could someday become a part of a family like this? I mean...it wouldn't suck."

Shouto gets what he's trying to say. It's a fairly sweet sentiment. Maybe he was wrong about Hawks.

"So what do we call you, then? I'm not calling you Hawks at home, it's weird."

"Call me Taka."

"That's stupid, but okay."

Hawks sputters indignantly.

"Well, blame the writers! It's not like I gave myself this name!"

"Still stupid, but whatever."

And just like that, they're fussing at one another once again. Shouto can see the tiniest hint of a curl at Enji's lips and he thinks, maybe, this is good. His father turns to he and Katsuki once more.

"So, have you thought about what agency you'd both be applying to? We'd love to have you at mine."

Shouto hasn't, but Katsuki let's him know that he'll be working at Best Jeanist's agency as they've worked together before. Instead of trying to convince Shouto to come to his, he begins to talk more in depth with Katsuki about his internship experience with the denim-clad hero.

Families are tricky things. We can't pick who they are---can't get rid of them when it's convenient or when they make us angry or sad. Our only choice is to choose how we deal and interact with them, and sometimes that in itself is the hardest choice to make. Shouto could have chosen not to come to dinner. He could've chosen to continue to scorn his father and doubt him.

But then he'd have missed out on a genuinely happy moment and he's not sure he'd have been able to live with that.

He's glad that he made the decision to stay.

"---and I think that six months after the wedding would be a good time to start on those grandchildren---"

Well, almost, anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 2.9K 33
"I don't know how I didn't see it before," Todoroki started," but it all makes sense now." "What makes sense," Dabi questioned," the fact that I know...
118K 1.8K 43
"How can you do that?" I question. "Do what?" Ren responds. "Smile like you didn't just get the shit beat out of you." The red head's smile grows as...
19.4K 1.1K 38
Out patrolling with his father, Shoto Todoroki sees someone towering over the ledge of a broad building. Believing the boy will jump, Shoto scrambles...
11.7K 356 42
Y/n Akane. A girl who lost the only family she believed she had at the mere age of 7 wanted nothing more than to follow in her mother's footsteps and...