In My Life (John Lennon fanfi...

By ADayIntheLife19

*Third/Final installment to 'Devil in Her Heart* *Book Three* It's finally the 1970's. And Lucy Daniels is l... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
OneShot/AlternateShortStory?

Chapter 13.

1.9K 62 53
By ADayIntheLife19

Eight Days Later

December 23, 1975

I yawned as we walked through the airport in New York. I held James's hand as we crossed the street, to meet up with John. We waited in a small coffee lounge. I kneeled on the ground and pulled up James's coats. It was snowing out and I made sure to have him bundled. I couldn't have him catching a cold.

"Lookin good puffball." Julian laughed. James had to turn his whole body to look at his brother.

"Stop calling me a puffball!"

They began arguing and wrestling. I settled this with a large cookie and hot chocolate. They sat contently, eating. I sighed and looked at the clock.

4:45 pm

Julian smiled when John came in and sat across from me. I had to admit, seeing him again made me feel happy. Purely, genuinly, rediculously happy.

"Hiya. Sorry I'm a little late. I 'ad to drop Yoko off at the airport."

"She's not joining us?" I asked a little confused. He shook his head.

"No. She knows you're coming to stay for a few days. She left to see a few relatives. Look um, I still think ye should stay at mine. I mean, I'm goin to need a female in the bloody building." He laughed. I smiled and shrugged.

"I suppose. I just didn't want to be a burden. Wait a minute, you drove??"

"Yeah. Why?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows and held my hand out. He made a face.

"Oh come on Lucy."

"I've been in a vehicle with you as the driver John. Many many times and I almost lost my head. So, give me."

He groaned and handed me the keys. I smiled. "Good boy. Come on. Those clouds look horribly threatening. Plus, I want to see the new baby." I smiled.

..

John showed me the guest bedroom and let me get settled. His apartment was pretty nice I had to admit. Still a musician. Guitar cases, music sheets, records...Some things never change.

Julian and James were excited to meet their new brother. I had to admit. So was I. John led us to the baby crib and picked him up. I smiled and skipped over, looking down at the little bundle of joy.

"Aaww. He's beautiful." I said quietly, not to wake him. "What's his name?"

"Sean. Ye um, want to hold him?"

"Yes." I said, taking him into my arms. I smiled and just spent a few minutes, looking him over. John watched me as I kissed Sean's forehead. "Hi little one. My name is Lucy."

"Mum you're bein a baby hog!" Julian yelled. I pressed my finger over my lips for him to keep quiet. I sat down and motioned for the boys to come over. They looked over my shoulder and smiled.

"He's so tiny." James said in awe.

"Is this all he does?? Sleep??"

I giggled and nodded. "He's only two months old Jules. He needs lots of rest and energy to build up."

I stood up and walked over to John. "He really is a cutie. I'm happy for you John."

"Thank you Lucy. Would you like some tea?"

"Yes please." I smiled. He nodded and left the room. I set Sean back into his crib, letting him sleep the day away. I followed John into the kitchen and leaned against the table.

"Im glad I'm here John. After last time I thought maybe you didn't want to see me anymore."

"Oh no. I wanted to see ye again. Believe me, I really did. But um, my girlfriend at the time...she dissaproved."

I nodded. "I understand. I'm sorry if I started amything.."

"No ye didn't. It just got me into thinkin again. For myself I mean." He laughed uneasily. I just walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too love."

..

8:25 pm

John sat on the sofa with Julian as me and James decorated the room. I giggled as he handed me a candy cane and kissed my cheek. I tapped the tip of his nose and pecked his lips.

"Mommy loves you." I said smiling. He blushed.

"I love you too mommy."

I sat down on the sofa and pulled him into my arms, nuzzling him. Julian made an ick noise. John laughed.

"Oh ye say that now. When ye were a tiny little lad...that was you." John pointed at James.

"Yeah but, I know better now."

I laughed. "That's why last night you came into my room because of a bad dream and snuggled with me all night."

"Yes but, that's different." Julian said turning away. I giggled and stood up, to get some more tea. John followed.

I put the tea bag in my cup and poured the hot water inside. I couldn't help smiling and blushing as he stared at me.

"Yes Lennon?" I asked.

"Seein you with James just...I dunno it reminded me of the old days when I'd see you and Julian together. When we were a family. The days by the pool, the days we'd just spend in bed, the painting and messin about in the studio. You were always a hands on mum. Kisses and hugs and being free with yourself. Ye still are."

I stirred my tea and added sugar. "We still are a family John. Things are just different now. I miss those days just as much but, they ran their course. Now, it's time to make new memories." I smiled. He nodded and still watched me. I could see the hurt and..something else in his eyes. I had to push it away. The feelings I had. The feelings he had.

"It's getting a little late. The flight here was rowdy and I got no sleep. I'm just going to shower, and lay down."

He nodded. "Alright then. I'll be out here if ye need anything."

I nodded. "Okay."

I handed him my cup of tea and made my way to the bathroom.

..

After my shower, I walked into my room and put on my sleep wear. I grabbed the lotion from my bag and jumped when I heard his voice.

"Heya."

"Christ John you scared me." I said in relief. He chuckled and walked in.

"I'm sorry. The boys are in bed. I promised them I'd take em to the cinema tomorrow."

I smiled. "I'm glad to be here John. Thank you."

He smiled and walked over, sitting beside me. I watched as he took the bottle from my hands and pulled my legs onto his lap. Without a word, he squeezed some lotion into his hands and began rubbing onto my legs. I bit my lip, watching his hands glide up and down. Up my thighs. Pausing just as he reached the waistband of my underwear. I could feel my heart racing as his eyes scanned my legs. My body. Soon, his eyes met mine. I swallowed and felt my stomach flutter as he slowly leaned in, his forehead pressing against mine. I could feel his hot breath on my lips as he breathed unsteadily.

Our lips barely brushed, until we heard crying from the other room. I pulled away as John let me go, standing up.

"I um, better..."

"Go check on Sean." I finished. He nodded and left the room. I gave a long sigh and composed myself. That was too close.

I need to remind myself that John isn't mine anymore. He's not for taking. He's happily married with a beautiful son. I already ruined a marriage. I don't need to add another to my list. I don't want to be like Michelle.

I stood up and walked out of the room, over to see what was wrong. John held Sean in his arms as he cried. I gave a small smile and extended my arms out.

"May I?" I asked. John handed the baby to me and watched as I cradled little Sean in my arms. He instantly stopped crying, looking up at me. I smiled and talked to him. "What's wrong baby? Hungry? I bet you are. Let's get you something okay?"

He gave me an adorable smile as I walked him out of the room. John followed and sat at the table as I made Sean a bottle. I sat down and fed him until his little heart was content. His tummy full. I giggled as he burped.

"Wow." John said watching me. I laughed.

"What Lennon? Never see me this way before?"

"No. It's different. To me atleast."

"James was a little fussy baby at first. But, I think the more you talk to him at a young age, the more they'll understand. Just by sounds and actions. Isn't that right??" I said the last part in a baby voice to Sean.

John smiled and looked down. "I should have been there for James. I should have been there for Julian."

"They turned out alright. They love you. You love them. I'm glad you're here for Sean."

"Thanks Lucy."

Sean began falling back asleep happily as I stood up.

"We better let him get some rest."

I walked back into the bedroom and put him back in his crib. I kissed him goodnight and walked out of the room, bumping into John in the process.

I was about to apologize, when he cupped my face into his hands and kissed me. I stayed still at first, but relaxed the more our lips moved together. My fingers tangling into his hair as he pressed me against the wall. I let a small moan escape my lips as he pressed himself against my body.

Then, the phone rang.

I pulled away, my mind racing from the kiss.

"John..." I breathed. "You better get that."

"Let it ring.." He said, beginning to kiss me again. I gave another kiss then pulled away.

"It could be important." I said.

"Who could be more important than you?" He asked breathlessly. I sighed and looked into his eyes.

"Your wife."

He pulled away from me and nodded. I watched as he walked down the hall, over to the phone. I heard him speak.

"Hi love. Yes everyone's settled in fine. I um, I miss you." He said, looking over at me. I just gave a small smile and went back into my room, lying down and staring at the ceiling, just thinking of what might have happened if she didn't call.

......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 1.5K 42
In the Spring of 1963, Cynthia Lennon gives birth to a beautiful baby boy. However, things don't go to plan, as complications during the delivery go...
447 63 24
Born in 1953, Beverly Madden, grows up in the era of rock and roll. She frequents concerts and journals about her experiences. She is only too aware...
23.9K 885 21
In 1984, Paul is questioning his marriage with Kathleen whom he has been married for just less than a year. He plans to leave her soon but all his pl...
15.2K 304 20
This story is set in Friar Park, 1977. A story in which a 17 year old girl in the foster care system finds herself in the custody of famous guitaris...