My Mate, The Dragon

By Swloxie

Look at that amazing cover art by @sweettner Please check her out below! https://my.w.tt/qyi9NG3Lb5 - Sheila... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE (1)
SEQUEL(?)
EPULOGUE (2)

Chapter Thirty-Two

60.1K 2.2K 205
By Swloxie

October 28, 2019

Sheila

    He walked to the door, slightly cracking it. Then all of a sudden it swings open, sending Zaivinth flying backwards. I couldn't contain my giggle, though it stopped dead in my throat.

    "You stupid girl!" Weni howled as she stormed into the room. "I've never met someone who knows as little details on what they are than you." She hovered over the bed, looking down at me with her hands on her hips.

    I smiled weakly, though I reached up and pulled her into a hug. "I missed you," I sighed into her hair. She wrapped her arms around me.

    "I missed you too."

    "Wait." She pulled back, "I'm still mad at you." She narrowed her eyes again, though I just laughed. I say up leaning against the bed frame.

    "So doctor Weni, what's wrong with me." I waved a hand, gesturing to my body.

    "Oh only that you went outside during a blood moon." She rolled her eyes, sarcasm dripping from every word. "And the one of the only weaknesses to the Shadow Wolf race."

    "Weaknesses?"

    Her eyes became serious and hard as she met my stares. "You should have died, Sheila."

    "What?" I gasped, I knew I wasn't doing to well when I coughed up blood. I don't think anyone would consider that a good sign, though I didn't think it meant death. "How did I survive then?"

    She looked at me before drawing her eyes away to look at Flores who was quietly conversing with my mate. She pointed a finger at him from over her shoulder. "The wizard saved you. Probably one of only person on the planet that could." The men stopped their conversation and looked at us, Flores gave a little wave. While Vince shoved his hands into his pant pockets  and leaned up against the wall.

    She turned to look back at me, she sighed, "I don't know how you managed to be so lucky." She gripped the bridge of her nose.

    Flores stepped forward, a hand stroking his long beard. "What I want to know," he glanced at Zaivinth who was threatening him hard with his eyes. "If you are willing to tell me," he took a uneasy glance back at Vince.

    Vince just nodded in approval. I guess he didn't like Flores tone.

    "How have you survived till now. The blood moon happens twice a year. Yet you seem oblivious to it."

    I scratched my head, "I normally didn't look at the moon, I was usually asleep before the moon came up." I used to garden from sun up till sun down. I would be so tired from that, that I just fell asleep.

    "Lucky." Weni groaned, "just luckily."

     "I'm starting to think the same." Flores chuckled, which earned him a right hook to the arm from Vince.

    "Thank you for saving my life, Flores." His eyes flicked up to mine while in the midst of scolding Zaivinth for hitting him. Zaivinth was just rolling his eyes at the old man.

    He smiled, "it was your life," he nudged Zaivinth, "or mine. So I decided to save us both." We chuckled at that.

    "Well, I think it's time for you guys to leave." Zaivinth opened the door.

    Weni looked at him and nodded before looking back at me, "get better soon." She smiled softly before leaving.

    "Alright, I'll see you when you get better, Shei."

    Before he could leave the room, Zaivinth kicked him in the rear. "It's Sheila to you, old man." Then he closer the door on his face.

    He sighed, leaning against the door, "they are all just too much."

    I smiled, both of them were our own mentors, and they were checking in on  us. It was touching.

    It felt like family.

    "No!" I slammed the door behind me as I walked into his office. I had been healed for a week now, and Zaivinth took this time to anger me to another level.

    This argument started in the hallway and we had since brought it into his personal office. Or once his personally office, I had taken it over for the last few weeks when he was recovering.

    He kicked the chair out of the way and leaned against the desk. He braced his hands of the surface of the black painted table. The whites of his knuckles showed me how frustrated he is.

    "I have to go." He growled out, and it made me want to dig my heels in more. I put my feet shoulder length apart and crossed my arms over my chest.

    "You can't." I shook my head. "The kingdom needs you here, the troops need you here, I need you here." I pointed to the ground.

    He wanted to run off and play general all the way to the front lines. Maeve territory, hundreds of miles away from our territory.

     "They need me there." According to Selven it seems that Zaivinth was some sort of war-general hero. I could believe it, though that doesn't mean he should go.

    "That leaves our kingdom weak." The king was also the head of the military, where he went, our troops would follow. Though if ordered to stay, troop are like turkeys without their heads. Uncoordinated.

     "They have you now."

     "They need you," I walked up to him and shoved my finger into his chest. "They don't trust me yet. I'm a shadow wolf, a monster, they will not trust me for a long time."

    "You are not a monster," he narrowed his eyes at me.

    "In your eyes sure, I'm not a monster." I shrugged, rolling my eyes sarcastically. Then I pointed towards the door, "in their eyes I'm a monster. Now, the Elven territory are our neighbors it would be much more effective to send our orders from there. You are not far from home and you can still relay messages."

     "No. I'm going. That's final."

    I raised my fists out of anger. "Fine. Go. See if I care." I flailed my arms storming towards the door. I was so mad. He wasn't taking any of my suggestions, let alone compromising.

    I opened the door and was out of it in a instant. "Sheila wait—"

    "Piss off." I slammed the door behind me.

    I shifted into my wolf form and ran down the hallway. He was surly about to come follow me and I had to get a good lead out in front of me.

    I wasn't thinking with my head. My anger has gotten the best of me, I was seeing red. This was worst than our first fight. Just the utter disrespect. I let out a howl in anger of just the thought.

    Before I knew it I was outside the castle and running down the mountain side. I knew these forests well, I ran them every day before and after the moon accident.

    I started to slow down, the more I think about it, the more I realize I was just practically let go from the bed rest that I was forced too. I probably shouldn't be going as hard as I was.

    I started listening to the sounds around me. The lighting dark filled with fireflies and firedogs, the sounds, crickets, my surroundings.

    I look around. There was a house, small, probably two room sizes, it had a porch that led down to a dock on the lake below. Willow trees surrounded the lake, hanging off one was a swing. On the water the moon glistened.

    That's when it hit me.

    Where am I?

ms-H3dLbk.gif

Where is she?

Who's in the right?

Should she get officially dubbed queen?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 118K 86
Mates are found before you turn 22 - that's the rule. If you don't, you are branded. Being branded as an Unfortunate isn't easy, and you can't come...
124K 3.3K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
4.7K 301 38
Eva and future beta Cameron are happily in the bliss of engagement, discussing their future. However their wedding plans soon come crashing around Ev...
1.8M 42.5K 46
Zaria and her sister Vanessa have been close since Zaria was first born. Vanessa is a golden child even after their parents die and she is left to ta...