Ineffable | Ninjago x Reader

By nishfuyu

ɪɴᴇꜰꜰᴀʙʟᴇ: ᴛᴏᴏ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴏʀ ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴇxᴘʀᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪʙᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ. Being the twin sister of Jay walker is... More

Rise of the snakes
Home
Snakebit
Never trust a snake
Can of worms
The snake king
Tick tock
Once bitten, twice shy
The Royal Blacksmiths
The green ninja
All of nothing
Rise of the great devourer
Day of the great devourer
Darkness shall rise
Pirates vs. ninja
Double trouble
Ninjaball run
Child's play
Wrong place, wrong time
The stone army
The day Ninjago stood still
The last voyage
Island of darkness
The last hope
Return of the overlord
Rise of the spinjitzu master
The surge
The art of the silent fist
Blackout
The curse of the golden master
Enter the digiverse
Codename: Arcturus
The void
The titanium ninja
The invitation
Only one can remain
Versus
Ninja roll
Spy for a spy
Spellbound
The forgotten element
The day of the dragon
The greatest fear of all
The corridor of elders
Winds of change
Ghost Story
Stiix and Stones
Peek-a-boo
Kingdom Come
The Crooked Path
Grave Danger
Curseworld, part I
Curseworld, Part II
Fangirl Plague
Infamous
Public Enemy Number One
Enkrypted
Misfortune Rising
On a Wish and a Prayer
My dinner with Nadakhan
Wishmasters
Operation Land Ho!
The Way Back
Day of The Departed
The Hands of Time
The Hatching
A Time of Traitors
Scavengers
A Line in the Sand
The Attack
Secrets Discovered
Pause and Effect
Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea
Lost in Time
The Mask of Deception
The Jade Princess
The Oni and the Dragon
Snake Jaguar
Dead Man's Squall
The Quiet One
Game of Masks
Dread on Arrival
True Potential
Big Trouble, Little Ninjago
Firstbourne
Iron & Stone
Radio Free Ninjago
How to Build a Dragon

The Temple on Haunted Hill

3.2K 81 140
By nishfuyu

Season 5, episode 4.

Words: 2,4K (It's short af sorry.)

"Welcome to Yang's Haunted Temple, the historical landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost martial art of Airjitzu. Unfortunately, we can't take our tour groups inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside its walls at sunrise, will be turned into a Ghost permanently. But, if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the Ghost of Sensei Yang himself looking for his lost pupils." Patty Keys was telling the group she was touring around.

 "I hope it's not a rumor, for it's our only hope!" Zane yelled.

"Ah, sorry about my loud friend." Cole apologised.

"He's a little hard of hearing." Y/n added, smiling innocently.

"Known for his un-" Patty clears her throat "-usual teaching methods."

"I thought you said you fixed him?" Kai whisper-shouted at Jay.

"At least he's no longer talking backwards. I guess my tinkering got his volume level stuck, hehe." Jay chuckled nervously.

"At least you can understand me now!" Zane shouted again.

"Dating back, ahem, to the Edo Period..." Patty got annoyed by the five.

"Well, from now on, only speak if you have something really important to say." Cole told the nindroid.

"Who put you in charge?" Kai asked Cole.

"He himself did." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"After you guys mucked it up, it's my turn to be in charge. And, like me, I like my plans simple. We sneak in, learn Airjitzu from the Ghost of Sensei Yang, then get out before sunup." Cole told them.

"Since Morro already knows Airjitzu, we just have to hope he hasn't figured out the next clue." Kai said, not knowing Y/n had read the scroll as well.

"Well, the sun is setting, which means we should head back to the bus. Wouldn't want anyone to turn into a Ghost." Patty motioned to everyone to get into the bus, they all chuckled at her statement. The ninja stayed at the temple, waiting for the night to kick in.

At night, the ninja sneak towards the temple. Cole and Jay try to remove one of the planks that cover the windows. Kai, Y/n and Zane just walk through the door.

The two boys run after them, the door automatically closing and locking when they're inside.

Jay opened at door, revealing a library.

The ninja look around, as Cole sees a spider-like thing in front of him. "Argh!"

Kai shooed the spider away, "Relax. If this place is truly haunted, we just need to wait until he shows himself."

"Uh, he should've been here by now." Cole muttered. "You heard the tour guide, if we're not out by sunup, we'll be Ghosts."

"You didn't buy into that malarky, did you?" Kai asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, I don't wanna be a Ghost. Who wants to be a Ghost? Why didn't anyone warn us this place would get so creepy after dark?" Cole repeated, panicking.

"Do you want to go in when it's light and turn into a ghost immediately? Didn't think so." Y/n sighed.

"Uh, remind me again why we agreed to put the guy afraid of Ghosts in charge?" Jay asked, glancing at the black ninja.

"Exactly!" Kai exclaimed.

Zane picked a book out of the shelf, showing it to Jay. "Listen to this!"

"Argh! Allow me." The blue ninja takes the book from Zane, "Ahem. Whoa. It says here though many believed Sensei Yang's unusually strict teachings drove his pupils away, others admit to never seeing any of them leave the temple grounds, suggesting a more sinister plot. Hah! How awesome is that?"

"Not awesome. Not even a little." Cole threw his hands in the air.

"Don't believe everything you read." Kai scolded.

"Yang was hard on his pupils for a reason, for in his words 'As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student.'" Jay continued reading it aloud.

"Hmm. I wonder what he means by that." Y/n muttered, as a grandfather clock starts groaning.

"It's him. He's in the clock!" Cole exclaimed, scared.

"You're the leader. Check it out." Jay taunted.

Cole opened the door and the falcon flew out. "Aah!"  The falcon flew to the nindroid's arm, as Cole was screaming. Zane plays the groaning sound on the Falcon and the three boys laugh at the earth ninja. "A prank? Really?" Cole asked, annoyed.

"Heh, we were just trying to help you relax." Kai said, chuckling.

"Yeah, heh. You should have heard yourself scream!" Jay exclaimed, and Zane plays a recording of Cole screaming and everyone laughs again, but stop when they hear a thudding sound and gasp.

"Ah. Another prank? Real funny. Didn't anyone teach you to quit while you're ahead?" Cole opens a door and leaves.

"Uh, was that you?" Kai asked, turning to Jay.

"Not me."

"Me either!"

They then looked at Y/n, who shook her head.

"Cole, wait!" They all yell, running after the earth ninja.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Very scary." Cole approaches a door with its handles moving. "As if I believe in Ghosts."

"I swear, Cole."

"Let's go back!"

"We didn't do that!"

"It wasn't us!"

"Okay, I have to admit, this is pretty good. How'd you get the handles to move all by itself? Is Nya behind there? Y/n using her powers?" 

"Don't open that door!"

Cole opens it anyway, but nothing happens.

"Well, that was anticlimactic." Kai said, walking inside. "Sensei Yang's dojo. This is where he must've trained his pupils."

"Or got rid of them." Jay said, scared.

"Knock it off, guys. If that wasn't you behind the rattling door, who was it?" Cole asked, unamused.

"The Ghost of Sensei Yang!" The others exclaim.

"As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens students." Yang spoke, scaring the ninja even more.

"It's the Ghost of Sensei Yang!" They all shout.

"Uh, guys, what does he mean by "sharpen?" Jay asked, as he sees the swords on the wall start moving.

"Let's not hang around to find out!" Cole yelled, motioning to the swords.

"Let's get out of here!" Kai shouted, running through the door and breaking it. 

"Does this mean he doesn't want to teach us Airjitzu?" Jay asked, still running.

"Forget Airjitzu, where's the window?" Kai replied, looking for one.

"This way!" Y/n shouted, seeing one. They tried to open it, but it's locked.

"Gah, we're caged in like animals!" Jay shouted, as Yang laughs.

"Argh! Let's try the front door!" Cole exclaimed, but got stopped.

"But that's downstairs, and in case you haven't paid any attention, there's flying weapons trying to slice and dice us!" Kai shouted, as Zane points at Jay, well, behind Jay.

"There's a dumbwaiter!" 

"Hey, watch who you're calling—oh, a dumbwaiter! That can take us down." 

The Ninja go in the dumbwaiter, but it didn't really fit. "You said there'd be enough room for all four of us in here." Jay groaned.

"My calculations are always correct!" Zane shouted back.

"Ow, my ear. Well, turn on a light or something, because I can't see a thing." Cole complained, and Zane illuminates the dumbwaiter, but they see Yang.

"As iron sharpens iron..." The Ninja quickly run away, screaming. "As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student!"

They open the front door, but almost falls down the abyss. Which wasn't there before.

"What is it? What's down there? Oh, wait, don't tell me! I don't want to know!" Jay screamed as he hung hung onto Y/n, who hung onto Kai, who hung onto Zane, who hung onto Cole, who held the temple.

"We appear to be trapped within some kind of inter-dimensional ethereal realm!" Zane replied, making Jay even more scared.

"Oh, I told you not to tell me, Zane! Knowing that just makes things worse!"

Jay, Kai and Y/n get pulled back inside by Cole and Zane.

"Ah. All right, so there's no way out of the Haunted Temple, but at least all the commotion's died down." Jay sighed in relief.

"Yeah, we just gotta get through the night together. Show Yang we're not scared. Huh?" Kai turns to look at a portrait of Yang, but didn't see him moving. The clock rings. loudly, making them all scream.

Cole took deep breaths, "It's just a clock. We're not afraid of time, but we are afraid of not getting outta here in time. Oh my gosh, why did we spend the night in a haunted temple?" He yelled the last part.

"Everyone, get ahold of yourselves! Even if my volume wasn't stuck, I'd still be yelling at this decibel!" The nindroid shouted.

"Zane's right. What are we doing? We need to toughen up. We're Ninja! We already missed out on the Airjitzu the first time, we can't let this opportunity pass."

"Uh, guys?" Y/n walks up to a picture of a ship in the sea. "Are paintings supposed to move?" Jay tapped the picture, and the room slowly starts to flood.

"Why did you touch the scary picture, Jay?" Cole shouted at the blue ninja.

"I didn't know it would do that, Cole!" Jay yelled back, as the water was now already up their knees.

Kai tries to open the doors. "Unh! It's locked! Ugh!"

"As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student!" Yang's voice was heard again.

"Oh, great, back for round two." Jay sighed.

Kai started hyperventilating. "Water. I'm afraid of...water. We're all gonna drown!" He tugs on the door harder.

Jay grabbed onto a plank. "It's all in your head, Kai. He's trying to scare us out so we don't get Airjitzu."

"I don't know, tastes pretty real to me." Cole shrugged, as Kai ducked underwater to tug on the door.

"Where's Kai!?" Y/n asked, scared.

The fire ninja finally opened the doors and they flow out of the room. "Well, that wasn't refreshing." Kai coughed.

"First the haunting, then water. What's next?" Cole asked, standing up.

"That's it. He is testing us. Don't you see, Cole's afraid of Ghosts, and Kai's afraid of water" Jay realised.

"As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student. He's making us face our fears." Y/n added, smiling.

"Which means whatever he throws at us next, we have to face together. And this time, no running away."

"Or swimming away." Jay added.

"Fine, but time's running out and if we don't figure out a way of staying in this together, none of us are gonna get out alive." Kai said, hanging his head.

Cole tied the knot around his waist tighter, "All right, no matter what happens, no one can run away. We're in this together." He said, as they are all tied together with a rope.

"Haha! Ain't no thang but a Sensei Yang. Let's find him and get that Airjitzu." Jay exclaimed.

"Just so we're not surprised, Zane, Y/n, Jay, what sort of things are you afraid of?" Kai asked as they started walking forwards.

"Ah! I think I know what I'm afraid of!" Zane stated, as they turn around and see Morro. "It's Morro!" Everyone, except Y/n, scream.

"Of all the times to have to fight him again." Cole groaned.

"Ugh, and he already knows Airjitzu. We don't stand a chance!" Jay added.

"Wait a minute. If we're all afraid of Morro, this must be the next test. And how are we supposed to save Lloyd if we don't even have the courage to face him?" Kai shrugged.

"I'm not afraid of Morro." Y/n stated, making the boys look at her confused. "Ya'll know why." She rolled her eyes.

"Kai's right. Let's get him!" Cole yelled, and they run after him, but were slowed down by the rope. "We weren't fast enough." 

"There he is!" Kai pointed at the end of coridor, where Morro stood.

"All right. Let's step together. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three." They ran in sync until Kai stopped at a set of stairs, making the others bump into him.

"He went up to the attic." Kai said, scared.

"Uhu, attics. Definitely near the top of the list of things I'm afraid of." Jay muttered, as they go up and see Morro. "He's just standing there. What do we do?"

"I don't know. But go face him, Jay." Kai pushed the blue ninja forwards.

"Ugh, you face him!"

"We'll all face him." Y/n said, rolling her eyes.

As she approached him, with the boys behind her, Morro disappears. The Ninja jump back and they see Yang.

"As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student. You have passed the test." He said.

"Huh? Then you'll teach how to do Airjitzu?" Kai asked, and Yang shows them a scroll.

"Only those who see things through will reap the benefit of the reward." He gives Cole the Scroll.

"That's not the only thing we see through. Why is it I can see through my hand!?" Jay screamed, looking at his hands.

Yang laughs and shows his chained students, "Now you will join my students."

"Uhh, no thanks." Y/n muttered.

"He's not just their mentor, he's their captor." Cole furrowed his eyebrows.

"The new dawn's upon us. Get out of here before the clock's last chime, if you can." Yang taunted, making the ninja scream and run towards the ladder they used to get there.

They fall on top of each other, but have no time to complain, well, Zane does.

"Why did we tie ourselves together!?" He yelled.

"There's no time to complain, we just have to move. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three." They reach the door and run towards it. The scroll got knocked out of Cole's hand by a pole.

"Uh-oh! Aah! The Scroll"! He unties himself, and the others got out in time.

"Ah. My hand. I can see my hand! We made it!" Kai exclaimed.

Y/n holds up Cole's end of the rope. "But where's Cole?" She asked, her voice shaky.

"Don't worry, I got the Scroll!" Cole ran out the temple, holding the scroll. Everyone gasped, "Why are you all looking at me like that?" He asked, concerned.

"You didn't make it out in time." Jay muttered.

"Yeah, Cole, you're a...a..." Kai stuttered.

"I'm a...Ghost..." Cole sighed and fell to his knees.

Yang laughs, as Y/n walks up to the earth ninja. She embraces him while he's sitting on his knees. Just like he said, sometimes it is enough when someone is there for you. 

I'm emotional.

Vote for who you want Y/n to end up with:

Cole: Comment here;

Kai: Comment here;

Morro: Comment here;

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 74 6
This is no longer active. Please enjoy if you do read. The only things that will be posted are works that I have finished but have no purpose for any...
684 38 28
"That's it?" Kai asked. Zane started thinking. "Well today, every time I looked at her I forgot I was a nindroid. She makes me feel normal and I lik...
21K 646 37
You first meet the ninja because of a tragic event. You don't think you'll ever meet again, and you don't care. You shut yourself out of the world an...
2.2K 36 15
Y/N, a 16 year old girl, adopted by master wu after her mother was killed by her evil step father. She is a helper to the ninja and is the master of...