Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
xxxvii (2)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

xiv

3.3K 171 141
By nojambrostan

Nayeon's POV

After we had our dinner with unnie, we went home directly since we still have class the next day. Unnie dropped us off in our school and then she went home also. About Jeongyeon's sudden comment during dinner, I didn't bother digging up the meaning of it. However, I still got curious about what she meant.

"Yeah, I know." Those words kept on repeating in my head.

Jeongyeon and I walked back to our dormitory silently. I don't want to engage a conversation after what she said. However, the silence broke when she finally talked.

"So what will you do tomorrow?" She asked.

I just shrugged with my response, "You?" I asked back.

"Same."

Then the conversation was done.

- - -

Jeongyeon and I became casual friends. We greet each other whenever we see each other in the hallways. It was like everything changed after that night we had our dinner unnie.

It didn't bother me for days but it became more just a month. And it got me worried why she was having her distance from me. I wanted to ask her about it but I scared that she might ignore me or I might embarrass myself.

But one night came, she suddenly texted me about meeting her outside the dormitory where she was waiting. It was almost midnight and I decided to see her. Maybe it was urgent.

I went out with my sweats and saw her sitting on one bench. I silently walk towards her and sat beside her.

"Hey, what's up?" I greeted her.

"Hey," her smile was weak and may be forced.

"So, what's this about? It's late." I was in my casual tone.

Jeongyeon looked away and looked up in the sky, "Do you still remember when we had our sleepover in our yard. We used your tent and had our sleeping bags inside."

Of course, that night. It was one of the memorable nights I had in my entire life. We were still in high school at that time. Jeongyeon wanted to have a sleepover but something different. So we both decided to put up a tent outside their house.

"Yeah, I can still remember. What about it?" I asked back.

"I don't know. I just remember that night when we did stargazing too while we were cuddling." The last words surprised me. Like I literally gasped internally when she mentioned about us cuddling. I can feel my cheek heated a little bit.

The reason why that night will always be memorable because it was the night we both felt like we had our own world and we were free from everything.

"Nayeon," this time she faced me. I can see her face worried for I don't know why. "I'm sorry if I took my distance from you. I know you weren't stupid realizing that I was withdrawing myself," she said.

I had no words to respond back. So I let her continue and tried to prepare myself with her sudden speech.

"There are things that made me think and the only way to stop this is to keep myself away from you first," her chosen of words confused me bit by bit.

"I," she continued. "I think there are moments when I thought that maybe this was just a phase or I'm just delusional," she smiled nervously on her own.

Still, I was confused and not knowing what to say, I still let her speak even though don't know where this is going.

"Nayeon," she touched my hand and caressed it. "I don't know why I'm having this feeling right now. It feels wrong but I can't help it." I saw her eyes begging for something.

"Jeongyeon, I'm so confused right now. So please, tell me. What do you mean?" I asked her directly.

"I like you, Nayeon."

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I opened my eyes quickly as I heard my alarm clock goes on. Fuck, it was just a dream. I got up from the bed and I can feel my heartbeat rushing. It felt like I ran a mile nonstop.

I checked the time it was already 6 AM and my class starts in two hours. I laid back in bed feeling shitty because of that dream. I thought it was real. It felt so real!

But none of it was true. Especially, Jeongyeon's confession to me. I stared blankly at the ceiling feeling broken because of the scenery that never happened in real life.

I heard a click from the bathroom, Dahyun then came out, "Good morning, unnie." She greeted.

I didn't move or even flinch. My eyes were still glued at the ceiling feeling empty inside.

"Unnie? You okay?" Dahyun spoke again.

"I'm good," I lied. I moved my body on my other side to avoid Dahyun seeing me like this.

"Are you sure?" I heard her steps coming closer to my bed. Then I felt her palm on my forehead. "You seemed sick."

"I'm okay, Dahyun. It's just a little headache." I lied.

"You need medicine? I have one in my med kit." I can feel Dahyun's concern already.

"It's okay, no need. I'll just sleep this off and maybe skip my class this morning." Or maybe I could continue the dream and witness Jeongyeon's confession again. I sighed with the thought.

"Okay, unnie. Call me if you need anything." Dahyun continued her morning routine and left the room after.

I buried myself in bed trying to absorb and remember my dream last night before it fades. I decided to skip my morning class and drown myself in grief because of a stupid dream. Or a nightmare.

I haven't spoken to Jeongyeon since that night though. I mean I never got the chance to see her in the hallways or anywhere. She seemed disappearing in my sight lately.

It was a Friday morning, yet I felt like my week haven't been great. From Monday until yesterday, I was alone the whole time. I went to class alone, I ate my lunch alone and went back to my room alone. Momo and Sana had been busy lately because of their dance practices.

I snatched my phone at my bedside and scroll through my social media accounts. However, none of the current posts or whatnots excite me. I heaved myself forcefully to get up and went to the bathroom.

I was entirely wasting my time in the morning. My lazy ass self got me troubled but it didn't bother me anymore. I hated it when I feel like I'm defeated with my own self. I should be going to class or do something productive.

"But it's just for today," I was already fighting myself in my head.

After I took a quick shower, I wore my pajamas again and went to bed. I was literally lazying myself during the day.

As I closed my eyes to sleep again, I heard a knock. "Nayeon?" That voice will always be familiar to me.

I waited for another knock. "Nayeon, you there?" Jeongyeon called my name again.

I forced myself to get up again and not caring about what I look like in front of her. Nonetheless, I still try to gather myself a little bit not making a single noticeable thing about me today. I meant 'being-all-broken-because-of-that-stupid-dream-I-had-with-her.'

I held the knob tightly and it took me seconds to turn it. As I opened the door widely, she was standing still with her plain face as if nothing excites her.

"Hey," I spoke up with my sheepish voice.

"You didn't get to class this morning?" She instantly asked while standing and had no plans in coming into my room.

I shook my head while looking at her as if I'm not interested in things as well. I don't know why but there was a heavy tension between us.

"Why?" I heard her asked again.

"I just don't feel like it." I partly lied.

"Aish," she cursed silently. "Anyway, change now. We're going home. Unnie wants to see us again."

"Why?" This time, I asked the question.

"I don't know. Go," she ordered.

I went inside my room and so as she. I didn't longer mind her as I chose my clothes to wear. It took me 5 minutes to grab something from my closet.

After a pretty longer minute than expected of changing my clothes, we both went out. I left Dahyun a note telling her about me going home to our house probably for the whole weekend.

Jeongyeon and I had small talks as we walked out to the university. We just casually asked about our classes and other activities related to our studies.

When we finally reached the bus station, she suddenly uttered, "Did you still remember when we had our sleepover in a tent outside our house before?"

Holy fuck, why is she asking me now?

"Y-yeah, w-why?" I can feel my voice shaking already.

"I want to do that again tonight," she beamed like a kid and then the bus came. Her mood suddenly changed from the moment she appeared in front of my room. I saw her went inside the bus but I was left frozen with my feet.

"Yah!" She called out for me but still, I can't feel my legs because of that sudden request she wanted. Then I felt a grip on my wrist as she pulled me to get on the bus already.

I looked down on my hand and saw her holding it while guiding me to the seats.

Supposedly, I was going to post this earlier this day. However, there was an earthquake happened in our city. I was in the middle of finishing this chapter but it cut off when I felt the ground shaking. Like literally. Hahahaha. But no worries, I'm safe now and still breathing 😂

Anyways, please don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you and love lotsss! :*
- 단팥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 1.2K 67
10 years of service in the special forces and countless escapades to the west didn't prepare Jeongyeon for what came next. She never anticipated meet...
201K 5.1K 43
Son Chaeyoung, Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo and Chou Tzuyu as guys and Im Nayeon, Minatozaki Sana, Myoui Mina, Kim Dahyun and Park Jihyo as girls. Mina...
17.4K 591 22
Im Nayeon has been in love with her childhood friend, Yoo Jeongyeon since they were kids, and she just recently become her girlfriend. What if one da...
55.7K 1.7K 16
Tzuyu is a guy here! Including Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. And everybody is the same age. Tzuyu with his dashing looks, never fail to melt teen...