Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{8}

4.7K 168 46
By Pandalion23

"So, you're working here!?" Izuku asked, his eyes are wide as saucers as you and him face the large hospital building of the city. His mouth gaping wide open, before turning to you for further confirmation.

You placed a thoughtful finger on your chin, your head tilted upwards. "Well, I'm really an intern under Recovery Girl, she's a hero medic. I'm hoping to further my quirk as both a medical and Pro hero, I'd love to introduce you sometime! She even works at U.A., I could put in a good word for you, ya know," you gave him a smile as you turned your head to him, tossing your hair over your shoulder.

You giggled once you saw Izuku's watery eyes and throwing his hands up, clasped together in praise, "Really?! Would you? That'd be amazing!" A giant smile came across his face, lighting it up incredibly, a blush coming to your face as he leaped forwards before throwing his hands around your waist. "I'm so blessed! You're an angel!"

Izuku seemed to realize what he was doing as he pulled away, his face red hot, his eyes closed in embarrassment. "GOMEN!" He was hardly used to being so close to any nowadays, he hasn't had many close friends since you had gone. He recalled always hugging you spontaneously, you always accepted gratefully, even laying your head down on his chest when you both fell asleep in the park those....7 times. He didn't know if you'd still accept them as you once did, his spontaneous affection, not like before, you had both changed, he didn't want to scare you off. He'd hate himself forever if he ever did that, he'd never forgive himself.

His eyes open, his shoulders drooped low from his thoughts, looking up from his feet to look at you. Finding you just a few inches away, a soft smile across your lips, your hair framing your beautiful face, his face burned at the sudden warmth running through him. "What're you apologizing for?" You teased him, knowing that even when you were kids that Izuku was always apologizing for something, even when he was never at fault. Always compromised for people when he didn't need too. He stiffened as your hands reached forwards, slipping under his arm's and pulling him in, your cheek resting against his shoulder. "You know I've always liked being near you, Zuku-kun..." you said, your voice flowing through his ears like silk, he relaxed instantly, and produced a relieved smile before returning your embrace.

Not many people said that to him. Especially when knowing he was quirkless. That usually deemed him unwanted and he quickly became subject to refusal from most groups and friendships, but you never left him even when he expected you too. Even when everyone told you that you should. You just...you lifted him up even in his darkest days, just by being there, hearing your voice.

You wouldn't have been able to imagine his relief when he heard your voice over that phone all those years ago when you had moved. You could've cut all ties, stayed away from him completely, but you called him, every week, asking about him, wondering if he was ok, letting him laugh and cry with you. He would never be able to repay you for the love that you've shown him all these years.

"Ne.... (y/n)-chan," he started.

He heard you. "Hm?" That hum vibrated soothingly through his shoulder.

"I wanted to tell you....I wanted to tell you that I'm gonna become a hero," he took a breath, almost waiting for the laughter that would follow before scolding himself. You weren't like that. You were never like that. He felt his spirits lift as you let out a soft hum, a pleased sound escaping you. "I'm gonna go to U.A. and become a great hero. I'll fight beside you. I'll be a hero, (y/n), because you told me a long time ago that I could be." There was a push of silence before you took in a breath, your eye's wide and your arm's holding him even tighter.

"You're gonna be an amazing hero, Zuku," you breathed proudly, nuzzling your head into the crook of his neck. "I can't wait to be there beside you."

Izuku closed his eyes, letting those words overshadow every other word of doubt that he's ever heard, your words were the only ones that mattered. "Thank you, (y/n)..." he held you tighter, his cheek pressed against your forehead, his head turning slightly, his lips brushing against your temple.

"(Y/n) Yagi."

You both jumped before pulling apart, turning towards the voice. A nurse was entering the building, her white, lab coat already on, she had her work bag strapped to her shoulder, she immediately recognized you however. It was the same women from the accident this morning, "Ah! I know you!" She gaped out, her feet moving to appear in front of you, although she seemed to not have moved at all. Her quirk seemed to allow her to teleport small distances, convenient for a hospital nurse.

Your eye's narrowed before they widened and you smiled in glee,  "You're that woman from before! How are you? You aren't hurt, are you?" Your smile faded, your eye's scanning the woman, immediately the feeling of guilt at not moving fast enough shuddered through you.

The woman gave a bewildered look. "Nonsense! I'm healthy as can be, thanks to you! You saved me and my husband's life!" She took your hands, sputtering out her praise, you produced a close eyed smile, sweat dropping nervously.

Izuku's eye's widened. "(Y/n), saved your life?"

The woman's gaze drifts to Izuku. "Oh yes, swooped me and my husband right out of the way of that cell tower, I'd probably be checked into the hospital instead of working here if it weren't for her."

Izuku looks back at you in awe, his memory drifting back to the previous events. He remembers a white streak, almost like wisps of pure white smoke rushing past him, he had seen two people just under the falling tower, a hero swooping in. He hadn't seen your face at the time, he didn't know it was you. But, your sudden movement took his attention away for the villain, his eyes going wide at the split second that the hero had been given to save them, not a second was wasted. "W-wow..." he whispered, he was in the presence of a hero. Although you were already his.

"It's nothing, I'm just glad you're ok." You squeezed the woman's hands thankfully. So modest.

"Come! Come! Recovery girl is waiting, your shift is in five minutes. Recovery girl doesn't sit well with tardiness," the woman warns, before pulling on your hands. "I'll take you to her. Just follow me," she urges, her arm wrapping around yours, you were alittle shaken by the woman's forward behavior, but you knew she was still startled by the whole life flashing ordeal.

Izuku shifted awkwardly behind you. He should head to school, he still had about half an hour till class, but he didn't want to hold you up. "Y-yea. I'm sorry, I'll be right there," you answered, pulling away from the woman briefly. "I'll meet you inside." She nodded, accepting and waved at Izuku, who raised a hand in acknowledgement.

"You must be so proud of your girlfriend, young man! Have a nice day!"

You both froze, before turning towards the woman and waving your hands around awkwardly, "Huh!? W-wait were not--eh?" And she's gone, disappearing between the automatic hospital doors.

You both remained beet red, stiff as rocks until you turned on your heel, facing Izuku although you couldn't look him in the eye's. "Sorry about her. I'll, uh, I'll see you after school, yeah?" You smiled nervously, glancing up at him, your fingers playing with your hair over your shoulder. "Wanted to check up on Katsuki too, you guys still go to the same school, right?"

That seemed to shake him out of his thoughts, swallowing harshly before nodding shakily. "Uh, er, yeah. Yeah, he and I--" he wondered if you knew how bad things had gotten between him and Kacchan. How much the explosive boy actually despised him, for reasons he still wasn't sure of, beside seeing quirkless because he was unsure now if that was really all it was. "Yeah, we do. You'll be there?" He asked, hopefully.

You nodded, smiling. "I'll be there."

Flipping the paper over, you look through the medical records of your patient, glancing upwards you smile at the young boy watching another episode of his favorite cartoon. You looked back at the records at the edge of his hospital bed, "So, Miho," you started, your voice uplifting and bright, catching the boys attention. "I heard that your favorite hero was...Endeavor," you paused for the effect as you walked over, a soft smile on your face as you out down the clipboard.

The boy grinned widely, nodding vigorously. "Yep! He's awesome! I can't wait till I develop my quirk to be as strong as him!" He thrusts his left fist into the air, his eyes brightening at the mention of his hero.

Your eye's softened at the boy, recalling his records, he had been transferred to the hospital after an accident on the highway, his leg was fractured in the backseat of his parents car after a villain had hit against the door trying to escape the authorities. His parents and him would've been hurt further if it weren't for Endeavor who had swooped in and technically obliterated the villain, although he's still alive. The boy hasn't stopped talking about him since.

You glanced down at him as you fixed hisn I.V. replacing it with a fresh saline, his shoulders had sagged down. "But, all I've got is a stupid magnet quirk," he extended his hand, as an example, his brows furrow in together in concentration, sweat blooming on his forehead. You glanced over, the clipboard hanging on the foot of the bed slowly lifted, dragging itself onto the white sheets before settling. "It's not as cool as Endeavor's." He pouted.

You frowned sadly, pulling away from your task, leaning down to look at him, "Well, I think you'll be a great hero. You've already got the smile for one, yeah," you nudged his chin up with the side of your knuckle and he beamed brightly, his hands coming up. "And who says magnetism isn't a cool quirk? Ey? Endeavor could so use a sidekick like you, maybe even a partner." You suggested with a wink before straightening as he processed, hooking on the IV and pulling your stethoscope from your neck to press the rubber to your ears.

The boy gasped in disbelief. "You think I could work next to Endeavor, nee-chan?!"

At the name, you froze up before your eyes flicker up to the boy in front of you, he looked confused for a moment before he seemed to realize what he said, covering his mouth quickly. However, he surprised to only feel the cool metal of the stethoscope pressed into his collarbone and a soft, close eyed smile on your face, "I think you can work with anybody you want with the proper training, little brother," you winked as you straightened up, the beating of his heart now rising.

"Really?! Even All Might?" He wondered, his eyes bright in excitement of his future.

You smiled, your thoughts drifting to your father before you nodded."Even All Might." You picked up the clipboard once again after placing the stethoscope back onto your neck and writing his vitals down on the sheet.

He then gasped, drawing your attention. "Can I fight beside you when you become a pro-hero?" He continued, as your eye's went wide before softening. "You've got a cool quirk! You healed my leg, yesterday, I can almost walk all the way down the hallway now!" He shoved the blanket to the side, his toes wiggling as he beamed happily. His right leg was still swollen but the stitches he once had had fallen and he now could move, the accident had fractured his leg entirely. You were able to heal the gash across his calve and restore the tissues and damaged nerves but his bone was still cracked. You couldn't help but still feel useless as he wouldn't be able to walk properly for a few months at most.

You giggled thoughtfully before raising a brow at him, "I'd love that, Miho," you moved strands of his hair from his face as he beamed, cradling the side of his face, your thumb brushing over a healed over scar on his jaw. "You'll do great things."

"Thanks, nee-chan," his eyes were growing watery, but he kept the biggest smile on his face. He only needed someone to believe in him.

Then, the door opened, you straightened up, knowing that it was the doctor in for his transfusion. "Alright, Miho, your vitals are looking good. I want you to lay off your feet, ok?" You winked at the boy, who beamed before waving as you began to turn to leave the room. "See you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah!" He bounced on his bed, happily at the reminder.

You turned to look at the doctor as he opened the door wider for you to step out, you couldn't see the way Miho's smile faded as you left. You nodded towards the stern looking doctor, "Afternoon." You greeted.

"Afternoon, Missy," he nodded before you slipped past him, walking into the hallway. "Now, Miho, how are y--" his voice is cut off by the shut of the door behind you.

Walking down the hallway, you nod in greeting to a few doctors passing by, before you find yourself next to the wall of windows that overlook the afternoon sun of the city. Your steps slowed to a stop, your eye's reflecting the rays of light across the buildings and skyscrapers across across the city. You actually missed the city life, you had found yourself mostly in the suburbs or more in the woods. Your quirk worked much better around nature so it was more convenient to practice in less populated areas, less distractions.

Then you realized it was getting late, school was almost over by now, and you've already extended your daily schedule, you were supposed supposed to clock out an hour ago.

You found yourself inside the elevator to the top floor, exiting you walked over to the closed doorway that you knew Recovery Girl was. You entered the room with a soft smile as you saw the small, old woman sitting on an elevated chair at her computer. "Obaachan," you sang sweetly as you closed the door behind you, shrugging off your lab coat. You could see from here she was working on an algorithm, it seemed to be for a pain medication.

Recovery Girl turns in her chair with the help of her cane, a wrinkled grin comes to her face. "Ah, (y/n), you're still here?" She asked as you walked over to her.

You shrugged, your hands lifting before slapping down on your thighs, "Can't keep me away," you said before leaning down over he counter next to her, peering into the kaleidoscope. "Any progress?"

"It takes patience, my dear," she says before turning back to her computer, typing in a few notes. "It'll take a few more days, as well."

You glanced up from the magnifier with a raised brow before sighing, "Do you think I'll be able to give it to him before he finds his successor?" You closed your eye's for a moment before you looked up at Recovery Girl. She had turned towards you once again, her brows furrowed in question. "He'll need it most then." Your voice was lower.

Recovery girl extended her hand, letting it lay on your forearm and squeezed it gently, "You worry too much, Yagi," or eye's flickered to hers. "Have you...do you believe that you've found One for All's successor?" She asked you.

You were silent for a moment before nodding, a small smile blooming on your face. "I-i think so. His name is Izuku. He's quirkless, like Dad was," you looked up from your fidgeting fingers. "He's always wanted to be a hero. He's never given up on that dream, even now. I've never seen anyone with as strong of a drive. He'd be a great hero. I believe that," you nodded your head as you looked at Recovery Girl, a hand over your beating heart. "I think Izuku can take on One for All, if Dad doesn't choose me."

Recovery girl hummed thoughtfully. "Izuku Midoriya, hm?" She paused for a moment before looking back at you. "I hope this isn't because of your feelings, (y/n)," your eye's went wide at that and you shook your head quickly.

"No! No, of course not!" You objected. "I know he can be a hero. He just needs the training, he's been studying heroes for as long as I've known him, even longer than that! He can weild this power and make it his own, I believe in Izuku!" You didn't realize your eye's had begun to water, until you felt it running down your face. You turned away from Recovery girl who's eye's softened instantly.

"(Y/n)..." she began.

"I just--" you started, before taking a deep breath. "I just want to finish the medication. His limit is shortening with each day. He's down to only 3 hours now," you gritted your teeth, your head tilting slightly to look at Recovery girl who looked surprised. "This," your hand took the paper that held the algorithm for the quirk medication you were creating for your father. "This can prolong the time he can keep his form together. Help the pain in some way, I just--I just don't want to see him in pain anymore. I can't do it--I don't..." you covered your eye's and took a long shaky breath, before you felt the nudge of recovery girls cane on your leg, urging you to turn.

"You take on too much, (y/n)," she begins, eliciting your attention in confusion. "This isn't your responsibility, nor is it your job to protect him. But, you do. And you hide the pain it gives you," you look at her wide eyed as she leans forwards, her hand on your cheek. "It's the making of hero. But, it will do nothing but harm you," you closed your eye's at her words before pulling away, straightening before opening your cloudy eyes.

"I can live with it..." you breathed.

Recovery Girl sighs softly, her expression saddened but she smiles faintly. "Come back tomorrow. We'll keep working, then."

You nodded, wiping your eye's with your fingertips as you turned to take your bag from the other chair where you had been working earlier. "I'll see you then, Obaachan," you smiled softly at the woman, walking over to plant a peck on her forehead.

She smiles before nudging you with her cane. "Go on now, you'll be late for your date!"

You gasped, your face going red. "Baa-chan!"

You left the building, your face red hot, avoiding the nurses that would ask if you were sick, finding the front entrance you walked out with a sigh. Walking down the path to the road, you glanced over to see an maulana parked and unloading, "Huh?" You began walking over as they hauled out someone from the stretcher. "Is everything ok? I can help--," you suggested healing the young man but one of the ER's shook his head.

"Don't worry, we've got this. You should head home, there's a sludge villain around these streets. Got this guy good, broken ankle," he said, nodding his head towards the man they were rolling into the hospital.

"A sludge villain?"

"Yeah, haven't heard?"

You shook your head. "No. Are one of the heroes looking for him?" You were sure they were but if not, you've had your fair share of hero work under Gran Torino's teaching.

The ER member shrugged. "Last I heard he was being tracked. Not sure who it was."

You nodded. "Ok, thanks for the warning."

He nodded before beginning to go into the ambulance car with his partner, you stepped away and began walking back to the main road. A frown on your face you wondered who was looking for the villain, you wouldn't be surprised if it was Dad, he was downtown, probably forgot to get groceries again. You chuckled softly at the thought before continuing on your way to Altera Middle school, you didn't want to miss your friends after they left school.

You began jogging, before your quirk activated accidentally and sent you sprinting through the nearly empty streets, anyone who caught a glimpse would probably only see the white streak you'd leave behind. You hoped you were going the right way, you sweat dropped.

After a few minutes, and stopping for directions, you sighed in relief as you found yourself in front of the middle school, climbing he steps before rushing inside, students were clearing out. You just made it in time for the last bell, you hoped they hadn't left yet or you could catch them in the crowd.

You squeezed passed a few people, blushing under some intense gazes, "Sorry," you apologized as you brushed a disheveled lock from your face as you caught a few boy's eyes, who paused at the sight of you.

You tried to recall the number that Izuku had given you of his last classroom number, you walked down the hall, glancing up at at the door numbers trying to find one that sounded familiar. Until you heard a familiar voice, it was Izuku's, you ran towards the second door you were closest too.

"How cruel!" There was a small explosion that came before, you recognized that sound. Before Izuku cried out in alarm, your eye's going wide, about to rush in.

"I'll be the only one taking the UA exam, Deku, so don't even think about taking that entrance exam. Or I'll obliterate you," you knew that was Katsuki, you've heard his voice over the phone for years, but you've hardly ever heard it sound so cruel. Your smile faded instantly at his words, your eye's narrowing in pain.

Footsteps began to make their way to the door, your hands balling up, "Like U.A. would take take a quirkless loser, like you!" A boy said, probably one of Katsuki's friends.

"How pathetic!"

Your hands sparked with energy, your eye's glowing harshly, you were pushing the door open when Katsuki stopped, inches from the doorway. He spoke and your heart dropped to the floor, "I've got an idea, if you wanna have a quirk so bad! Just jump off the side of the building, maybe you'll get a quirk in your next life!" He chuckled horribly afterwards.

You covered your mouth, how could he say that? You gritted your teeth before you pushed the door open, your head low but your fist high as you found the familiar ash blonde hair of your long time friend. How could he be so cruel? So heartless?! "Eh? Hu--ergh!" Your fist flew straight into his cheek, he flew back into the classroom, passing his friends and colliding with the wooden desks with a grunt.

Sliding through the rows of desks and chairs his back hit the teachers podium with a crack, his eyes were shut from the blister of pain that shot through him before he threw his hands up and open his eyes enraged. "Who the fuck wants to start a--huh?" He rose to his feet, his hands falling from their tense position as his eye's found his attacker.

There you stood, glowering at him angrily, your eye's teary with disbelief and sadness that made him want to take back everything he said. He recognized your pink, blonde hair, your white orbs that glowed sharp with cloudy energy, the wisps of power that curved through your fingers. You were beautiful, even when giving him a look that could kill. It was you...when had you come back? When did you get here? "(Y-y/n)..." he spoke in disbelief, his brows furrowed as he straightened, his eyes confused and frustrated. Why hadn't he known you were here?

You tensed as he said your name, before glancing back at his friends who were alittle fearful of the way you had attacked their friend with no question. "Get out." You ordered, your voice low and menacing, your eye's promising a threat that you didn't speak.

Katsuki's friends scurried out after giving a quick glance glance to Katsuki. "We'll wait outside!"

It was silent in the room before you began walking over to Izuku, holding onto the strap of your bag, you smiled slightly, although forced. "Sorry I'm late." You said lowly.

Izuku shook his head. "N-no, (y/n)--" he was interrupted.

"So, it is you."

You didn't turn as you heard Katsuki's voice on the otherside of the room, "Don't ignore me!" He shouted, although his voice wasn't angry, just...pained and frustrated.

You closed your eye's before opening them to turn to a fuming Katsuki, who began walking up to you, more like stomping. "Bakugo." You said his last name, it made him pause, you've never said his last name before, well...you did once and after that you hardly talked to him for a week. It was torture.

"(Y/n), it's ok," Izuku placed a hand on your arm, trying to calm you, although you were deathly calm, it was a little scary. He wasn't sure if his touch was to calm you or himself. "Don't be mad at Kacchan."

Katsuki's glared moved to Izuku. "You knew?" He pointed at at the green haired boy angrily. "You knew she was here and you didn't tell me!" He began stalking towards him, his hands lighting up with explosions.

You stopped him, moving closer. "You have no right to be angry with him!" You fumed, your hands balled up into fists. Then, you grew saddened your anger turning to disbelief. "How could you say that to him? To anyone!?" You asked him infuriated at his choice of words. He looked away from you, gritting his teeth, balling up his own fists. "Do you have any idea how cruel and unforgivable and--god, what's the matter with you?!" Your eye's teared up.

Katsuki tensed up, his shoulders dropping soon after the silence, before reaching out to you instinctively, but held back. "You're always standing up for that Deku...you've always stood up for him, you even came to him first!" He began to shake, knowing that Deku had kept you being back in town from him the entire day. "Where the hell have you been, huh? You don't have any right to ask me that when you've been gone all this time! And even after all this time, you're still defending that nerd!"

You're eye's widened, brows raising in disbelief as Deku shrunk back, looking away. "You know why I left, Bakugo! You know better than anyone! I won't stand here and act like you're always right and never at wrong!" You shook your head, "This gives you know right to act like this! To act superior all the time, you're gonna be knocked off that high horse of yours Bakugo and know exactly how it feels to be in he other end of that stick. You have no idea how much your words mean to people..." you took a breath that caught Katsuki's attention, his eyes finding yours before you looked away. "I missed you, Katsuki, just as much. Of course, i'd visit. That's why I'm here now, I wanted to see you. Catch up. But, I don't miss this side of you at all." You turned away from him.

It was silent once again.

Katsuki looked down, his shoulders tensing up again and him is fists balling up. If it weren't for that Deku...if it weren't for him he wouldn't have said those things, made you turn away from him, now you were upset with him. He realized early in his life that his emotions almost always got the better of him, especially when personal, of course, he'd never admit it, but he'd say things he wouldn't mean. Do things he normally wouldn't do.

He'd wish after this moment he hadn't opened his mouth. Maybe even apologized.

"You think too highly of yourself, wench," he reduced to your childhood insult, but you didn't turn, but your tensed up. "I never said I missed you, at all," he wanted wanted to scream at himself to shut up as you turned to him, your eye's showed the hurt you felt, that made him pause for a second. "Why would I? Now get out my way, stupid wench," he seethed, his hands stuffing themselves into his pockets as they began reaching out to you.

"K-kacchan..." Izuku gaped in horror at his words. "Don't say that!"

Katsuki gritted his teeth before shoving past you. "Shut up, Deku!" His voice cracked under his emotions and he only moved faster.

He trudged towards the doorway, slamming it on on the way out, before his legs went weak, he leaned against the wall for support and covered his face. He wanted to hit himself, go back in there and say he was sorry, but he knew he'd never do that, he couldn't, his pride wouldn't let him. So, that's why he kept walking, his feet dragging against then ground, his head hung low and a deep frown on the his face. He wished he could tell you he didn't mean it, not in the slightly.

You and Izuku stood inside the classroom, you were silent for a second before you turned to Izuku, your fingers wiping away the stray tears quickly. "We should get going,"

Izuku didn't move and you raised a brow. "You know he didn't mean it, right? Kacchan just...he's never really known how to say sorry."

You breathed a small laugh. "Yeah..." you nodded, but that didn't stop the pain in your chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 972 18
"𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪'𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩." ╰┈ ➤ katsuki bakugo x fem!reader ☆彡 ╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⋆.ೃ࿔* ˗ˏˋ 𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐁�...
1.1M 49.4K 55
Todoroki, Bakugou, and Midoriya are now pro heroes. They have finally reached their dream. Despite their drastically different personalities, the thr...
31.2K 703 27
"𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙟𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙮! 𝙋𝙤𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝" [L/N] [Y/N] tries to be subtle about her growing feelings for her classmate. OR you ru...
51.8K 857 34
Various ships and x readers - x readers will be gender neutral unless otherwise mentioned! -probably a lot of x readers, they're easier for me to wri...