Kurai Akuma | KNY • M!Reader

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Having lost his memory at a young age, (Y/N) Kamado lived a carefree life with his family. However, when trag... More

BS | Shadow Breathing
BS | Dance of Ashes
1st Sword | Into the Shadows
2nd Sword | Demon Eater
3rd Sword | Return to Light
4th Sword | Demon Slayer
5th Sword | Mayhem in Town
6th Sword | Fealty for Tyranny
7th Sword | Devil's House
8th Sword | Calm Into the Storm
9th Sword | Mountain Brawl
10th Sword | Against the Rules
11th Sword | Shadow Pillar
12th Sword | Falling Ashes
13th Sword | Butterflies
14th Sword | Trainer from Hell
15th Sword | Desire
16th Sword | Our Bonds
17th Sword | Resonating Hearts
18th Sword | Reverie
19th Sword | The Unending Dream
21st Sword | Shadow, Flames and Disorder
22nd Sword | A New Daybreak

20th Sword | The Dreamer Awakens

2K 89 35
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

The Infinity Train

The rhythmic stomping of the train wheels outside brought an air of tranquility to the Infinity Train, a single boy taking a seat upon a chair, a yawn leaving his lips.

"So, nice weather we're having." (Y/N) leaned back against his chair nonchalantly, his haori calmly swaying in the slight breeze.

...

"What? Why the cold shoulder?" (Y/N) frowned childishly as he stared at his companion across from him.

A young couple was currently resting against each other, their eyes closed due to Enmu's spell.

"Pft, fine. Be like that then." (Y/N) pouted, casually sticking his head out the side of the chair.

"Cuz trust me, I've got time to wait." (Y/N) smirked haughtily, the scene around him one of pure hell. Sleeping humans and nasty flesh surrounded the train car on all sides, though strangely, all the flesh dissipated before it could ever touch the humans...

Suddenly, a tentacle of flesh sprouted up two train cars away, (Y/N) sighing as he turned towards his companions, a bored look on his face.

"Welp, duty calls. By the way, you're drooling. Might wanna stop that for a bit, lest you get it on the lady." (Y/N) pointed out, jabbing his finger at the two as they snored soundly.

Sighing at being ignored, (Y/N) merely grasped his swords as he stood up.

"Couples." (Y/N) shrugged at the lovebirds.

"Now, then..." (Y/N) turned to look at the distant train car, his lips curving upwards into a smirk.

"Let's play." (Y/N) suddenly disappeared, taking a single step as a black flash instantly zoomed across the train cars, appearing just above the tentacle as (Y/N)'s jet black katana pulsed with a strange power.

"Shadow Breathing - First Form: Crescent Moon Slash!"

Without so much as a trace, the jet black katana left a midnight arc as it slashed effortlessly through the tentacle of flesh, (Y/N) merely grinning as his icy blue katana shimmered with ashes, several other tentacles spiking up around him from all directions - stabbing at him with intent to kill.

"Dance of Ashes - First Step: Scorching Halo!"

A beautiful mirage of flames instantly severed all the tentacles around him, (Y/N) landing on the ground as ash fell around him, disappearing the moment his feet touched the ground.

Without hesitation, his blades turned into blurs as (Y/N) unleashed a storm of slashes around himself, cutting various fleshy tentacles into ribbons on his way, though suddenly, a tentacle spiked up from the ground, (Y/N) backflipping away from the area. However, the disgusting appendage followed after him, a disgruntling noise emitting from the strange appendage as (Y/N) let go of the jet black katana, letting it stab into the train car as he jumped back.

The tentacle-like flesh approached with a fervor, though (Y/N) merely smiled as he landed on his feet, the appendage shooting over the jet black katana.

Slash!

With a mere wave of his hand, suddenly, the jet black katana seemed to come alive, slashing through the appendage as (Y/N) merely stepped out of the way, casually swinging his icy blue Nichirin blade and cutting the loose appendage into ribbons.

"Now...let's cool it, hm?" (Y/N) grinned to himself, though contrary to his words, the atmosphere only began to burn, (Y/N) swirling on the spot for a second, before he disappeared in a burst of flames, hundreds of tentacles suddenly catching fire as black flames rendered them to ashes.

"Dance of Ashes - Fifth Step: Purgatory Cross." (Y/N) casually smiled as he crossed the distance of five train cars in an instant, leaving behind five precise slashes and rending apart the various tentacle threats.

Suddenly, before he could relax, another tentacle sprouted up from the ground, rushing towards his head as (Y/N) stared at it, before his hand turned into a blur.

Before it had even noticed it, the tentacle was cut into half as (Y/N) merely twirled his blade, and suddenly, the tentacle itself was chopped into smaller bits, (Y/N) opening his mouth as one of the bits fell onto his lips, dying his pearly white teeth a crimson hue.

"Now, then...I think you and I should get better acquainted, oh mighty Lower Moon One." (Y/N) grinned savagely, biting down onto the flesh as a chuckle left his lips, before power began to flood his systems, (Y/N)'s chuckles turning into full out laughter.

"I'll start." (Y/N)'s gaze glinted with a dark omen, his shadow itself seeming to flicker as he disappeared, racing across his train cars while slashing wildly, yet precisely. Under his watch, not a single human was hurt. None even had blood drop onto them.

And furthermore - with every bite, he felt his strength grow greater and greater.

To (Y/N), defending the people and devouring Enmu was simply killing two birds with one stone!

And furthermore, with Enmu constantly sending attacks after him, he could eat his fill and regain both his demonic energy and absorb the powers of a Lower Moon One ranked demon!

Suddenly, radiant flames blazed as a flame-lit haori stumbled onto the scene, Rengoku casually slashing through several other tentacles of flesh, coming to the sight of (Y/N) chomping down on some of Enmu's flesh, the two stopping side by side for a moment.

"...I'm not sharing." (Y/N) frowned, his twin swords dripping with blood as he ate another bit of the train demon.

"GROSS!" Rengoku wholeheartedly agreed with the notion, the two Pillars splitting off as their blades slashed through the various tentacles of flesh, preventing even a single human from being harmed.

"Flame Breathing - First Form: Sea of Fire!" Rengoku blazed through the train in a burst of flames, his sword charring the slashed flesh as he went.

Wherever he struck, the flesh visibly recoiled in pain, Rengoku scanning all around the place at all times. To find the demons' weak point, he'd need to stay vigilant!

Without another thought, he turned into a blaze of flames, slashing the flesh around him to ashen ribbons.

...

"RRAAAAGGGHH!" A shout followed wild slashes, Inosuke slashing through the Conductor's train car, landing roughly on the ground as he skid to a stop. The Conductor within let out a yelp, a terrified look on his face.

...Fair.

"Weird! Weird! Especially around here!!" Inosuke brandished his swords, the Conductor standing as a glare formed on his face.

"Who are you?! Get out now!!" 

"The Demon's neck...his weak spot, is here!" Inosuke ignored the Conductor fully, drawing his swords and dashing forward as flesh began to rise from the train car.

With an unsettling noise, the flesh took form into dozens of veiny arms, reaching out at Inosuke as he slid to a stop, letting out a sound of disgust before slashing wildly around him. However, although it served to cut the flesh, another wave of fleshy hands then took the place of the first, one sword grasping Inosuke's swords, though he easily slashed the hand apart. Ultimately, however, that one opening proved more than enough, a hand jutting out from the flesh and grabbing onto his mask, several more hands grasping his legs and arms, binding him.

"Crap-!" Inosuke cursed, though he heard the sound of running water.

"Water Breathing - Sixth Form: Whirlpool!" Tanjiro burst into the scene, slashing in a torrential manner around himself and Inosuke, simultaneously freeing the mountain boy from his demise.

"It's right below!" Tanjiro didn't let his guard down for a moment, glancing downward as his nose twitched. This was where the most pungent odor came from!

"Inosuke! The Demon's neck is right below us!" Tanjiro shouted at Inosuke, pointing downward.

"Don't boss me around! I'm the boss here!" Inosuke retorted back in annoyance, though he then raised his twin swords, taking a deep breath.

"Beast Breathing - Second Fang: Slice!" Inosuke slashes harshly downward with a twin vertical slash, flesh rising from below to try and halt his attempt. Keyword: try.

Inosuke's twin serrated swords slashed through the flesh effortlessly, furthermore slashing a wide opening into the floor beneath, a disgruntling sight meeting the people in the room.

"The bone...!" Tanjiro muttered, seeing a giant neck bone hidden beneath the floor. This was...Enmu's neck!

Tanjiro's burgundy orbs narrowed, a single goal rising to his head as he raised his sword.

Slash it!

"Water Breathing - Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin!" Tanjiro's Nichirin Blade was engulfed in torrential currents as he slashed downwards, an immense mass of flesh rising up around the neckbone.

"It got blocked!" Tanjiro grit his teeth, seeing the masses of flesh congregate on the opening. Within moments, the ground returned to its usual state, without a single flaw.

"He's protecting the tear! What a quick rate of regeneration!" Tanjiro slashed through the hands that shot towards him, attempting to grab onto him.

"Even so! I've got to sever that bone! But to do that, I'll need an opening!" Tanjiro's hands shifted slightly, drawing his blade all around himself and taking a step back from the slashed hands.

"Inosuke! Let's perform a combo attack and match our Breaths together! One of us will slice the flesh up, and the other will cut down the bone!" Tanjiro called out, glancing over at Inosuke before taking a step forward.

"I see! Good idea! I'll give you some praise!" Inosuke laughed boisterously, brandishing his twin swords and arriving beside Tanjiro in an instant.

"Thank you! Here we go..." Tanjiro took a deep breath, taking another step forward as flesh rocketed towards him.

"Water Breathing - Fi- eh?" Tanjiro stopped as the flesh copied his actions, forming a wall before dozens of eyeballs imprinted with Lower Moon One's number stared at him from the wall.

"A Blood Demon Art! Not good! Inosuke! It'll put us to sleep! Cut your own throat in your dreams, it'll wake you up!" Tanjiro shouted, steeling himself for what was the come as the dreamy eyeballs let out various familiar pulses.

Tanjiro's eyes rolled to the back of his head, stumbling forward.

Slash!

In an instant, Tanjiro stomped on the ground, regaining his focus as he caught himself.

"It's fine! I'll destroy the technique each time it gets to me!" Tanjiro grit his teeth, clasping his blade tightly as he prepared to slash his sword.

However, the moment he did, dozens of eyes met his once more, placing him back to sleep.

"Moron! I have to close my eyes when I wake up or else I'll just keep getting caught!" Tanjiro once more awakened, slashing towards the demon's flesh in front of him, severing it cleanly.

However, the moment he turned his face, more dreamy eyes met his gaze.

"I can't even close my eyes! Each time I wake up, I instantly see the demon's eyes! I need to wake up with my eyes closed!" Tanjiro felt a hint of desperation begin to root within him, nervous drops of sweat pouring down his face.

(Y/N) and Rengoku had entrusted this job to him!

He couldn't fail!

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Tanjiro slashed his throat open time after time, awakening each hand every time.

"Wake up!" Tanjiro placed his blade against his throat, the wind howling past him, gripping his blade tightly as he steeled himself, beginning to slash himself.

Peng!

"This isn't a dream! It's reality!" Suddenly, his sword veered off course, missing his neck as Inosuke slashed at both his sword and the surrounding eyeballs.

"Wha-?" Tanjiro stumbled on his words. Wasn't he-?!

"Don't go getting caught in any traps! Don't go dying in such a lame way!" Inosuke slashed wildly around himself, serrating the eyes to the River Styx as he ruthlessly tore through the demon.

Tanjiro merely cast him a surprised glance.

"Hahaha! I'm wearing the hide of the mountain master! I'm not afraid to make eye contact with these things whatsoever!" Inosuke howled with laughter, taking a deep breath afterward as his swords shone.

"You small fry eyeballs!" Inosuke let loose the First Fang: Pierce, rending the eyeballs around him to pieces as he cackled to himself.

"I see! The demon is having a hard time realizing where Inosuke's gaze is, so he can't land his Blood Demon Art on him!" Tanjiro couldn't help the ecstatic smile that rose to his face. However, he then spotted a dark shadow behind Inosuke, identifying the train's Conductor, holding a sharp needle in both hands. The train Conductor took a step forward, getting his teeth and stabbing at Inosuke, who was preoccupied with the various hands and eyeballs.

"Inosuke!" Tanjiro shouted in horror, dashing forward. With the amount of space in the head train car, there was no room for any techniques without hurting the Conductor, so Tanjiro did the next best thing...in his mind, at least.

"Don't get in the way of my dreams!" The Conductor shouted in desperation, his blade stabbing deep into Tanjiro, who jumped between the Conductor and Inosuke, taking the blow for the mountain boy. A hiss left his lips as the needle pierced his flesh.

However, despite the pain, Tanjiro forced himself to continue, landing a harsh chop onto the Conductor's neck, knocking him out.

"Tontaro!" Inosuke shouted in unusual worry.

"I'm fine! We have to cut the Demon's neck, or Zenitsu and the others won't last! Hurry!" Tanjiro hit his lip, pushing past the pain as he caught the Conductor, putting him down on the ground as Inosuke watched strangely.

"Beast Breathing - Fourth Fang: Slice 'n' Dice!" Inosuke unleashed a wild flurry of slashes onto the floor beneath, instantly carving another opening into the ground as the neckbone pulsed, jets of flesh attempting to cover it once more.

"Father, grant me your strength one more time! I won't fail, (Y/N)-nii!" Upon seeing the regenerating flesh, Tanjiro switched his stance from Water Breathing to Dance of the Fire God.

Raising his blade, a mighty blaze engulfed his sword as he jumped upwards, dodging a stream of flesh as flames trailed from his lips as he fell.

It was now or never!

"Dance of the Fire God - Blue Heaven!" A blaze of flames engulfed Tanjiro's Nichirin Blade as he spun in the air, slashing down with a wide arc at the exposed neck.

"GRRRAAAAASSSRRRRRHG!" A clearly pained growl erupted from the train car as it shook wildly, a horrific screech filling the air as the frontal car detatched, Enmu holding a horrified look on his face as flesh began to emerge en masse around the train car.

"This terrible scream...! And these tremors...!" Tanjiro's teeth chattered as both ground and sky shook, the training derailing as it began to spin out of control.

(Y/N) smirked to himself, drawing his twin blades as both shadows and ash rose around him, flesh shooting forward as the train car destabilized. Similarly, Rengoku held his blade tightly, flames blazing to life around him as he prepared himself for what was coming next.

"Shadow Breathing!"

"Dance of Ashes!"

"Flame Breathing!"

Explosions rocked the train car as Enmu wailed in pain and horror, his body spasming. Naturally, as his body was the train, this caused the people within to be tossed around, though the wind within howled as two flashes constantly ensured the safety of those within, Nezuko and Zenitsu stumbling as a shadow shot past them, slashing all the flesh to bits as the train rocked.

"Inosuke! Protect the passen- gah!" Tanjiro winced, dropping forward as he reached out towards the Conductor.

"I can't die! If I die, he'll become a murderer! I can't die! I don't want anyone to die!" Tanjiro reached out towards the unconscious Conductor, the train car rocking intensely as he was knocked about, eventually hitting his head on something and making him blank out.

...

It was only a short while until the chaos settled down, the flesh-covered train cars in shambles as a massive gorge now took its place in its path, Tanjiro finding himself staring up at the starry sky.

"Santarou! Are you okay?!" Suddenly, Inosuke's shout drew Tanjiro's attention, a groan leaving his lips.

"Keep it together! You saved me when I was all wrangled up, so don't you dare go dying on me!" Inosuke instantly dropped to his side, Tanjiro turning to gaze at him.

"Your tummy okay?! You got stabbed there!"

"I'm fine, how about..."

"I'm fine! I'm not catching any colds!"

"Looks like I can't move right now, so go...save the others..." Tanjiro took a weak breath, a faint feeling overtaking his senses.

"The Conductor was nearby...go save...him..." Tanjiro begged, a pained expression on his face.

Inosuke merely stared at him.

"It's fine if he dies!" Inosuke, recalling the prior scene, blurted out.

An eye for an eye.

"It's...not...!" Tanjiro coughed out.

"He's the one who stabbed you! That guy got his leg caught and can't move! His foot is squashed, he can't walk anymore! Even if I get him out, he'll die anyway!" Inosuke explained, clearly dissatisfied.

"Then...I think he'd had enough punishment...go...save him...!" Tanjiro spoke through bated breaths, clearly labored in the endeavor.

"..."

"Please..." Tanjiro begged.

"...Hmph. Fine! I'll do it because I'm the boss! And my underling asked me to! After I save him, I'll pluck all his hair off!" Inosuke huffed, walking off towards the fallen train car, the Conductor quietly shedding tears beneath it.

"Ha...ha...you don't have to do that..." Tanjiro chuckled helplessly, though almost immediately after, he coughed out blood.

"Dawn...should be getting closer...I have to stabilize my breathing...I gotta help the injured Nezuko, Zenitsu...Rengoku-san, (Y/N)-nii...I'm sure they're safe!" Tanjiro took labored breaths in an attempt to stabilize his condition. However, a small distance away, a fading dreamy eye landed on him.

"My body's destroyed. I can't regenerate." Enmu gazed hatefully at Tanjiro, his flesh disintegrating by the moment.

This brat...!

"Did I lose? Am I dying? No way...no way...! I haven't unleashed my full strength yet!" Enmu toiled in his hatred, though he could do little more than recall and glare.

"I couldn't eat a single person...my plan to merge with the train and eat everyone inside in one gulp is ruined now! It's all because of those two!" Enmu's dreamy orbs took a hateful light, recalling the scenes he saw oh-so-vividly.

Rengoku's precise sword that burned his very cells.

(Y/N) mockery and awe-inspiring skills, a sense of fear rising up in Enmu as he recalled his comments. It was clear that the strange boy had know Enmu had an eye on him...but even still, he began to eat him!

What sort of sick joke was this?!

"So that's...the strength of the Pillars?! I took 300 people hostage, and I still got pushed back! That flashy blonde guy, the freaky icy blue eyed kid, the yellow haired brat, and that girl! It's not fair! Aren't two of them Demons?! Why...why are they on the other side?!" Enmu weeped at the situation.

A perfect plan, gone in the ashes.

"This isn't fair...! Not fair at all! My bad luck all began with this brat!" Enmu's flesh toiled, slowly expanding as he moved his fleshy remains towards Tanjiro's labored form.

"Not yet! It's always us Lower Moons that keep getting killed by the Demon Hunters. The Upper Moons...they haven't had anyone die in hundreds of years! They've buried mountains of corpses, even Pillars! Is their strength really on a completely different level?" Enmu felt tears begin to fall down his face, his flesh disintegrating as the wind ruffled past him.

"I've never reached the Upper Moons despite being given so much blood, and I was even eaten by some freaky Pillar! Ahhh! I wanna have a redo! I want a redo! What a miserable...nightmare...this is..." Enmu cried out from the depths of his soul, but nothing met him in solace, two shadows rushing past him and arriving before Tanjiro.

"So you can use Full Focus Breathing all the time now! Impressive, impressive!" Rengoku hummed, both he and (Y/N) glancing down at Tanjiro.

"Righty-o! That's not gonna be enough Lil Bro, and let's quit playing the "dead brother" act. We did that ages ago and man do I not wanna go back." (Y/N) chuckled, his finger flicking Tanjiro's forehead with a soft smile.

"(Y/N)-nii...Rengoku-san..." Tanjiro took labored breaths, Rengoku smiling brightly.

"Doing it all day is just one step to becoming a Pillar! But it might take you ten thousand steps to get there! But, you've got to survive to take those steps!" Rengoku smiled passionately, Tanjiro heaving as he tried to get himself under control.

"I'll do...my best..." Tanjiro gave a strained smile.

"Great. Now, focus. You've got to be very accurate now." (Y/N) smiled, Tanjiro gazing at him.

"There's a blood vessel somewhere in your body. And it's broken. Focus, and find it." (Y/N) crouched down beside Tanjiro, gazing seriously at the wound.

He wasn't about to let Tanjiro die.

Not in any life.

Tanjiro took bated breaths as he tried to search for it, following the pain in his body. A pulsing sensation rose from his flesh, instantly making him aware of the problem.

"One step done, now take the next. Seal it. Stop the bleeding. Stop the hemorrhage. Don't go dying on me." (Y/N) smiled, Tanjiro offering one in return as the two Pillars watched the young boy struggle on.

Within moments, he still met no success.

At this rate...

"Focus." Suddenly, a finger put pressure onto his head, Rengoku calmly smiling at Tanjiro, a patient smile on his face.

He wasn't going to let a bright recruit die.

No way in hell.

Tanjiro struggled on and on, breathing heavily as the seconds ticked by, the two Pillars watching attentively. A sense of worry began to form within (Y/N) as the moments passed.

"Haah!" However, in the next, it dispersed as Tanjiro began to breathe easier, a satisfied smile forming on Rengoku's face, and a relieved one on (Y/N)'s face.

"Yep! Just like that, you stopped it! If you Master your breathing, you'll be able to accomplish various things. It's not like you'll be able to do everyone, but you will at least be capable of more than yesterday." Rengoku beamed brightly, a proud smile forming on the Flame Pillars' face.

"Mhm. And don't worry - we made sure everyone is safe. All 300 people safe and accounted for~! Isn't your big brother just amazing?" (Y/N) gave a sly grin, Rengoku chuckling out loud as Tanjiro felt his lips twitch upwards.

"Yeah! You guys are both so amazing!" Tanjiro beamed brightly, a soft laugh leaving his lips. This time, only a very faint pain followed.

"Eh...I was more talking about myself, but yeah, Rengoku did do well I guess." (Y/N) shrugged helplessly, pouting as Tanjiro and Rengoku both laughed, a soft smile rising to (Y/N)'s face afterward.

"Come on, let's get going. We'll take you back to Shinobu's place for a full-"

THHHUUUMMMPP!

Suddenly, (Y/N) halted his words, a strange feeling arising within him.

"(Y/N)-nii?" Tanjiro asked curiously, seeing a wary look form on (Y/N)'s face.

To switch from a joking mood to such a heavy mood...

"What's wrong...?" Tanjiro asked, (Y/N)'s hands slowly trailing to his two swords, which were sheathed at his waist, his moonchime haori waving in the wind.

"...Something's coming." (Y/N) warned gravely, Rengoku slowly reaching for his own sword.

If (Y/N) was this distraught, then something big was coming...

BOOOOOOOOMMM!

Suddenly, earth shattered a small distance away from the ground, (Y/N)'s lips turning into a frown as he felt it.

A horrific pressure.

"This feels like...it feels so much like..." (Y/N) felt his very blood turn cold, turning towards the crash site as Rengoku and Tanjiro followed his gaze.

"Kibutsuji...Muzan...!" (Y/N) growled out, the smoke beginning to fade as a single silhouette shone from within beneath the moonlight.

A single detail instantly attracted the attention of all 3 Swordsmen.

The newcomers' eyes.

And the menace within.

Upper Moon Three.
—————————————————————————
The Infinity Trains rumbles to a halt as the Dreamers all awaken! Dreams...they're marvelous, but they're fleeting. Perhaps one dreams of paradise, or of salvation, or of family...but no matter the dream, it ends all the same once one awakens. However, dreams are thought of a blessing for a reason...because reality may be far crueler than dreams. The storm looms overhead.

Prepare yourself.

Holy Christ it's been literal years. Maybe. I actually don't know when the last time I updated this is...oh, well, potato potato. Infinity Train over, Enmu got turned into a snack, and everyone's safe...but that guy standing over there sure does look menacing. Might just be me, but I'd watch out if I were you~.

Anyway, here's Shinobu~!

I wonder...why is she crying?

Next time: Shadow, Flames and Disorder...

~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 104 12
Female Reader insert. Going to the bar three times a week was a norm for you, and you didn't exactly know how your liver is still okay till now. Kama...
2.5K 57 11
A demon slayer fanfiction. [Nezuko x male reader] The darkness was your world. You lost everything so you became a demon slayer in order to prevent...
31.4K 824 74
The Kamado siblings are just like any other set of siblings. The level-headed eldest sister, the workhorse second-eldest brother, and the loveable yo...
613K 23.5K 34
(Y/n) Kamado a young cheerful girl, third to the eldest sibling, lives in a big and happy household but in that one faithful day when you accompanied...