The Baby-Carrier ✔

By ThatIslaander

Bryce Hemsworth has everything he could ever want. The perfect parents and sibling. The perfect house. The pe... More

1| Wifey
2| check up
3| Figuration
4| Problems
5| Deal | Pt.1
6| Deal | Pt. 2
7| Reactions & Satisfactions
8 | WTF
9 | Splash & Crash
10 | Safe & Home
11 | Getting Along for Alyssa
12 | awkward
13 | Can't Resist
14 | That was close
15 | Evil Plan
16 | I want You
17 | DEAD
18 | Threats
19 | positive
20 | Confusion & Pain
21 | WHAT'S THIS?
22 | Lies
23 | RISA
24 | Caught In The Act
25 | Death
26 | Alyssa's Gang
27 | All for Alyssa
28 | Gone But Never Forgotten
29 | Engagement
30 | Trash or Treasure
31 | Mine, Yours, Ours
You get to choose:
32 | Exchange
33 | Survivor
34 | Coma
36 | Ultra Sound
37 | He Knows
38 | Bryce The Saver
39 | Uninvited Guests
40 | Dead Body
41 | Amnesia
42 | A Second Chance
43 | She comes home
44 | Promises, Promises
45 | The Truth
46 | DON'T
47 | Memories
48 | Punishment
49 | Baby Girl
50 | The End
Help me choose:
2nd book?
2nd Book Coming Soon!
Good News!!

35 | Evidence

7K 197 29
By ThatIslaander

Bryce

SITTING IN my office, I try to get things done before I go home. It's 9pm and I still have a lot to read and sign. All these could have been done hours ago if I had just focused on it. But my mind couldn't stop wandering off. My mind keeps thinking about Alyssa...

The woman who I promised to give everything she deserves.

But you know what I've given her?

The opposite of what she deserves....

Pain...

Betrayal...

Lies...

I sit back, loosening my tie as I stare at the paperworks scattered on my desk. What has happened to me? Am I really a mess without Alyssa? Coming to the conclusion that I won't be able to finish my work, I decided to have a drink.

I grab a bottle of vodka from the cabinet I had in my office, but then I couldn't find a clean glass since I used them all and some were broken to pieces after I threw them against the wall.

"MARIS!" I call my secretary who's sitting in her workspace outside my office.

She quickly drops whatever she's doing and rushes inside, saying, "Yes, sir?"

"Bring me a glass." I ordered her, going to sit on the couch. She rushes out to get a glass for me and I just slouch on the couch, thinking about how much of a mess I am right now. I really need to get myself together.

Alyssa is gone. I thought to myself. She's never coming back.

But what if she's alive?

What if...

Lyle told me there's a chance that Alyssa could be alive somewhere out there. I can only hope she is.

I hope she gives me a second chance to redeem myself. I thought to myself.

Then Maria crosses my mind...

Maria...

My heart is torn between these two beautiful lovely women. I don't know what to do...who to choose. My heart can't choose.

Maris comes in, placing the glass I asked for on the table before walking out. I reach for the glass but Lyle beats me to it. When did be enter the room? I have no idea.

"You have to stop drinking bro," Lyle tells me then reaches for the bottle in my hand which I move away from his reach.

"Fuck off." I tell him quietly, not in the mood for his shit. Right now, I just want to drink away my problems. "MARIS, BRING ANOTHER GLASS!"

"NO, MARIS DON'T." Lyle orders Maris who was just standing in the doorway, having no idea who to listen to. "Shut the door and leave."

Maris does what Lyle told her with hesitation. I just shake my head in disbelief. Who's the boss here? I'm the one who freaking hired and pays her! What she does? Listen to this asshole I call my bestfriend.

Lyle quickly grabs the bottle from me and goes to sit on the other sofa. I decide to ignore him, staring blankly at the ceiling.

"You should go home," Lyle tells me, pouring himself a drink.

That bastard.

"-your wife is waiting for you at home." He adds.

When I don't say anything, he throws a cushion at me to get my attention. I take a breath, controlling myself so I dont attack him right now.

"I just want to be alone right now." I say quietly.

"You've been alone for hours and you look like shit. Your office even reeks of alcohol. " Lyle points out.

"Shut up. Just...shut up." I growled at him, annoyed.

"What's the problem? You have Maria now. She's your wife. You're gonna have a baby soon and look at you right now." He shakes his head at me. "What happened to my best friend?"

What happened to me...

"I miss her..." I suddenly say.

He just looks at me in silence, knowing very well who I'm referring to.

"I fucking miss her bro." I repeated.

"What about Maria? Don't forget your current wife. This all your doing. " Lyle tells me, taking a gulp of vodka.

"I love Maria- I-I.. love them both." I finally look at him, seeing his reaction. He didn't really know how to react. He looks so lost.

Then...

"You have to choose, Bryce. What do you really want...make up your mind! Your hurting innocent people." He snaps at me, tired of my shit.

"I love them both..." I drag my sentence.

"You can't love them both. Who does your heart desire more?" He asked me and I didn't know how to answer that. I don't even know the answer myself.

"If you really loved Alyssa, you wouldn't have fallen for Maria." Lyle tells me before standing up. "I'll have Maris have your car ready to take you home. Go home bro."

Damian

I PARK MY CAR (picture above), getting out just as Nico parks his car beside mine. We were at my place, the Dragonov Mansion. Not the mafia house, but my home.

"I missed this place," Nico tells me, looking at the huge mansion in front of us. When we were little, Nico always came over to hang out and he'd bring Alyssa with him. There were 4 of us always playing around. We were all so close until things changed. I had to take over my gang and the business. Nico and Alyssa had a family problem and we never really saw eachother after that. And the other member? I don't want to talk about him. It's been years since we last saw him and Nico and I couldn't find traces of him after his house went on fire.

Reports say he's dead.

"Let's go in," I tell Nico and we both walk inside. There waiting inside with a big smile on her face was my mother, Emma. She comes and hugs me tightly since I haven't been home for months.

"Oh, I missed you!" She said happily, swaying us while hugging. She noticed Nico then pulls away from me, saying, "Nico, son! Come here!" Nico doesn't waste a second and goes in for a hug. Emma treats him like a son. I mean, we are best friends. He's a brother to me.

She smiles at Nico then looks at the doorway, as if expecting someone to come in next. She looks at us both, confused, "...did Angel come too?"

Nico drops his gaze to the floor. He's sad again.

I know Alyssa is alive. I can feel it.

"She's coming soon. I promise. " I told my mother. I didn't want to tell her about Alyssa yet. My mother would cry her eyes out for hours and probably won't be the same if I tell her Alyssa could be dead.

Mother always treasured Alyssa as her own daughter since she only gave birth to 5 handsome brave boys including me. There are 6 Dragonov sons. I, Damian Dragonov, am the oldest. I am the boss of this gang. My 5 brothers are Mason, Daniel, Logan, Asher, and Vince. Three of them are also taking care of the gang business while the other 2 went after their dreams.

Nico gives me a look and I just shake my head at him. Emma just gives us another lovely smile, saying, "I hope so. I miss my little angel. Anyhow, I'll see you two later at dinner. We have a lot to catch up on."

***

"If I knew we'd drive an hour just to sit and relax, I wouldn't have come with you." Nico tells me 10 minutes after we had sat down in my office living room. Without taking my eyes off the book I was reading, I turned the page, saying, "We are not relaxing. We are waiting. "

"I'm tired of waiting. My sister could be alive- I need to find her." Nico hisses at me and I shut the book close, standing up while arranging my jacket.

"That is exactly what we'll do. But for now, let's wait for Asher's call." I inform him.

Asher is my brother. Our gang has 6 houses and he's stationed at the Dragon Ash House. It's the house that holds the computer which is connected to those cameras I installed on Nico's land without him even knowing. It's been years. I wonder if its still working. My brother Daniel is a computer geek. He's so good with electronics and hacking of accounts which is why I let him go follow his dreams. He was the one who made this computer and installed the things. The cameras are solar powered.

"Are you gonna tell me why you installed those cameras in the first place or what?" Nico asked suddenly and I just sigh, thinking about how to answer that.

But before I could answer him, my phone rings and I pick it when I see its Asher.

"What did you find?" I ask him, staring at Nico.

"Someone was after Angel." Asher said on the other line.

"Who was it?" I ask, anger surging through my veins.

I swear I will kill that person behind this. How dare he hurt her!

"I have no idea who this guy is. I'll send you a picture." Then he hangs up and a second later, my phone vibrates. Asher had send me a picture.

"Who the fuck is this?!" Nico said angrily when he saw the picture.

He looks very familiar. I've seen him before. I call Asher again and he picks it up. "Call Daniel right now. We need his help."

YES! I UPDATED TWICE IN ONE DAY! IM FEELING MYSELF AHAHA SO? DID YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER?

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BRYCE? DO YOU THINK HE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE?

HOW ABOUT DAMIAN?

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS BC I DO READ IT AND IT MAKES MY DAY.

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTEEEEEEE! THE BABY-CARRIER IS CLOSE TO 1K VOTES! IF YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED ME, FOLLOW ME!

I LOVE YOU MY ISLAANDERS!

THANKS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 75.7K 39
Ace Carter Greyson, her husband of five long years demanded divorce on the night of their fifth wedding anniversary. Reason? Simply because she can't...
195 8 7
Samantha Kendrick has been working all her life to have it all. She had worked hard to get to where she was today and her picture perfect life was li...
284K 6.7K 31
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...
172K 2.9K 65
~you're giving me a million reasons to let you go~ ~baby, I just need one good one to stay~ Book 1- Unwritten Book 2- Enchanted Started- May 12, 201...