Testament of An Archangel

By Chaoslillith

What if everything you've been told about the Lucifer's and Mankind's fall from the Garden was wrong? Remiel... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 1 Part 2
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 Part 1
Chapter 4 Part 2
Chapter 4 Part 3
Chapter 5 Part 1
Chapter 5 Part 2
Chapter 6 Part 1
Chapter 6 part 2
Chapter 7 Part 1
Chap 7 Part 2
Chapter 8 Part 1
Chapter 8 Part 2
Chapter 9 Part 1
Chapter 9 Part 2
Chapter 10 Part 1
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 11 Part 1
Chapter 11 Part 2
Chapter 12 Part 1
Chapter 12 Part 2
Chapter 13 Part 1
Chapter 13 Part 2
Chapter 14 Part 1
Chapter 14 Part 2
Chapter 16 - End

Chapter 15

207 11 3
By Chaoslillith

CHAPTER 15

Adam stayed silent the rest of the time he slept. When he awakened he headed away from where Lillith and Lucifer had been and found some food. He didn't seem the least bit concerned for Lillith and went about his day with no further communication from Elohim. I found this troublesome as it appeared that he had formed no bond with her. I wasn't sure how much of that was due to her the bond she already had with Lucifer or how much was Elohim's doing. Back then, the mysteries of human emotions and how humans choose mates were even further beyond us. Even after all this time I still am not sure how that works.

I spent the day with Adam but gained no further insight into Elohim's plans or location. As the sun began to set I had calmed down enough to be able to speak with Lucifer again and sent a thought in his direction. “How is she?”

“She has recovered,” he replied. “As have I. Thank you for asking.”

“Adam said something earlier, in his sleep. Elohim appears to be making him a new mate.”

I hadn't been sure what to expect when Lucifer heard the news. His lack of response made it clear that he was just as confused about it as I was.

“Did he say why?” he asked.

“It appears Elohim views her as tainted.” I was surprised how calm he remained. Perhaps he had reached the point where he was no longer surprised what Elohim would accuse him of.

“Truly? A new mate?”

A sense of eagerness resounded within him but it wasn't filled with joy and excitement. I have watched many predators hunt and that pivotal moment right before they commit in full to the lunge or strike, that is how Lucifer felt.

“Will you inform her?” I asked. Silence greeted my question.

“I must take some time to decide what is best. Thank you for the information,” he replied then brushed the topic aside, “I informed Uriel how I hid the bond between she and I. He relayed it to the others then left. Perhaps you should speak with him and see if he needs assistance. I have other things to attend to.”

His tone left little question that he was drawing the line as to what he would partake in. Since he felt that the conversation needed to end and I had little desire in pursuing anything further I reached out, found Uriel and left without another word.

Uriel, myself, Raguel, Michael and a rather grudging Gabriel spent a great deal of time searching for Elohim. Raphael and Seraqual chose to remain apart from the rest of us and we respected their decision. Michael assisted more out of concern that Elohim was creating a great numbers of the creatures I destroyed than any real desire to find Elohim. We all reacted differently to what had transpired. The split between Elohim and Lucifer felt in many ways like we had suffered two deaths in the family. Myself, Uriel and Michael forced ourselves to stay occupied. When we weren't looking for Elohim we did what tasks we could. Raguel built a wall of stone around what he was feeling, his remarks became sharper and more hurtful and Gabriel hovered on the edge of silence for quite some time. He only spoke when spoken to and took much longer to complete things than was normal for him. All of us avoided Lucifer while we searched for Elohim.

Whatever Elohim was doing allowed him to elude us for quite some time. When he finally reappeared to us we gathered together before rushing to where we sensed him to be.

“He is on the same planet as they are,” Uriel said. “There is something else too.”

Michael shook his head, clenched his fist and his arm became enveloped in golden light. “He made more.”

“Yes,” I felt it as well. “They are stronger than the one I destroyed.”

Raphael and Seraqual appeared next to Michael. “We are here to make sure whatever conflict occurs stays on that world,” Raphael stated, “We will not take sides.”

We looked at each other, “If he does not attack us should we get involved?” Gabriel asked. “The two of them are the ones in conflict, not us.”

“Yes.” Michael replied. “Elohim has created things that are immensely strong now. He needs to be shown that we will not allow him to spread them throughout the universe.”

“Let us see what he has to say first Michael,” Uriel stated. “He does not seem to be threatening Lucifer with them yet. They are on opposite sides of the world at the moment. If we go in there and just attack these creations it is not likely to solve anything and will most likely make things worse.”

Michael said nothing in reply.

“Lucifer showed us how to hide ourselves well enough,” Seraqual stated, “Instead of speaking to him we could go down there and watch whatever it is he is doing. I am not sure I could stand another conversation with either of them.”

“So we lower ourselves to their level?” Michael snarled, “Hiding and lying?”

“I do not like it anymore than you do,” I countered. “But it is perhaps the only way we will find out the truth. He seems to feel that we do nothing but betray and mock him so why would he enlighten us to what he is planning.”

Michael tightened his jaw, bronze colored armor surrounded him again and scowled at us, “Brothers, are the rest of you in agreement?”

Hesitant nods came from the remains of my family, “Fine,” He growled, “Let us cower in the shadows then.”

We shifted into pure energy and with silent thoughts decided who would go where to spy on Elohim and his new creations, mirrored the world around us, blended and listened. I hovered by a winged human like creation that bore more than a passing resemblance to Michael's appearance in his walking around form, same red hair, same green eyes. It's wings were white and stretched from it's heels to well above it's head. It stood at the edge of a large forest, some sort of weapon in hand and appeared to be guarding the forest from intruders. It's face was blank although it's dark green eyes never stopped moving from side to side. I drew closer to it, it tensed and turned it's head in my direction. I moved several feet in either direction. It looked confused as if it felt that I was there but since it could not actually see me was unsure as what actions it should take. I flowed into the nearest tree, becoming one with it in such a way that only my brothers should be able to sense me. The winged creature's eyes slowly shifted as it narrowed it's eyes in thought.

“Father, I sense something.” It spoke. It's eyes widened and it nodded it's head as if someone was speaking to it. “It's gone now but I felt I needed to inform you. Thank you. I live to serve.” It relaxed and resumed looking off into the distance.

“Remiel,” Michael's astonished voice whispered to me, “They can sense us.”

“I know. Meld into a tree or rock. That seems to block their ability to feel our presence.”

“This one looks like you,” Michael continued.

“I am looking at a rougher version of you with wings at the moment.”

“What is this?” Seraqual's horrified voice reached me. “There are seven of them aren't there?”

“Yes,” Uriel confirmed. “Come to me. Elohim has appeared, with Adam and female who is not Lillith.”

“He will sense us.” I pointed out.

“Remiel, he already knows we are here. We were not skilled enough at hiding it seems. Come.”

We joined Uriel. As soon as we manifested the two creations that stood on either side of Elohim stepped forward, placing themselves between Elohim and us. One had Lucifer's pale gold hair and the other reminded me of Uriel.

Michael's aura flared, a spear appeared in his hand. “You dare?”

Elohim ignored us and turned Adam and the new female towards the forest. “This is your world my children, your garden of safety. Because I love and cherish you I am gifting you with this. Here you will be safe from harm, from tainting. I have created guardians for you. They shall watch over you when I cannot. If you are ever in danger just call for them and they will appear to help you. All I ask in return my children is that you always love and listen to me, that you do what I say for I created you and know what's best for you.”

“Of course Great One,” Adam replied.

“Now what of these others?” Elohim gestured to us.

The female spoke, “They are not to be trusted. They betrayed you and will lead us astray. You created us and love us.”

Elohim finally looked at us, his lips twisted into a smile laden with superiority and utter dismissal of us. “Indeed, Eve. Well done. Go now. Explore the world I have gifted you. Everything you shall need is there.”

Adam and Eve bowed to him and walked away. None of us could manage to speak a single word. Elohim watched us for a few moments, walked in between his winged creations and up to Michael.

“The strongest one I made in your image. When you pierced both Lucifer and I earlier, I knew you would never join me. You, however, were the only one who hadn't outright condemned me or thought me mad. I wanted to honor that.”

Michael stepped away from him, “You are mad. I did not want to see it before, but now I have no choice.” He leveled his spear towards Elohim's chest. The rest of us moved away. Lavender tinted my vision, power vibrated from my hands. The air crackled and hissed as all my brothers flared their auras and prepared for a battle.

Elohim threw his head back, laughed and raised his hand. The sound of wings hammered the air around us and we were surrounded by his creations, their weapons were drawn and power resonated between them and him. “Individually they are weaker than you, but together and with me here it is a much different situation,” Elohim stated.

“Interesting,” Lucifer's calm, cold voice came from behind Elohim. “They failed to sense me though. Your skills are still lacking.”

Instantly Elohim spun and all seven of his creations shifted to surround Lucifer instead of us. Lucifer eyed the one that most resembled him, “I am disappointed brother,” Condescension dripped from his words, “I would have thought you would have made this one more hideous and used it as some sort of evil thing to scare them.”

“You may have betrayed me Lucifer,” Elohim replied, his tone wary. “But without you I could not have created either Adam, Eve or these masterpieces.”

“Ah,” Lucifer said as he walked closer towards it, “So you wanted to honor me as you did Michael?”

“Perhaps.” Elohim made a small gesture and it lunged towards Lucifer who shifted and reappeared next to it. He lifted his hand and Elohim's creation was stopped mid stride and slowly rose above the ground.

“Father!” It cried as it struggled against Lucifer's hold.

“Well?” Lucifer taunted. “Do you truly care for this thing Elohim or will you merely discard it and build another one if I destroy it?”

We felt Lucifer's power build and it started to shriek as it's wings turned black and it's feet started to resemble hooves.

“No!!” Elohim raged and the rest of his winged guardians surged towards Lucifer, but to no avail. Lucifer merely shifted out of their way while continuing to corrupt the one he was holding. Surging walls of blazing energy erupted from Elohim. We all sensed where Lucifer was going to appear next, or so we thought. Elohim spun and violently flung his arm out. A tree trunk thick stream of molten energy flowed towards where sensed Lucifer would be but Lucifer did not appear, the creation did.

It's skin was the color of charred wood, the night black wings engulfed the ground around it in shadows and it's hands had been turned into misshapen claws. Yet it's face was the most horrendous change of all. Lucifer had made it beautiful, a mirror image of his own, but had somehow stripped it of all rational thought and filled it with violence and hate. It bounded out of the way of Elohim's power and drove itself with immense wing strokes directly at him. Elohim's version of Michael intercepted it, it's sword taking the corrupted one in the chest. The scream it emitted was not filled with pain, but with a lust for battle. It grabbed the sword from the other one's hand and ripped the sword from it's chest and plunged it into the chest of the one that resembled Michael, locking eyes with Elohim as it did so.

“Enough!” Elohim snapped, “I made you! You belong to me!”

We felt Elohim reach out and try to force his will onto it. The corrupted one paused, dropped the sword and flung it's hands over it's ears. “What's happening to me? Father help!” It dropped to it's knees, shuddering then slowly collapsed in pain.

Lucifer's dark laugh caressed the air around us although we could not see him. “As I said Elohim, your skills are still lacking. He's a much better representation of me now. None of your creations are safe from me, brother. They never will be.”

Elohim clenched his fists, “My skills are lacking?” he spat out. “You only corrupt the greatness that I create. You are nothing without me! All of you are nothing!” He stalked to the one that looked like Michael, it had crumpled onto it's side as blood flowed from it's chest. Elohim bent down, healed it's wound and handed it the sword, “Kill the tainted one,” he commanded. It pushed it's way to it's feet, flexed it wings and plunged the sword through the chest of the corrupted one who gasped as all it's muscles tightened for a brief moment, then went limp.

“The universe means nothing to me now.” Elohim declared, “I have my own world, my own universe to control. If Lucifer or any of you try to take that from me, I will destroy everything we have ever created.”

Lucifer manifested in front of us, facing Elohim. “You lack the courage to do that Elohim. You refuse to even attack me, much less Michael or the rest. Fear not, they will not harm you or your world. That is my task, one that I shall dedicate the rest of eternity to. Unless you'd like to finish this once and for all.” As he spoke those words the air around him erupted into lighting and hail. Elohim's creations covered themselves with their wings to protect their skin from assault of ice and exploding earth as the lighting struck the ground around us.

Elohim's eyes dropped from Lucifer and landed on the body of the creation that Lucifer had corrupted in mere minutes. He looked at us, then at his remaining guardians. The numbers were not in his favor and he knew it. His creation of his guardians had solidified us against him. I was never sure why he thought that there could have be any other outcome once he had taken that step. He turned away from us, his guardians did the same. Lucifer brought the hail and lighting to an end.

“As I thought. Practice your skills Elohim, perhaps one day you will create something that I will not be able to turn against you.” He looked over his shoulder, his eyes were empty as he met our eyes. “Leave brothers. You have other things to attend to.”

What choice did we have? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 0 13
When angels in Heaven inexplicably start to Fall, Aziraphale and Jophiel struggle to survive when each moment together may be their last. As an unexp...
54K 1.4K 28
Angels and devils. Two races who hated each other. But what if an angel falls for a devil? Would they be accepted? Are they even allowed to love? The...
877 42 44
"Welcome back to the land of the living, Alexandra... Please don't make too much of a mess on your first night." ------------------------- The after...
110K 6.6K 24
**BACKUP POSTED ON MY ALT ACCOUNT BLACKKHEDERA2** It all went bad so quick. I made one mistake. ONE mistake. And my life plummeted straight to hell...