Weeds

By Readiculous

"They were elements that were not supposed to mix,but they were. And just like mixing hydrogen peroxide with... More

Weeds
Weeds - Chapter One
Weeds - Chapter two
Weeds - Chapter three
Weeds - Chapter Four
Weeds - Chapter five
Weeds - Chapter Six
Weeds - Chapter Seven
Weeds - Chapter Eight
Weeds - Chapter Nine
Weeds - Chapter Ten
Weeds - Chapter Eleven
Weeds - Chapter Twelve
Weeds - Chapter Thirteen
Weeds - Chapter Fourteen
Weeds - Chapter Fifteen
Weeds - Chapter Sixteen
Weeds - Chapter Seventeen
Weeds - Chapter Eighteen
Weeds - Chapter Nineteen
Weeds - Chapter Twenty
Weeds - Chapter Twenty One
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Two
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Three
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Four
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Five
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Six
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Seven
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Eight
Weeds - Chapter Twenty nine
Weeds - Chapter Thirty
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Two
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Three
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Four
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Five
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Six
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Seven
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Eight
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Nine
Weeds - Chapter Forty
Weeds - Chapter Forty One
Weeds - Chapter Forty Two
SEQUEL

Weeds - Chapter Thirty One

33.1K 1.4K 902
By Readiculous

 Vote

Comment

Fan

-

Monday morning flashed by in a blur, drama class is filled by Miss.Hooters wearing a shirt that is way too inappropriate for school and the flashing of her thong to the class when she bent  down to pick up a pen. 

Lunch was filled with Cole, Zach and I playing three way Tick- Tack toe, it was strange how seeing Zach being his normal sarcastic self since that side of him had been buried for three years. 

I even noticed that he was letting his bleached blonde died hair grow out, I could see the small splattering of ginger hair at his roots. 

Cole seems happier than usual, he didn’t even have a girl on his lap during lunch.  

Elliott was at school , I noticed his presence  during science, he was wearing his uniform in the same disheveled manner as always I could see the imprint of his Mads Mikkelson shirt through his white dress shirt, he had prominent dark circles under his eyes and his hair was sticking out randomly. His lips were a dark purple, different from his usual bright red, they were swollen almost.  

He stood at the front of the door holding his blazer over his shoulder and his bag on the other. 

Chantelle Lavesque tumbled in after him giggling wildly. 

The smile I didn’t realize I had slowly dripped off my face as I noticed her purple lipstick smudged and her just fucked hair. 

She grabbed Elliott's arm and he flinched away violently, she pouted and he wrapped an arm round her leading them over to their lab station. 

I narrowed my eyes and glared at the paper in front of me. 

I couldn't concentrate on how to write the chemical formula of Lithium Carbonate, West nudged me when he slid into his seat and he smiled at me. 

That all wholesome boy smile that frankly upset me, why was he always so happy? 

"Hey," He said and leaned in to kiss my cheek. 

I was caught off guard and froze in my place, I clenched my jaw, does he not know what personal space is? 

"Hello." 

"What are you doing?" He asked and he was unfazed by my cold greeting. 

I pointed to the questions on the board. 

"I was wondering if you want to come over after school, we can hang out for a bit."  

"Sure." I say not prying my eyes from my page. 

"Are you okay Riles?" 

"Yep."" 

West settled on his questions and I was thankful for him shutting up,  didn't want to talk to him. 

And deep down I knew why my attitude towards West was so bitter. 

It was because as I watched Elliott's hand hold his lab partners thigh reassuringly, I wanted him back. 

Even though he was never mine. 

Mr.Hysons cell phone went off and I think we were all surprised, he never got phone calls or texts. 

He smiled and mouthed 'Girl friend' to us and our jaws dropped as well as a good population of our classes hearts. 

I look at the class, estimating that we are already halfway through class. 

The clock reads, 12:40, its been ten minuets since class started. 

Sighing I concentrate on my work, for once Cole isn't sucking off his lab partners face instead he appears to be writing down and answers . 

The rest of the class is spent with Mr.Hyson talking on the phone and me catching Wests stare with my peripheral vision. 

Why is he wearing Sperry Boat shoes in fall? 

My mind rolls her eyes, California isn't cold in the fall stupid. 

My phone vibrates and I look down , its from Elliott. 

I lean forward and catch him staring at me. 

Feeling awkward I lean back and read the text. 

My bands playing Friday night, want to come? - E 

I lean forward and nod at him, he grins and turns his attention back to his paper. 

West is still smiling. 

When class ends I try to escape as quick as possible not wanting to find another flaw of Wests, hopefully by the time school ends I will no longer be mad. 

Elliott slides in beside me in Social Sciences, he offers me a small smile and leans on his hand so that his arm is on the desk and he's facing me. 

"How're you doing?" 

"Okay, you?" 

"I'm fine," He says quickly and covers up with a follow up question, "Is your head okay? You took quite a nasty fall on Friday." 

I narrowed my eyes, "I'm okay, although I did notice some weird bruises on my neck, do you know where they're from?" 

He remained impassive and shrugged. 

I impulsively grabbed his hand and cheeked to see just how cold it was, it was freezing. 

I hissed in a breath and clamped his hand harder. 

"Geeze Riley, calm down." He said and let me continue to rub life back into his hand. 

"No Elliott, you calm down, you're basically dead." 

"The Walking Dead." He mused and I rolled my eyes. 

I smiled and continued massaging his hand. 

When I was done with the first hand I moved on to the second and Mr.Kerr walked in, making enough noise to receive even the queens attention. 

He slammed his binders onto his desk and I glanced back at Elliott who was gazing down at our hands lost in thought. 

Mr.Kerr grabbed a stack of papers and came around giving each person one. 

It was another check in activity, but instead this time it was to write a paragraph on your partner and how knowing them has changed your life for the better.  

This paragraph would be a part of our final presentation in three weeks time.  

It took me the entire period to write my paragraph and when I finished I hastily placed it on the pile at the front of the room, I turn back to get my bag and Elliott is waiting for me at our desks. 

We walk to my locker and Elliott rambled on about the time he met Mads Mikkelson when he went to Canada. 

I paid attention to him because I was enjoying how animated he was, I had never seen him so alive, his arms were flailing at his sides as he described in great enthusiasms Mads reaction when Elliott and his friend waited for him outside of Mads Toronto home. 

I smiled and nodded as we wound our way to my locker. 

I opened my locker and flinched at the smell of the moldy sandwich, it was getting worse.  

As I ducked to place my binders inside Elliott abruptly stopped speaking and I pulled out to see what caught his attention, West stood beside him. 

"Wade." Elliott acknowledged incorrectly and I wondered weather he was being rude on purpose or sincerely didn’t know his name. I figured it was the latter since I had never truly heard him acknowledge West. 

West smiled and Elliott frowned further. 

"Elliott, its so nice to finally meet you." West said and stuck his hand out for a shake. 

Elliott lazily placed his hand and West and shook. 

What teenage boy shakes hands? At least Elliott isn't eighteen. 

Elliott excused himself from us and sauntered off to a blonde who I recognized as a part of the jazz band. 

West spoke  to me and I stared as Elliott leaned in so that his body was shielding hers and they began eating each others faces off. 

"Riley?" 

"Yu-huh?" 

"I said , do you want to go get a salad from the Caf?" 

A salad? 

"I'm good." 

"Okay." He smiled and grabbed my hand, I flinched but he didn’t let go and we walked through campus, I had Goosebumps from the unwanted contact. 

He produced a card from his bag and slid it through his door handle, opening his door he walked in and I followed. 

His room-mate who's name I forgot sat in front of the T.V playing video games, Dark Souls 2. 

"Can I play?" I asked  

West scoffed, "I don’t think that’s a good idea." 

"Why not?" 

"Well... you're a girl." 

My jaw dropped at West, could he be more sexist? 

Narrowing my eyes I dropped down besides his friend, "Pass me a controller." 

His friend chuckled and obliged. 

Three rounds, a dungeon and many kick ass moves on my part later I sighed in victory and leaned back placing my hand behind my head. 

West mumbled something about beginners luck and that upset me because he doubted my capabilities, his friend high fived me. 

Deciding that it was time for me to go since I didn’t want to be near West since he was producing such a hostile environment I told him I was going to head home. 

He offered to walk me home and I agreed since I didn’t want to injure his manly pride. 

The walk was silent, and quite frankly, awkward. 

West was still upset over how I won and I was upset over his reaction that I won. 

I didn’t even want to comfort his delated form, I could have told him the reason I was good at video games was because of Cole and Logan but instead I didn’t. 

When we arrived at my house I was about to walk in when West grabbed my arm. 

"Look I don’t want to end things on a bad note." 

"You're the one who's mad." I pointed out, not wanting to admit I was offended. 

"I know." He agrees scratching the back of his head, "I'm sorry." 

"Its fine." 

He smiled and hugged me but I pulled an Elliott and stood like a pole because in reality I was still upset, his apology was insincere, and I knew that this new revelation of him being sexist was going to put a major damper on things because it was a topic I felt strongly about. 

When he let go I wandered inside, no one was home yet since Logan was at soccer and Emma at her friends, I climbed up to my room and flopped onto my bed. 

I knew that things with West weren't going to last long, who was I kidding? We had absolutely nothing in common, there was nothing no connection, hell there wasn’t even a sexual attraction between us. 

Deciding to do the bichiest move I turned on my phone and composed a text to West. 

Hey, I don’t know how to put this but I would like to say is that what I'm going to tell you is not because of you, its me, we're just not compatible. I don’t think we should continued whatever it is we have going on. Have a nice night :) - Riley. 

I sent it feeling accomplished the smiley face softened the blow right?  

Deciding not to dwell more time on old new I buried myself under the covers. 

My pillow felt cold and lumpy,  

I repositioned myself but still it felt uncomfortable , sighing I settled for just laying on my back and staring up at the ceiling, the single star Elliott had taped to my ceiling still clung and I allowed myself for the first time since New York to think about the topic I had not let myself think about. 

Suddenly anger and bile were building up in me, I don't think I had ever experienced true hate until I heard those words tumble out of Elliott's mouth, the amount of hate I felt for Maureen was unreal. If I could kill her I would. 

She just didn’t deserve anything, I barely knew Elliott and I wondered about the parts I didn’t know. 

Who knows how fucked up he might be because of her? 

She might have changed a part of him that was perfect. 

But Ii knew that he was still perfect either way. 

I knew I had deep, deep feelings for Elliott and that scared the living shit out of me. 

A/N 

AHHHHGGGGG, IM SO MAD. 

I hope non of you have to cope with the nightmare that is anxiety. 

Anyways just a reminder it is E-L-L-I-O-T-T double L, double T. It makes a huge difference to me because I hate any spelling of the name if not like this... sorry. 

x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101 15 15
He was looking at me and heavily breathing. And then, before I could do something, he punched me to my face. I immediately felt a terrible pain and f...
5.6K 97 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
1K 110 46
"I do. I do believe you." He cuts me off. "I'm sorry for accusing you I just, I don't know. At the time I thought it made sense." "Don't apologise. I...
3.6K 100 16
(COMPLETE. SEQUEL COMING SOON) "But Chemistry is so confusing." I complained. "Not very." Séamus leaned over my textbook and whispered the third pas...