His Secret

By headintheclouds

August Price had grown up and was no longer the little girl too afraid to speak her mind and stand up for her... More

1: His Secret
2: His Secret
3: His Secret
4: His Secret
5: His Secret
6: His Secret
7: His Secret
8: His Secret - Family Tree
9: His Secret
10: His Secret
11: His Secret - Authors note
12: His Secret
13: His Secret
14: His Secret
15: His Secret
16: His Secret
17: His Secret
18: His Secret
19: His Secret
20: His Secret
21: His Secret
22: His Secret
23: His Secret
24: His Secret
25: His Secret
26: His Secret - Part 1
27: His Secret - Bonus Chapter
28: His Secret - Part 2
29: His Secret - Part 3
30: His Secret
31: His Secret
32: His Secret
33: His Secret
34: His Secret
36: His Secret
37: His Secret

35: His Secret

23.4K 552 167
By headintheclouds

Hello xx

Well the chapter is finally done and I could't be more happy. It has taken A LOT for me to write this but I missed the story and hated keeping you all waiting.

The big delay was life in general. I won't bore you with the details but work was getting me down and I had college to deal with. In the end there was just no time or energy to write anymore... until now :)

There are about two or three chapters to go(just an estimate) and then its the end of His Secret!!!

Thank you for being so patient with me and for not giving up on August, Grey and the rest of the gang xxx

Read and enjoy =-) x

Can I also give a MASSIVE thank you to Maya_2011!! She has undertaken the task of editing this story and has been amazing x

2012 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

Edited by Maya_2011

............................................................

I looked up at the heavy clouds that slowly begun to consume the sky and swallow the sun. It seemed almost ironic that God had cast his power over the sky above us to have it darken so that it represented the devastation that would soon fall upon us.

The crowd had dispersed under the king’s orders, leaving only a few of us to watch the final moments of either Jack or Guy. We all surrounded the pair on a small clearing in the woods away from human eyes and all I could think of was Grey’s warm embrace. I needed to hold him, to kiss his lips, to see his face instead of holding my crying baby sister and watch two people I cared about fight to the death.

My conscience was screaming in anger but the larger part of me ignored the voice of hatred because it had given up. In truth, I was exhausted and afraid. I had run out of ideas and I knew that sooner or later it would be either Jack or Guy lying dead on the ground.

I held Lizzie tighter and closed my eyes. Feeling the gentle wind caress my face, hearing the trees play in the breeze and inhaling the scent of sweet grass I calmed my pounding heart… wait I knew that smell. My eyes shot open and I inhaled deeply through my nose. I began to analyse every molecule that drifted through the air, my wolf stirred and pushed herself to the surface.

Grey was here.

My eyes shifted and I began to scan everything and everyone. I could feel his presence but none of my senses could pinpoint his location. Grey’s scent was light in the air and it tormented me as if it knew I would never find him now. The small yet noticeable trace of him stirred something deep within me. With every heartbeat my skin tingled with heat and electricity but what made me close my eyes and suppress a groan was the slight throb between my legs.

I had only been through the mating heat once before and that had been cut short thanks to the AH tablets. However right now within the five minutes I allowed myself to feel the exciting sensations I forgot about everything and everyone. After this was over I was going to throw away the tablets and allow Grey to throw water on the fire building inside of me.

I smiled and inhaled once more but found his scent no longer lingered. He was gone.

My eyes shot open, suppressing the anger and desperation for Grey I held on tighter to Lizzie. My heart ached for him and I suppressed tears that so desperately wanted to escapee. When this was all over I would find Grey and never let him go.

Why isn’t Grey with you now?

Guy is his friend, he should be here!

Questions and worries swirled in my mind reminding me not to forgive him so easily.  Doubt soon found me and I began to wonder if Grey really wanted me as a mate. Even though he hadn’t marked me didn’t mean he couldn’t feel my need for him. Inside I was practically screaming out his name and yet he didn’t come.

I then began to think back to all the times he made sure I kept our relationship a secret and our meetings where always away from wandering eyes. The doubts began to weigh heavily and for a moment I had to fight the urge to leave all this and just walk away.

Feeling Lizzie whisper my name was like a hand yanking me back down to earth. I shook myself out of my own coming depression and held Lizzie tighter.

“I’m ok”. It was a total lie but it was all I could give her because she had bigger things to worry about than me. 

The fire ebbed quietly inside of me as I focused on the scene in front of me.

Sobbing danced quickly in the wind. Guy’s mother was in pain as she clutched her husband and begged continually for it all to end. I couldn’t bear to look at her let alone hear her crying in desperation for her son’s safety. Her once beautiful hazel eyes were now swollen and stained with tears, her rich black hair knotted and wild. She was seeking comfort and protection from her mate and husband who held her all the more tighter. However even Richard, Guy’s father seemed to be struggling to maintain his human shape and not allow his wolf to rip any form of danger to shreds.

I stared at the King for a moment, hating him so much. Did he really have to put his honour and tradition above everything else? Did he not see the pain and suffering Guy’s decision to fight Jack was causing? One of them dying would solve nothing because there would still be someone with their heart shattered and world broken.

His Majesty spoke a few final words but I tuned him out not wanting to hear any more about tradition. Silently, I watched Jack and Guy eye each other but there was so much hatred flowing from Guy that it was almost suffocating.

Then, there was a final word from His Majesty and it began.

Even with Lycans eyes I was still shocked from the speed with which Jack and Guy shifted into their wolf form. Guy’s wolf was much larger compared to Jack with his body towering over him. The fur along his back was pure black but as it descended down it sides’ it’s colour morphed into grey.  Bright orange eyes glowed with anger and determination as he charged towards Jack.

Guy reared up on his hind legs, his body casting a shadow as he bared out his razor sharp teeth ready to sink into the back of Jack’s soft neck. However, as Jack was smaller he was also faster and he quickly rolled over safely away from Guy. They turned to face each other and once again, both wolves began to circle one another, tempting the other to attack first.

They were both the hunter and the prey.

Jack’s pure white fur had already been stained with mud and grass but it didn’t render his colour from being beautiful. There was not a single patch or spot on his fur, just white like the snow. Jack was light on his feet as he watched and prepared for Guy’s oncoming attack and sprang forward as Guy came towards him.

Teeth ripped into fur, nails tore at flesh until both wolves’ fur was stained in their own blood. Their anger amplified by the sound of their growls and barks. Guy and Jack scrambled at each other, both moving so quickly it was hard even for me to keep up.

Several times Guy had thrown Jack out of the circle forcing us to move back and widen the area. As Jack once again prepared to get right back up he cried out as Guy sunk his teeth into his front left paw, Lizzie screamed his name as she watched Guy circle his weakening opponent.

There was nothing but glee and satisfaction as Guy realised he had the moon goddess on his side.

I pulled Lizzie closer to my body as she screamed out for Jack and clawed to get free from my arms. For a single moment I was distracted by seeing the fear in Jack’s eyes and my mind asked me who did I want to see come through this? In that moment Lizzie pulled free and ran over to Jack just as Guy was about to tear out his throat.

A terrible cry filled the sky, and only after did I realise it was coming from me. Guy fell down onto his paws with a loud thump, his chest quickly rising and falling as he watched Lizzie lay herself down on Jack.

I ran towards them preparing to pull Lizzie away but one look from her and I knew she wasn’t going anywhere. “Lizzie come away the fight isn’t over”.

She shook her head, her eyes resting on Guy “I’m not letting this happen. If you want to kill Jack then you’re going to have to kill me too.”  Hearing these words Jack sprang to life and stood even though his leg was shredded and barely able to support his weight. He pushed himself in front of Lizzie and pressed his bloodied snout into her neck.

Even if it meant dying, Jack would do it to save Lizzie. That was what having a soul mate did to you.

Lizzie kissed his snout and smiled even though tears danced down her cheeks. “You silly boy. Do you really think I’m going to let you do this alone? If you go then I go because there is no place without you.”

Jack whined once more and licked her face before his body collapsed to the ground and we all watched his shape reform into his human self.

Paul knelt down and wrapped his coat around a bloodied Jack. He wanted to look strong for his little brother but even I could see the tear tracks on his cheeks.

Jack kissed Lizzie gently but there was a deep growl that brought everyone’s attention back to Guy who hadn’t shifted back. Jack clung to Lizzie and spoke, “Guy I’m sorry for what I have caused but please let’s end this!”

I don’t know what happened next but suddenly Guy was pouncing ready to kill whoever he came into contact with. I screamed at Lizzie who was still in the middle but with whatever strength he had left Jack shifted and sprang forwards digging and dragging his claws down Guys chest.

The sound was horrific as Guy howled in pain and his once powerful body fell to the ground, his own blood staining his fur.

For a moment no one moved as if we weren’t sure what we had just see was real. Paul moved first towards his brother, making sure he was alright but Lizzie was the first to scream Guy’s name and go to his aid.

“Oh my God please don’t die.” Lizzie pleaded with Guy who had now shifted back into his human form. His skin glistened with sweat and mud that quickly began to mix with the deep flesh wound in his chest and stomach. 

She kissed his cheek and cried for him to be alright but Guy’s mother yanked her off and held her son as he lay on the ground. She was screaming his name and crying for him to be alright but we could all see that his death was approaching.

I stood frozen as his eyes met mine and he signalled me towards him. On weak legs I stepped forward and collapsed onto my knees. Guy was gasping and blood seemed to be everywhere but still he signalled for me to come closer. I leaned my head down and placed my ear just above his bloodied lips.

His warm shaking breath washed over my ear as he spoke, “August he… lying. Something... much bigger.”

I pulled away from his face and looked at him in confusion. “What do you mean? Is it Grey?" 

Before I could get another response I was ripped away from Guy as Rebecca flung herself over her son. Lizzie was pulled back by Jack as he held and calmed her dreadful sobs and screams.

I stood above the scene with blood splattered over my dress and the red staining my hands. Blood gurgled in Guys mouth as he began to struggle with the simple task of breathing. My eyes drifted down to the tear in his chest that extended down to his stomach and I felt sickness churn in my stomach. Blood oozed from the wound and each intake of breath caused the flesh to move and sputter out more blood.

Guy was dying slowly and painfully.  Watching while unable to do anything was gradually eating me alive.

Rebecca clutched her son desperately as if she was willing her life energy to drain out from her and into him.  Tears and silent pleas began to fill the day as we all watched a friend die in his mother’s and father’s arms.

“Why isn’t he healing? WHY?” Rebecca’s voice suddenly screamed out and without realising I leaned in closer knowing I could help her slightly.

 “Mrs Stone I’m so sorry but the wound is too deep for it to heal.” I tried to keep my voice strong and calm for her but even my words wobbled with tears that I refused to shed. I knew that if I cried then it would only make this so much harder for her.

I also knew deep down that if I cried then I would break.

Rebecca’s face was red and stained as she turned to look at me. It was painful to see the heartbreak so clear in her eyes. Tears spilled from her eyes and her once perfect posture was weak and tired. “He has Royal blood he should heal…” She turned her head back to look at Guy and gently stroked the stray hair away from his face.

I saw peace settle on Guy’s face from his mother’s touch. “He’s my son, I cannot lose him.”

I gripped her shoulder feeling her body shake with painful sobs. “Guy was brave and died with the honour he wanted and deserved.”

Guy jolted from another wave of pain and I knew he didn’t have much time left. “Rebecca let him go.”

She shook her head and cried harder. “I can’t.”

“Let him leave knowing you love him. Guy needs you now…” I looked up at his father, “both of you more than ever”.

I stroked her arm and released it as she bent down and kissed Guy’s clammy forehead. Against his skin she whispered how much she loved him and how she was going to miss him. As both parents bid their son a goodbye we all watched Guy close his eyes.

He was gone.

The impact of his death hit us all hard and even though I had watched the life drain from him I still expected him to open his eyes and be okay again. Guy was strong and confident so watching all his life and energy just vanish was hard to see.

The tears finally broke free and I stood up to be encased in tight hug from Kiera. Paul watched from where he was crouched next to his brother and smiled as he caught my eyes. I didn’t respond to Paul but instead closed my eyes and tightly held onto Kiera. She was also crying and together we cried until there was nothing left.

Time didn’t seem to matter anymore as we watched professionals called in by the king to come and collect Guy’s body to be prepared for his funeral.  There would be no questions or trials from the human law.

And once more it hit me... Guy was gone. 

Lizzie tried to speak to Guy’s parents but they made it perfectly clear that they wanted nothing to do her with, and the sad thing was that Lizzie didn’t put up much of a fight because she agreed she deserved their hate.

Guy’s last words to me came flooding through my mind and they brought on a sudden headache that began to thump constantly inside my skull. I rubbed my temples but the pain didn’t ease.

“August what’s wrong?”

I looked at Kiera and found that nearly everyone was looking at me. Did they all expect me to say something to make this situation easier? Lizzie moved from Jack’s side and I knew she wanted some sort of comfort from me but I couldn’t offer any more.

I began to tremble and suddenly the world felt like it was closing in. I couldn’t breathe or think about anything other than the need to escape.

I shook my head and slowly backed away. “I’m fine just please… leave me alone.”

I turned to leave but Lizzie called out to me. “Where are you going?”

“I’m sorry Lizzie but I just need space.” And before anymore could be said I picked up my dress and ran through the woods.

Trees flew past me as my muscles began to burn with the speed I was running at. My dress roughly dragged against the ground picking up mud and my once perfect hair moved violently in the wind.

I held of the burning transformation knowing it would be hard to shift back from being filled with so many emotions. Being in my wolf form would take the pain away but a part of me knew that once I changed I wouldn't go back.

I could still see Guys cold face drained of life and the image dragged burning tears from my eyes. However out of no where my father appeared and my mind began to drift to memories of my child-hood.

“I know life seems hard now but things will get better.” Tears angrily poured from my eyes as I desperately clung to my dad. School had been awful; Rachel had told everyone that if anyone touched me they would get ‘ill’ so I spent the whole day with people flinching whenever I came near them. I couldn’t even show anyone my new lunch box because no one wanted to be my friend.

“I hate them all daddy.”

He sighed and held me closer. “You can’t hate people who don’t know you sweetheart.”

“Everyone in the pack picks on me and now the humans do, so I hate them all. “Daddy softly brushed the hair away from my face and smiled gently but there was also seriousness in his tone as he spoke. “What Rachel did was mean and childish but if you let them push you down then you need to get back up.”

I sniffled. “What do you mean?”

“Their mean words only hurt you if you allow them too. You’re so strong, stronger than you realise and you have to make them see that.”

I pondered what he said before a smile broke out on my face. “They will leave me alone if I’m brave and strong?”

He nodded. “They are going to test you my princess but you have to show them you are super strong. Be the bright shining light that I know you are.”

His smile made everything bad seem good and then suddenly his hands began to tickle my tummy and as I laughed away my tears I forgot all about Rachel and school.

“August!” I skidded to a sudden halt and my heart stopped when I saw Grey standing alone in the middle of a clearing. He was wearing a plain black suit with a tie and his top button undone and the wind had swept through his hair but he still looked beautiful.

Grey’s soft blue eyes grew concerned when he saw the blood and he instantly ran towards me, his hands running over my body checking for injuries. Even though his actions were from worry his touch began to ignite a hot blazing fire in me and the more he touched me the more it blazed.

Once Grey was sure I wasn’t injured his arms encased me in tight and loving hug. I held Grey impossibly close to me, not wanting or allowing any gaps between our bodies. After taking my fill of his beautiful scent of man and aftershave, I pulled back from his neck and attacked his lips with mine.

I groaned from the smoothness and taste of his lips. I had never wanted someone or something as much as I did Grey. He was the only good thing left for me in this world and I wasn’t about to let him go. I had watched the life drain out of Guy and stood by unable to help a broken mother and father, but now with Grey I could be strong.

Grey pulled away. “August are you…” I didn’t allow him to finish. Instead I moved my lips back onto his and kissed him with everything I had to offer.

Grey’s large warm hands encased my waist and turned me around so that my back came smashing up against the trunk of a tree. The rough pattern of the bark scratched at my back but I was too alive from Grey’s kiss to feel any pain.

I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him even closer to my body. Gaps weren’t an option and now that I had him in my arms I wasn’t going to let go. Our kiss turned almost desperate, our lips moving together hard enough to bruise and our hands sweeping across each other’s bodies. My tongue danced with his before I sought out every corner of his mouth determined to bury them in my memory.

I moaned in delight and happiness. My senses were in over-load, all I could taste and feel was Grey and I swore to myself that I was going to make sure he became mine. All mine.

Lust and love clouded every rational thought as I kissed Grey. There would be no more secrets and lies because I wanted the whole world to know Grey Masters was my soul mate and that no one was going to take him away from me.

Fire scorched my skin. Need was burning deep within my soul adding to my wolf’s battle to be with her mate, to feel every inch of him. The possessiveness I felt for Grey scared me but when he pulled away from my lips and began to spread his hot kisses down my neck, I welcomed the feeling.

My hands quickly moved down to his belt buckle but before I could get his treasure free Grey caught my hands and pulled away. “August no!”

The burning fire and torturous ache that had bloomed down below ignored him and ripped away his hands to once again undo his belt. I was desperate and hungry for him, my body sweating and yearning for the release Grey could bring me. I began to whimper as once again his hands stopped mine, I needed to feel his naked skin pressed against mine.

I was so hot and I ached all over and what I didn’t understand was why Grey didn’t want to take my pain away?

“Grey please… I need you!” The words came out as panting and I knew once I had a clear head I would look back on this moment with red cheeks but right now I couldn’t care how desperate I sounded.

Grey tightly gripped both my hands in one tight grasp. “I’m going to give you something to take the pain away.”

I knew he was speaking but my brain could barely register the words leaving his mouth. My blood was pumping fast and my heart was dancing to its own tune and all I needed was him. “August are you listening to me? I’m going to take the pain away.”

My heart leapt at those words. “Then let me take your pants off!”

“No just…” He placed both of my hands into his left while with his right hand he retrieved something out of his pocket. I tugged sharply at his grip; if he wasn’t going to get naked then I would gladly take mine off and show him exactly where I needed him most.

Suddenly my mouth was pried open and a cold tangy substance was sprayed across my tongue. I closed my mouth and gagged at the taste, but I couldn’t think about it or anything else, my whole world just seemed so slow down.

Grey released my hands and I allowed them to fall limply to my sides. My eyes fell away from his beautiful face towards the grass as I felt my once frantic heartbeat slow down its pace and return to normal.  The blood rushing through my system calmed along with my temperature, no longer burning my own skin. Eventually I sighed from relief as the needing ache disappeared as if it never existed.

Through the silence, I hadn’t moved an inch feeling one hundred percent humiliated. I had thrown myself at Grey like some desperate slut but the worst part was that I also felt upset from being turned down by him.

“What was that?” The words that left my mouth were barely a whisper as I didn’t have the energy to speak.

“AH tablets in liquid form. It’s easier to use and works much faster… very expensive though.” Grey spoke clearly and it annoyed me to see him still so calm. Hadn’t he been feeling the same way I had moments before? Even with the AH liquid in my system I still needed him.

The conflicting emotions filling every inch of me were unbearable and soon enough tears flew down my cheeks.

Feeling ashamed I turned away from Grey, not wanting him to see me weak but he stopped my movements by tightly gripping my shoulders. “Please don’t cry August. I can’t bear to see you cry.”

I shamelessly began to cry even harder as I saw the heartbroken look in his eyes. I loved him so much but there was something between us that I just couldn’t put my finger on. I wanted to kiss him, hold him and never let him go but Grey seemed almost unsure about everything.

Grey pulled me into his body’s warmth and protection, his arms hiding me from the rest of the world. I purred as his heat and scent enveloped me and the urge to snuggle up to him like a puppy was almost too hard to resist.

“Angel,” he sighed before continuing. “There are things I have to tell you but I need you to stop crying and listen before anything else happens.”

His words poured icy cold water over my emotions and suddenly something in me snapped and I remembered that I had some things to say and questions to ask. It was my turn.

Before I could stop myself I pulled away from Grey’s safe arms and took a few steps back, needing the extra breathing room. I quickly wiped away my tears and stood hard and strong ready for anything. “No, you listen Grey! Where were you when I had to watch two of my friends fight to the death? Why weren’t you holding me when I had to watch Guy die and his mother scream in pain?”

I could see the guilt and shame drown Grey. His eyes dimmed slightly and his body hunched. “I’m so sorry about that August but you have to believe me that I love you and…”

“No! You don’t get to say that to me and expect everything to be ok! I love you Grey, so much, but there is something about you that I can’t put my finger on.”

Panic. I could see the emotion clearly sweep across his face and his fingers began to constantly fidget, the pads rubbing together in circular motions. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know but I can feel it. You hardly talk about yourself and when I ask you questions about your past you just divert on to other things. I haven’t seen your house and you don’t want to come to mine and every date and kiss is in secret like you’re ashamed of me.”

Grey quickly moved towards me and grasped my face in his hands. “Don’t you ever say that again!” Anger coated his words but as I looked into his sea blue eyes I could see his pain and guilt. His forehead creased with worry and lips slightly pursed as he waited for me to speak.

I leaned further into his touch and finally spoke, “then why are you hiding something from me?”

He opened his mouth to speak but I go started first. “Don’t Grey; please don’t lie to me anymore. You have a secret and I chose to ignore it and I never once had any doubts even though some people gave me reason too… but now I have doubts and they are weighing me down and…” the tears came again and it was suddenly hard to speak. Grey was so close and his hands were soft upon my cheeks and as much as I loved him I still needed him to tell me the truth.

“Please Grey tell me!”

Grey’s lips descended upon mine and when the skin of his lips touched mine I was lost. For the few moments that we kissed I forgot about everything.  I forgot about my family, Guy’s death, my fears and worries… nothing mattered anymore. 

Grey soon pulled away and my wolf whined in sadness. “August when I first laid eyes on you I knew you were special. You made my heart sing and for the first time in my entire life something mattered. I was so sure you were my mate but when I saw you glowing under the moonlight there was no ‘maybe’ there was only you, my soul mate.” Grey spoke so softly and I cried gently at his words.

He ran his thumb over my lip and I trembled with desire and love. “But there is something I should have told you a long time ago. I wanted to tell you so many times but I was afraid”.

I gulped and felt him tremble against me. Grey moved his left hand to my waist but kept his right on my cheek and continually stroked the soft skin.  “What is it Grey?” I asked but truth be told, I didn’t want to know. Grey looked so pained that I wanted to take everything I said back.

“Things are going to change August but you have to know that you will be safe. Everything we have worked for is going to make our lives so much better.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Something that you shouldn’t be hearing from him!” Rachel’s sudden voice was like a knife cutting through safety net that had encased me and Grey. I had forgotten about the time and where we were, but now, Rachel had brought me back to reality.  

I spun out of Grey’s arms and faced a smiling Rachel. She was still dressed in her bridesmaid outfit, but her hair had been released of any clips and danced lightly about her shoulder.

“Your being a very naughty boy Grey. Have you forgotten the rules?” Her voice was dark and rich and it made me shiver involuntarily, but the panic soon set in as I realised what she had just said. I looked back at Grey. “What is she talking about? How does she know you?”

“Listen August…”

“No Grey, your time is up. Everything we have worked for will soon be ours and Master is going to be so pleased.” Her pink lips curved into a wicked smile and I had to step back from the two people that had become strangers to me.

I was shaking and my eyes begged Grey for answers. “What is going on?”

Rachel began to approach me. “Sorry little sister but the final stage is fast approaching and Master needs to speak with you.”.

I backed away from her and whenRachel’s hand closed around arm I growled, hating the feeling of being a trapped animal. I ripped her arm away “don’t touch me”.

Rachel sighed. “Fine if it’s not me then you have the pleasure of going with them.”

I turned towards the sound of approaching footsteps and my skin began to heat as I prepared to shift. Out of the trees came three large grey wolves and three men dressed in black military uniform. They all looked strong and ready to kill but I wasn’t about to let them take me.

As I began to eye up the wolves and men deciding who would be best to attack first, Grey moved towards me and I relaxed knowing he was coming to save me. When he reached me his head dipped and he kissed me hard on lips, before I could fully enjoy the sensations he was again awakening, there was a sudden cold pinch on my arm.

I pulled away from Grey and his lips and pulled my arm to my chest. I stared in utter horror and betrayal at Grey and fought the liquid feel that began to take over my body. The world started to turn black and before I surrendered to the fast approaching emptiness I heard Grey speak, “it’s okay August. Everything is going to be okay.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 635 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
389 22 18
After her sister died she was forced to grow up. To prepare for a title she never wanted and fulfill the expectations of her pack. As much as Samanth...
276K 13.1K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...