Breaking For You *|A Niam Fan...

Par Belle33_NIAMshipper

He watches him. And every time he does, his heart does a little leap. He looks away, hoping he didn't notice... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 1: Strange Feelings
Chapter 2: What Are You Talking About?!
Chapter 3: My Little Snowflake
Chapter 4: Silence Is Sometimes A Good Thing
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: It's A Start, At Least
Chapter 7: Some Saving Needed While Complications Arise
Chapter 8: I Guess I'm Happy For You (Some Larry)
Chapter 9: At Least I Got It
Chapter 10: A Mistake?
Chapter 11: All Touchy-Feely (Larry)
Chapter 12: Tear-Stained Lips
Chapter 13: So Sick Of It
Chapter 14: I'd Never Let You Go
Chapter 15: You what?
Chapter 16: I Love You, Too
Chapter 17: You're Beautiful
Chapter 18: Carnival Fun (Part 1)
Chapter 19: Carnival Fun (Part 2)
Chapter 20: Carnival Fun (Part 3)
Chapter 21: I Won't Give Up
Chapter 22: Cupcakes With Icing On Top...This Should Be Fun
Chapter 23: All Tingly Inside
Chapter 24: You Just Don't Understand
Chapter 25: F**k You, Louis
Chapter 26: I'm. Not. Jealous.
Chapter 27: What The Bloody Hell?! (Some Larry)
Chapter 28: I'm Yours
Chapter 29: This Aching Feeling
Chapter 30: Same Mistakes
Chapter 32: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 33: He's Torn
Chapter 34: Far from alright
Chapter 35: Delusional
Chapter 36: The Ice-Breaker
Chapter 37: Simply Niam
Chapter 38: Unexpected
Chapter 39: Anything But Normal
Chapter 40: We Have Each Other
Chapter 41: I See Life In You
Chapter 42: Something Good
Chapter 43: Home Is With You
Chapter 44: Pancakes, Oatmeal, And a Muzzle
Chapter 45: I'll Give You All My Love (Some Larry)
Chapter 46: Nice? More Like Amazing
Chapter 47: Three Little Words
Epilogue

Chapter 31: So. Much. Confusion.

13K 201 51
Par Belle33_NIAMshipper

It's been a while since I've update....I'm SORRY!!!! I feel bad...but here's chapter 31 and I hope you enjoy!!! :))

Please comment and vote!

Thanks! :))

 __________________________________________________________________________

Recap

Brayden’s POV

"It's alright, Ni. Talk to me, okay? Don't cry, it's going to be alright. I'm gonna come and get you and bring you back to my house. Does that sound okay?" I said into the phone tenderly. Hearing Niall cry didn't seem right. A person like him shouldn't cry because...well, he's just so fragile and it seems wrong and terrible that he should cry.

"O-okay. Thank you, Brayden." He whispered before hanging up. I sighed and snapped my phone shut before starting my car and backing into the road. I started to drive like a madman down he road but I didn't care.

All that mattered was getting to Niall.

End of Recap

 ** ** **

Liam's POV

"You mean the world to me." I murmured into his hair. A stuttering sigh left between his soft lips before he brought those baby blue eyes up to look at me.

"I-I do?" He whispered, a tint of pink covering his cheeks. I grinned softly at him before reaching down and kiss each, causing them to turn a shade darker. He hummed in content as I placed another kiss below his ear.

"Of course you do." I said to him, tenderly. I brought my eyes back to look into his, hoping he could see the love I had for him in my own. He smiled at me, his beautiful smile, and that was all I needed to reach down and press our lips together. Though, before I could kiss him, seal my love with a kiss, a loud roar shoved us apart.  I fell back onto my bum and I looked over to see three things standing between me and Niall.

Kale, Brayden, and Zayn.

I quickly jumped up and snarled at them. "Get the fuck out of my way."

I had expected either Kale or Brayden to retort back. Not Zayn. Sure, we haven't exactly been on good terms lately but you'd think he'd at least have enough heart to stop hurting two of his best mates.

He laughed coldly. "How about no, ye bastard?"

The next thing I knew, I found myself being pinned down by the other two. I thrashed violently against their hold but it was futile. I helplessly watched as Zayn winked tauntingly at me before going over towards Niall and standing in front of him.

A flare of rage went through me when Zayn reached out and ran his finger lightly across Niall's cheek. Niall wasn't watching him though. His eyes were glued onto mine and were filled with fear and sadness. I began to thrash wildly again when the instant look that flashed through his eyes stopped me.

A look of glee appeared on his face and he smiled happily at Zayn when he wrapped an arm around him. Both of them turned to look at me then; the same emotions in each of their eyes. Hatred and amusement. I felt my heart lurch when Niall turned his eyes over to Zayn and whispered sweetly to him.

"It was you. Always you." He said to him before reaching up and pressing their lips together. A small cry left my lips and I realized that, even though their were no arms holding me down, my pain and grief held me this time.

"....Niall..." I sobbed quietly.

I shot up in my bed gasping loudly while clutching a hand to my chest. My breathing came in short gasps as I struggled to regain my body from shaking. I drew in  a shaky breath and clutched tighter at the spot, willing my racing heart to calm down. My body felt ice cold, shivering uncontrollably at the light sheen of sweat that coated me.

After a few moments of sitting like that, my heart finally calmed down a bit and I blinked a few times to study my surroundings. My bedroom was pitch black except for the crack of light under the door that came from the hallway. I looked down at my hands and noticed that both were now clutching the sheets furiously. My legs were tangled within the blanket and I sighed before bringing my eyes over towards the window.

From the way the window was soaked with water and the loud crackle of thunder that shook the sky, it was obvious it was pouring out. I bit my lip and let out a sigh,watching the trickles of rain beat mercilessly against the glass.

My mind wandered back to the dream and everything in me tensed up. I narrowed my eyes and tried my best to get the image of Zayn and Niall lip-locked out of my head.

"What the hell...?" I muttered, grabbing furiously at a clump of my hair. I was about to lay back down to think why the fuck I would dream something like that when a faint yell from downstairs caught my attention. I grunted as I pushed myself up and off the bed to stand up.

A slight hissing sound came from between my lips once I realized just how cold the floor was. I was barefoot so it didn't feel too good. I ran a hand down my face in order to get rid of the sleepiness when I noticed my face was wet as well. I'd been crying again. In my sleep.

I scowled before going over and yanking the door open. At the moment, I didn't really care how I looked. All I cared about was finding out the reason behind my dream and the annoying yelling coming from the living room.

I stepped down the stairs and that's when I was able to understand what was being said. Confusion covered me when I listened to the words of anger that Louis and Harry threw at each other.

"I'm irritating. Just listen to yourself, Harry. You think you know everything because you're Harry Styles. So clever, now aren't ye? Well I'm getting tired of it!" Louis growled.

"--Mates?" I heard Zayn say. Though Louis and Harry only ignored him.

"Oh? And you don't think I'm tired of your immaturity? Grow up, ye bastard. You don't have the fucking right to say that!" Harry screamed at him. I finally hit the bottom step and I was able to see Louis and Harry standing face-to-face getting ready to lunge at one another when Zayn stopped them.

"We kissed, alright! Me and Niall kissed and that's why he was so upset!" He confessed.

 My entire body froze as a violent torrent of shock pushed at me. I had to catch myself so I wouldn't fall back from it. I held onto to the wall as I watched Zayn, not believing what he just said. A few words were exchanged between the three and I could see the the earlier tension between Louis and Harry had dissapeard once Zayn told him.

I didn't care though. I didn't care at all about anything other than what Zayn said. My mind grew foggy back on when Niall and me were in the bathroom. When Zayn had interrupted us and I had left...what had happened when I left? A wave of nausea hit me at the thought of what could have happened.

Zayn shutting the door the moment I walked out. Him looking over at Niall with a mischevious smile before pushing him up against the wall. The two of them grabbing furiously for one another, trying to get as much friction as possible. A small moan coming from Niall as Zayn pressed harder up against him...a moan only I wanted to be able to cause him to make.

The moment I opened my eyes...I snapped. Anger, jealousy, betrayal, hurt. All those emotions swallowed me whole as I opened my mouth and spoke without thinking.

"You kissed?" I whispered. Even from here, I could see all three of them tense up from my voice. They all brought their eyes to look at me but I only had my eyes set on Zayn. He flinched when he noticed my gaze and I stood like that. Keeping my eyes on him, wondering what to do, when a sudden twist inside of me jerked. A new feeling rose up within me and I narrowed my eyes dangerously at my supposed 'friend'.

Hate. I had never hated Zayn before. Never in my life...

Until now.

I lunged at him without a second thought and shoved him violently to the floor. I brought my fist back multiple times and smashed it onto every part of his body I could reach. He was shocked for a moment before he began to fight back. It didn't' matter though. I was stronger than him and I took that to my advantage.

His face began to bleed from his split lip and a few large bruises were visible on his cheeks and eye. I didn't stop. I couldn't. Not with the anger and hurt that twisted furiously inside me. I had to let this out and Zayn was going to pay for it.

"You fucking bastard! How could you?! Why can't you just STOP and leave us!! I fucking HATE YOU!!' I roared at him, continuing to fist him angrily. That's when I felt two pairs of arms grab hold of me and yank me off of him. My mind went back to similar actions that happened in my dream and I thrashed violently.

"Hold him DOWN, Harry!!" I heard Louis shout above me. A hand clamped painfully around my upper bicep and I let out a growl before shoving them both away. It wasn't until I felt tears streaking my face that I stopped and fell to the ground. I buried my hands in my face and felt myself began to shake uncontrollably. I didn't care that they were watching me. I didn't care that I looked weak. I didn't care, I didn't care.

I let out a sob and brought my eyes up to look at Zayn. He was struggling to stand up, seeing as I had just beat the shit out of him, and I snarled weakly at him.

"Why? You have Danielle s-so why do you k-keep doing this...?" I whimpered, more tears falling over. A look of guilt and sadness went across his face and he tried to speak when a spittle of blood slid down his chin. Louis cursed and held him up as Zayn began to slip into unconciousness.

"I-I'm sorry...." He whispered before blacking out. I let out another sob and buried my face into my hands, feeling someone wrap their arms around me. I looked up to see Harry looking at me in grief and he wiped a strand of hair from my eyes.

"W-where is he?" I asked, feeling my heart squeeze. Even though Niall might not still want me...I still loved him and I was going to make sure he was alright. Harry bit his lip and looked at Louis who was struggling to set Zayn onto the couch.

"He...erm....he left, Liam. He was really upset and he...left.' Harry murmured, clutching me tighter against him. My eyes widened and I grabbed at his arm, squeezing hard. Harry winced but gave me a soft smile.

"What is it?" He asked. I swallowed, trying to get rid of the thick coating of tears in my throat.

"Y-your phone," I croaked, "give me your phone." Harry quickly fished into his pocket for his phone and pulled it out before handing it to me. I speedily dialed in Niall's number and pressed the phone up to my ear, all the while looking at Harry while he watched me curiously.

When the fourth ring passed, I felt my agitation rise and was about to scream out in frustraion when I heard the other line pick up.

"H-hello...?" A small voice said into the phone. My heart beat achingly at the sound of his voice and I breathed in relief.

"Niall, it's Liam. Where...where are you?" I bit my lip and waited for his answer. A few seconds passed when he finally replied.

"Li-Liam? You're calling me? B-but...why? Aren't you m-mad?" He stuttered shakily. I drew in a breath of air and shook my head even though he couldn't see me.

"No...just...where are you, Niall?" I whispered this time. Niall let out a breath of air and breathed quietly into the phone.

"I'm at Brayden's...I'm....I'm so sorry, Liam. Fuck...please don't hate me. I don't know what got into me and--"

"Niall, shh, love. It's alright. I could never hate you. I love you...I love you and I always will. Tell me where Brayden lives and I'll come get you. I...I need you, Niall." I told him gently. A sniff on the other end made my heart lurch again and he spoke.

"I love you too....so much. He lives on...8th street down the highway at the apartments." He told me before the line went dead. I sighed and handed the phone back to Harry who was still watching me. I smiled at him before standing up and going over to grab one of the coats off the rack. Louis and Harry both watched me in curiousity.

"Where are you going?" Louis asked.

I looked at him. "I'm going to get my boyfriend back."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Niall's POV

"I love you too....so much. He lives on...8th street down the highway at the apartments." I murmured before ending the call. I blew out a shaky breath before leaning my head back against the couch. I looked up to see Brayden coming over with two cups of tea. He sat down next to me and handed me a cup. I gratefully took it and brought it to my lips, savoring the warmth.

"Was that Liam?" Brayden asked. I looked over at him and saw the concern and curiousity in his eyes. I nodded at him and the concern left before it was replaced with relief.

"He's coming to take me home." I said before taking another sip. Brayden gave me a small smile before taking a sip of his own tea. It was quiet for a few moments when I spoke.

"Thank you..." I whispered, smiling gently at him. He let out a small chuckle and shrugged.

"No problem. If you ever need anything just call, okay?" He gave me a soft look and I nodded at him. He smiled again and took another sip as I watched him. There was something different about Brayden, something that I didn't notice in most people. It was a good thing. I could tell we were going to be good friends.

He looked up to find me staring at him and grinned. "What?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I was just thinking about how kind you are. I'm glad I can call you my friend, Brayden."

A slight blush made its way up his cheeks and he looked down at the ground shyly. "Ha...um thanks, Niall. That means a lot." I chuckled lightly at his reaction and he looked up at me.

"You're blushing. Why is that?" I asked him in amusement. He blushed darker and shrugged again.

"Sorry...it's just....no one has ever really said that to me and I guess...it's kinda new." He whispered, his eyes staying trained onto the ground.

I gazed at him curiously. "Why did you move here? To England, I mean."

A small sigh left his lips and I couldn't help but feel guilty for asking him that. It was probably a personal question.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ask--"

"No. No, it's okay. Most people who hear my American accent ask the same thing and I guess it's just because..." He thought for a moment.

"It's because...things were bad at home and I decided to come live here with my cousin to start off a new life. Kale's always been good to me so when he offered to let me stay with him...I said yes." He told me, looking out the window. His eyes scrunched up and I could tell he was trying to hold back tears. His knuckles were now turning white from how hard he was clutching his cup.

I froze once the words left his lips. "You mean...you live with Kale? Here?"

Brayden brought his eyes back to look at me, surprised at bit at my tone. "Um...yeah. Actually he should be getting home by now. His shift ends at four."

I swallowed thickly. "E-erm...where's the lou?" I asked randomly. Brayden gave me a curious look and pointed down the hallway. He was probably wondering towards my strange attitude but I only smiled at him and set my tea down onto the coffee table before running to the bathroom.

Once I stepped inside it, I shut the door hastily and bit my lip roughly. Kale lived here. With Brayden. Oh fuckin' hell. Did Brayden not know what a terrible person his cousin was?

He did say that Kale has always been good to him so he must not know. I thought to myself. Every time Brayden spoke about his cousin his eyes always light up as if he's the greatest person ever. He mentioned that things back in America were bad...maybe his family abused him.

I felt sadness overwhelm me. Poor Brayden.

Not only did he might have had an abusive and neglecting family back at home...his only family here--Kale--was also lying to him about who he really was. That was just...terrible.

I ran a hand through my hair as all these thoughts ran through my mind. How could people be like that to someone as sweet as him? It wasn't right. I closed my eyes for a moment, breathing calmly, when I heard the front door to the apartment open and a familiar voice speak.

"Hey there, how was your day?" Kale said happily. I heard a light laugh come from Brayden and I took the courage to open the door slightly and peek my head out. I saw Kale running a playful hand through his cousin's hair and Brayden was smacking at his hand.

"Hey come on! I spent forever fixing my hair, bro!" Brayden laughed louder when Kale tackled him into a bear hug and messed his hair up more. What the hell?

"But I love you, Bray! I can't get a hug?" Kale joked, squeezing Brayden. A couple more laughs came from the two before they finally pulled apart. I watched in shock as Kale smiled sweetly down at his cousin and ruffled his hair again.

"Seriously, kid. How was your day? Oh, and here." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out an envelope before handing it to Brayden.

"What's this? And my day was great, actually. I have a friend over, if you don't mind." Brayden told him. I felt my heart leap and I cursed mentally. I couldn't let Kale see me...or Liam for that matter. Liam was going to come over and--

"Hey Niall, when you're done I want you to meet my cousin!" Brayden exclaimed happily. I let out rough breath, knowing I had no choice but to come out. I slipped from the bathroom and headed straight towards Brayden, making sure to stand as close to him as possible in case Kale did something. He genuinely seemed to love and care for Brayden so I knew he wouldn't hurt him.

Kale had his back turned as he spoke. "Niall, huh? Cool name. So where's he fro--"

He hesitated when he turned around and layed his eyes on me. I felt my breath hitch and I tried my best not to show any fear. Brayden gave the both of us a curious look.

"This is Niall, Kale. Niall, this is my cousin, Kale." He introduced us. Kale studied me for a moment and for that moment, I could feel my heart beating harder with anxiety. After a minute, a large smile came across Kale's face and in less than a second he wrapped me in a friendly hug. Shocked, I hugged him back and he gave me a light squeeze before pulling back.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Niall Any friend of Bray's is a friend of mine." He smiled softly at me and I swear it felt as if I were being choked. Was he bipolar or something?

So. Much. Confusion.

"Erm...it's n-nice to meet you, t-too." I forced out. Brayden smiled at the two of us and Kale laughed a belly laugh. It was a funny sound but also pretty...care-free.

Fuck. I didn't understand anything at this point.

"Irish huh? Even cooler." Kale said before turning back around and fixing whatever papers he had on the table. I watched him for a moment and was about to say something when the doorbell rang through the apartment. My entire body froze again and I watched as Brayden headed towards the door.

Liam was here.

__________________________________________________________________________

 There you guys go. Sorry again for taking forever to update :)) but hey, I'm at least updating, right?

haha please vote, comment, and enjoy! :D

♥♥♥Lots of love♥♥♥

October 11, 2012

Continuer la Lecture