The Brothers' Mission[Sequel]...

By cbfwrites

•••Do read 'The Brothers' Desire' first to understand where this story is picking up from••• After an ambush... More

Copyright
Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Not a chapter

Chapter Twenty Seven

5.7K 130 16
By cbfwrites

Amaris

As children, we are taught that it is rude to stare. We still do it. We even try hard not to, but inevitably, our eyes go back to what we shouldn't be staring at. That's what my eyes keep doing as I sit on the edge of the pool, my towel wrapped securely around my body, and my feet dangling in the warm water.

Anna is carefree and enjoying every moment of our time outdoors. I'm happy for her. But I'm uneasy. There's at least a dozen guards out here, and Felix is sitting at a table glaring at me while he drinks glass after glass of some dark liquor. I'm not sure what I did from the time it took to walk from Anna's room to the pool, but he's been pissed looking ever since her first cannon ball in.

A splash of water lands on my chin and chest, jolting my attention to Anna again. "Amaris, won't you get in with me? It's so warm and relaxing!" She's not lying. It is warm. I'm sure it would be relaxing; if I could relax here. No way could I let myself relax though. Not here. Ever. My guard needs to always be up.

Lifting a shoulder, I give her half a smile. "I can't swim with my contacts in. I'd lose them and I don't have anymore." I hope the excuse is enough. I don't feel like having my ass on display for everyone.

She twists her lips. "Nonsense. Vlad will get you more. Won't he, Felix?" She turned and swam toward her brother. When she neared the edge of the pool closest to him, she brought back both her arms. I knew what she was planning to do before she did it. It's a bad idea. He's sitting there in his fancy little suit. And he's easily three sheets to the wind. His hair has become unruly and that perfect suit of his is now unkempt, but pool water splashing his way is going to get her, and probably me, in trouble.

"Anna, wait-" and she did it. The amount of water she flung at him was impressive. She has been drinking too much. No way she would've done that sober, brother or not.

Felix glared at her. She raised her hands to her mouth as a fit of giggles burst free. A string of Russian flew from his mouth as he rose from his chair and pointed at her. He looked like a sewer rat. His hair was plastered to his forehead and hanging in his eyes, and his suit looked like absolute shit. The squeals of laughter increased in volume and I became horrified as I realized I, too, was laughing.

Felix raked a hand violently through his saturated hair and leveled his glare on me. He turned and spoke to Malik before storming off. If I ever dodged a bullet, I'd say it was now. Unless he's waiting to beat my ass later.

"Wasn't that exciting!" Anna splashed water at me and then towards Malik and every guard she could reach. She hopped out of the pool and grabbed a bottle of vodka. She flopped down next to me and took a swig before offering the bottle to me. I shook my head and pushed it back toward her. She shrugged and took several more gulps. We both glanced over at Malik, noticing he was taking off his wet suit.

Jesus.

I looked away, but Anna nudged my ribs with her elbow. A bit hard at that.

"Damn, that hurt, what was that for?" I rubbed at the sore spot for a moment and took her in. Her eyes were so bloodshot and glazed over, and she swayed as she sat. She doesn't need to drink anything else nor go back in the pool. "Maybe you should quit drinking for a while." I reach for the bottle, but she pops my hand and jerks the vodka away.

Anna stands and stumbles then shoots me a glare. "I only wanted you to... to watch Malik... strip," she slurred, "you don't have to act m-m-mean and all goody g-g-good." she stammered through her words. How did she go from what seemed to be drunk yet functioning to... unstable?

I stand and start to reach out for her, she slaps my hand away and marches over to Malik, who is now in just some boxer briefs. At least he isn't nude. He looks relaxed and much easier to approach, so I head towards them.

Anna pushes Malik down to sit on the steps in the water and straddles him. Seriously. What did I even do to upset her and cause this kind of reaction. I sit behind them, still out of the water, and try to talk to her.

"Anna. Please, what's wrong? What did I do? Why are you upset suddenly?" I sound desperate, and perhaps I am. She's the only person here that I can even call a friend. Who else would've taken care of me when Kwan nearly cut my spine? Surly not Felix.

She peers over Malik's shoulder at me. Anger burns in her blue depths and she's never reminded me more of her brother than she does in this moment. I straighten my back at the sudden hostility. "You t-think you're t-too good for me. I got us o-out of the m-mansion," A tear slides down her cheek. "I just wanted y-y-you to swim and d-drink with me a-and you won't!"

Guilt floods through me. It's not that I don't want to indulge with her. I do, I really, really do. But I also really need to think about myself. Will this tarnish the trust and camaraderie I've established with her?

Fuck it. I snatch the bottle of vodka and take a couple of gulps, hissing between my teeth at the burn then shake my head. "Fucking gross." Standing up, I yank the towel off, walk around to the side of the pool and drop in with my eyes closed. I keep my hopes up that I don't lose my only pair of contacts.

When I emerge from the water, I hear Anna squeal and see her come swimming and splashing my way. "I knew you'd give in if I started having a childish fit!" She winked and started back stroking away.

No more slurring. No more stuttered or stammered words.

She played me. How much has she played me this whole time? Or was she truly just wanting me to loosen up and enjoy the night with her that badly?

With new thoughts and doubts swirling around in my head, I plaster a smile on my face anyway. I don't want to give her any reason to think I have some doubts about her now. I've really started to think she's a victim and prisoner completely, just as I am. Now, I'm not so sure. The scars on her back still have me thrown off. I just don't know what to think.

A patio door smacking shut draws my attention in its direction. Felix and Vlad descend the massive deck stairs leading down to us in the pool. I stop for a moment as I take in what I see.

They both have on swimming trunks and slides. Are those inflatable rafts? Where are there guns?

Felix meets my stare. "So little miss suka decided she will swim now?" he snorts and smiles, but it's not friendly. It's anything but. I imagine this is how he looks before he's getting ready to torture victims. He tosses a raft in my direction, narrowly missing my face, then jumps in. His body size causes the water to ripple and lift me some, but I easily keep myself afloat. Asshole.

Vlad drops another raft in and walks over to the steps. He steps in slowly while his eyes constantly take in his surroundings. I guess a dozen guards isn't enough out here. If I had opportunity, I'd kill him right now and be just fine if Felix or his guards killed me right after. At least I could avenge Armando and Adrian.

Thinking about Adrian again made my heart drop to my stomach. I'll never get over seeing that picture. It just adds more fuel to the burning rage of hate I harbor for this man mere feet in front of me.

Vlad tilts his head at me and his lips pull up halfway. "You look angry, princess. Angry at me. Is this small freedom not enough for you?" His arms are spread wide as he makes a small circle in place. Does he honestly think I have anything to be happy for here? He's delusional if he thinks otherwise.

I scoff and look away. I swim towards Anna and Malik. They have a tray of shot glasses in front of them on the concrete outside of the pool. Various bottles of liquor sit next to the glasses along with a tiny glass vial. Malik hoists himself up and sits on the edge so he can pour some shots. I watch from my peripheral as Felix and Vlad both get on a raft and a guard brings then an amber colored drink on ice.

A curse and a giggle draws my attention back to Malik and Anna. He spilled something down the front of his chest and Anna lunges up on her hands, licking up his stomach all the way to his mouth. When their tongues meet, I notice a small, blue pill leave his tongue and stay on hers. Not my business. I reach between them and snatch a shot and toss it back. A shudder rips through me and I put it back on the tray. They look at me and laugh.

"What? That tastes like hot piss." I shrug and make my way back to the steps. At least I can keep my butt cheeks concealed if I'm sitting on them.

More giggles come from Anna as she and Malik continue drinking, and Felix rotates his glare between the two of them and myself. Vlad's stare remains on me. I'm shocked they haven't given me and order to refill their booze. Probably afraid I'd find poison somewhere to put in it. Wouldn't that be perfect?

As the sun started to get lower and my skin pruned even more, a loud crash startled me. I shot up from the steps and took in the liquor bottles rolling and the ones that have busted. Malik had Anna cradled in his arms and lying her down flat on a towel. Felix and Vlad were out of the pool faster than I could process what was going on.

"She started seizing. She was fine then... seizing." Malik turned Anna's head to the side as foam spewed from her mouth. Oh my god.

I stayed behind watching as Felix shoved Malik away from his sister. I felt torn. If Anna had been playing me and can't be trusted, I shouldn't tell them shit. But f she wasn't...

Felix roared, his anger and panic mixing to make one primal sound. His eyes searched around frantically as his sister flipped around on the ground. He shouted in Russian to some of the guards and one spoke into his radio and another took off running into the mansion. "You!" He pointed at me. Immediately, I felt defensive. He better not blame me for this. "You're a nurse. Help her!"

I glance around nervously. I can't help her. She needs medical attention I don't have access to. Fuck. They are going to kill me over this probably.

I hurry up to Anna and kneel next to her, rolling her body to the side. At least she won't choke to death this minute. "I can't help her. She needs a hospital or at least a doctor with medical equipment. Oxygen. An IV." I look between Felix and Vlad. "She's having a bad reaction to it or..." fuck I don't want to be a narc, but I have no choice, "maybe she overdosed on the drug she ingested." There, I said it.

Without thinking, my eyes trailed over to Malik. His eyes were wide with shock. He wasn't going to mention the little pill exchange I bet. I take it he is surprised I saw it. Felix and Vlad followed my gaze and put two and two together.

Felix was up faster than a pouncing panther. He grabbed a handful of Malik's hair and jerked him to his feet. He began yelling in their native tongue, of course, and I continued clearing vomit and foam from Anna's mouth. Vlad covered her with a towel and stood to make room for what I assume is his on staff doctor and medical team.

They loaded Anna up a fold out cot with wheels and started an IV on her and put a mask with oxygen over her face. Vlad spoke to the doctor for a minute before they rushed inside with her.

Once I was alone with the remaining guards, Felix, Vlad, and a terrified Malik, I felt absolutely sick.

I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself and started to head inside, hoping I could just go barricade myself in my room, but a large hand wrapped around my bicep and jerked me to a stop.

I felt my bottom lip tremble, but I refused to cry out of fear this time. I did nothing wrong. I don't deserve to be blamed or get punished for this. I peered up into Vlad's empty, dark eyes. He's devoid of all emotions. I don't know how he is even human.

"Come with me, kitten. We need to have a discussion." He let go of my arm and walked off, right in the direction I was headed. I knew better than to make him wait or be told follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 217 79
*Book 1* Rosalía was adopted from a strange couple in Madrid at the age 7. She barely remembers her childhood from when she lived in Barcelona befor...
301K 11.2K 31
Lucy Mathews didn't quite know what she was getting into when she agreed to be the personal assistant of Mateo D'Amico. Surly she didn't think she'd...
538 23 11
(villain×heroine) (Enemies to lovers) (Huge age gap) (Cat and mouse duet) Damon blackwood(32 years old) the crime boss and the leader of midnight syn...
1.4M 33.5K 103
*WARNINGS* This story contains: sexual & mature language/acting strong use of words. drugs and alcohol. rape and assault. weapons. violent behaviour...