Difference

By garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... More

Disclaimer
1. I like your shoes
2. Teen Connection Club
3. Skylar & Braheim
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
17. Party
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
26. Cookies
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
29. Ali-bi
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
34. Swishers
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
42. Advice
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
49. ♡ Valentine ♡
50. ♡ Valentine pt 2 ♡
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

48. Family

18.2K 1.4K 1K
By garicksons

Eden»

"So...we good?" Adam asked me, finishing the blunt in his hand.

"I guess..just..none of that bullshit. Cool?"

"You was the one on some bullshit. But okay." He shrugged.

We'd had an hour long conversation in his room, which turned into an argument, which turned into rough sex, which turned back into a conversation.

We'd decided to take things slow, but not completely be out of each other's lives. I was okay with that.

"I'm surprised your mom let you out the house. I thought she was on some bullshit."

"With my brother, she is. Got caught with Farrah in his room and now neither of them can do shit. She knew not to try that with me though." I laughed.

"That sucks."

"Eh they'll be fine. Don got one of them connection club meetings today..him and Farrah usually sneak off and do bad shit. They still gonna do whatever they want."

"Aww that reminds me of us."

-

Adonis »

"Don are you dressed?" My mom said from the hallway.

Ever since the implementation of these ground rules...I wasn't allowed to close my door. This was obviously uncomfortable for multiple reasons.

"Yes, mom."

"Good. Another connection club meeting, you excited?"

"Yeah." I said truthfully- not for the meeting..but for the fun things Farrah and I would do instead.

"Good, I'm glad to see you finally happy about something that isn't that girl."

As we prepared to leave the house, I got a text from Farrah.

Farrah: what we doing today? 😊 I've got a couple ideas.

Me: like what?

Farrah: my parents when on a trip with the restaurant staff, I'm here with my cousin. You wanna come over?

Me: definitely.

Farrah »

"So..am I finna be third wheeling y'all? Because if so I'll just invite someone over."

Waiting in the parking lot in the Rec center, Tisha's constant questions began to annoy me.

The plan was to have Adonis' mom drop him off for the meeting, and then for me to be there waiting to pick him up.

Ever since my parents had that stupid meeting with Don's mom..they've been watching my every move. Today was the first time I had the house to myself in a while. 

"You can't just invite some random guy to my house, Tisha."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Don has met my parents." I shrugged. "Speaking of Don...there he is." I said, noticing him get out of his mom's car.

"Ooh girl-"

"Tisha I should warn you. He's shy, quiet, not very social. Maybe don't..intimidate him, okay?"

"How would I do that?"

I didn't say anything else, texting Adonis and letting him know where I was parked.

After watching him horribly navigate the parking lot, he'd finally found the car..but before he got in, he glimpsed at Tisha in the backseat.

"That's my cousin, don't worry she's nice." I said, opening the door for him.

"Oh...okay.."

"Hey Adonis, nice to meet you. I'm Tisha, I've heard a lot about you."

"Uh..hi." Adonis said quietly.

He's uncomfortable.

"You hungry? We can stop if you want." I said to him.

"No, I'm okay."

-

Adonis »

When we arrived to Farrah's house, her and I went straight to her room.

Her cousin trailed behind, but Farrah gave her a look, which I guess meant she should leave.

"I find it crazy that neither of us has been to any of those connection club meetings. I wonder what they do there." Farrah laughed, taking a seat on her bed.

"The brochure thing confused me. 'Get to know others, and yourself.' What does that mean?"

"What does what mean?"

"Getting to know...yourself."

She smirked.

"I thought you'd know better than anyone. Since we've been together I've watched you
get to know yourself."

Eden said the same thing.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...of course, you've always been you. But recently, you've done things you wanted to do, say things you wanted to say. You're not pushing it all down like you used to. You know who you are."

"Is that..good?"

Everyone who's described the change in me described it differently. My mom called it disrespect, my brother thought it was cool, Farrah found it 'cute'.

"It's great." She said, kissing my cheek.

Suddenly, there was a know on her door.

"What??" Farrah said rolling her eyes.

"Y'all aren't having sex yet right, I need something out of your bathroom." Farrah's cousin said, peaking in the room.

"No...Tisha. We aren't."

"My bad, I assumed y'all would be because you shaved before we l-"

"Tisha just get whatever you needed." She said, slipping of her hoodie, revealing her tight— lowly cut long sleeved shirt.

It was only now where I was becoming frustrated with Tisha looking around Farrah's bathroom, and growing eager to be alone with her.

"Farrah I don't see the conditioner." Her cousin whined.

"Ti- then Braheim probably had it. I'll go check his room." She sighed, climbing out of bed.

Man this sucks.

While Farrah was in her brother's room, Tisha exited her bathroom.

"Adonis, right?"

"Y-yeah."

"I've heard a lot of good things about you..what are you and Farrah about to do?"

I doubt I should say what I was planning to do.

"W-watch a movie...or something." I told her.

That's what Farrah says when we're going to have sex.

"Ohh a movie. That's cute." She said sitting on the bed.

I scooted away.

"You seem pretty cool. We should hang out sometime...-"

"Farrah!" I called out to her. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable around her cousin, and that was the only thing I thought to do.

Farrah rushed in the room, immediately locking eyes with Tisha.

"Why are you on my bed?"

"Your boyfriend started a conversation with me..I was being polite."

??

"Tisha get out." Farrah said, throwing the conditioner at her cousin.

When she left, Farrah closed the door and locked it behind her.

"Sorry about her. She's...ugh." Farrah said, getting on the bed with me.

"I- I didn't start any type of conversation with her."

"I know Don. She just thinks you're hot. Which you are."

Sometimes it felt like girls didn't really see me as attractive until I got into a relationship. My dad used to tell me that.

Those weren't his exact words, obviously.

Farrah chuckled to herself quietly.

"It's cute how you stare off into space sometimes. It makes me wonder what's going on inside your head."

"Too many things."

"What you thinking about right now?"

"My dad....my family."

"You think about him a lot?"

"Yeah. He was awesome Farrah. I wish you could've met him."

Farrah »

"In the note, he said sorry. He said he wished he could watch us grow up."

I'd listened to Adonis speak for around half an hour now. He'd never spoke this much unprompted, so I figured this was something he needed to get out.

He'd told me about his dad, his relationship with his mom, how his family changed after he died..and it broke my heart. Though, he didn't seem upset at all.

Of course, this is not what I anticipated on doing when Adonis got here, but I didn't mind.

"My mom was so mean to him. Just..horrible. I think she messed his head up. I used to be mad that he killed himself, but growing up in a house with just my mom? Sometimes I felt like doing the same thing."

"Don...."

"Things are better now Farrah. But man, things used to be bad."

As much as my parents pissed me off, I was blessed to have a stable loving household. Not everyone does.

"When I'm older, and married..I wanna have a big family. And do fun things like go on trips. I won't treat my kids like me and Eden got treated."

"I know exactly how you feel."

"Can I tell you something?" Adonis said sitting up.

"You know you can tell me anything."

"I don't know if it's weird to say this..but.."

a/n:
Don't beat my ass but, I don't think this story will be done At 50 chapters. I know nobody likes long ass books but damn lol

The reason why is, I planned on this chapter being longer. But it got too long and I had to split it up into SEVERAL. lmao yeah I been writing.

how y'all doing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133 4 6
A story of two high schoolers, both struggling with health problems, mental and physical. These disorders almost manage to tear them apart, but with...
282 27 30
COMPLETED- Angela has suffered from mental depression and disorientation ever since her mum died, she is constantly abandoned and nobody is ever ther...
219 41 12
A journey of mental health recovery plus romance between two boys, detailing recovery from different kinds of self harm and different kind of trauma...
breathe By nnooks

Teen Fiction

1.5K 96 11
A story about a girl and her world that revolves around the concept of love despite her fear of it.