Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{5}

5.5K 179 33
By Pandalion23

3 years later

You yelped as you hit the floor, the cement beneath you knocking the air from your lungs, You grimaced painfully, before your eyes widen at the bile forcing it's way up your throat. Covering your mouth quickly, you place your other hand onto the floor to help stand yourself up. The feeling of throwing up goes away and you're left panting harshly instead, feeling the beads of sweat running down your face before seeing it drip one by one to the floor.

"Get up! The enemy won't wait for you!" The harsh instruction of Gran Torino rang through your ears, causing you to look up, your hair, messily, obscuring your view of the old man. He stood there, his hero costume brandished, his arm's apart as he was ready to start his assault once again. "You must learn to prolong your power time, if you don't you will remain vulnerable," you began to stand, stumbling, however, at the stinging sensation in your back from his previous attack. "Know when it cancels, it warns you, the burning through your veins, understand it," he advises and you look down at your palms, at the dulled glow beneath the skin running up your forearms passed your torn sleeves. "If you don't, you will never know the full extent of your power," he says harshly, before extending his hand in a challenging manner. "Now, hit me!"

'I can see why Dad's been scared of 'em all these years.' You sweat dropped.

You grit your teeth, your power coursing through your body like a wildfire, it burns like it always has since that day, the convertor on your chest glows beneath your shirt, producing a stinging sensation through you. You can help the low growl that breaks through your lips as you let your energy spread before you bend down, your eye's never leaving your master. "Hra!" You sprung forwards, your bare feet hitting against the ground and your surging forwards, your palms heating up, energy converging into your open hands.

Gran Torino smirks before the soles of his feet produce a magnificent blast of air, like the air pressure of a rocket boost, causing him to blast upwards, avoiding your direct hit. You follow, spinning around, your feet catching on the ground behind you, "Faster, Yagi! Control your power!" You force yourself to bound upwards, reaching for the yellow cape of your teacher, the winds spiraling around you and him. "Don't give in to your pain!" He jumps off of the ceiling, his foot coming down to hit you, it's inches from your face and your quickly dodge to the side, arching your back to miss him. He hits the floor and springs to the side, the air pressure from his rockets sending him flying all across the room, jumping off the side walls and lunging forwards to throw you off. "Focus, (y/n)!"

You panted heavily, clutching your chest as your quirk sparked within you, nodding once, "Right!" You wheezed out, you narrowly dodged his kick to your side, before jumping to the side to avoid the punch to your face.

He grazes your cheek but you smirk at the closeness, using the remaining energy through your arm to reach for his as you spin yourself around. He doesn't react fast enough this time, surprised to see you come from the side, "I've got y--gah!" He attempted to dodge you fully, but you took a handful of his cape and forced him down, over your head. However, even though he hadn't hit you, you feel a horrible swell of agony ripple through you, causing you to fall forwards to your knees. You scream shortly, your eye's watering at the feeling, your hand going up to claw at your throbbing chest, you wheeze harshly, you don't even feel the hand against your back as you fall forwards.

"(Y/n)!" His voice comes through muffled, but the urgency and worry through it reaches you. "(Y/n), breathe, breathe, it's ok," Gran Torino rests a hand against your back, pressing down on it to reach the point of pressure to ease you.

His gaze softens as he watches his young student struggle to breathe through the pain of her quirks drawbacks. Ever since the accident 3 Years ago, you haven't been able to fully use your quirk to its entire extent without the blisters of raw pain that would run through you, unwillingly. Your heart having literally been crushed during the attack, you had to grow to become accustomed to the pain that would follow it's use. The convertor you had been given prior did little to fully stop the pain you'd feel, only withholding for a while before letting go and slowing your body to absorb the full effects. "It's alright, (y/n)," he noticed you had slowly began to calm as your glowing energy began to recede to your heart once again. "Rest, you did good today," he meant it, you had been overworking yourself for the past 5 hours, going over every technique he's taught you and lesson he's grinded into your memory.

He knew you were exhausted, your limbs shook like jelly before you had fallen, he was proud of your persistence. You had grown so much already during his teaching, he had seen how much you've grown through the years, your drawbacks didn't stop you, you were headstrong, vigilant, reckless at times even. You reminded him of Toshinori, strongly, but you've made a valuable impression as yourself, becoming a stronger young woman everyday.

Your training was grueling, he had personally made sure of that, he pushed you to your limits, sometimes at your request. And he found himself seriously sparring for the first time in years, with such a young opponent no less, you still had a long way to go however, if you were to become a hero. But you had the makings of a powerful foe to any enemy in your future.

"We'll continue tomorrow," he began to help you up as you calmed to a harsh breath every few seconds. However, your hand wrapped around his wrist quickly as he helped you stand to your feet.

"N-no!" You stuttered, squeezing your eye's shut before opening them tiredly, blinking back the splintering headache. "I can...I can keep going!" You balled up your fists, your body shaking as you stood on your own, trying to force your power through your palms, the white energy flickering to life. "I won't let this stop me anymore! Don't worry about me, master! I'm ready!"

Gran Torino's eye's widened, but then they softened, he wasn't completely surprised, you've been like this ever since he had started training you. Always pushing yourself like your father, "You should take it easy, is what I should say," he chuckles as he bends his knees, ready to take off. "Instead...Come, fight with all you've got!" He bellows, a smirk spreading across his face as he watches you extend your palms, the white solid energy expanding to create bolts that sparked across your fingers.

"Lunar Bolt!" You clenched your jaw, forcing a smile onto your lips as your extended your wrists outwards and forced your energy to converge into your palms, running forwards. You let out a cry as you released the energy, sending it spiraling towards your teacher, their glow similar to the moon's ominous presence. They soared forwards at an equal pace, aiming at your teacher, he gasped shortly before flipping over, dodging before pushing off the ceiling towards you. The power hurled itself through the wall, before exploding against something violently on the other side, hitting what may have been a garbage dumpster.

"Aim better next t--huh?" He was surprised to find you not in his sight, having turned fully to find you gone from your previous spot.

"Don't get distracted, master..." His eyes widened at the voice behind him, he turns his head, still midair, he finds you with your fist reeled back, coated with a layer of white energy, a smile on your face. "I've got you." You swing, your fist meeting his right open palm, his last attempt to block the hit to his face, but his knuckles still hit against his cheek and he spins down to the floor, the force of the blow causing him to spiral into the side wall. He stabilizes himself before he hits it, clutching his bruising palm almost proudly.

He chuckles mentally at the sting of pain in his hand, you were on the last ounce of your power but still managed to attack without fail. Your speed rivaling even your father's, your prediction time was becoming admirable, he reminded himself now to remember to keep a close eye on your moves.

You had collapsed. Landing on your side after delivering your final blow, you were panting softly, this time having knocked yourself out cold.

"Ah, Toshinori," the old man grin's with pride. "She will become a true hero," he announces.

All Might stood in front of the police car, he watched as the officers hauled in the restrained villain sporting a black eye while spewing insults to the policemen holding him down.

"Get off of me! I'll destroy this entire fuckin' city, you--mmph!" the thug growled beneath the metal muzzle they forced onto him, clamping it shut behind his unsightly dozens of eye's behind his head. Some closed reluctantly to avoid behind prodded by the metal restraint, All Might shivered mentally at the sight as some looked one way and others went completely opposite, this one was a rather witty opponent.

"Thanks again, All Might," the sheriff stuck a hand out to shake the hero's hand as his deputies directed the villain into the van waiting.

All Might laughed proudly, brandishing a wide, proud smile. "Just doing what's right, Sheriff! Now, I must be on my way!" He stumbled know a large hand up, shaking the man's hand before laughing proudly as he steps away female the crowd of civilians and news reporters to transcend into the skies.

"All Might! All Might!" The crowd cheered, having witnessed another amazing battle between the two and marveled at the strength of the leading number one hero.

"Good day fair citizens!" He raises a hand to the people, who cheer even louder.

Before the news crew can coax him into another interview, he thrusts himself into the air, careful to reduce the air pressure created. Breathing a sigh of relief having gotten to take a breather from the crowd, he coughed once, twice, feeling the trace of blood following to up his throat.

He was almost at his limit.

He lands on a nearby building before springing upwards once again, only a few more blocks and he'd be able to pick you up from your training. He felt his smile grow wider at the mention, you had grown so much since you've began, your power and skill becoming almost unbelievable. You were still young but your progress was...he couldn't be prouder, especially having Gan Torino as a teacher, he knew it was hard. But, you pushed through, even with the drawbacks that had befallen you, and you were creating a path of you own.

"(Y/n)..." he hummed fondly.

His little girl was growing to become an amazing woman, he couldn't wait to see what your future as a hero would bring. He knew you'd be great, even greater than he was.

After all, he needed a successor for One-for-All, in the future, if he didn't find another as inspiring as you...he knew you would make him proud. But, he also didn't feel right to force another damaging quirk to you, you were his daughter, it was only right that you be the next vessel, the next person he would pass the torch to. And he wanted you to have the honor, the honor of becoming the next number one. But, he knew already, you wouldn't need his quirk to succeed him, you could do that just fine without it, he knew that, he believed that.

So, he'd wait.

Finally, after almost half an hour, he landed in front of Gran Torino's familiar building, the rundown apartment building, he opened the sliding doors before closing them behind him. He was surprised to find you standing there, his eyes widening before he laughed awkwardly as he calmed, poofing back to his skinnier self.

"Dad!" You smiled, placing the hot tray in your hands down on the table, laughing gleefully as you ran to him, limping slightly before hugging him, nearly tripping both of you.

He laughed softly. "Hello, darling," he smiles down at you, stroking your hair before you pull away, "I see you're done with training," he noted the apron you're wearing and the bandages around your elbows, down to your wrists. "Shouldn't you be resting," he didn't ask, more like informed, staring at you sternly as if he were about to send you to bed.

You smiled sheepishly. "I just wanted to make something for master, he's been training me nonstop for the past week, I could at least thank him," you shrugged your shoulder's, trying or sway him as you scratched the back of your neck.

Toshinori raised a brow. "Cooking? Eh," he looks towards the kitchen and down to your hands, seeing the mittens covering them before the tray still steaming from the taiyaki you had taken out of the oven. "You cooked, huh?"

You placed your hands on your hips, nodding. "Yep! Come on, I made Uncle Hiko's favorite," you pulled around his hands.

He noted the bandages around your fingers as well, even the ones around your calves and knees, the ice pack strapped to your left ankle..."(y/n), you should be resting. You still need to properly heal," he picked you up by your waist, putting you in the crook of his arm. "Alright, time for bed," you gaped at him, before struggling in his grasp as he puffed up into his stronger form.

"Hey, daddy! Stop, I'm fine!" You hook your ankle onto the door handle, he turned feeling the resistance and raised a brow at you. "Look," you began to unwrap your left arm bandage, only faint bruises around your elbow and forearm but nothing major. "Mother nature provides. Did you forget I can do that?" You giggled at him, pulling up your sleeves as you let him see the energy that was glowing under your skin, slowly healing you as you had absorbed as much as you could from a green field after training. The energy working as told, running through your body to find any broken bones or scratches. "It's not perfect, but I feel way better than I did earlier," you blew out a sigh at the reminder of the aching feeling rippling through you just a few hours prior.

Toshinori looked at you as if unconvinced for a moment before setting you down, "If you wince in the slightest than your going to bed and sleeping till next month," he says, you push and look at him oddly before shaking you head.

Honestly, he's always found you power to be quite beautiful, you've become one with nature, literally. A vessel of pure life energy, an angel of the earth, you could give and take life, he wouldn't be surprised if you had the power to bring back the dead if you tried hard enough. But, your power would have to develop further than it was now. He couldn't imagine the things you were capable of, the things you'd be able to do when you got got a proper handle on your power...you'd become an unstoppable force of life.

"Oi! Oi! I smell Taiyaki!"

You turned and your father stiffened slightly, you bounded to the kitchen table as you saw Gran Torino round the corner, his mouth water at the sight of the fish shaped cakes. You grinned widely as you pushed a plate into his seat at the table, "Eat up, master!" You laughed happily, capping your hands together, proud of your work.

Toshinori's eye's widened slightly before he chuckled, walking over, already finding you turning with his plate in hand, 4 steaming, fresh taiyaki's that you had learned to make after years of being under Gran Torino's teachings. You knew he loved these fish cakes, eating them for almost every meal of the day, of course you had forced him to try different things for his midday meals, but he found nothing better. Until you started making them for him.

You father smiles softly, "Thanks sweetheart," he takes the plate, plopping one between his teeth, making you giggle.

You grabbed your own plate next and ran over to the table, your father pulled out your table and you sat in the middle, while the two men sat at the ends of both sides. Sorahiko reaches over with a pleased look on his face, patting you on the head, "Splendid! Splendid! Taiyaki!" He compliments before chowing down and you grin, biting down on your own fish shaped cake.

"These are wonderful, darling. When did you learn to make them?" Toshinori asked, biting down, his eyes instantly going wide before watering, they were glorious...

You looked up thoughtfully while your father silently cried as he swallowed the cake whole, "Um, well I guess a few months ago, I never got it right the first time. But, I just had to know what filling Uncle Hiko actually liked in his and then I got it down! I'm glad you like them!"

Toshinori chuckled and nodded before eating another one, "Little Yagi! Fetch me another platter, huh?" Gran Torino asked you, a grin on his face as he had a fish halfway in his mouth. You giggled before nodding and taking his empty plate, printing off to the stove once again.

The two men smiled fondly at the young girl, before Gran Torino was the first to speak, "She's improving," he said, drawing the hero's attention. "Her power is growing, but it comes at an extensive price, Toshinori," the man frown's slightly. "The drawback takes a heavy toll."

Toshinori looks away, grimacing. "Recovery girl had given her a few pills to take for the pain, but it only lasts a few hours, the thing about her quirk, it cleanses her system. Like a constant expulsion of anything different, she's never taken medication particularly well," he sighs heavily, before forcing a smile as you turn to run back to he table. "Maybe she needs a break, I don't--" he looks to his teacher who shakes his head.

"I'm not saying to halt her training, Toshinori. I'm telling you the cost, that's not yours to pay," his expression hardens before he let's it drop as you set down his next plate.

Toshinori's eye's are wide, his gaze flickering to you, did he mean that if you kept going....that if you made the choice to proceed in your journey to power...

"Hey Dad, I saw you on the news! That was amazing! Who was that guy? He had like 24 eye's in the back of his head," you turned in your seat to look at your father, hardly noticing his glum expression.

Toshinori looks up, his eyes finding his daughters, he almost didn't hear the question. "Oh, um, well he was a thief in the city over for the last couple of weeks. He was a good opponent, but--" he buffed up, poofing back into his All Might state with a thumbs up and his signature grin. "But, no match for your Dad! ALL MIGHT!"

He struck a mjghty pose, glancing at you through the corner of his eye, you clapped happily, laughing cheerfully, "That's amazing! You're so cool, Dad!"

He poofed back into his former state, "That, I am," he admits.

"I wanna be a great hero, like you, one day! I'll train really hard until I can fight with you, I'll be right by your side!"

Toshinori couldn't help but smile, he was an inspiration to you, the motivation you needed to pursue that goal you had set in your mind ever since that day. You wanted to become a hero, become a symbol of hope and peace like he strived to be, he wanted to see that for you. Because you wanted so badly to become that. And you knew the consequences, you knew the toll, but you kept that smile on your face, that pain in your eye's couldn't be seen but he could feel it everytime he found those big doe eye's of yours. He was proud of you because at such a young age you've already developed the spark of what it meant to become a hero.

He reached over, setting his hand atop your head while you smiled cutely at him, before he caresses the side of your face. "You'll be...an amazing hero, (y/n)," he slowly let himself swell into his powerful stature, the hero, All Might, now grinning down at you. His eyes softening however, not hardened like before. "A symbol of hope for your rising generation of heroes!" He exclaimed, his eyes burning into your own. "You will do great things! I know you will!"

You felt your heart thud rapidly, beating harshly as you took in your father's words. Your lips curving upwards, your eyes burning but you pushed back the sensation, producing a close eyed beaming grin. "Thanks, Dad..." you leaped from your chair, throwing your hands around him, unwillingly applying power power to your feet, nearly breaking your chair and sending both you and your father falling backwards onto the ground. "Gah! Oops, sorry! Sorry!" You apologized instantly.

Gran Torino shook his head, biting into his food slowly. He wanted to see you grow into the hero he knew you would become and he'd train you till that day. He had to make sure that you lived to see that day, to fight to see that day, to be happy and see that glorious day....

He watched you laugh in glee at your father, having blew off a piece of his fish cake off of his nose, the filling running down his face. You were a beautiful child both in spirit and in truth, he'd make sure to protect you until the time came to let you go to the world on your own. Becuase you weren't safe, not yet, the world was still full of monsters, full of enemies...

But for now...

"Oi! Don't waste my taiyaki!" The old man launched his his spoon at the two, forcing hem to duck down beneath the table to dodge it.

"Forgive me, master! Wait--!" Toshinori attempted to peek out from under the table before going back under to dodge a pair of chopsticks accurately aimed for his face. Your laughter at the situation not going unnoticed as you huddled next to your father as the old man jumped onto the table.

"My Taiyaki's!"

He didn't want your childhood to go to waste.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 2.1K 47
[Please refrain from reading this fic. It's old, and I had no idea what I was doing. You will cringe at my writing. Please do yourself a favor here.]...
1.4K 7 10
I'm Izumi Midoriya you may remember me from my first life when I wasn't a hero...It seems as though God had other plans for me which brings us here...
71.4K 3K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
986 30 15
Crushes were hard, especially when it was your childhood friend you'd bullied for years. Bakugo should've known this. He didn't. He didn't, not tru...