Trauma - Hopper Fan fiction

By cwilborn2017

15 year old Jamie Hopper has had enough living with her mom and her abusive step dad. She decides to run away... More

1. Going Home
2. The reveal
3. Contemplation
4. The truth
5. The first night
6. Owens
7. Traitor
8. The real truth
9. Diane
10. The void
11. Mom and Dad
12. Manupilation pt. 1
13. Manipulation pt. 2
14. The plan
15. The party
16. Taken
17. Returned
18. Change of plans
20. Cold blood pt. 2
21. Heart to heart
22. Daddy Duties
23. Dreams vs. reality
24. Boundaries pt. 1
25. Apologies
26. The set up
27. Internal affairs
28. Upside down
29. Together forever
30. Boundaries pt. 2
31. Problem child
32. Compromise
33. Warning
34. Shadows
35. Father figure
36. Double trouble
37. Revenge
38. Uncle Owens
39. Confrontation
40. Memories
41. Gender Reveal pt 1
42. Gender Reveal Pt 2
43. Rendezvous
44. Rendevous pt. 2
45. Extraction pt. 1
46. Extraction pt. 2
47. Ice Ice Baby
48. Another Host
49. And then there were 7
50. Halfway Happy Thanksgiving
51. Pushing me away
52. The beginning
53. Code red
54. Jealousy
55. Recollection

19. Cold blood pt. 1

1.5K 43 24
By cwilborn2017

Hopper wheeled Jamie in and nodded at the receptionist.

"Im pretty sure you know where you're going", she smiled as she nodded towards everyone else.

"Chief-o!", Owens loudly greeted Hopper as he entered through the double doors. "Good morning everyone", Owens said nodding to the rest of the family.

Everyone followed Owens into his office and sat down as Owens opted to sit on the front of his desk. Steve sat on the edge so that he would still be able to hold Jamie's hand while resting his arm comfortably on the arm of the wheelchair.

"Hello, Jamie", Owens said as Jamie still had her hood covering her eyes.

Jamie's only response was a quick smile. Owens gave Joyce and Hopper a look questioning the hoodie, but Hopper only shrugged and shook his head indicating Owens to not even bother her about it.

"So... what exactly are you going to be doi-", Joyce started to ask before Owens finished her sentence.

"Well I'm gonna have her see the gynecologist but first I need to ask her a few questions."

"Ok", Hopper nodded as he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his kees.

"Uh... normally the questions that I'm about to ask are supposed to be in private if the child is over 12", Owens said akwardly as he looked at Joyce and Hopper.

"Oh... um I don't think thats's a good-", Hopper stuttered before Joyce stood and grabbed his arm.

"Sure, doc. We'll be waiting right outside", Joyce said as he pulled Hopper's and Steve's arm and bolted towards the door.

Jamie quickly pulled her hood from over her eyes the moment her and Steve's hands broke apart. Jamie quickly stood from the chair to retreat, but Joyce quickly met her halfway and urged her to sit back down.

"Its okay, sweetie. He's just going to ask you a few questions. We'll be right outside the door", Joyce said pointing towards the door. "If you get scared, or if you need me you just call me and I'll come right in, okay?", she finished as she hugged Jamie.

When Steve saw that Jamie still looked unsure about the situation, he fumbled in his pocket and pulled out his black sunglasses.

"Here. You can put these on. Sometimes they makes me feel like I'm hidden when wearing them", he said as he bent over and placed his glasses on Jamie's face.

Jamie adjusted the glasses and then put her hood back on. Steve smiled at her before squeezing her hand.

"I'm gonna be right outside the door okay? I'll be there when you come out. Promise", he said as he placed his hands in his pocket and stood between Hopper and Joyce.

Jamie nodded as everyone left. She took a deep breath and counted to ten as she looked around the room in search of a two way mirror or projector.

"Alright, Jamie. When was your last menstrual cycle?", Dr. Owens said as he gave Jamie a stress ball to keep her hands busy.

"About a month ago maybe?", Jamie said fiddling with the ball.

"Is it normally late?"

"No. It should be coming in a few days."

"Ok. What I'm gonna do is have you take a pregnancy test, okay?", Owens said as he pulled a specimen cup from the cabinet and a pulled a test from the drawer.

"Why do I need to take a test?", Jamie questioned as she tossed the ball back and forth in her hands.

"Uhhh.... Do you remember what happened before your dad brought you home yesterday?", Owens asked somewhat uncomfortably.

"After I saw that thing I felt super drained and then I remember David .... carrying me", Jamie said slowly as she tried to remember what happened before everything became a blur.

"Do you remember what happened after that?", Owens said as he opened the test and placed it on the counter.

The next thing Jamie remembered was going to sleep in David's arms and waking up in Steves. As she watched Dr. Owens prepare the test, she started to connect the dots.

Owens looked up once he heard Jamie start to hyperventilate. He wheeled his chair next to her and placed his stethoscope in his ears and the diaphragm on her back.

"Long deep breaths, okay Jamie? You need to calm down so you don't have a panic attack. Squeeze the ball if you need to", Owens said softly.

Jamie squeezed the ball and shut her eyes as she tried to force herself to remember what happened. Jamie continued to hyperventilate as Dr. Owens talked to her softly.

"In and out Jamie. In... and out", he said as he lightly rubbed her back.

Once Jamie calmed down, Owens slid back in his chair and handed her the test.

"I'm going to step out so you can take the test, okay. Here's what you're gonna do. First, you're going to pee in the cup so that it's easier in case you mess up. Then, you're gonna take the test and di-"

"I know how to do it, it's not my first time", Jamie said nonchalantly.

Owens stopped dead in his tracks as he looked at Jamie with horror and confusion written on his face.

"Um", Owens swallowed as he tilted his head. "What do you mean it's not your first time? Are you sexually active?"

"No. My mom forced me to take them after...." Jamie whispered as she looked at Owens hoping he would put two and two together so she didn't have to relive those memories.

"I gotcha", Owens said understandingly. "Does you dad or anyone else know about this?"

Jamie shrugged her shoulders as Owens nodded and walked towards the door.

"I'll check up on you in a few minutes. When you're done, put this on and the gynecologist will be in shortly, alright?", Owens said as he placed a hospital gown on the examination bed.

As Owens left the room and entered the hallway, Steve and Hopper immediately stood up thinking that it was Jamie.

"Well, how'd it go?", Hopper asked with his hands shoved deep in his pockets.

"Have you ever thought about getting her an order of protection?", Owens asked quietly as he pulled Hopper off to the side.

"What happened? What did she say?", Hopper asked as he looked back at Joyce and Steve who stood there wondering what the two were whispering about.

"Well, I had her take a pregnancy test and she told me this isn't her first one."

"Wait, what the fuck?! What?!", Hopper said as he started to get loud before Owens shushed him.

"She said that her mother made her take a test after I'm assuming every time this has happened which means that he wasn't using protection, and she most likely knew that", Owens continued to whisper.

Hoppers eyes grew wide as he huffed and puffed. He turned and went to Joyce who immediately saw his anger.

"What's goi-", Joyce started before Hopper grabbed his coat that sat on the back of the chair.

"YOU!", he said looking at Steve. "Let's go!"

Steve quickly stood up and grabbed his jacket as he looked confused.

"Where are you going?!", Joyce asked Hopper as he pulled out his phone to call a cab.

"I've got something that I've gotta take care of", Hopper said as he leaned down and kissed Joyce before throwing on his coat.

"Well are you coming back?! What about Jamie?!"

"I need you to stay here with her. I'm getting a cab. I'll call you later, love ya", Hopper said as he started walking quickly down the hallway.

Joyce rolled her eyes and turned to meet the gynecologist who was going to be examining Jamie.
Hopper didn't look back while Steve looked towards Jamie's room door as the gynecologist walked in. He didn't know where they were going, but he promised Jamie that he'd be there when she got out.

Hopper wasn't even out of the building before he lit his cigarette.

"If you don't mind me asking... what are we about to do?", Steve asked akwardly as a yellow cab pulled outfront.

Hopper got in and put his phone to his ear ignoring Steve.

Back in Dr. Owens office, the gynecologist walked in and saw that Jamie was still fully dressed with sunglasses on.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you not finished with your test?", she asked.

"I'm finished. It's negative", Jamie replied handing the test to the gynecologist.

"Okay", she said taking the test. "My name is doctor Gabriel Adams, but many of my patients call me Dr. Gabby."

Jamie stood there and stared at her as looked through Jamie's chart.

"Okay, I'll just be performing a routine inspection so I'll step out and give you time to change into the gown that Dr. Owens left for you, alright?" Dr. Gabby said with a friendly smile as she backed towards the door and left the room.

Jamie heard Dr. Gabby and Joyce talking quietly as their voices became muffled once the door closed. Jamie stared at the hospital gown as chills ran down her spine from memories of being in the lab the day prior wearing a similar looking gown.

Jamie took a deep breath and swallowed spit as she picked up the hospital gown and felt the material. She started to undress as she kept checking around the room until she stood there with nothing but the hospital gown, socks, and Steve's sunglasses on. Jamie tip toed around the room until she heard a quick knock before the door opened.

"Alright, Jamie. Are you ready?", Dr. Gabby asked as she patted the examination bed for Jamie to take a seat.

Jamie took another deep breath and laid down as Dr. Gabby lowered the bed so that Jamie would lay completely flat. Jamie stared at the ceiling as she decided to close her eyes and focus on her breathing.

"Alright, sweetie. Go ahead and slide down a bit and place your feet up here for me", Dr. Gabby said motioning towards the stirrups as she switched on a bright lamp and focused the light towards the bottom area of the bed.

Jamie panicked when the lamp turned on and slowly retreated backwards in the bed. Dr. Gabby started to put on a pair of gloves and a mask when she noticed that Jamie still had her underwear on.

"Oh sweetie, you have to take your panties off too so that I can perform the examination", Dr. Gabby kindly told Jamie. Little did she know, that pushed Jamie over the edge.

Joyce forcefully pushed the restroom door open with her shoulder as she threw the paper towel that she dried her hands with in the trash on her way out. She started walking down the hallway back towards Jamie's room when she heard a muffled commotion. Joyce didn't pay any mind at first until she got closer to Jamie's room and recognized her voice.

Joyced picked up her pace and sprinted the rest of the way to Jamie's room and ran into the door as she entered and frantically looked around. Joyce saw Jamie sitting on the floor in the corner as Dr. Gabby attempted to comfort her.

"No! Don't touch me!", Jamie screamed as she buried her face in her knees and stomped her feet on the floor while Dr. Gabby reached for her arm.

Joyce ran to the corner and placed her hand on Jamie's back.

"Jamie, calm down! What's wrong?!", Joyce asked as she moved Dr. Gabby's hand.

"I WANT TO GET OUT!!!", Jamie shouted while hyperventilating as she started to tear the hospital gown off of her.

"Okay, okay. Come on, sweetie. Let's go get some air", Joyce said soothingly as she helped Jamie off the ground who then scurried towards the door.

Joyce grabbed the blanket that Dr. Gabby attempted to give to Jamie as she bolted down the hallway to the nearest exit. Joyce ran after her into the courtyard where Jamie stood with her arms on top of her head. Joyce placed the blanket around Jamie as Dr. Owens came running outside.

"What happened?!", he asked as he placed his hands on his hips to catch his breath.

Joyce held an arm around Jamie who stood there crying and breathing uncontrollably and sighed as she looked at Owens. Owens reached in his pocket and gave Joyce a miniature bottle of water and a pill.

Knowing that Jamie would put up a fight with taking pills, Joyce shoved it in her mouth and gave her the water bottle.

"Here, you need to take this so that you calm down. Drink.", she said giving the bottle to Jamie.

Once Jamie finished the bottle, Joyce gave her a hug and rubbed her back.

"I called you", Jamie said as she sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just stepped away to go to the restroom", Joyce whispered in her ear as she felt guilty and responsible for Jamie's panic attack.

"Wheres daddy? And Steve?"

"I don't know. But when I find him, I'm gonna kill him", Joyce said as she gave Jamie one last tight hug and fixed her hair.

Jamie looked at Owens who stood holding the door open so they wouldn't get locked out.

"Do I have to go back?", Jamie asked.

Joyce sighed and nodded.

"Unfortunately. But, I'm going in there with you so that I'll be right there if you need me", she said as they both walked back inside holding hands.

——————-

Hopper and Steve sat in the blazer outside of a house a few towns over.  After sitting about an hour or so, Hopper jumps up in his seat when a man walks outside of a house.

"Yo, that's him! That's the guy from the lab! He even has on the same clothes!", Steve said as she shoved Hopper's arm and pointed towards David who was now getting in his car.

Hopper started the engine and proceeded to follow David when his phone began to ring.

"Ahh, shit", Hopper mumbled as he saw that it was Joyce calling.

He turned his ringer off and put his phone in the cupholder as he maintained his distance.

After Hopper followed David for about 15 minutes, he started to get antsy.

"Where the fuck is her mother", he mumbled as a cigarette bounced in between his lips.

"Wait, her mom? Her mom knows that guy?", Steve asked as he looked somewhat confused.

"That guy, Steve. Is her mom's boyfriend or whatever the fuck they are."

"Wait... So basically her step dad r-... you know?"

Hopper nodded his head as David parked in front of a seemingly abandoned building. Hopper parked behind a few trucks at the end of the block to stay out of view as he watched David get out and go around the back.

"So, what's the plan?", Steve asked.

"The plan is", Hopper said as he took off his seatbelt and got out of the car. "You stay here, and I'll call you when I need you", he finished before closing the door and quickly made his way towards the back of the building with his hand readily on his gun.

"What the fu-", Steve mumbled as he slammed back in his seat and looked down at the buzzing cupholder.

"Great", Steve said rolling his eyes as he watched Hopper's phone vibrate as he got another call from Joyce.

————-

"Six", Joyce counted.

"Six", Jamie repeated with a shaking breath.

"Seven", Joyce continued as she looked at her phone that lay by her side as Hopper's phone went to voicemail once again.

"S-Seven"

"Eight", Joyce said with a huff.

Jamie sat there and squeezed her eyes shut as she slowly started to panic.

"Come on, Jamie. Look at me. Eight", Joyce said as she tilted Jamie's head towards her.

"Eight", Jamie whispered.

"Nine", Joyce continued.

"Ten", Jamie quickly finished as she let out a deep exhale.

Dr. Gabby shut off the lamp and pulled her gloves off before washing her hands.

"You did great, Jamie.", Dr. Gabby said referring to Joyce getting her to control her breathing. "Do you have panic attacks often?"

"More than she should", Joyce said as she gently rubbed Jamie's forehead. "She's just going through some rough patches right now."

"You should consider getting a dog", Dr. Gabby continued.

"Oh, no. Her dad would never let that happen", Joyce said as she saw Jamie's eyes light up.

"Well, if it's a trained Service or therapy animal it's different. You should give it a shot. But, let's go over what I've discovered."

Joyce got up from the examination table as Dr. Gabby lifted it up to its normal position.

"So, as far as any diseases or infections goes, you're good. And you're not pregnant, which is also good."

"So, where did the blood come from?", Joyce asked.

"Well I believe the bleeding came from the fact that since this wasn't consensual intercourse, Jamie wasn't self lubricated and the friction from the... forced entry I should say can sometimes cause bleeding."

"Okay, so nothing medical we should be worried about?"

"Nothing at all. Now, unless you all have any more questions you're free to go", Dr. Gabby said with a smile as she stood and shook Jamie and Joyce's hand.

As Joyce and Jamie got into the car, Joyce looked through her phone to see if she had any missed calls.

"What the hell is he doing? Normally he would've called back by now", she mumbled to herself.

As Joyce pulled off and headed towards the house, Jamie leaned back in the seat and put Steve's sunglasses on.

"Maybe El can find him?", Jamie said after not wanting to volunteer herself to be endure more emotional stress than she already has today.

Joyce thought for a second and mentally face palmed herself for not thinking of that first. With a semi threatening voice, Joyce verbally agreed.

"Call your sister. We're gonna find his ass."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.4K 11
Fifteen was slowly giving up hope. Everything in her life was going wrong. She was kept in a government lab for testing since she has the power of co...
65.5K 1.5K 22
Y/n Henderson, Dustin's older sister, is the manager of Starcourt Mall's one and only Schoops Ahoy. Her live is relatively simple, other than the de...
242K 6.9K 31
Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. ************************* "Don't you trust me?" "Of course not! I would never tru...
28.7K 540 34
A collection of original, adorable, and emotional Mileven moments I envisioned, that occur before other unknown villains and monsters from season 3 i...